Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

"Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben (2805 Views)

Garrick Memorial School Owner Slumps, Dies After Gov. Obaseki Action / Narrate The Most Dangerous Thing You Did In Secondary School / Crazy Things You Did While Single On Campus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by DibuOjerinde(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2017
*EDO STATE GOVERNMENT* versus *UNIBEN STUDENTS*

Composed and presented by *THE STUDENTS UNION GOVERNMENT*, UNIVERSITY OF BENIN.

*A CALL FOR JUSTICE*
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

In a society as vast and endowed like Nigeria, it is painful that we still struggle and agitate before we can get the dividends of democracy. A system of government by the people especially by the majority. A system of government were the Supreme power rest on the people.

But what is the hope of the common man when the man with the mandate turns out to be the oppressor of the masses.

WHAT HAVE UNIBEN STUDENTS DONE TO DESERVE THIS?

It is indeed good to pay tax to any constituted authority but what is the way forward for university of Benin students when the much reverend tax and harmonised tax turns out to be an act of exploitation?

On August 24th, 2017, the STUDENTS UNION GOVERNMENT had a meeting with the Deputy governor Rt hon Phillip Shaibu as regard the new harmonised levies and taxes pegged at 200 Naira daily which was expected to be paid to officials of Oredo local government council. The Deputy state governor declared publicly before pressmen and women that he will lead a protest along side the Students Union government should the shuttle bus drivers decide to increase their shuttle fare from Uniben to Ringroad and New benin as a result of the new levy(N200) which was N50 under the previous governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole. (See Vanguard newspaper, 25th August 2017 as proof of this claim).

The Students Union government executives left the state house reaching an agreement with the state government that the only levy to be paid, is N200 to Oredo local government and not Akhugbe Ventures.

To our surprise, the state government as at today, October 7th 2017, increased the levy to N800 disrespecting our initial agreement and Egor local government now charge N200, Ovia North East N200 making everything N1,200 from the University shuttle buses.

WHAT KIND OF EXPLOITATION IS THIS?
WHERE IS THE DIVIDEND OF DEMOCRACY?
WHO IS ROBBING WHO?
WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR NIGERIA STUDENTS IN EDO STATE?

This demonic levy made the University shuttle drivers to increase their fare from N50 to N70 today because they have families to feed.

After putting a call across to the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, he told the Students Union government to go to hell that the University did not support his governorship ambition.

JUST IMAGINE!!!!!!

The students Union government as at this minute have exhaust all form of dialogue.

We will not stand and watch our students suffer. Our civil servants parents have not been paid their salaries, pensioners now feed from hand to mouth and to make things worse, there have not been increase in the minimum wage and the government is increasing levies and they are not even concerned about the welfare and plight of the youths who they claim are the future leaders of Nigeria.

In conclusion, the Students Union government, University of Benin call on UNIBEN STUDENTS, ACTIVISTS, COMRADES AND YOUTHS to be prepared for............ Since the state government have push us to the wall, it is now officially the EDO STATE GOVERNMENT versus UNIBEN STUDENTS.

LET THE DANCE BEGIN.
cc; Fynestboi , olawalebabs , Richiez

1 Like

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by thesicilian: 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
Not surprising. His predecessor who vigorously campaigned for him once also told a widow to go and die.

4 Likes

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by zionmade(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
As a full blooded Card carrying member of the APC all i can say is SAI APC SAI BUHARI (PBUH) SAI CHANJI SAI Obaseki

1 Like

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by DRPAIT123(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
Where tear gas deh,and baton plenty....na u go suffer,better go back and settle amicably before they proscribe una as terrorist organization

1 Like

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by CuriousX: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
N1200 daily is high. i wonder if this is true angry
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by PhilipGallagher(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
Na to block ugbowo express remain.

1 Like

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by dionflex: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
Just Came to book space here .

In case It reaches FP
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by bedspread: 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
LET THE DANCE BEGIN
I TRUST STUDENTS TO DANCE PASS SOLDERS....
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
1200 is totally outrageous...... Na to protest remain angry
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by daveP(m): 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hell excursion must be memorable for Oshiomole and Obaseki. Both of them and mentions of hell are like 5&6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
#1200 is way too much na.
Benins are always unlucky to having a good Governor.
From oshiomole to Obaseki....
This is a call to Action, SUG should level up jaree
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by muller101(m): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
Adams. Go and die
Obaseki. Go to hell.
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by dannytoe(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
PhilipGallagher:
you want python dance abi
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by Estellar: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
muller101:
Adams. Go and die
Obaseki. Go to hell.
cheesy
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by dannytoe(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by 11Anonymous(m): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Between Obaseki and Buhari who better pass? undecided
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by frankomale1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Say NO to exploitation
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by Scholar212(m): 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
Let The State govt wait until over 50,000 uniben students resume in November and we will have a repeat of what happened after the Death of Rita..this time we will occupy Govt house

1 Like

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by Mission2prosper: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
I ready for anything cool
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by Omonoba1: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by yungest(m): 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
OK
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by aieo(m): 12:29am On Oct 09, 2017
i just hope this current SUG govt is capable of motivating students to stage a protest against this act, blocking ugbowo road will go a long way grin
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 09, 2017
Scholar212:
Let The State govt wait until over 50,000 uniben students resume in November and we will have a repeat of what happened after the Death of Rita..this time we will occupy Govt house
mehn Rita Halim Awele.
You brought back sad memories.
R.I.P Rita
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by MrGreenMavro: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2017
I dy like ALUTA that year wen I dy UNIBEN!

operation #ALUTASMILE
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by KingTom(m): 7:43am On Oct 09, 2017
CuriousX:
N1200 daily is high. i wonder if this is true angry
13ShadesOfMay:
#1200 is way too much na.

Benins are always unlucky to having a good Governor.

From oshiomole to Obaseki....

This is a call to Action, SUG should level up jaree
Epas Abeg make una no vex, na 200 me I see Abeg where Una see 1200?
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by SamsonJohn743(m): 7:49am On Oct 09, 2017
Scholar212:
Exactly. they should wait for us to resume first...they never see anything
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by CuriousX: 7:51am On Oct 09, 2017
KingTom:

Epas Abeg make una no vex, na 200 me I see Abeg where Una see 1200?

Read the write up again slowly. You will see it cool
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by KingTom(m): 7:53am On Oct 09, 2017
CuriousX:

Read the write up again slowly. You will see it cool
Ok I've seen it thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by free2ryhme: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2017
PhilipGallagher:

You go come out come block the express

No talk wetin you no fit do ooo
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by olajazz(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2017
Na to block ugbowo-Lagos road remain na,e nor dy hard us do oo grin grin.

You talk to us,everybody suffer am oo grin cheesy cheesy
Re: "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben by Scholar212(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2017
free2ryhme:

You go come out come block the express

No talk wetin you no fit do ooo
It has been done before, infact I was playing ball while my crazy coursemates was jacking seriously on the road, some cooking beans. No movement from Uwasota junction to UNIBEN...total shutdown of the road

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Know Your JAMB Examination Center And Date For 2018 UTME / List Of HND Courses In Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro / Kaduna State University offers new courses into the Faculty of Allied Sciences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.