Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,236 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband (2225 Views)

Omotola Jalade-ekeinde Hosts Dangote, Otedola, Donald Duke, Others (photos) / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde & Husband Step Out In Style For "Alter Ego" Premiere / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Dances With Students Of Mary Gold College (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by sirchikero: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2016
The fact is in this part of the world the #man and #husband is seen as the member of the #family unit who must be served and pampered. He is the king of his kingdom and everybody in that kingdom is there for me. They bear his name and exist to keep his name alive. Anything contrary to this is seen as abnormal.
Matthew-Ekeinde

Due to these, he is expected to be the breadwinner of the family. That’s why when a lady brings a man home to introduce to her parents; they go ‘what does he do for a living?’. On the part of the guy, if he takes a lady who is richer than him some parents frown at it. ‘She will want to control you’ they would say.

In Africa, there are expectations for #marriage and anything contrary to this is not acceptable. I remember that when I wanted to marry my #wife I was broke! I didn’t have much except a room and a job that wasn’t paying well. She wanted to marry me but most of her family members vehemtly frowned at it. We pushed on, today we are very much more confortable than we started… Thank God!
Africans believe the man must appear capable to care and provide for his family from day one if he wants to be taken seriously.
omotola and ekeinde

There are new realities and whether we like it or not they are here to stay. A woman can be the breadwinner of a family and heaven won’t even think of falling. As far as she is humble and loving. I know a woman who provides for her family without the kids knowing.

Popular #Nollywood actress , mother of teenagers and wife for 20 years, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde revealed in a controversial interview that due to her #celebrity status she can’t go to the market any more, she went further to say, hear this, ‘my husband goes to the market for me’. OMG! In Africa?
Omotola-Hello-Family-tm-400x230

Trust Nigerians, they took to twitter and flogged #Omosexy for belittling her husband. The truth is Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Genevieve Nnaji etc. can’t just walk into the market and expect to return the same. It is not possible, they would be mobbed. This is what Omotola was trying to say but the twitter trolls’ anger is why would her husband be the one to go to the market for her…..why
Genevieve and omotola

To a very large extent I agree with them. The truth is that the man , #Captain Mathew Ekeinde, by his rise in his career as a Captain and who he is in the society is not a small boy for Christ’s sake. I also agree that Omotola can’t go to the market but I believe the husband is not the one to go in her stead. With their status financially and otherwise I think there should be some one who does such mean works for them.
Matthew-Ekeinde-1

Then if they don’t want such and have agreed that the Captain should squander his dignity and do the market runs, fine but Omotola shouldn’t have said that in an interview. To me she just made him look like her houseboy!Common!

Call me any name you want but that’s the fact! I love Omotola Ekeinde to bits but this is not right. What was she trying to achieve? To tell us her husband can do anything for her? Ok , she should also tell us he washes her underpants so we can clap for her.

Omotola is super famous we all know that but her husband is not also a struggling man. He is also a successful career person.

I believe men must assist their wives but the wives shouldn’t use it to ridicule them…. Haba! Omotola should get house help or hire a cook for Christ’s sake! I really pity the man.

Here are the reasons I don’t envy being in Captain Mathew Ekeinde’s shoes.

READ FULL ARTICLE :http://www.pas360.com/the-real-man/why-i-dont-envy-omotola-jalade-ekeindes-husband/

Written by Pas Chikero
Twitter: @paschikero
Instagram: @paschikero
Facebook : Facebook.com/paschikero

1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by bigfree: 7:47am On Apr 16, 2016
There is double meaning to the reply omotola gave. Some people might see it that she belittled her husband, she some might see it like she portrays her husband as a loving husband and father that can do anything for her.

For me, I don't think her Husband market Goes to the market at all, it's just a case of omotola not being a good liar

4 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2016
hmmm nice writeup bt I couldn't finish reading m sorry

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
The fact that your husband loves you and does everything for you, does not mean it must be told in public. She can even go ahead to say her husband sucks her pvssy, so we can know the man loves her to pieces.

When a wife starts making statements like 'I dont want this African marriage', she is preparing grounds for watering down your status in your own home, sooner or later, she will ask you to come and set the table so you can eat. And it happens.

I dont know why this woman doesnt know how to talk, I notice that about her. Last time she said NYSC should be scrapped. Also said people shouldn't pay taxes. I dont know who the Bleep she thinks she is, cos she is nothing to me. I don't even watch their non-creative movies.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by adorablepepple(f): 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
All this epistle Ontop person husband
Anyway there is wisdom in this write up

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by edwife(f): 9:47am On Apr 16, 2016
Lol how is it anyone business? grin
She also posted pics of her pounding yam for her husband which many "modern" working women will see as taboo. grin

Let her be,they have been able to stay married for 20 years while those whose husbands don't do half of what captain does are long divorced.

To each his own. Do what makes you and your marriage happy.
Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2016
Hmm. And that is how the media destroys another celebrity marriage and later accuse them of not being able to keep marriages...
pple need to learn to mind their businesses.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by Afrok(m): 11:44am On Apr 16, 2016
Una no go face una business? How's another person's family affairs una business? I mean if the husband is not complaining, why complaint for him? I guess if that interview was granted to a non-celebrity and their reply was still the same, would there be public fuse about it?

Abeg plenty men dey this Naija that are doing a lot of things for their wives that they aren't proud of, not to talk of saying them. Am not supporting Omotola for saying that publicly, and then it's not my business.
Re: Why I Don't Envy Omotola Jalade Ekeinde's Husband by 1960chic(f): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Did u not say she has teenage daughters?

So na wetin come be their work? Abi dem do kidnap dem too?

So it is the husband that does not have kidnap value.

Yeye dey smell

(1) (Reply)

'young Old Man' Says He's 54 Not 70...and Not Gay!! / Falz And Simi Are Dating, Forget Chemistry Lets Do The Math! / 18+: Bootilicious Socialite Flaunts Massive Boobs In Support Of Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.