Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? (2324 Views)

The King Is Dead.(glo NG) / Why Does Glo Data Network Disappears Every Weekend / Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sanchez01: 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
It is no longer a secret that GLO has the cheapest data around for now. Perhaps telecommunication company feels it is too cheap for Nigerians to be serviced as expected. I mostly subscribe to the 4.5gb or 6gb which goes for N2500 and N3000 respectively on my Android device and sometimes share via hotspot with my PC. However, what I have come to notice is that my internet-ready indicator (or whatever it is called) would stay on for days if I don't subscribe, but disappears and become erratic the moment I subscribe to any of the two plans aforementioned.

Surfing the net and doing some other things are becoming frustrating. Worst of all, I play an online game using my data and GLO is indeed doing their best to make sure I don't do anything with my data. At first, I thought this was some speed throttling tactics but after studying it for months, I guess it's their way of saying "it's too cheap for you to enjoy every time."

This is fast becoming weird and how they do it, I don't understand. Anyone with a similar experience please share. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by khalhokage(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Change your APN, I've noticed that gloflat is always erratic, switch to or create glosecure or glodirect for a more stable connection.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by 0luwasean(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Awoof dey run belle!
Simple as that!!!

Apart from creating employment, Glo is useless to a fault!
Awful network ; bad customer care (services)... that's enough to thrown one's sim away!!!

5 Likes

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by boman2014: 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
khalhokage:
Change your APN, I've noticed that gloflat is always erratic, switch to or create glosecure or glodirect for a more stable connection.

you're right
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sanchez01: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
0luwasean:
Awoof dey run belle!
Simple as that!!!

Apart from creating employment, Glo is useless to a fault!
Awful network ; bad customer care (services)... that's enough to thrown one's sim away!!!
Where's the awoof here? It's not a crime to "legally" subscribe to a network's data service just because it is cheap.

1 Like

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sanchez01: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
khalhokage:
Never heard of this before. Would give it a try right away.
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sanchez01: 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2016
khalhokage, I discovered I have always been using 'glosecure' as my APN. I tried changing from it to 'glodirect' just now, only to discover that I'm being charged directly from my airtime instead of using my data. In less than a minute, my airtime has been depleted, luckily I didn't have too much airtime on the phone. I may upload a screenshot soon to prove this. I have reverted to 'glosecure' though.

1 Like

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sistem007(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
When glo wants to frustrate u, u will know Buhari is still a learner.

1 Like

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by donholy28(m): 10:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
if i subscribe glo data plan for like 2 weeks 3g data no go turn on...me sef don relegate their sim to my Nokia torch
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Nbote(m): 11:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sanchez01:
khalhokage, I discovered I have always been using 'glosecure' as my APN. I tried changing from it to 'glodirect' just now, only to discover that I'm being charged directly from my airtime instead of using my data. In less than a minute, my airtime has been depleted, luckily I didn't have too much airtime on the phone. I may upload a screenshot soon to prove this. I have reverted to 'glosecure' though.

Try using gloflat....
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by benjaminben(m): 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
This how it goes, go to ur phone settings APN_ glosecure USERNAME_gprs PASSWORD_gprs Then click save, and tick d green dot on that ur GLOsecure. After that send PAYU to 127. And ur good to go.

Another alternative, APN_gloflat USERNAME_gprs or flat PASSWORD_gprs or flat Click save and enjoy ur browsing. Hope it works?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Elxandre(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2016
No matter how patient you are, you'll eventually dump your Glo sim. grin

I'm back to Airtel after I could only use 600mb from a 1.5gb Glo monthly sub.
I realised I was exerting too much energy trying to get Glo to connect every single day since the past 4 months. I just had to flee. smiley

The Airtel 1gb I did is already past half after just 6 days. The speed is making me misuse it.

Flee from Glo! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by samueldo4life(m): 5:07am On Apr 16, 2016
khalhokage:
thanks bro
almost got frustrated on glo network
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by khalhokage(m): 5:15am On Apr 16, 2016
benjaminben:
This how it goes, go to ur phone settings
APN_ glosecure
USERNAME_gprs
PASSWORD_gprs
Then click save, and tick d green dot on that ur GLOsecure.
After that send PAYU to 127. And ur good to go.

Another alternative,
APN_gloflat
USERNAME_gprs or flat
PASSWORD_gprs or flat
Click save and enjoy ur browsing.
Hope it works?

Why would you advice someone to send PAYU? That's pay as you use meaning they'll be charged from their credit not data plan.
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by donhils: 6:55am On Apr 16, 2016
khalhokage:
What if you're on glosecure or glodirect and yet it happens?
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sanchez01: 7:01am On Apr 16, 2016
Nbote:

Try using gloflat....
Gloflat is a no go area. I tried overnight and it was sheer horror.
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sanchez01: 7:04am On Apr 16, 2016
benjaminben:
This how it goes, go to ur phone settings
APN_ glosecure
USERNAME_gprs
PASSWORD_gprs
Then click save, and tick d green dot on that ur GLOsecure.
After that send PAYU to 127. And ur good to go.

Another alternative,
APN_gloflat
USERNAME_gprs or flat
PASSWORD_gprs or flat
Click save and enjoy ur browsing.
Hope it works?
I'm sure you didn't understand all you typed because if you did, you'd understand that 'PAYU' would charge directly from your airtime and sending PAYU to 127 means I'm asking that my data subscription be cancelled and would prefer to be charged via airtime, which is about N51 per MB.
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Vicben(m): 7:07am On Apr 16, 2016
The speed and reliability of Glo mobile Internet is greatly dependent on user location. Like where I am right now, glo is the most stable now and it's the one I'm using presently to make this post and it's on 3g.

Although, there are times that it fluctuate but it's not that much.

The annoying thing is, even in this town, the stability does not cover it all. I visited a friend on the other side of the city and couldn't do anything all night. Even nairaland of all could not be loaded in 1min and it kept fluctuating and my phone was just getting hotter like hell and draining my power so fast in this powerless times ehn...

Glo really needs to do something ASAP about its network across all cities, towns and villages.
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by ewizard1: 7:12am On Apr 16, 2016
You can imagine! N51 per MB grin

These Network providers no get joy at all. grin grin grin
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 16, 2016
Glo's speed (BIS on Android at least) is seriously throttled. Only appreciably fast between 12-3am. Not worth the frustration jare

Etisalat speed fast die. No throttling at all...but very expensive at 1gb for 1k. They should launch 5gb for 2,500 at least.

2 Likes

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by khalhokage(m): 7:38am On Apr 16, 2016
donhils:
What if you're on glosecure or glodirect and yet it happens?
I don't know man, this is just my own experience.
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by sholey4love: 9:41am On Apr 16, 2016
Sanchez01:
It is no longer a secret that GLO has the cheapest data around for now. Perhaps telecommunication company feels it is too cheap for Nigerians to be serviced as expected. I mostly subscribe to the 4.5gb or 6gb which goes for N2500 and N3000 respectively on my Android device and sometimes share via hotspot with my PC. However, what I have come to notice is that my internet-ready indicator (or whatever it is called) would stay on for days if I don't subscribe, but disappears and become erratic the moment I subscribe to any of the two plans aforementioned.

Surfing the net and doing some other things are becoming frustrating. Worst of all, I play an online game using my data and GLO is indeed doing their best to make sure I don't do anything with my data. At first, I thought this was some speed throttling tactics but after studying it for months, I guess it's their way of saying "it's too cheap for you to enjoy every time."

This is fast becoming weird and how they do it, I don't understand. Anyone with a similar experience please share. Thanks.

Pls what kind of online game do u play
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by hedonistic: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2016
Elxandre:
No matter how patient you are, you'll eventually dump your Glo sim. grin

Flee from Glo! tongue

Confirmed. Lol. I used glo for many years (since 2004 or so), and was suffering in silence because I could not change my precious number that many contacts associate me with....

Until porting was introduced and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. I have since ported first to Airtel, ad then ultimately to Etisalat. No regrets.

Very useless, good for nothing glo.

1 Like

Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Chrisx1x(m): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2016
Remember having 300mb bonus on my line and how i laboured to load nairaland page.i couldnt exhaust even 1mb from the 300 mb.i even woke up at mid night all in a bid to see if the download something all to no avail.glo is a disaster when it comes to browsing
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by Sanchez01: 11:21am On Apr 16, 2016
sholey4love:

Pls what kind of online game do u play
Crime Coast. It's terribly addictive.
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by benjaminben(m): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2016
khalhokage:

Why would you advice someone to send PAYU? That's pay as you use meaning they'll be charged from their credit not data plan.
Bro I have no airtime on my phone now, only my MB
Re: Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? by okooloyun1(m): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2016
I think I'm the only one experiencing this, I subscribed for Glo 1.5gig for 1k I was able to use 800mb with stress and frustration and this is not the first time it has always been like that despite the fact that glo mast is very close to me. I'm going back to etisalat it may be expensive but it is fast and reliable.

(1) (Reply)

5 Weird Smartphones You’ve Probably Never Heard Of / Can Romoss Powerbank Be Repaired? / Jumia Mobile Week Is Such A Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.