Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business (46032 Views)

Why Cereal Maker Kellogg Plans To Invest $420m In Nigeria / Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by piagetskinner(m): 3:46am On Apr 17, 2016
Nice one op....more grease to ur elbow

BTW,is this what they call tom brown?
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by JayJustus(m): 3:56am On Apr 17, 2016
bros drop your email...I would be needing your contact when I start my cafe...hmmmnnnn...culinarists in the house!!! just imagine this breakfast on your menu

1 Like

Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by owagbeba: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2016
investigator007:

Yes you can send the number lets discuss.
Check your mail
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by DerMeister: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2016
Bro, keep it up... you are on your way to fame and fortune. Obviously you have spent time and money doing research. These people who don't know the difference between legumes and grains will come here and try to pull you down. Nairaland is not the right place for constructive criticism anymore. You need to get in touch with a PR & branding expert to grow your brand. Keep innovating and improving!

It will not be easy but you have to persevere.

investment247:

So I decided to look up online again to be sure before I answer you.

Maybe you didn`t look at the pix where it is written "whole-grain cereal flour".

Look at the attached pix and check if you really made sense.
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by itstpia8: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
DerMeister:
Bro, keep it up... you are on your way to fame and fortune. Obviously you have spent time and money doing research. These people who don't know the difference between legumes and grains will come here and try to pull you down. Nairaland is not the right place for constructive criticism anymore. You need to get in touch with a PR & branding expert to grow your brand. Keep innovating and improving!

It will not be easy but you have to persevere.

Typical nairaland advice.
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by masties2(f): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nice job op. Please how do I get a pack in Lagos? Do you make different varieties too? I would also love some grains like fiono. Thanks.
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by GreatManBee: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Do you react to nuts?
octopusfreaky:
yea very important,, i no dey eat nuts ooo,investigator007, pls produce another one wtout nuts..Nice Job Sir
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by omoigbomina(m): 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
investigator007:
I have been seeing on Nairaland how people start up their own fish farming or snail farming to inspire others.

So here is mine

It`s no longer news that we have been encouraged to diversify and look away from oil, and with the scarcity of jobs and even the way those who have a job are being laid off, I decided to give myself and others job. What did I eventually come up with? A breakfast cereal used for making porridge (pap or ogi or akamu)

I'm going to explain how I started mine.

First I learnt how to make the cereal (composition And the process). Then I proceeded to go into the different markets to purchase the different cereals.

unlike the normal cereal we have in the market (I won't call names) that is made up of only maize or some who are kind enough would add soya to the maize and sometimes sugar.

this cereal is made up of highly nutritious components and is rich in iron and fiber contents. Namely:

wheat, millet, Groundnut, Fonio, Tiger nut, E.coracana (Finger millet), Guinea corn, Special white rice & ginger etc.

It is very good for everyone from babies, to children to adults even up to the elderly.

instead of buying pap in the market that has been open and house flies most times perching on it and doing parade, I decided to bring something that is very hygienic and well covered.

It is good for everyone.

I am not saying it cures diabetes or arthritis or ulcer patients, (cause it has not been proven to do that) but it is very good for people suffering from arthritis, ulcer, HBP etc especially when you take the cereal while taking your drugs as prescribed.

it also helps to burn fat and also add weight..

Contradicting right?? Nah!!!!

What I mean is it helps to burn fat for those who are overweight and adds body weight to those who are underweight... Strange but true.

For children and babies, they'll love it very well cos the taste and aroma is second to none.

And for those who need fresh skin? Hmmmm!!! You need to take a look at my skin to confirm it. Those who have met me in person can attest to that

Follow me as I show the process how I packaged it and how to prepare it.

Find below pics of the various components.

Millet
Guinea corn
Tiger nut
Ginger
please with which of these grains do you grind the groundnut with?
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by investigator007: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
masties2:
Nice job op. Please how do I get a pack in Lagos? Do you make different varieties too? I would also love some grains like fiono. Thanks.

Call me on 08035138401
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by investigator007: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
JayJustus:
bros drop your email...I would be needing your contact when I start my cafe...hmmmnnnn...culinarists in the house!!! just imagine this breakfast on your menu

Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by Tedoscar: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2016
Bravo... Good idea keep it up
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by obua: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
I bought 5 packs yesterday and it was good.
keep it up

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by investigator007: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
obua:
I bought 5 packs yesterday and it was good.
keep it up

Thank you very much sir for the feedback. I really appreciate
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by Oby1(f): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2016
May God bless your your business.
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by investigator007: 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
bughead:
you put sugar?

No I did not.

However after preparing it you can add sugar and milk to your taste.
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by eddyline(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
hello sir, pls how's your cereal business going? care to update us on your progress thus far? have you obtained the nafdac no and all?

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by nlPoster: 5:22am On Dec 27, 2019
Interesting, any updates?
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by Thehitereport: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2021
Wow, your story is very touching, many people in Nigeria don't want to become an entrepreneur, they just like office job https://www.thehitereport.com
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by Mimiwems2(f): 1:40pm On May 18, 2023
How can I start cereal business(those that sell in bags). I want to be a wholesaler in the east. I will appreciate your input
Re: How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business by aieromon(m): 11:42am On May 19, 2023
investigator007:
So let me explain how I packaged it.

I went to the market to buy the cereals, then washed then properly cos of dust, dirt and stones.

Then proceeded to dry them

Whatever happened to this project?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Vs Gtbank: 30 Key Points To Know About Their Dispute / Beatrice Nkechi Ejere's Burial: Cubana Hotel Manager Buries Mother In Style / Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.