Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911926 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
centmoses:
Interview date 30th Aug
AM mail 26th Sept
visa Received 30th Sept

Heading to FU Berlin MSc Sociology.
its God all the way.
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
Congrats man. Did you pick up your visa yourself or courier delivered it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by beckycute1: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
grin grin Abi o....just chilling for the admission process to begin
michV:
grin so your are here..come lets plan ahead together.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by beesola: 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello All,

Really informative thread here.

Been reading for some weeks now.

Anyone here go through the sponsorship letter route? Pls share the details.

What is needed and all necessary information.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by azuka15: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
Interview done 6/09/16
AM mail on 29/09/16
Funded before interview.

Heading to Thuringia
Thanks to every one that has posted some good information on this thread, you are part of this success story. Especially enibal, the person that personal explained the form A requirements . Thanks alot.

15 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
ritze:

Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
9 Lake Maracaibo Close (form. 3323 Barada Close),
off Amazon Street, Maitama, Abuja, F.C.T.
P.O.B. 5177, Wuse, Abuja, F.C.T., NIGERIA
.hello bro.I saw your post about your passport no returned to you after interview.I also did my interview in abuja.Kindly send me your number to justinanukam5@gmail.com it's urgent pls

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kenkels: 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
beckycute1:
When is it going to start
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KayPapi: 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
Guten Tag my German fellas.

I'm new to this thread, an immigrant from Canada's thread. I just submitted for TRV and I'm here for a plan B.

I've done my research regarding to masters from daad and masterportal.

I also learnt for January admission, the application will be open from October 15 or so.

My question is with this Uni assist;

1. Why can't I just apply online from a Uni site instead of forwarding documents to Uni assist which could waste a lot of time

2. Other Unis just do paper application, one will have to submit his/her by post.. Another time waster.

Please is there Uni I can apply directly from the it's site instead of being directed to Uni assist or post. I need masters in Chemical/Process/Quality Engineering or Business Managment or Occupational Health & Safety. I'm not limited to these programs alone.

I'm open to other suggestions....Again I'm new on this thread. Please be kind and gentle by not referring me to read from page 1 lol

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bee15(f): 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
azuka15:
Interview done 6/09/16
AM mail on 29/09/16
Funded before interview.

Heading to Thuringia
Thanks to every one that has posted some good information on this thread, you are part of this success story. Especially enibal, the person that personal explained the form A requirements . Thanks alot.

Congrats dear, guess we had our interview together same day
Also got my am mail yesterday .... We thank God for success stories

12 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by centmoses: 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
lobito007:

Congrats man. Did you pick up your visa yourself or courier delivered it?
Thanks man. Na Courier ooo.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seanaddy(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
jbonito:
Good Morning house... Hope we all had a wonderful night!!
I will just love to have real insight into life as a student in a particular city in Germany. Trier!! Reason is, i plan to study in this city starting summer of 2017!.( MSc ) I have tried to search through this thread, but nothing really stands out about it. Is there anyone studying over there at the moment? Or probably know a thing or two about the city? Please just enlighten me.. Majorly the things i would like to know about is ...... Length of PR upon arrival ( 1 year or 2 years ), possibilities of getting student jobs, and any other thing you are able to share with me. I will really appreciate any input.

Thank you in anticipation!

My brother, pls did u get any response cos I have exact same questions on mind and u just asked it all... Pls kindly share or if possible drop me ur WhatsApp line... We can maybe seek information together... Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pervic(m): 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
KayPapi:
Guten Tag my German fellas.

I'm new to this thread, an immigrant from Canada's thread. I just submitted for TRV and I'm here for a plan B.

I've done my research regarding to masters from daad and masterportal.

I also learnt for January admission, the application will be open from October 15 or so.

My question is with this Uni assist;

1. Why can't I just apply online from a Uni site instead of forwarding documents to Uni assist which could waste a lot of time

2. Other Unis just do paper application, one will have to submit his/her by post.. Another time waster.

Please is there Uni I can apply directly from the it's site instead of being directed to Uni assist or post. I need masters in Chemical/Process/Quality Engineering or Business Managment or Occupational Health & Safety. I'm not limited to these programs alone.

I'm open to other suggestions....Again I'm new on this thread. Please be kind and gentle by not referring me to read from page 1 lol

Just search more for other schools. As requirements n mode of application differs from one school to anoda.

U can try using

Www.study-in.de

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Futurewiser: 1:06am On Oct 01, 2016
P
l
e
a
s
e
who knows the email to book appointment with the German embassy?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sonyeah(m): 7:10am On Oct 01, 2016
Hello people. I opened my DB account on wednesday and sent a mail to book for Visa appointment on Thursday night, but I've not heard back from them since that day. A friend that sent a mail for Visa appointment yesterday was told there was no available time again for Visa interview for this year. Who is in a similar situation? And how can one solve this kind of issue...my school final reg deadline is Nov 14.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sonyeah(m): 7:11am On Oct 01, 2016
Futurewiser:
P
l
e
a
s
e
who knows the email to book appointment with the German embassy?
student@lago.diplo.de

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Seancypher: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2016
misspriceless:
Good morning,please who can help with getting an apartment in berlin
what school were you admitted in berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by idrisaleo1: 8:37am On Oct 01, 2016
azuka15:
Interview done 6/09/16
AM mail on 29/09/16
Funded before interview.

Heading to Thuringia
Congrats, which school in Thuringia please?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olargee: 10:10am On Oct 01, 2016
Hello, I as well as some others here, is an observing migrant from the Canadian thread. I would like to know how this blocked account thing works. How long should the funds remain in the account before I have access? Is it till just after a visa approval or what?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolt000(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2016
Olargee:
Hello, I as well as some others here, is an observing migrant from the Canadian thread. I would like to know how this blocked account thing works. How long should the funds remain in the account before I have access? Is it till just after a visa approval or what?
Days after landing in germany. They become accessible.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolt000(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2016
beckycute1:
Heard its starts around jan, is that true?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by marvel4love: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2016
beckycute1:
I sent you PM, please reply. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
bolt000:
Days after landing in germany. They become accessible.
What if you don't land in Germany maybe because you were not issued the visa or you choose to continue working than schooling when does it become accessibe? Any difficulty in retrieving the funds back?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bolt000(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
okezie007:

What if you don't land in Germany maybe because you were not issued the visa or you choose to continue working than schooling when does it become accessibe? Any difficulty in retrieving the funds back?
Yes, there will be, because the funds can only be accessed via a german bank, they cant be transferred electronically. to the best of my knowledge.
praiseovie:

first of all, the money is currently €8790 (€150 is the bank charges). so you are only allowed to access €720 per month (times 12 months= €8640), from this Deutsche bank blocked account for foreign students, which you can activate after you have gotten to Germany successfully and secured accommodation and other little process/registrations.
if you get to Germany and have some other form of way to earn money, then that money can be there in the blocked account just relaxing and waiting for you to come and withdraw anytime.
Any month you don't withdraw at all, or you withdraw less than the €720, the extra Balance adds up to the next €720 of the following month, enabling you to withdraw more than the stipulated 720.
but if along the line, you don't go to Germany again after already getting the account and funding it, perhaps change of mind or due to visa rejection. the only way you can get your money refunded back is to send another required application documents to the deutsche bank for closing of the account. it can take weeks or months for the whole processing. it takes #Patience... no Jonathan... cheesy
okezie007:

Yes, there will be, because the funds can only be accessed via a german bank, they cant be transferred electronically. to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by praiseovie(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
okezie007:

first of all, the money is currently €8790 (€150 is the bank charges). so you are only allowed to access €720 per month (times 12 months= €8640), from this Deutsche bank blocked account for foreign students, which you can activate after you have gotten to Germany successfully and secured accommodation and other little process/registrations.
if you get to Germany and have some other form of way to earn money, then that money can be there in the blocked account just relaxing and waiting for you to come and withdraw anytime.
Any month you don't withdraw at all, or you withdraw less than the €720, the extra Balance adds up to the next €720 of the following month, enabling you to withdraw more than the stipulated 720.
but if along the line, you don't go to Germany again after already getting the account and funding it, perhaps change of mind or due to visa rejection. the only way you can get your money refunded back is to send another required application documents to the deutsche bank for closing of the account. it can take weeks or months for the whole processing. it takes #Patience... no Jonathan... cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
praiseovie:

I feel you-#NoJonathan. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by omojaiyejaiye: 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
How reliable is nipost? I'm planning to certify my documents at the embassy come October 4 and plan to send it out to uni-assist the same day at the nipost office at adeola odeku. I have till 31st Oct for my deadline and I don't know if my documents will get to Germany before 31st October using nipost.

Please anyone with nipost experience should advise.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
Is there any other way one can show proof of English without writing exam or letter from your school?

My school said I have to pay 20,000 naira for just a letter.

For this recession period? angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by azuka15: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
idrisaleo1:

Congrats, which school in Thuringia please?
Are you going anywhere in that State? I am going to Weimar.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by billiondd: 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Mrbigman1:

I dnt wish to go through uniassist. It's only one school of all that require applicants go through uniassist others said u should mail ur documents and fill dia forms While some require I scan everything and send to dia email address. Just read dia requirements bu if u wish to go through uniassist, it's a best bet cos dey will be of more guidance but not better dan Nairaland.

Thanks and am based in warri.
Mrbigman1: Plz if u dont mind, I'm based in warri too and would like us to connect. I'm applying 4 summer/winter next yr.. Geophysics or ICT related.. my e--mail- ukalauche (at) gmail . com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bee15(f): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
please am in need of an accommodation in Bremen, pls anyone who can help should pls mail me.., thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nevilbot: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Anyone already in Germany using union health insurance should plz furnish me with its review either good bad or terrible. I need d info asap biko

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.