Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911955 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 6:48pm On May 06, 2016
ohakskid:
Yh tnx man buh must we certify our application form b4 sending?
Lol..no, just your certificates and transcripts needs authentication. Your Application form do not need to be certified!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 7:40pm On May 06, 2016
ohakskid:
Yh tnx man buh must we certify our application form b4 sending?
yes bro, u need to certfy them before sending. U can do dat for free at German embassies or charged at a high court closest to you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 8:00pm On May 06, 2016
mikky4all:
yes bro, u need to certfy them before sending. U can do dat for free at German embassies or charged at a high court closest to you
Jay is saying only my document dem and you are saying I shuld include applicant form, which wan be d correct one abeg.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Keji74: 8:34pm On May 06, 2016
ohakskid:

Jay is saying only my document dem and you are saying I shuld include applicant form, which wan be d correct one abeg.
You don't need to certify Ur application form. But if you're going to certify at the German embassy, you will need to take it along. That serves as a proof that your certification is towards an application you wanna make to a school in Germany.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Keji74: 8:38pm On May 06, 2016
ohakskid:
Tnx a lot keji74
All Thanks to God
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SAMUELS3(m): 9:52pm On May 06, 2016
Good day great people.

This may help graduates intending to apply to University of Stuggart.

It's stated on their site that;
Applicants must provide proof of their English skills: TOEFL 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 79 (internet-based) or equivalent.
In exceptional cases, a confirmation of English being the language of instruction during the Bachelor's studies can be accepted as equivalent to the above-mentioned TOEFL test. Please see the MIP homepage for a list of countries to which this applies.

On checking their homepage behold, Nigeria is among the list of countries and I was happy I gathered my document with excitement because I didn't want to write IELTS or TOEFL. I was about going to the post office, I just thought of making more enquiries from the coordinator about the program before sending my document.

Our conversation

Good day,

I will like to know if i can apply now for master's programme infrastructure planning‎ for Winter 2017 (self financing) 
I look forward to your reply.
Thank you.

Dear Sir,

there are two possibilities for application to the MIP program:

1. If you want to apply for admission and for a DAAD scholarship, you can send your documents now and they have to reach us in hardcopy by post on 30th of September 2016 at the latest. The admission committe will decide in November and you will be notified by E-Mail on the result. Please note that you need a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience after your Bachelor graduation date in order to apply for a DAAD scholarship.

2. If you want to apply as a self financing student (e.g. in case you have not worked for two years after your bachelor graduation already), you can only apply online after the deadline mentioned above. The online application portal of the University of Stuttgart for our program will be open for all applicants from 1st of December 2016 until 15th of February 2017.You will have to upload your application there in this period, no application by post is possible and all documents have to be uploaded in the online-portal until February 15th, 2017. No documents can be updated after this deadline.  

Please note that we only accept applications including:  
·        a final Bachelor degree certificate,
·        a final and official transcript and
·        a valid TOEFL or IELTS English test result in both cases mentioned above.

Applications will not be evaluated without these three documents. No provisional Bachelor certificates are accepted, you have to have finished the Bachelor studies completely and you have to provide the English test result until the deadline. If you apply as a self financing student, you do not need professional work experience, but it can bei considered as a positive aspect of your application by the admission committee.

Please check our homepage for details on the documents needed.

Best regards,
Elke Schneider

I sent another message.

De‎ar Elke Schneider‎,

Thank you for your reply. I am a prospective applicant from Nigeria with over two years professional experience. Do I need to provide TOEFL or IELTS Englis‎h test result? I also read on your website that no English test is required for some countries in which Nigeria is among (Please see attached).
English was the medium of instruction throughout my high school and bachelor degree program and I also have a certificate that confirmed it. Is this enough for IELTS or TOEFL to be waived for me?

Thank you.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards.
Name withheld

Omo mehn that guy dey reply me sharp sharp

Dear Sir,

the requirement changed for the new session and all applicants will have to provide a TOEFL or IELTS test, the exception will not be valid for the intake 2017 anymore.

Best regards,
Elke Schneider

Another message from the coordinator

Dear Sir,

the following results are the minimum requirement:

TOEFL (min. 550 PBT / 213 CBT   / 79 iBT points), IELTS (Band 6)

The university is also thinking about changing the IELTS Band requirement to 6.5, but I do not know whether this will be valid for the application 2017 already.

Best regards,
Elke Schneider

University of Stuttgart
Master's Program Infrastructure Planning (MIP)
Dipl.-Ing. Elke Schneider
Pfaffenwaldring 7
70569 Stuttgart
Germany

Phone: ++49 (0)711 685 66558
www.mip.uni-stuttgart.de

public office hours: Mo, Tu, Th from 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

I am so sorry for the long post, the long short of it is that you should always make an enquiry before sending document(s) to any school because the information on their website might be outdated.

Sigh... that guy burst my scrotum today ehn.. grin

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 1:37am On May 07, 2016
hello house, please a friend wants to know if someone can certify another set of documents for a particular school and program at the german consulate after he or she had already certified for that same school and program, but along the line discovered a need to rearrange and substitute some of the previous documents that was among those certified. would the person in charge of the certification know that you already certified for that particular school about 2 weeks ago, and question you.
thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 9:08am On May 07, 2016
praiseovie:
hello house, please a friend wants to know if someone can certify another set of documents for a particular school and program at the german consulate after he or she had already certified for that same school and program, but along the line discovered a need to rearrange and substitute some of the previous documents that was among those certified. would the person in charge of the certification know that you already certified for that particular school about 2 weeks ago, and question you.
thanks
I do not think that would be a problem. Records of the schools you have previously certified documents for are likely not kept.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2016
Guys, what is the earliest date I can apply for a visa interview for winter 2016?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bartork(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2016
Nice
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 1:59pm On May 07, 2016
Preferably a month or two months before resumption date
lobito007:
Guys, what is the earliest date I can apply for a visa interview for winter 2016?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Keji74: 2:48pm On May 07, 2016
chinok97:
A month or two? That's too late o. Book now! I remember someone once posted he has been booked for July for interview already
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 3:13pm On May 07, 2016
chinok97:
I think you. Can apply anytime as long as u v gotten an offer and you'v opened a blocked account. We go gada enter TUM dis winter, still dey wait my admission

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 3:14pm On May 07, 2016
chinok97:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 3:15pm On May 07, 2016
lobito007:
I think you. Can apply anytime as long as u v gotten an offer and you'v opened a blocked account. We go gada enter TUM dis winter, still dey wait my admission
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:29pm On May 07, 2016
Bartork:
Well done, I'd say kodus to everyone esp those who have made a lot of stuffs easy for peeps here. Please I have started reading the thread from the first that started up in 2011, but for fear I may not get to see what I want (which would be bad), I have decided to ask a question here so as to fast track getting the required info. Please direct me to the page that:

1. Explains how to fill the long term visa (student).

2. Tells of all the documents one should take to. Student visa interview.

3. Tells if one needs to purchase a flight ticket before the interview.

4. Tells of the questions one going for a student visa should prepare for.

Thanks a lot.

Some one really needs those info.

Justwise
And any other person that can be of help

Thanks

1. Start filling the form first then ask question when you run into trouble.

2. Read part2 from February to about August you will find more than enough information.

3. No.

4. See answer no 2.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bartork(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2016
justwise:

1. Start filling the form first then ask question when you run into trouble.

2. Read part2 from February to about August you will find more than enough information.

3. No.

4. See answer no 2.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aibee01(m): 4:09pm On May 07, 2016
Hello guys..., How is the course/Visa application going.....
For the first time in recent months we are enjoying the Summer Sun here in Kiel.....Das wetter ist shön und warm.... cheesy wink smiley grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 4:16pm On May 07, 2016
please for those of you applying for masters, or already admitted especially university of applied science and technical universities. how do you convert your university number of semesters and your credit to their requested ECTS achieved. most of them keep saying 180 ECTS, 240 ECTS und so weiter.
danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 4:56pm On May 07, 2016
[
Ya write up is informative and educative...nice one...thanks

quote author=lmuhopeful post=44886187]I guess I can speak a little about life in Germany (at least Munich) since I've been here since October. I will make a few headings and speak about them and if anyone wants to know something specific they can ask here and not my inbox so that others will benefit:

1)Education: The study has been fantastic. I'm doing the Geophysics masters at LMU and the professors are very smart. Our math professor at the institute is just 28 years old with his PhD from France. The computing facilities are top notch and the professors have very well cited papers. Examinations are quite tough so you have to brace up when coming here and the grading is also different from Naija. To score a 1.0 here you need 95% and above. In general anything above 2.5 is considered good especially if an institute is doing high quality research.

2) Housing: This is always a big challenge especially for newcomers. Living in the center can be quite expensive but if one is lucky, you can get a cheap place in the center or even if you live out of the center, the U-Bahn and S-Bahn are there to transport you. I advise to check the distance between an apartment and your class before moving in. In any case, read your rental contract before you sign. You are normally allowed to leave an apartment with a 3-month notice. However ensure that your landlord hasn't put any clause that states that you have to stay a minimum number of months. Such a clause is known as "Kündigungsverzicht" which means termination clause. If you are lucky you can also get the Studentenwerk housing; they are cheap, with many students and there's never a dull moment. I suggest that people coming over should bring some extra money in case you have to stay in a youth hostel for a month or so.

3)Transport: The semester ticket covers transport within the city. I don't know if this applies to every single state but here in Bavaria and also in Baden-Wurttemberg it does. It costs us around 150€ and it lasts the whole semester; for example my semester ticket for this semester starts on April 1 and ends by September 30. You can ride all regular forms of transport(bus, train, tram etc) except for high speed trains like the ICE or special purpose buses or trains (you don't need those mostly anyways except you want to travel to another state or country). Also since you may have to buy this ticket once you arrive I suggest you budget some money for this.

4) Student job: It's very possible to get jobs here will studying. I don't know much about hustling but some others on this thread can help with that. However I suggest that once you get here, approach your professors to ask for a HiWi (student assistant) job. The hours are flexible and the pay is fair. Some of my classmates started HiWi's immediately and earned a lot. With a HiWi your can work and learn simultaneously. You can also ask for a job at a bar or as a Au Pair(to take care of a family's kids). In any case my personal suggestion is that don't start to hustle once you get here. The study is very intensive and the gradings are tough so it may be good to focus on the first semester and maybe start to hustle from the holidays. In this case you have to start looking for a job before exam starts so that you can start immediately after exam.

5) People: I've enjoyed every moment here and I look forward to the remaining time. People are mostly nice and are happy to show you the way. Talk to people and be nice and you'll meet many lovely people. If you drink beer then it's a nice way to meet new people. My classmates regularly organise drink nights. If you like clubs you can also enjoy here. There is hardly any violence in the clubs unlike some Naija clubs. I remember a club in Jos where the bouncer almost killed one small guy for reasons no one understood. People smoke a lot of cigarettes too and if you like the plant(erm....weed) wink then you can find dealers here tho it's coded since it's not allowed.

6) Food: I don't really know since I mostly eat bread, spaghetti, dodo, garri and Mensa food. The Mensa is the student canteen and you get the Mensa card to pay for your food. I don't like to cook so I can't tell you much about Naija food. If Cahnellven comes to the thread he can tell you about Naija food. Me, and Eke40seven were at his place to eat Fufu on New Year's grin

7) Babes: There are many tight babes here from various countries. I haven't hit any yet except for making out. If you like to cold approach women then you can get lucky. I remember cold approaching a French girl who was here on vacation but I couldn't log in wink coz she was returning that evening. For the babes on this thread, well, don't worry, guys will approach you(that's our job wink )

cool African people: There are many Africans here in all society levels, from workers to refugees. I visited a refugee camp and I even met Nigerians there and I wondered why there were Igbo and Yoruba refugees but e no konsyn me In general Africans often ignore each other when they walk past themselves but I think this is normal. It is part of a person's security to not smile at every African person you see simply because you are both black. Sometimes I smile and nod to African people in the train or if I think the person is responsible.

9) German Language: I suggest that you try to learn as much as possible before coming even if your study, like mine, is in English. You can live fine in big cities without German but some hustling may be impossible without German. Don't worry it's only difficult in the beginning. Die Anfänge sind in der Regel schwierig wink

That's all for now. If there is something else anyone wants to know I can write about it. But I can't write about the visa or application process coz I'm forgetting those gradually and perhaps few things may have changed Also I know it's not easy but try not to worry about your visa or whether the fact that your name on your birth certificate ends with 'b' and in your waec certificate it ends in 'o'. The visa guys aren't problematic as long as your docs are complete.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:59pm On May 07, 2016
Please,

i have someone in Germany, working and living with his family for many Years, ready for stand for you as Guarantor. is there still need to write the Germany language course if i am going as a student?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 5:07pm On May 07, 2016
I applied to University of Hamburg but it's winter 2016, Sup?

BlessedSamson:
Good afternoon house, I just got a mail from the embassy that I should come with a travel health insurance,a courier envelope and my passport. I believe this means I have been granted my visa. Now I have questions,
pls how do I get my travel insurance?

how do I book my air ticket?

And what other things should I take note of, cause I want everything to go smoothly.

I will be going to University of Hamburg. Pls my naija peeps in Hamburg, pls make una add me ooo...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 5:15pm On May 07, 2016
barleeh:

Keji74:

A month or two? That's too late o. Book now! I remember someone once posted he has been booked for July for interview already

chinok97:

Thank y'all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 5:19pm On May 07, 2016
As regards the section of the blocked account opening form asking for address for taxation purpose and tax i.d, I have decided to fill in my Lagos state tax clearance card number. Can this suffice together with my home address here in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
lobito007:
As regards the section of the blocked account opening form asking for address for taxation purpose and tax i.d, I have decided to fill in my Lagos state tax clearance card number. Can this suffice together with my home address here in Nigeria?

Passport number is used there.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2016
Johnpaul2k2:
Please,

i have someone in Germany, working and living with his family for many Years, ready for stand for you as Guarantor. is there still need to write the Germany language course if i am going as a student?
#vague
Of course, your someone kann get the sponsorship letter for you. But that nur takes care of funding...you would not be required to open and fund a blocked account.
However, language course (certificate) has to do with the nature of your degree and/or program.

What degree are you going for, B.Sc. oder M.Sc.?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2016
futurewise11:

Passport number is used there.
Like, for real?? When this topic was treated, there were talks of one going to FIRS to generate a Tax Identification No (TIN). There was no mention of passport no. I am not trying to discredit your idea. Only need to be more clear.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 8:12pm On May 07, 2016
lobito007:

Like, for real?? When this topic was treated, there were talks of one going to FIRS to generate a Tax Identification No (TIN). There was no mention of passport no. I am not trying to discredit your idea. Only need to be more clear.

Its not mandatory you yield to my opinion.
Deutsche bank delay someone's account number due to this same issue.After refilling the new form with passport number as TIN the problem was solved.
Passport number worked,if u have contrary opinion please follow your mind.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bosakelvin(m): 8:32pm On May 07, 2016
please guys and sisters here i need ur assistance as regards my current worries, i want to credit my db account anytime from now "b4 my interview" as most of you know i opened my acc last year september 1st to be precise, i was suppose to have my interview on the 18th sept but unfortunately i was late, my question is that " is theaccount still active", though i used their contact form to ask the same question but no rp, though someone here have mentioned that a db account of not lesd than a year even if it has not been credited is still active. thanks at all for ur anticipated prompt response.
cc: pompido, eke d great, williamso, nevibolt, ogagageay and others not mentioned
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:02pm On May 07, 2016
bosakelvin:
please guys and sisters here i need ur assistance as regards my current worries, i want to credit my db account anytime from now "b4 my interview" as most of you know i opened my acc last year september 1st to be precise, i was suppose to have my interview on the 18th sept but unfortunately i was late, my question is that " is theaccount still active", though i used their contact form to ask the same question but no rp, though someone here have mentioned that a db account of not lesd than a year even if it has not been credited is still active. thanks at all for ur anticipated prompt response.
cc: pompido, eke d great, williamso, nevibolt, ogagageay and others not mentioned
Your account is still active. 2 years is the maximum, before it is closed (if unfunded).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 9:05pm On May 07, 2016
futurewise11:

Its not mandatory you yield to my opinion.
Deutsche bank delay someone's account number due to this same issue.After refilling the new form with passport number as TIN the problem was solved.
Passport number worked,if u have contrary opinion please follow your mind.

Just checked the form again and realized it says ''or equivalent personal identification number in this country''. Makes you absolutely correct. Two more questions, please:
1. The part that says 'post code' under personal details I wrote N/A. Is this acceptable or I just leave it blank?
2. In section 7, I filled in my school as 'Technical Univ of Munich', as the space provided could not occupy its full spelling. Any thing wrong with this abbreviation?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kilo4sure: 9:06pm On May 07, 2016
lobito007:

When the topic was treated, it was also highlighted that passport number also works out fine. Either TIN, passport number, or simply filling Not available (NA) with probably a short letter of explanation, would do. But passport number is the easiest, Methink.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.