Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208677 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omoefe1994: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. We will do the needful.

Bnimz:
You read correctly... 7 7 7 7 is required for 10 points... Even 9 9 9 6.5 won't work... So the answer is No
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omoefe1994: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
Thanks a lot for your prompt response as well. Its really helpful. We will go ahead with IELTS General then.

Vinsmuft:

As you have been told, it must be minimum of 7 7 7 7 to get 10 points. And tell your husband to do IELTS General, rather than Academic. For most people, IELTS General is easier than Academic
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
.. And in your understanding! I think I get am.
mamajaz:

God be in your head.....and in your....( Who remember that nursery prayer).

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bnimz:
You read correctly... 7 7 7 7 is required for 10 points... Even 9 9 9 6.5 won't work... So the answer is No
Hehehehe... 9,9,9,6.5. Which kind wicked score be that one?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
@ Michaelamo
Your info is correct.
Go ahead with mechanical engineer. The worst I believe you can get is Engineering technologist.
Let me chip in that as things stand, there is no difference in chances between Engineering technologist and Mechanical engineer. What your focus should be now is having significantly high points die to the high demand.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
greenophyte, av tried responding to your pm to no avail. How do we collabo now??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Omoefe1994:
Thanks a lot for your prompt response as well. Its really helpful. We will go ahead with IELTS General then.

please note IELTS general test is what you require for migrant purposes,Academic English test is for study visa. Let us be guided.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
bellong:

Rather than stress with 476, they can do skilled migration. For engineering graduates, assessment seems to be easier compared to other professionals because you can write CDR based on university projiect.
Please could someone be kind enough to clarify if computer engineering falls under there same category as computer systems and network engineer?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
pushy8:

Please could someone be kind enough to clarify if computer engineering falls under there same category as computer systems and network engineer?

No, it's not in the same category. ACS is in charge of Computer systems and network engineer, and you don't write CDR for ACS assessment rather they use your qualification and work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 4:53am On Apr 24, 2017
iykedancastro:
Engineers in the house, I got this feedback from EA this morning and am left confused on the pros and cons of the options and how to proceed.

"As stated on page 29 of the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet, Work Experience needs to be "paid at the market or salaried rate for Engineering professional" your salary for both employments is well below the market rate for a Professional Engineer in Nigeria. You therefore have two options:
1) You can be assessed as a Professional Mechanical Engineer if you provide 2 new Career Episodes based on work conducted during your academic studies. In this case, none of your work experience can be recognised as Relevant Skilled Employment. Or,
2) You can be assessed as an Engineering Technologist based on the current submission. In this case your work experience can be recognised subject to the requested documents being provided.
Please state your preference. Please also note that as of the 27th of February 2017, Engineers Australia allows only one opportunity to address any shortcomings in applications. Therefore, your application will be finalised based on the information and/or documents provided in the next submission."

I was asked to provide tax certificate which I do not have although I already provided my pension statement.

I don't know if to be mad at, myself or the so called company I worked for.

This one weak me o! I don't have a tax certificate nor pension(u kno how working with a private firm is), only employment letter and bank statements. can one get tax certificates from state board of internal revenue, would it fly? Maybe I would just have to leave out work experience assessment, though the extra points is highly needed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:19am On Apr 24, 2017
einsteino:
This one weak me o!............ the extra points is highly needed.
Just a few pages later, you'll see how he eventually got his positive assessment with 4 years experience ... Nothing to worry about

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MDEZIE(m): 5:39am On Apr 24, 2017
mamajaz:
Good morning house ( Victoria time), is there somebody in the house who is resident in Abuja that will allow God to use him/ her for me? Please, help a sister oh...

hello mamajaz,

I just started following this thread recently... I reside in ABJ, what can I do for u?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:18am On Apr 24, 2017
MDEZIE:

hello mamajaz,

I just started following this thread recently... I reside in ABJ, what can I do for u?
owkkkkk bro....will get across ASAP.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 8:07am On Apr 24, 2017
mctowel01:
@ Michaelamo
Your info is correct.
Go ahead with mechanical engineer. The worst I believe you can get is Engineering technologist.
Let me chip in that as things stand, there is no difference in chances between Engineering technologist and Mechanical engineer. What your focus should be now is having significantly high points die to the high demand.

Thanks a million bro for your timely response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:45am On Apr 24, 2017
Na to take IELTS to court be that na.... grin
Bnimz:
9 9 9 6.5
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:57am On Apr 24, 2017
Says who?! sad
Both IELTS General and Academic can be used for Migration to Australia.
Please refer to the first page of this thread for clarification. Cheers.

lalaazo:

[s]please note IELTS general test is what you require for migrant purposes,Academic English test is for study visa. Let us be guided[/s].

You're on track!

Omoefe1994:
We will go ahead with IELTS General then.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2017
Eladua:

No, it's not in the same category. ACS is in charge of Computer systems and network engineer, and you don't write CDR for ACS assessment rather they use your qualification and work experience.

Thanks for the response. In this case, what could a computer engineer be accessed as?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nosula: 10:56am On Apr 24, 2017
Please I need assistance in getting my Tax Certificate from Lagos. If anybody in the house has a contact, I would be very grateful. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 11:07am On Apr 24, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Moved Forward!!! grin wink grin

Grace has come to my rescue as always...
All praise and glory be to God...
It certainly couldn't have come at any better time than now grin

So, after 8 days of suspense and worries (longest ever I guess), it's all GREEN for me... Moved on!
PTE answered the call @Band7LetMyPeopleGooooo wink

Status changed!
EOI 190 Withdrawn!!
EOI 189 Submitted!!!

God is awesome, He's great; Indeed greater than my worries grin

Cc: @mctowel01 @mamajaz @snip09 @chebyshev et al

Wow congrats. Please could you assist with this inquiry. I have a Bsc Agriculure(Animal science) which I acquired in 2004, MBA in 2014. But i have been working in the banking sector since 2006. Banking related jobs are not listed, so i want to go with Agricultural scientist. Please what do you advise..
Please house, kindly assist.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks for all your support
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 11:08am On Apr 24, 2017
. Please could anyone assist with this inquiry. I have a Bsc Agriculure(Animal science) which I acquired in 2004, MBA in 2014. But I have been working in the banking sector since 2006. Banking related jobs are not listed, so I want to go with Agricultural scientist. Please what do you advise..

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 11:34am On Apr 24, 2017
pushy8:
. Please could anyone assist with this inquiry. I have a Bsc Agriculure(Animal science) which I acquired in 2014, MBA in 2014. But I have been working in the banking sector since 2006. Banking related jobs are not listed, so I want to go with Agricultural scientist. Please what do you advise..

Thanks in anticipation.

I'm confused, you were just asking about computer engineering and now Agric. Anyways I think Agric is better as there is less competition in that field but provided you can prove you have relevant work experience in the same field.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Eladua:

I'm confused, you were just asking about computer engineering and now Agric. Anyways I think Agric is better as there is less competition in that field but provided you can prove you have relevant work experience in the same field.

Sorry.. i had a feeling you would point that out.
My husband studied computer engineering while i studied Agriculture.
We have to determine who is best suited to be the principal applicant.

I do not have any experience in Agriculture. I have been in the banking sector for since post NYSC.

What do you advise?

I truly appreciate your responses.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
pushy8:
. Please could anyone assist with this inquiry. I have a Bsc Agriculure(Animal science) which I acquired in 2014, MBA in 2014. But I have been working in the banking sector since 2006.
Vetassess is ur assessing body if you are going with agric scientist or agric consultant. Vetassess require at least a year experience even if you are not claiming points for experience. If u want to claim points, u need at least 3years experience to b on the safe side. Google Vetassess for more information.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
nosula:
Please I need assistance in getting my Tax Certificate from Lagos. If anybody in the house has a contact, I would be very grateful. Thanks

You need to ask your employers for your tax ID, once you have that go to www.lasg-ebs-rcm.com/ and follow the steps there to log in.

If you have any challenge, they have an online chat online icon below the page, just bring it up and chat with their rep. it is fast and efficient.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
hi guys,

Still chilling for NSW 190 invite 60pts,
Still preparing for English (20)...to move to 70pts

Just passing by.

This thread has been quiet lately.

Hello to all the #GMPC.... welcome on board..

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello, thanks for sharing in my joy.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough information to comment or advise on occupations other than Engineering, and specifically Chemical Engineering or related occupations.

However, from a general standpoint, I believe you've made the right choice. Usually, you would nominate an occupation for which you have a degree or qualification in as this is required for skills assessment. There are few cases though where specific assessing authority removes some years of work experience to make up for study requirement. So yeah, regardless of where you've worked, you can nominate Agricultural scientist for as much as you meet the minimum requirement stipulated by the assessing body for that occupation. Please refer to the website of the relevant assessing authority for the occupation you intend to nominate for more information.

I'm sorry if I didn't give you the best answer. Hopefully, someone with better knowledge and experience in the subject would respond to you soon. Best wishes.

pushy8:

Wow congrats. Please could you assist with this inquiry. I have a Bsc Agriculure(Animal science) which I acquired in 2014, MBA in 2014. But i have been working in the banking sector since 2006. Banking related jobs are not listed, so i want to go with Agricultural scientist. Please what do you advise..

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
lawland:
Whats up Nkechima?
Still in the hands of the almighty God
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Hello, thanks for sharing in my joy.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough information to comment or advise on occupations other than Engineering, and specifically Chemical Engineering or related occupations.

However, from a general standpoint, I believe you've made the right choice. Usually, you would nominate an occupation for which you have a degree or qualification in as this is required for skills assessment. There are few cases though where specific assessing authority removes some years of work experience to make up for study requirement. So yeah, regardless of where you've worked, you can nominate Agricultural scientist for as much as you meet the minimum requirement stipulated by the assessing body for that occupation. Please refer to the website of the relevant assessing authority for the occupation you intend to nominate for more information.

I'm sorry if I didn't give you the best answer. Hopefully, someone with better knowledge and experience in the subject would respond to you soon. Best wishes.

This is helpful. Thank you so much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by UzorSteve(m): 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
Good afternoon everyone.
I just got here and I am on a quest to travel to Australia.

I studied MECHANICAL ENGINEERING and graduated with a 2.2 from FUTO, 2011 and have a Masters Degree in Production Engineering in 2016.

Please I would love every advise and help I could get on starting the "skilled migration" application and making successful points.

Thanks house.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2017
I greet you sir.

I just saw one now from the crew.

#GMPC

This thread has been quiet lately.

Hello to all the #GMPC.... welcome on board..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
UzorSteve:
Good afternoon everyone.

I studied MECHANICAL ENGINEERING and graduated with a 2.2 from FUTO, 2011 and have a Masters Degree in Production Engineering in 2016.

Please I would love every advise and help I could get on starting the "skilled migration" application and making successful points.

Thanks house.

Page 0 - 2 sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
Chief, it will be beneficial for you to read at least page 0-5 to give you a rough idea of what basic info you need for migration. This will help you to narrow and ask specific questions.

First, 1. You need to assess you degree and transcript (If you get +ve assessment, you are safe. Buh if -ve, there two things involve)
2. You need to write an English test to score a maximum score (If you get above 7.0 IELTS or 79 PTE, you are safe. Buh if 6.0 and below, there two things involve)
3. You need professional work experience.
4. You need to provision money for you assessment (If you have enough money for assessment, you are safe. Buh if not, there two things involve=either you borrow money or you wait till your money is complete)

Veterans in EA assessment will provide more information for.

Don't join GMPC

UzorSteve:
Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks house.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.