Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba (79415 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Reconciles Veteran Yoruba Actors (Photos) / 10 Popular Yoruba Actors And Their Wives (Photos) / Yoruba Actors And Their Lovely Wives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by justicejay(m): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
Petrol still sell at #220/liter

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by justmenoni: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Op you're high on sokotos gegemu... You're one of the reason why igbo, hausas and yorubas don't see themselves as one...
Most of these ppl you mentioned were actually born and bred in Lagos or other yoruba states so in legal context that makes them yoruba... If na oyinbo make this kain analysis now we go Don dey para

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by CUM4WHAT(m): 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ishilove:
*tongue out.... u cnt ban dat guy
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by banmee(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Yarnivibes, you need to be flogged. Your topic should be "Top yoruba actors, I, Yarnivibes, did not know where not Yoruba". How in God's name did you not know that 90% of the people on the list are not Yoruba? Your fingers are itching you to type something abi? I have a report to type. Can you help?
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by timilehin007(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
kolaitan:
NOW we know. What next? Fuel? Light? Water? Dollar?.... undecided
yuan and Chinese products not excluding latest Jackie Chan films..
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Stanbeto: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ok not Bad
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
nikkypearl:
Bet I know all of them are not Yoruba..tell me what I don't know..like where all nairalanders are from..grin wink

Happy Sabbath to op and all viewers
that of fathia balogun is what I never knew but the rest I know

Therefore you, where r you from?

2 Likes

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by dcncorneils: 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
i blv all d above mention but for faithia balogun am stil in doubt

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by uglodoh(f): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ricardo abbot is from cross river state

3 Likes

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by IamAtribalist: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
cool OP Go and tell Fathia Balogun, Doris Simeon and Toyin Aimaku that they are not Yoruba IF they won't bite your neck. This is a free world and people choose to identify with whatever group or tribe they will. These ladies have decided that the Yorubas are the people the feel at home with and there is nothing you or I can do about it. I wish one day my tribe will be as popular as the Yoruba tribe. Imagine Brazilians, Dominicans, Cubans and Colombians claiming Yoruba - walahi Yorubas are blessed no be small. cool

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Evestar200(f): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Onyochejohn:
that of fathia balogun is what I never knew but the rest I know

Therefore you, where r you from?
her real name is Faith she change to Fathia (muslim version) cuz she got married to a muslim man
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by 4nobody4every1: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
cool
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by funmijoyb(f): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
justmenoni:
Op you're high on sokotos gegemu... You're one of the reason why igbo, hausas and yorubas see themselves as one...
Most of these ppl you mentioned were actually born and bred in Lagos or other yoruba states so in legal context that makes them yoruba... If na oyinbo make this kain analysis now we go Don dey para
The op is totally out of context, my great grand parent were originally frm edo my grand father was born in Uromi while my father was born in Lagos and myself in Akure ondo state..who will now say I'm not yoruba? To me all these people are yorubas in one way or d other.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by funmijoyb(f): 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
kobokokabaka:
do yorubas have any reasonable actors?

foolish set of tribe I have ever met..
bunch of saboteurs.

I have said my own, if they want to die let them die for all I care.
mua anago,
ka odinu
do u watch yoruba movies at all? is 5times better than d English version...u sud have asked this way do igbo have movie and actors at all? most of ur tribe don turn yoruba finish u r here hating and envying yorubas

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by justmenoni: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
Op will tell you that you're from edo just incase you happen to be contesting as d governor of lagos grin

funmijoyb:

The op is totally out of context, my great grand parent were originally frm edo my grand father was born in Uromi while my father was born in Lagos and myself in Akure ondo state..who will now say I'm not yoruba? To me all these people are yorubas in one way othe other.
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by uglodoh(f): 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ricardo and Doris simeon are from cross river and Edo respectively

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by orissmonde: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
But why are Deltans referred to as Igbo?

4 Likes

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Agbaletu: 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
OP, correct these details:

Rykardo Agbor - Cross River
Doris Simon - Okpella in Edo State

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Jacko1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
Wow thats nice

Being pro biafra dahs noce

In the end one nigeria is wat we need

No mata d vitriol we share on nairaland.... U find ursef being embraced by the other tribe... Helpin them wil dey helpin u

Sha out to look fo stories to lash out at any ibo hating piece ghen ghen

One love nigeria
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by baby124: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Clarion's mother is Yoruba, so is Lilian

4 Likes

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by wengerjay(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Doris Simon is from Okpella in edo State.
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by fortunechy(m): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
who they don epp
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by nightmile: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
kobokokabaka:
do yorubas have any reasonable actors?

foolish set of tribe I have ever met..
bunch of saboteurs.

I have said my own, if they want to die let them die for all I care.
mua anago,
ka odinu

Which tribe in Naija is a World wide known criminal tribe?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by purpleblood: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
I think this man is also

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by chukzyblingz(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
Mostly Deltans followed by Edos. Same people
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by nikkypearl(f): 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
mckenzieRx:
The lady above me is harsh o.
shocked
shocked
shocked above you ke ?grin ...I no dey...

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by nattyhero(m): 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Yarnvibes:
Many had thought that all Yoruba actors are born Yoruba but that is not the case as a couple of thespians in this make believe world are from other tribes aside Yoruba yet they have been able to prove the mettle among Yoruba born actors.

1) Fathia Balogun

Fathia is an Urhobo lady from Delta state. She started acting Yoruba movies upon her relocating from Dublin where she was based to Lagos. She later married popular Yoruba actor Saidi Balogun.

2) Liz Da Silva

Liz Dasilva is a Togolese who grew up on Lagos Island thus her deep knowledge of Yoruba language. She is a close friend of Iyabo Ojo

3) Kelvin Ikeduba

He is a Delta Igbo guy bred in Ebute Meta area of Lagos. He started acting as an English actor but later dumped acting in Nigerian English movies for Yoruba. Kelvin speaks English, Yoruba and Igbo convieniently.

4) Rykardo Agbor

Like Kelvin Ikeduba, Rykardor is an Igbo guy from Delta state who started from Nigerian English movies but is more at home in the Yoruba movie genre.

5) Mercy Aigbe

Mercy Aigbe emerged best dressed at the recently held African magic viewer’s choice awards. The banker turned Yoruba actress is from Benin, Edo state.

6) Doris Simeon

Doris Simeon is from Delta state. The mother of one started her acting career in the Yoruba genre of Nigerian movie. Doriss grew up in Lagos.

7) Toyin Aimakhu

This controversial actress acts mostly in Yoruba movies. Toyin Aimakhu is from Auchi in Edo state but grew up in Ibadan, Oyo state before relocating to Lagos after she graduated from Olabisi Onabanjo University.

cool Lilian Bach

This beautiful actress is a half cast. She has a Nigerian mother and a Polish father. Lilan grew up in Port Harcourt and Lagos. Her mother is from Lagos thus her grab of Yoruba language. Initially when she started acting Yoruba movies her Yoruba was not fluent but with time she improved.

9) Clarion Chukwurah

Clarion hails from Anambra state but has good knowledge of Yoruba language. She acts both in English and Yoruba.
Clarion has a son for Afro juju singer Shina Peters. She later married two other Yoruba men, Tunde Abiola who is late MKO Abiola’s brother and Femi Adeneye popularly known as Femi Egyptian.

10) Rachael Oniga

This veteran Nollywood actress hails from Eku in Delta state. Though Delta Igbo, Oniga features in mainly Yoruba movies and less of English. Oniga was married to a Yoruba man from Epe, Lagos state.

11) Rose Odika

This Ibadan based Yoruba actress hails from Aniocha North local government of Delta state. But she grew up in Ibadan.

12) Regina Chukwu

She hails from Enugu state but acts in Yoruba movies. Regina is a close ally of Iyabo Ojo.

13) Hannah Marsh- Solade

Hannah Marsh before her marriage to veteran actor Yemi Solade was a Yoruba actress aside acting in Super story. Hannah is half Calabar half Irish.

14) MC Kirikiri

MC Kirikiri is an actor, a MC and a TV presenter. He is an Hausa man from Sokoto state who grew up in Agege area of Lagos.MC Kirikiri first major acting role was in Yoruba movies before he crossed over to television sitcoms.

http://yarnvibes.com/top-14-yoruba-actors-you-never-knew-are-not-yoruba

Op nice write up. But next time do ur findings well. Ur no. 10 rachael oniga is from eku an Urhobo town very close to Abraka. Delta Igbo is a different place entirely. All the same thanks
And I hope some bigoted ppl won't fault it. Urhobo and delta Igbo na different ppl

1 Like

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Babayoutoomuch(f): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nice one OP.But Fathia own surprise me because
she speaks yoruba fluently.

Pls mothers on this platform let's teach our children our various indigenous language its very important as this will not hinder their spoken English. #Call4ourmothertongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by kobokokabaka(m): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by kobokokabaka(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
nightmile:

is the ever known coward yorubas and as well bunch of rapists abiakwa nuo

4 Likes

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by kobokokabaka(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
nightmile:

is the ever known coward yorubas and as well bunch of rapists abiakwa nuo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Basketmouth Posts On Linda Ikeji's House In Banana Island (Photo) / Roman Goddess Weds Her White Lover (Wedding Photos) / Mercy Eke Flaunts Her New Mercedes Benz GLC 300 Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.