Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) (1292 Views)

"I Left My Money & Bag In A Taxi In Kano, The Muslim Driver Returned Them" / Pictures Of A Taxi Driver With No Legs Spotted In Lagos By A Nairalander / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by broseme: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2016
The term 'taxi driver' is often associated with men and is not considered a job for a woman. But for Ghanaian born Esenam Nyador, that story is for the gods.

The 38 year old mother of two and university graduate is best known by her clients as Miss Taxi. She is currently rounding up her Master’s Degree in Family Resource Management at the College of Basic and Applied Sciences, University of Ghana.

Esenam Nyador with her two kids

According to her, after she completed her first degree, she tried her best to find a job but couldn't secure one. She told herself that she’d rather become a taxi driver than stress over the frustration of having to seek for a job as a university graduate. Speaking to journalists, she said:

“In 2013, I finished my first degree at the University of Ghana. Rather than do the typical thing and send out hundreds of applications in the hope for a job, I decided to start something by myself. I also had a strong entrepreneurial streak. That, paired with a bold personality, made me eager to try out starting something in a traditionally male-dominated industry. Many of my friends accuse me of being a social deviant [laughs]. I chose taxi driving because this is is a very non-traditional thing to do for a woman in Ghana, and I think of my decision as a gender statement. I didn’t mind stepping on a few toes to change the status quo.”

This is not the first time Trezzy Blog has profiled a female taxi driver. Recall last month, we published the strory of Asakpa Aghogho Susan. A lovely female Abuja graduate who studied Accountancy but was unable to secure a job after graduating. Rather than remain idle, Susan decided to turn her personal car into taxi to make ends meet.

If these women can beat the odds and thrive in the face of unemployment - what's your excuse?

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/photos-meet-female-masters-degree.html

Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by broseme: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2016

Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by thesicilian: 7:53am On Apr 16, 2016
I don't see how a 38yr old masters degree holding taxi driver is inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by DesChyko: 7:53am On Apr 16, 2016
The story headline sounded very catchy with the 'Master Degree holder' tag, but according to the article, she doesn't have it yet. How many more adjustments did you make in the story, o ye blogger undecided

1 Like

Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2016
I have always said it that what a man can do..a woman can do far more better...#shikena
Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by DesChyko: 7:56am On Apr 16, 2016
thesicilian:
I don't see how a 38yr old masters degree holding taxi driver is inspiring.

Probably from the angle that you can be what you wanna be, not minding your societal status in life. Something about humility and perseverance.
Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by DesChyko: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2016
BornnAgainChild:
I have always said it that what a man can do..a woman can do far more better...#shikena

That's the plain truth. All you just have to do is to look at the percentage of men who get caught in the act of cheating. The women, I don't know how they do it, but they do it MUCH BETTER. grin
Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2016
DesChyko:

That's the plain truth. All you just have to do is to look at the percentage of men who get caught in the act of cheating. The women, I don't know how they do it, but they do it MUCH BETTER. grin

Kikikikiki...na u know that one ooo grin
Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by thesicilian: 8:18am On Apr 16, 2016
DesChyko:

Probably from the angle that you can be what you wanna be, not minding your societal status in life. Something about humility and perseverance.
That is not what she wanted to be. She only became a taxi driver because she didn't believe she could get a good job, or even set up a good business.
So technically this is just a story of survival, of which everyone has at least one, not an inspirational one.

2 Likes

Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2016
Hmm. Is inspI ring the word?

What's inspiring about a masters -yet to be completed holder not finding a job and resorting to taxi driving to keep up for the mean time?

It's commending that she chooses to not stay idle-but it's not exactly a motivation for youtHS.

1 Like

Re: Inspiring:Meet The Female Masters Degree Holder Who Is A Taxi Driver(photos) by doggedfighter(f): 12:27am On May 21, 2020
She's trying

(1) (Reply)

Freelance Writer's Forum / Vacancies Exist 4 Experienced Professionals/technicians In Offshore Construction / The Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.