Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife (28360 Views)

Breath-Taking Aerial View Of Roads In Abuja - Photos / Is This A True Reflection Of Ado-Ekiti Roads, Ekiti State? / Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Dollyak(f): 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
GodMode:

Yorubas completed cocoa house in 1972. The entire southern Nigeria was booming. Until when some greedy southerners decided to start a civil war so that a minority tribe (ijaws) won't be richer than them.

Do u know what the yoruba would have done with oil money if delta state wasn't removed SW geopolitical zone?
Wgo removed delta from SW?
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Dollyak(f): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
GodMode:

Yorubas completed cocoa house in 1972. The entire southern Nigeria was booming. Until when some greedy southerners decided to start a civil war so that a minority tribe (ijaws) won't be richer than them.

Do u know what the yoruba would have done with oil money if delta state wasn't removed SW geopolitical zone?
Who removed delta from SW?
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Gracito(f): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
aleem50:
will you marry me ? A true Yoruba son .
prove it grin and I'd marry you.
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Rossikki: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
justwise:

That is just an excuse, since independent what have we done with our resource?
What independence? You are here typing in English, going to church, and practising European systems of govt, economics, law, and education. And you say you're independent? No. The people of IFE were truly independent. YOU are not.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by cbrass(m): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Gracito:
prove it grin and I'd marry you.

He is a liar grin marry me instead
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Gracito(f): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
cbrass:

He is a liar grin marry me instead
lool, Yoruba?
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
Rossikki:
What independence? You are here typing in English, going to church, and practising European systems of govt, economics, and education. And you say you're independent? No. The people of IFE were truly independent. YOU are not.

..and you just typed in what language? IFE don't go to church and don't speak and type in English language?
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Rossikki: 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
justwise:

..and you just typed in what language? IFE don't go to church and don't speak and type in English language?
WE are not independent today. What part of that do you not understand?
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by justwise(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
Rossikki:
WE are not independent today. What part of that do you not understand?

You are not independent in your mind because that is your mindset. You have been this way for ages since I started reading your post.
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Rossikki: 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
The men of ancient Ife were truly independent. They saw themselves as the equal of all men everywhere. Today we feel so inferior that our men of law don blonde European hair wigs, without shame. Our women straighten their hair and bleach their skins. We worship a white blonde man as our God. Our holy lands are no longer Ife and Arochukwu, but Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medina. We are today a lost, degenerate race of feckless reprobates. And someone has the nerve to say we are independent. You people, please, don't annoy me this afternoon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by cbrass(m): 3:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
Gracito:
lool, Yoruba?

Yes love wink
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by aleem50(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
aleem50:
will you marry me ? A true Yoruba son .
pm me for the proof. wink
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by GooseBaba: 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

Tales by moonlight.

The ancestors of the Oba of Benin were Yorubas. At the height of Benin Empire's glory, Yoruba was the official palace language! Besides, Benin never had an empire until a Yoruba prince came to rule it. The Ogiso was a village chief, not an emperor! So show much respect to the Yorubas.

Kindest Regards. grin

If the Ogiso was a village chief. Then who was the head ruler of Benin before the coming of a yoruba prince?
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
GooseBaba:

If the Ogiso was a village chief. Then who was the head ruler of Benin before the coming of a yoruba prince?

Are you talking about the time the settlement was called Igodomigodo? grin
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by GooseBaba: 12:09am On Apr 18, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

Are you talking about the time the settlement was called Igodomigodo? grin

Bros abeg answer my original question...
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by wadetaw202: 4:55am On Apr 18, 2016
ireneony:
The great son of Benin kingdom oduduwa created ile- ife cool
There is one oba in the world grin oba of the Benin kingdom and others

Omo n'oba is just one of the sons of oduduwa. Stop turning history on its head, Madame Mischievous!
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2016
GooseBaba:

Bros abeg answer my original question...

I will answer your question, but first what do you mean by "chief ruler"? The Ogiso ruled igodomigodo. But his political stature was nowhere close to that of the Oba of Benin. Does that answer your question.
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:17am On Apr 18, 2016
Rossikki:
The men of ancient Ife were truly independent. They saw themselves as the equal of all men everywhere. Today we feel so inferior that our men of law don blonde European hair wigs, without shame. Our women straighten their hair and bleach their skins. We worship a white blonde man as our God. Our holy lands are no longer Ife and Arochukwu, but Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medina. We are today a lost, degenerate race of feckless reprobates. And someone has the nerve to say we are independent. You people, please, don't annoy me this afternoon.

LOL.
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by GooseBaba: 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
Volksfuhrer:

I will answer your question, but first what do you mean by "chief ruler"? The Ogiso ruled igodomigodo. But his political stature was nowhere close to that of the Oba of Benin. Does that answer your question.

Okay, so are you saying the obaship already exists before the prince created an empire? Or did different chiefs rule each village without an overlord.

As a descendant of the Ogiso dynasty...i like to get more information before their migration.
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by Rossikki: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
freeDR:
As a student living off campus in Ife, I saw remnants of such pavements a lot on untarred roads. Then, I was curious about what they stood for. Thanks for the thread.

That is just amazing.... You had no idea you were walking on our ancient history. cool
Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by YonkijiSappo: 6:55am On Mar 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by darkhorizon: 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
ireneony:

Delusional. Moreover,this is pre-Oduduwa Ife.

1 Like

Re: The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife by oyatz(m): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2019
Oduduwa was the founder of a dynasty which started at Ile-Ife and spread to Bini, Oyo and other parts of Yorubalands but he was not the founder of Ile-Ife.

The Obatala dynasty reigned in Ile-Ife for centuries before the arrival of the Oduduwa group.

ireneony:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VIO Cameras On Lagos Roads Catch Traffic Rules Breakers / 26-Year-Old Corper Sanni Mariam, Passengers, Driver Die In Imo Road Accident / UAE Backs Down, Concedes Seven Flight Slots To Air Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.