Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Michelle Obama On The Cover Of Seventeen Magazine With Gemma Busoni & Zaniya Lew - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Michelle Obama On The Cover Of Seventeen Magazine With Gemma Busoni & Zaniya Lew (887 Views)

The Moment On Inauguration Day Everyone Realized Michelle Obama Is A Man / Emir Sanusi Covers Thisday Style Magazine / Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Michelle Obama On The Cover Of Seventeen Magazine With Gemma Busoni & Zaniya Lew by Yungkida(m): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
First lady of the United States of America; Michelle Obama covers the latest edition of teenage magazine, Seventeen and rocking an Antonio Berardi dress, she shares the cover with the Better Make Room campaign essay winners Gemma Busoni and Zaniya Lewis.

In this issue Mrs. Obama talks about being The First Lady, her advice for her daughters and how she lets her haters motivate her.

Read excerpts of the interview below…
First thing’s first: don’t sweat if you don’t know what you want to be when you grow up.

“I always tell people, the question of what you want to be when you grow up is one that you will eternally be answering. I’m still asking myself that question!” Mrs. Obama says. “What am I going to do when I leave here? How do I want to impact the world? I’ve gotten used to the fact that I don’t have to know. I’m always going to be discovering new parts of myself, and you’ll find that you will be too.”

Not everybody supported her ambitions

“…When it was time for me to apply to colleges there were some counselors who said, ‘Maybe, with Princeton, you’re reaching a little high,’” she recalls. “And I thought, ‘You really don’t think I can do it?’ But here’s what I did: I decided to ignore the doubters. I plunged ahead and I got in. I went on to Harvard Law School and every step of the way I used those doubting voices as motivation.”

On picking the right college

“The one thing I’ve been telling my daughters is that I don’t want them to choose a name,” she says. “I don’t want them to think, ‘Oh I should go to these top schools.’ We live in a country where there are thousands of amazing universities. So, the question is: What’s going to work for you?”

Source: http://socialspy.ng/2016/04/15/michelle-obama-on-the-cover-of-seventeen-magazine-with-gemma-busoni-zaniya-lewis/

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Of To Much Brown Roof In The South West / SAD! Multi-millionaire Eze Ndigbo Dies Two Months After Being Crowned (photo) / Endtime: See The Very Strange Banner That Was Found In Port Harcourt PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.