Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Renal Failure.. Know The Signs And Symptoms - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Renal Failure.. Know The Signs And Symptoms (1357 Views)

10 Things To Know On Signs And Symptoms Of Endometriosis / Renal Failure: A Silent Killer / Lagos Cardiac Renal Facilities Pack Up(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Renal Failure.. Know The Signs And Symptoms by myinvest: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
An increasing number of people are now being diagnosed with Kidney Disease. Please check out the below to know the symptoms, an earlier diagnosis might help you change some damaging action you are taking and might prolong your kidney for longer.

Symptom 1: Changes in Urination

Kidneys make urine, so when the kidneys are failing, the urine may change. How?

You may have to get up at night to urinate.
Urine may be foamy or bubbly.
You may urinate more often, or in greater amounts than usual, with pale urine.
You may urinate less often, or in smaller amounts than usual, with dark-colored urine.
Your urine may contain blood.
You may feel pressure or have difficulty urinating.
What patients said:

"When you go to use the restroom, you couldn't get it all out. And it would still feel just like tightness down there, there was so much pressure."

"My urine is what I had started noticing. Then I was frequently going to the bathroom, and when I got there, nothing's happening. You think, 'Hey, I've got to go to the john,' and you get there: 2, 3 drops."

"I was passing blood in my urine. It was so dark it looked like grape Kool-Aid. And when I went to the hospital they thought I was lying about what color it was."

Symptom 2: Swelling

Failing kidneys don't remove extra fluid, which builds up in your body causing swelling in the legs, ankles, feet, face, and/or hands.

What patients said:

"I remember a lot of swelling in my ankles. My ankles were so big I couldn't get my shoes on."

"My sister, her hair started to fall out, she was losing weight, but her face was really puffy, you know, and everything like that, before she found out what was going on with her."

"Going to work one morning, my left ankle was swollen, real swollen, and I was very exhausted just walking to the bus stop. And I knew then that I had to see a doctor."

Symptom 3: Fatigue

Healthy kidneys make a hormone called erythropoietin (a-rith'-ro-po'-uh-tin), or EPO, that tells your body to make oxygen-carrying red blood cells. As the kidneys fail, they make less EPO. With fewer red blood cells to carry oxygen, your muscles and brain tire very quickly. This is anemia, and it can be treated.

What patients said:

"I was constantly exhausted and didn't have any pep or anything."

"I would sleep a lot. I'd come home from work and get right in that bed."

"It's just like when you're extremely tired all the time. Fatigued, and you're just drained, even if you didn't do anything, just totally drained."

Symptom 4: Skin Rash/Itching

Kidneys remove wastes from the bloodstream. When the kidneys fail, the build-up of wastes in your blood can cause severe itching.

What patients said:

"It's not really a skin itch or anything, it's just right down to the bone. I had to get a brush and dig. My back was just bloody from scratching it so much."

"My skin had broke out, I was itching and scratching a lot."

Symptom 5: Metallic Taste in Mouth/Ammonia Breath

A build-up of wastes in the blood (called uremia) can make food taste different and cause bad breath. You may also notice that you stop liking to eat meat, or that you are losing weight because you just don't feel like eating.

What patients said:

"Foul taste in your mouth. Almost like you're drinking iron."

"You don't have the appetite you used to have."

"Before I started dialysis, I must have lost around about 10 pounds."

Symptom 6: Nausea and Vomiting

A severe build-up of wastes in the blood (uremia) can also cause nausea and vomiting. Loss of appetite can lead to weight loss.

What patients said:

"I had a lot of itching, and I was nauseated, throwing up all the time. I couldn't keep anything down in my stomach."

"When I got the nausea, I couldn't eat and I had a hard time taking my blood pressure pills."

Symptom 7: Shortness of Breath

Trouble catching your breath can be related to the kidneys in two ways. First, extra fluid in the body can build up in the lungs. And second, anemia (a shortage of oxygen-carrying red blood cells) can leave your body oxygen-starved and short of breath.

What patients said:

"At the times when I get the shortness of breath, it's alarming to me. It just fears me. I think maybe I might fall or something so I usually go sit down for awhile."

"I couldn't sleep at night. I couldn't catch my breath, like I was drowning or something. And, the bloating, can't breathe, can't walk anywhere. It was bad."

"You go up a set of stairs and you're out of breath, or you do work and you get tired and you have to stop."

Symptom 8: Feeling Cold

Anemia can make you feel cold all the time, even in a warm room.

What patients said:

"I notice sometimes I get really cold, I get chills."

"Sometimes I get really, really cold. It could be hot, and I'd be cold."

Symptom 9: Dizziness and Trouble Concentrating

Anemia related to kidney failure means that your brain is not getting enough oxygen. This can lead to memory problems, trouble with concentration, and dizziness.

What patients said:

"I know I mentioned to my wife that my memory—I couldn't remember what I did last week, or maybe what I had 2 days ago. I couldn't really concentrate, because I like to work crossword puzzles and read a lot."

"I was always tired and dizzy."

"It got to the point, like, I used to be at work, and all of the sudden I'd start getting dizzy. So I was thinking maybe it was my blood pressure or else diabetes was going bad. That's what was on my mind."

Symptom 10: Leg/Flank Pain

The most common causes of CKD do not cause any pain. And, much of the pain that is near the kidneys is not caused by a kidney problem. But some people who have CKD do have pain.

Some people with kidney problems may have pain in the upper back (where the kidneys are) or on the same side as the affected kidney.

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD), which causes large, fluid-filled cysts on the kidneys and sometimes the liver, can cause pain.
Kidney infections and kidney stones can cause severe pain, often in spasms.
Bladder infections can cause burning when you urinate.
People who have medullary sponge kidney say it is painful.
What patients said:

"About 2 years ago, I was constantly going to the bathroom all the time, my back was always hurting and I was wondering why...and they diagnosed that kidney problem."

"And then you're having to get up all time through the night, and then you have the side ache, a backache, and you can't move."

"At night, I would get a pain in my side. It was worse than labor pain. And I'd be crying and my husband would get up, everybody, rubbing my legs."

Source: http://lifeoptions.org/kidneyinfo/ckdinfo.php?page=3

Don't forget this are symptoms and not a diagnosis for you, don't fret if you experience any of the above.. visit your doctor for the correct diagnosis.

To help someone in need of financial support for a kidney transplant, please visit https://donate-ng.com/project/104.

Your little help can save a life.
Re: Renal Failure.. Know The Signs And Symptoms by Princeakin4u: 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
YOUR KIDNEY DESERVES THE BEST
Barely some months ago, we all received the news of the demise of the Nigerian actor as a result of same kidney disease. I want to show you how to avert this menace of kidney disease. Very easy and effective. And don't forget that I copied it. So feel free to share, copy and disseminate. SO HERE ARE THE TOP 6 CAUSE OF KIDNEY DISEASE:
1. Delaying going to a toilet Keeping your urine in your bladder for too long is a bad idea. A full bladder can cause bladder damage. The urine that stays in the bladder multiplies bacteria quickly. Once the urine refluxes back to the ureter and kidneys, the toxic substances can result in kidney infections, then urinary tract infections, and then nephritis, and even uremia. When nature calls – do it as soon as possible.
2. Eating too much salt,You should eat no more than v5.8 grams of salt daily.
3. Eating too much meat. Too much protein in your diet is harmful for your kidneys. Protein digestion produces ammonia – a toxin that is very destructive to your kidneys. More meat equals more kidney damage.
4. Drinking too much caffeine Caffeine is a component of many sodas and soft drinks. It raises your blood pressure and your kidneys start suffering. So you should cut down the amount of coke you drink daily.
5. Not drinking water. Our kidneys should be hydrated properly to perform their functions well. If we don’t drink enough, the toxins can start accumulating in the blood, as there isn’t enough fluid to drain them through the kidneys. Drink more than 10 glasses of water daily. There is an easy way to check if you are drinking enough water: look at the colour of your urine; the lighter the colour, the better.
6. Late treatment . Treat all your health problems properly and have your health checked regularly. Let's help ourselves...God will protect you and your family from every disease this year! Amen
Please share, I know u care

The solution is
Kidney Cleanse & Function Tea
Highlights:
• Supports and maintains sound kidney health.
• Treats early symptoms of mild urinary tract infections such as burning sensation during urination and/or frequent urination.
• Stinging nettle, uva-ursi, and parsley are natural diuretics.
• This formula has natural cleansing properties.
• Tastes great hot or cold.
Bell Kidney Cleanse & Function Tea (Product #76) is a special herbal formula designed to support kidney health. With a blend of herbs including Bermuda grass, uva-ursi, lavender, stinging nettle, parsley, astragalus and marshmallow, you can be sure that this state of the art formulation will meet your goals. This herbal tea has natural cleansing properties and tastes great hot or cold! Be a dedicated Kidney Cleanse & Function teetotaler! Here is some brief information on a few of the herbs in the tea:

Bell products will take care of ………………….
The products have been of great help to all serious medical challenges. Read more of various testimonies with their phone numbers of those who have been benefited from ………..

15 years ago, I started having arthritis, prostate, kidney, snoring and sleep problems.
All were helped quickly with natural health products with no dide effects. I made it my life’s purpose to help others.
This is what happened to me personally after suffering for years. I spent $2,000 on pills, creams, physiotherapy, acupuncture, magnetic devices etc. No relief until I took specially processed shark cartilage for two weeks and all pain was gone.
It’s rewarding to be useful to your own family. It’s still more rewarding to contribute to society and serve a cause greater than yourself. There can be no greater satisfaction than when men and women write that after suffering for many years with chronic diseases, they were amazed about the quick relief they had with Bell natural health products. I feel grateful to have opportunity to help others and give purpose to my life. Chronic diseases account for half of all personal health expenses and tax payers’ money spent by government on health matters. Late in life at 65, I discovered that natural health products could help me passionally to overcome health problems I suffered with every day for over 10 years without getting relief with synthetic drugs. My own health problems gave me the insight and put me into this position to help other people everywhere in North America and around the world.

We are proud to have helped hundreds of thousands of men and women to restore their quality of life since 1996
What makes Bell products different from many others in the market is the fact that we give an extremely high satisfaction rate and A Must Help or Money Refunded guarantee on most of our products. Nick A Jerch (President Bell Lifestyle Canada Incorporated) A professor in medicine based in Canada who had about six terminal ailments (diabetes, kidney problem, hypertension, over weight, prostrate disorders, arthritis, his manhood gone) before he discovered Bell products many years ago. …….

“For the past 50 years I have been demonstrating that the use of natural nutritional treatment is and must be the most effective form of medicine and that when it is not used and the profession depends solely on the use of toxic drugs the results are abysmal” Dr Abram Hoffer, MD PhD FRCP ©

As a Company, our commitment is to provide you with the best satisfying and financially rewarding Service. As a Doctorate Research Pharmacist with over 30 years of experience, I have come to the conclusion that for Chronic Disease, the use of Natural Nutritional. Supplement is the most effective medicine with minimal or no side effects compared to toxic convectional drugs. (Managing Director and CEO, Bell Lifestyle Nigeria Limited Dr. Theo Anucha, BPharm, PhD, MPSN

Bell products will take care of ………………….
The products have been of great help to all serious medical challenges. Read more of various testimonies with their phone numbers of those who have been benefited from ………..
Everyday, we receive amazing testimonials about our product efficacy. Testimonies stream in from Doctors, Pharmacists, other health Personnels, distributors, and in fact from everyone! All forms of chronic ailments bow at the feet of Bell Lifestyle products. Hundreds of Thousands of people have been helped!

To order call Akin now +2348051400850 +2347031998888 or
08051400850 07031998888

For more information, visit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZ2hSToNNZ-ZXhTU3hySThUQlE/view?usp=sharing
or <a href=”http://bellwellness.blog.com/”> ATEXT TO

myinvest:
An increasing number of people are now being diagnosed with Kidney Disease. Please check out the below to know the symptoms, an earlier diagnosis might help you change some damaging action you are taking and might prolong your kidney for longer.

Symptom 1: Changes in Urination

Kidneys make urine, so when the kidneys are failing, the urine may change. How?

You may have to get up at night to urinate.
Urine may be foamy or bubbly.
You may urinate more often, or in greater amounts than usual, with pale urine.
You may urinate less often, or in smaller amounts than usual, with dark-colored urine.
Your urine may contain blood.
You may feel pressure or have difficulty urinating.
What patients said:

"When you go to use the restroom, you couldn't get it all out. And it would still feel just like tightness down there, there was so much pressure."

"My urine is what I had started noticing. Then I was frequently going to the bathroom, and when I got there, nothing's happening. You think, 'Hey, I've got to go to the john,' and you get there: 2, 3 drops."

"I was passing blood in my urine. It was so dark it looked like grape Kool-Aid. And when I went to the hospital they thought I was lying about what color it was."

Symptom 2: Swelling

Failing kidneys don't remove extra fluid, which builds up in your body causing swelling in the legs, ankles, feet, face, and/or hands.

What patients said:

"I remember a lot of swelling in my ankles. My ankles were so big I couldn't get my shoes on."

"My sister, her hair started to fall out, she was losing weight, but her face was really puffy, you know, and everything like that, before she found out what was going on with her."

"Going to work one morning, my left ankle was swollen, real swollen, and I was very exhausted just walking to the bus stop. And I knew then that I had to see a doctor."

Symptom 3: Fatigue

Healthy kidneys make a hormone called erythropoietin (a-rith'-ro-po'-uh-tin), or EPO, that tells your body to make oxygen-carrying red blood cells. As the kidneys fail, they make less EPO. With fewer red blood cells to carry oxygen, your muscles and brain tire very quickly. This is anemia, and it can be treated.

What patients said:

"I was constantly exhausted and didn't have any pep or anything."

"I would sleep a lot. I'd come home from work and get right in that bed."

"It's just like when you're extremely tired all the time. Fatigued, and you're just drained, even if you didn't do anything, just totally drained."

Symptom 4: Skin Rash/Itching

Kidneys remove wastes from the bloodstream. When the kidneys fail, the build-up of wastes in your blood can cause severe itching.

What patients said:

"It's not really a skin itch or anything, it's just right down to the bone. I had to get a brush and dig. My back was just bloody from scratching it so much."

"My skin had broke out, I was itching and scratching a lot."

Symptom 5: Metallic Taste in Mouth/Ammonia Breath

A build-up of wastes in the blood (called uremia) can make food taste different and cause bad breath. You may also notice that you stop liking to eat meat, or that you are losing weight because you just don't feel like eating.

What patients said:

"Foul taste in your mouth. Almost like you're drinking iron."

"You don't have the appetite you used to have."

"Before I started dialysis, I must have lost around about 10 pounds."

Symptom 6: Nausea and Vomiting

A severe build-up of wastes in the blood (uremia) can also cause nausea and vomiting. Loss of appetite can lead to weight loss.

What patients said:

"I had a lot of itching, and I was nauseated, throwing up all the time. I couldn't keep anything down in my stomach."

"When I got the nausea, I couldn't eat and I had a hard time taking my blood pressure pills."

Symptom 7: Shortness of Breath

Trouble catching your breath can be related to the kidneys in two ways. First, extra fluid in the body can build up in the lungs. And second, anemia (a shortage of oxygen-carrying red blood cells) can leave your body oxygen-starved and short of breath.

What patients said:

"At the times when I get the shortness of breath, it's alarming to me. It just fears me. I think maybe I might fall or something so I usually go sit down for awhile."

"I couldn't sleep at night. I couldn't catch my breath, like I was drowning or something. And, the bloating, can't breathe, can't walk anywhere. It was bad."

"You go up a set of stairs and you're out of breath, or you do work and you get tired and you have to stop."

Symptom 8: Feeling Cold

Anemia can make you feel cold all the time, even in a warm room.

What patients said:

"I notice sometimes I get really cold, I get chills."

"Sometimes I get really, really cold. It could be hot, and I'd be cold."

Symptom 9: Dizziness and Trouble Concentrating

Anemia related to kidney failure means that your brain is not getting enough oxygen. This can lead to memory problems, trouble with concentration, and dizziness.

What patients said:

"I know I mentioned to my wife that my memory—I couldn't remember what I did last week, or maybe what I had 2 days ago. I couldn't really concentrate, because I like to work crossword puzzles and read a lot."

"I was always tired and dizzy."

"It got to the point, like, I used to be at work, and all of the sudden I'd start getting dizzy. So I was thinking maybe it was my blood pressure or else diabetes was going bad. That's what was on my mind."

Symptom 10: Leg/Flank Pain

The most common causes of CKD do not cause any pain. And, much of the pain that is near the kidneys is not caused by a kidney problem. But some people who have CKD do have pain.

Some people with kidney problems may have pain in the upper back (where the kidneys are) or on the same side as the affected kidney.

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD), which causes large, fluid-filled cysts on the kidneys and sometimes the liver, can cause pain.
Kidney infections and kidney stones can cause severe pain, often in spasms.
Bladder infections can cause burning when you urinate.
People who have medullary sponge kidney say it is painful.
What patients said:

"About 2 years ago, I was constantly going to the bathroom all the time, my back was always hurting and I was wondering why...and they diagnosed that kidney problem."

"And then you're having to get up all time through the night, and then you have the side ache, a backache, and you can't move."

"At night, I would get a pain in my side. It was worse than labor pain. And I'd be crying and my husband would get up, everybody, rubbing my legs."

Source: http://lifeoptions.org/kidneyinfo/ckdinfo.php?page=3

Don't forget this are symptoms and not a diagnosis for you, don't fret if you experience any of the above.. visit your doctor for the correct diagnosis.

To help someone in need of financial support for a kidney transplant, please visit https://donate-ng.com/project/104.

Your little help can save a life.

(1) (Reply)

Eight Signs That Show You Are Not Drinking Enough Water / Pretty Model Cries For Help After Being A Victim Of Gas Explosion.Graphic Photos / How To Get A Flat Tummy After C-section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.