Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909046 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
tomshare16:

Any ANSWERS?

D german guy need to be working an earn about 3k per month if single or 6k married to be eligible
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Well I just get this from the previous thread. Please for those that want to calculate their G.p to the german G.p just check it here. You can check it yourself through the tool provided
in this link
https://io.uni-paderborn.de/en/incoming/full-time-
students/calculator-for-grade-transfer/
Note that in Germany, the smaller the grade the
better.
1,0-1,5 sehr gut (very good: an outstanding
achievement)
1,6-2,5 gut (good: an achievement which lies
substantially above average requirements)
2,6-3,5 befriedigend (satisfactory: an
achievement which corresponds to average
requirements)
3,6-4,0 ausreichend (sufficient: an
achievement which barely meets the
requirements)
4,1-5,0 nicht ausreichend / nicht bestanden
(not sufficient / failed: an achievement which
does not meet the requirements)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
This link too is useful. Use this simple tool to convert Highest CGPA for me is 5 while minimum. is.1 http://www.reknownedu.com/indian-percentage- to-german-gpa-converter/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dejx: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2017
sammolarge19:
Nice one bro....Please how did you go about it...I'm look for date ohh please help...

I sent another mail attaching a screenshot of the page where the enrollment deadline was stated on the university's website
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eldeee(m): 12:59am On Jul 23, 2017
Pls somebody should kindly help me with the correct pdf doc to attach with the adm letter and passport data page
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lequatee(m): 2:00am On Jul 23, 2017
Eldeee:
Pls somebody should kindly help me with the correct pdf doc to attach with the adm letter and passport data page

Chief,
use the one that has the account details and IBAN stuff.... guess it's the single page doc.

Oya apply sharperly, this question has been answered a million times before.

send the mail first before you start thinking of typing "thank you " Abi na dankeshon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 2:25am On Jul 23, 2017
Mrbigman1:

D german guy need to be working an earn about 3k per month if single or 6k married to be eligible

It's €1500/month for single
€3000/month for married and also depending on the state.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kingdaveid: 7:11am On Jul 23, 2017
Morning gurus in the house, my interview date is fast approaching and I don't have my primary school certificate, will an affidavit be okay for me to cover for it, because even back then in my undergrad i used affidavit to cover for it, plus my primary is not even in lagos. I will like to know what those that have done the interview thinks?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Evajay: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2017
Good day every1, i was goin thru d lastest news in Naija nd somehow i found myself on this page. I read thru it nd found it interesting nd would like 2 correct fews points. 1st of all let me introduce myself. To God be the glory I am a Nigerian -German nd i also happen to be a nurse in Germany. For student visa, u hve 3 options. 1) opening a blocked account with 8640€. 2) scholarship 3) A sponsor who must be residing in Germany, earning a minimum of 2700€ nd must be a citizen. The sponsor needs to go to the German foreign office here( Ausländerbehörde) nd collect a guarantor's form ( Verpflichtungserklärung). If the sponsor meets the requirements he will be given the letter. Fact is, no 1 is willing 2 take that risk for a total stranger as all bills will b directed 2 u if the student doesn't meet up with his bills or gets into trouble. Perhaps a family member or a very close friend. I knw this cos i jst did it last week for my sister. For the normal visting Visa u only require a minimum of 1600€ 4 the guarantors form. If you can raise the 8640€ knw that the money is still urs. When u arrive you go to the bank, sign some documents nd u can make use of the account. Maximum pay is abt 720€ monthly. U can't withdraw all at once. Germany is a beautiful nd law abiding country. It hurts me so much wen i read thru nd hear how my pple back home re being treated in the name of getting visa. Fact is evry school has it's deadline 4 admission, afterwards u re either givin an admission or a rejection. The German embassy in Nigeria re aware of this. Saying they re fully booked till Sept. is rubbish because they need at least 5wks 2 process, nd u as a student needs at least 1 week to get 2 knw the area u will be living in Germany.Winter semester starts depending on ur school 4rm Sept. till Nov nd they re very aware. U can start latest on the last working day in a month. For example if u re 2 resume 1 of sept , u can always start on d 30 of sept. b'cos d school consider int. Students. If not u hve 2 apply 4 d sommer semester dats if d course is not only in winter semester. ADALAPRETTY made a very valid point. The embassy is there to serve u. The truth is that, the embassy in Nigeria tries to reduce the no. of pple coming into their country but saying they re fully booked is totally unacceptable. They re paid by d German govt.montly 2 work for 8hrs. Atleast Aug-Oct. shld b made mostly available 2 students. Most of you who got admission letters knw when u got ur letters. Didn't realize i hve written so much. 4 does of u dat hve got admission nd appointment do not give up. The stress is only in Nigeria, once you get to Germany it's easier here with Visa. 4 those awaiting admission letters do not lose hope. Keep applying. If not for corrupt govt. there is really no place like home. God Bless Nigeria.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Evajay: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2017
kingdaveid:
Morning gurus in the house, my interview date is fast approaching and I don't have my primary school certificate, will an affidavit be okay for me to cover for it, because even back then in my undergrad i used affidavit to cover for it, plus my primary is not even in lagos. I will like to know what those that have done the interview thinks?
The Embassy looks 4 evry slightest reason 2 deny u of Visa. Try nd go to ur primary school nd get that document even if it means traveling. Affidavit can b used in place of birth certificates. Pls don't miss this opportunity. 1 more thing, make sure your age is the same 4rm Primary - Secondary-University - Date. That's wat they look out 4 (forged documents?)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Instructor001(m): 8:20am On Jul 23, 2017
Evajay:

The Embassy looks 4 evry slightest reason 2 deny u of Visa. Try nd go to ur primary school nd get that document even if it means traveling. Affidavit can b used in place of birth certificates. Pls don't miss this opportunity. 1 more thing, make sure your age is the same 4rm Primary - Secondary-University - Date. That's wat they look out 4 (forged documents?)

Nice one. What if the primary school is no longer in existence? but have a picture you took on the graduation day with the certificate and the school banner as background with parent and siblings.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Evajay: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=Mrbigman1 post=58735879]

D german guy need to be working an earn about 3k per month if single or 6k married to be eligible [/quote

Do you mean 3000€? You are paid according 2 ur tax level. The tax level is 4rm 1-6. 1 is 4 singles it's also like 5 nd u get 2 pay a lot of tax b'cos u don't hve so much responsibility. If only they knw we hve pple bac home 2 take care of. It's like sharing ur salary with tax into 2parts nd givin u 1 part. The rest is put into the sozial welfare. 2 is for single parent; u get 2 parts 4rm 3. It almost same with 4. 6 is the worst u get 1 part 4rm 3. An average German earns as 4rm 1400 after tax if you work 100%. Fact is the more u earn the higher you re taxed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Evajay: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2017
Instructor001:

Nice one. What if the primary school is no longer in existence? but have a picture you took on the graduation day with the certificate and the school banner as background with parent and siblings.
That shld enough if u can be recognized in d pics nd it is actually a pics dat looks as old as your claim. Note that the embassy will also do their verification dats what the visa fee is for. A friend had a similar case but she contacted d director personally. Thank God he was still alive.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Instructor001(m): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2017
Evajay:

That shld enough if u can be recognized in d pics nd it is actually a pics dat looks as old as your claim. Note that the embassy will also do their verification dats what the visa fee is for. A friend had a similar case but she contacted d director personally. Thank God he was still alive.

Thanks for that... Am grateful
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 23, 2017
Evajay:
It hurts me so much wen i read thru nd hear how my pple back home re being treated in the name of getting visa. Fact is evry school has it's deadline 4 admission, afterwards u re either givin an admission or a rejection. The German embassy in Nigeria re aware of this. Saying they re fully booked till Sept. is rubbish because they need at least 5wks 2 process, nd u as a student needs at least 1 week to get 2 knw the area u will be living in Germany.Winter semester starts depending on ur school 4rm Sept. till Nov nd they re very aware. U can start latest on the last working day in a month. For example if u re 2 resume 1 of sept , u can always start on d 30 of sept. b'cos d school consider int. Students. If not u hve 2 apply 4 d sommer semester dats if d course is not only in winter semester. ADALAPRETTY made a very valid point. The embassy is there to serve u. The truth is that, the embassy in Nigeria tries to reduce the no. of pple coming into their country but saying they re fully booked is totally unacceptable. They re paid by d German govt.montly 2 work for 8hrs. Atleast Aug-Oct. shld b made mostly available 2 students

Well said smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2017
Evajay:

I'm almost in same shoes cos my primary school cert. is partly burnt
@EvajayThanks for throwing more light on this issue
I also intend to ask about this.... What if one has a different name in his birth certificate, bsc certificate and international passport; hope it wouldn't raise any issues during interview
for example
Ciroma Oluwatobi Oshodi- Int. passport/Drivers L
Ciroma Tobi Oshodi-Birth Cert/ IELTS
Ciromako Oluwatobiloba Oshodi- Bsc Cert/Baptism Cert
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2017
dprinz99:
Hello house
A friend needs to study enviromental science/management related course in Germany
I've been searching all site including daad.de and master portal but most courses I've seen are for winter semester 2018 and that's too far.
I'm looking for courses for the coming summer semester in the related field .
OR
IS THere any possibility to apply for winter semester 2018 but travel between febuary or march next year?
Please I need your inputs coz all the courses I've seen are mainly for winter semester invent seen any for summer semester. Thanks
It is available in university of Hohenheim, got admitted for the program
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=Evajay post=58740775][/quote]

U re getting it all wrong.

D person just need to show it as an evidence dat he can take care of u.

wen u go over Dia, will u be expecting d person to be tipping u?

U sef reason am
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=Evajay post=58740775][/quote]

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
bulalakoboko:
Had CGPA of 2.93/5.00 in Biochemistry.I want to study Molecular biology or Biotechnology.I was rejected by uni wurzburg and Goerge Augustus uni in Gottingen based on the German 2.5 CGPA scale.My CGPA converted to German scale is 2.56.My question is
1. which school in Germany can accept me .
2.Has anybody with my type of GP got admitted to German uni and which school.
3.Should I go for a master in Nigeria and apply for another Masters in Germany?.

My brothers please help me.

Bro, its very possible to get admission with this cgpa. Write a very good motivation letter, apply to as many schools as possible, to save you stress contact the school's admission office first to be sure that they will consider your application. I have seen people admitted with cgpa lower than yours. What most universities are interested in is your completed B.Sc curriculum.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
To those it may concern. If you don't have your primary school certificate, use testimonial and if you have neither of it; worry not. Embassy doesn't lay much emphasis on that. Good preparation for your interview, coupled with God's grace; your visa is sure. No one will ever deny you because of primary six result so far. Your admission does not base on your primary six certificate. It is infinitesimal when it comes to documents needed for the interview. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
bulalakoboko:
Had CGPA of 2.93/5.00 in Biochemistry.I want to study Molecular biology or Biotechnology.I was rejected by uni wurzburg and Goerge Augustus uni in Gottingen based on the German 2.5 CGPA scale.My CGPA converted to German scale is 2.56.My question is
1. which school in Germany can accept me .
2.Has anybody with my type of GP got admitted to German uni and which school.
3.Should I go for a master in Nigeria and apply for another Masters in Germany?.

My brothers please help me.

That grade is very nice to get you more than a study place in Germany. Apply to as many as possible schools with good motivation letter. Don't run away from the ones under uni-assist. I have seen 2.7, 2.9 and even above 3.0 German scale with MSc admissions. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
kingdaveid:
Your inability to provide your primary school leaving certificate will in no way deter your chances of being granted a visa. It has no consequence whatsoever. In most cases, they won't even ask you. However, be sure you have your secondary school certificates and WASSCE results intact.
However, endeavour to get every other thing.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by righthappenings: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
Eldeee:
Good morning all, just received my confirmation of block account details yesterday from fintiba, will like to verify which of the pdf downloaded documents am i to upload for visa interview application, is it the "make the transfer pdf" or "contract details block account pdf", cos after going through the two documents thoroughly i seem to be confused as to which is required for the visa interview application, the first one contains the account details ie acc number and so on, while the later is just a long list of agreement details. pls for those who have since passed this stage, will be needing your kind response. thanks

Am also wondering how we are going to pass this hurdle of visa interview dates fully booked, just wondering if extension of enrollment deadline will always suffice. Anyway i will email my school international office after the visa interview application, they just have to find a way ooooo. Never heard about this kind situation at all. America embassy wey people dey flock like say tomorrow no dey, such have never been heard from them. They should at least try and make provisions for more improvised visa officers in situations like this.
For your fintiba account documents, send the one that contains your account details i.e your account number, IBAN etc to the embassy. That was what i used for mine.
All the best
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Eke40seven:

Your inability to provide your primary school leaving certificate will in no way deter your chances of being granted a visa. It has no consequence whatsoever. In most cases, they won't even ask you. However, be sure you have your secondary school certificates and WASSCE results intact.
However, endeavour to get every other thing.
cc honourableseyi, Eke40seven
Please I will like to know your views about this.
I been admitted to Uni Trier and Jena for Msc Economics but I'm yet to choose which route to follow in view of my interview appointment which is fast approaching. I have looked into the study curriculum of both unis which is really good and suites my career path but I have little knowledge about the residency extension in both cities. As for job prospects, I know Trier is better off than Jena with the infos I got from the thread.
I will have opted for Uni Hohenhiem in Stuttgart where I also got admitted but the 1500€ per semester is already a road block for me. I also waiting to hear from Fau Erlangen-Nuremberg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
righthappenings:

For your fintiba account documents, send the one that contains your account details i.e your account number, IBAN etc to the embassy. That was what i used for mine.
All the best
The name of the pdf document is "make the transfer" in case you are still unable to locate the right one
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by neccki: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Made123:

cc honourableseyi, Eke40seven
Please I will like to know your views about this.
I been admitted to Uni Trier and Jena for Msc Economics but I'm yet to choose which route to follow in view of my interview appointment which is fast approaching. I have looked into the study curriculum of both unis which is really good and suites my career path but I have little knowledge about the residency extension in both cities. As for job prospects, I know Trier is better off than Jena with the infos I got from the thread.
I will have opted for Uni Hohenhiem in Stuttgart where I also got admitted but the 1500€ per semester is already a road block for me. I also waiting to hear from Fau Erlangen-Nuremberg

@Made123
I really don't understand what is it that you want or waiting for.

Made123:

Why don't you go ahead with Trier then.
Residency Extension is after you must have gotten a student VISA, which you are yet to get.

So my advice for you is;
Use any of those A.L with the Enrolment Deadline Date closest to the Embassy's specified date (17.11.2017) to book an appointment if you've not yet book because you don't have much tym to waste. Except you would like to defer your admission till next year.

And stop waiting for someone to tell you what to do when you already know the next thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
neccki:

@Made123
I really don't understand what is it that you want or waiting for.

Why don't you go ahead with Trier then.
Residency Extension is after you must have gotten a student VISA, which you are yet to get.

So my advice for you is;
Use any of those A.L with the Enrolment Deadline Date closest to the Embassy's specified date (17.11.2017) to book an appointment if you've not yet book because you don't have much tym to waste. Except you would like to defer your admission till next year.

And stop waiting for someone to tell you what to do when you already know the next thing to do.

Thanks for your response. I have already booked an appointment and gotten a date. Please don't mind my ignorance.... What I really intend to ask is which of the cities do request for 8640€ to extend one's study permit after one year.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Made123:

Thanks for your response. I have already booked an appointment and gotten a date. Please don't mind my ignorance.... What I really intend to ask is which of the cities do request for 8640€ to extend one's study permit after one year.

With 4 to 5k, you will renew in Trier.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
jbonito:

Alright.... Thanks man Jah bless. Now I'm rest assured.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Instructor001(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
jbonito:

Any idea as regards wuerzburg?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
In case there's anyone in Germany who is willing to sell Euros(8750), please let me know so we can discuss about it. The banks in Nigeria aren't helping matters at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.