Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,289 members, 7,860,681 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:15 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1223454 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
praiseisgood:
Congrats Iceberg54.

What a wait!

Thank God it ends in praise.

Dat means madam's leg is fantamaglorious. Ese Iyawo dara.

LooL.. beeni. You're right.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
Omooloriredade:
Congrats Iceberg54. Your timeline would pass for a best seller. Very interesting timeline. Take care of that woman very well. Lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy Will do.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ifexsco:

10/08/2017: Grant for self and spouse.

IED for wife: 03/01/2018

This your grant sweet me o!!!!���Congrats my buddy! God be praised! Oya unto other things like that big professional job etc etc.

Yes boss!!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Once again, I say a big thanks to everyone. Amen to all your prayers. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
My people....being a while! The journey so far.... I and my family landed Sydney 29th December 2016. I bin know as my pocket be, so I sharply go do construction white card and began doing labourer work�. On the other hand I started very enthusiastically with professional job search, applying for all available petroleum engineering jobs and other allied positions....Brethren one month became 2 and 2 became 3.....the responses were all negative! "We thank you for taking out time to apply....unfortunately you have been unsuccessful at this time....blah blah bla.....however we will keep your details on our database blah blah bla". I got so discouraged, stopped applying, and went deep into the labourer work as man had to survive. I started thinking of doing my Phd and made some applications. Along the line I applied for a role in a car modification company amd that was the first and only semi-professional interview i was invited for. Went and was told I didn't have the needed experience but they were willing to trying me out in the workshop and see where they could fit me. I was of the mind that this might be God and may be my opportunity. I informed my construction agency that I am quitting. Went to the workshop and hadn't even finished the first day of work when I was told I dont have basic knowledge of tools...the company doesn't have the resources to train from scratch and that my services are no longer required. I sharperly called my construction agency people and I was accepted back to the fold and advised to quit dreaming����. This continued till May when through my good friend and by "packaging", I landed a causual position as a computer technician....I have not done anything similar before....but as it turned out, its not rocket science and if you put your heart to it, you will get it.....I actually got good in it at least the hardware part.....it was good will it lasted....break from back breaking construction work, money for travel, hotel lodging, hire car etc....but then the end came and in order to be kept within the fold, I was sent to go and do desktop support....again I had no idea of what it involved. But God gave me a wonderful Indian superior, Senthil who taught me from scratch and most importantly covered my ass.... But then no be because of causual job I come Australia....Admission to PhD program arrived and I left and went and did cert III in preparation so I can do it by the side and be earning.

So I took a difficult decision and moved from Sydney to Perth to start my PhD at Curtin University. Person bin don dey set root for ground for Sydney small small....its going on fine, keeps getting better.... I can see better days ahead....I can feel it within my bones!

Hope this encourages someone....it may not be easy but keep at it....it only gets better.

22 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
Misoke:
In hope and Anticipation mixed with faith...pls may I ask if dibp has specific panel physicians they use for the health checks? @alphadoor pls answer me � smiley
I want to have an idea of the average cost because my family big.lol

what's the question?
Health checks.. Yes they do... check https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Pane/Pane-1
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
mamajaz:

You guys should contact Ikenna, the Abuja represent to Pearson/ UKEAS.

Mama the mama, please I need clarification. Why is it that we are not paying for the PTE exam with our credit cards? Is the voucher the cheapest and only way to pay successfully? Make others help answer too, I nor know if una go call me #GMPC abi how una dey call am? Lolz... I don't even know what it means also.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Favemmy: 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ifexsco:
My people....being a while! The journey so far.... I and my family landed Sydney 29th December 2016. I bin know as my pocket be, so I sharply go do construction white card and began doing labourer work�. On the other hand I started very enthusiastically with professional job search, applying for all available petroleum engineering jobs and other allied positions....Brethren one month became 2 and 2 became 3.....the responses were all negative! "We thank you for taking out time to apply....unfortunately you have been unsuccessful at this time....blah blah bla.....however we will keep your details on our database blah blah bla". I got so discouraged, stopped applying, and went deep into the labourer work as man had to survive. I started thinking of doing my Phd and made some applications.

God is with you bro,#itwillendinpraise#shallom

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elothaddi(m): 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
If I may ask, what course did you study and where you working in Nigeria before moving to Australia.

Ifexsco:
My people....being a while! The journey so far.... I and my family landed Sydney 29th December 2016. I bin know as my pocket be, so I sharply go do construction white card and began doing labourer work�. On the other hand I started very enthusiastically with professional job search, applying for all available petroleum engineering jobs and other allied positions....Brethren one month became 2 and 2 became 3.....the responses were all negative! "We thank you for taking out time to apply....unfortunately you have been unsuccessful at this time....blah blah bla.....however we will keep your details on our database blah blah bla". I got so discouraged, stopped applying, and went deep into the labourer work as man had to survive. I started thinking of doing my Phd and made some applications. Along the line I applied for a role in a car modification company amd that was the first and only semi-professional interview i was invited for. Went and was told I didn't have the needed experience but they were willing to trying me out in the workshop and see where they could fit me. I was of the mind that this might be God and may be my opportunity. I informed my construction agency that I am quitting. Went to the workshop and hadn't even finished the first day of work when I was told I dont have basic knowledge of tools...the company doesn't have the resources to train from scratch and that my services are no longer required. I sharperly called my construction agency people and I was accepted back to the fold and advised to quit dreaming����. This continued till May when through my good friend and by "packaging", I landed a causual position as a computer technician....I have not done anything similar before....but as it turned out, its not rocket science and if you put your heart to it, you will get it.....I actually got good in it at least the hardware part.....it was good will it lasted....break from back breaking construction work, money for travel, hotel lodging, hire car etc....but then the end came and in order to be kept within the fold, I was sent to go and do desktop support....again I had no idea of what it involved. But God gave me a wonderful Indian superior, Senthil who taught me from scratch and most importantly covered my ass.... But then no be because of causual job I come Australia....Admission to PhD program arrived and I left and went and did cert III in preparation so I can do it by the side and be earning.

So I took a difficult decision and moved from Sydney to Perth to start my PhD at Curtin University. Person bin don dey set root for ground for Sydney small small....its going on fine, keeps getting better.... I can see better days ahead....I can feel it within my bones!

Hope this encourages someone....it may not be easy but keep at it....it only gets better.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ifexsco:
My people....being a while! The journey so far.... I and my family landed Sydney 29th December 2016. I bin know as my pocket be, so I sharply go do construction white card and began doing labourer work�. On the other hand I started very enthusiastically with professional job

Its not easy oh, anyone going to Australia should know that you have to work hard oh, no be beans oh. I can relate to your story, my relative a medical doctor before he left naija got there and did menial jobs, not medicine related oh, correct menial job for almost a year. He studied , passed his exams and now he works as a Doctor in a hospital. God will crown our efforts. We dey come.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by phemmy28(m): 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello house...

Thinking of starting PR processing but cant decide if I should go ahead or allow the wifey do the PR application thingy, a little insight.

Myself: BSc Electrical Engineering, experience about 5ish years, Age 33
Wifey: Medical Doctor (Ukrainian Uni), experience almost 2eyars, Age 30

Please advice being someone said she cant apply for PR being she hasnt writen the AMC exam to practice in Oz.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
[quote author=Mama the mama, #GMPC = Give Me Pap Crew ( those who want to be spoonfed).
According to Ikenna 09/2016, Nigerians aren't allowed to operate with their credit cards by then ( I dunno of now oh). I can't remember the reasons vividly oh, but if you ask him he will explain to you in details. There's a lady somewhere who love milking people because of that, but if you let her know that you know, she will give you the actual amount.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
phemmy28:
Hello house...

Thinking of starting PR processing but cant decide if I should go ahead or allow the wifey do the PR application thingy, a little insight.

Myself: BSc Electrical Engineering, experience about 5ish years

It is easier for engineers to get pr. A Doctor's pathway is too long and involves exams and loads of money. You should access as electrical engineer, i don't think it needs high score to get ita.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
adeolabilkis002:
Hello fam

Please is there anyone who has assessed successfully with TRA?
Hmmmmmmm, next time you go great house, congratulate the congratulatees and ask your questions.
Sujydee is the TRA man that I know, call him over and over and he will answer you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
Can points on work experience be claimed on a relevant employment you have been before you acquire the certificate you are using for assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
mamajaz:
[quote author=Mama the mama, #GMPC = Give Me Pap Crew ( those who want to be spoonfed).
According to Ikenna 09/2016, Nigerians aren't allowed to operate with their credit cards by then ( I dunno of now oh). I can't remember the reasons vividly oh, but if you ask him he will explain to you in details. There's a lady somewhere who love milking people because of that, but if you let her know that you know, she will give you the actual amount.

Hahahaha @GMPC, Thanks for the info ma. I will try with a credit card and let the house know of the response. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
Bankole1790:
Can points on work experience be claimed on a relevant employment you have been before you acquire the certificate you are using for assessment?

No, it's always after the date of the awarded degree. Anything before that does not count.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
House, am back again. So am afraid of getting a negative assessment from VETASSES because my qualification is not relevant to my work experience. Can I apply as a Zoologist and indicate I do not want to claim points for work experience. Can that get me a positive assessment?
Oga Bellong and Co, help a distressed soul
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ItsYourFriend: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
oknee:

It is easier for engineers to get pr. A Doctor's pathway is too long and involves exams and loads of money. You should access as electrical engineer, i don't think it needs high score to get ita.
Who would help me write a good CDR report? Please I need an experience writer that would help me put togther an engineering report for EA perusal.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ItsYourFriend: 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
phemmy28:
Hello house...

Myself: BSc Electrical Engineering, experience about 5ish years, Age 33
Wifey: Medical Doctor (Ukrainian Uni), experience almost 2eyars, Age 30

Please advice being someone said she cant apply for PR being she hasnt writen the AMC exam to practice in Oz.

Please let your wife have a go at it. I think she would fare better. Remember that her age alone would fetch her 30 points. Between, your 5 years work experience will give you 10 points if you are assessed favourably! You should do the maths.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
Who would help me write a good CDR report? Please I need an experience writer that would help me put togther an engineering report for EA perusal.

If you actually earned the degree, you don't need anybody to write it for you.

It just to write something to substantiate or defend your engineering knowledge.

Yes, someone can help to proofread what you have written but not to write for you.

@Chuglothen,

You must have at least one year experience in any occupation you claim before any possibility of a positive assessment with VETASSES.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
[quote author=Ifexsco post=59377518]My people....being a while! The journey so far.

You shall laugh at last. Starting I know won't be easy.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
bellong:

If you actually earned the degree, you don't need anybody to write it for you.

It just to write something to substantiate or defend your engineering knowledge.

Yes, someone can help to proofread what you have written but not to write for you.
Oyokosayomeh for you my brother°
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
@bellong, what if i "package" a work experience together with payslip? Will i be good to go?
Or I should just apply with my degree and current job experience which are highly irrelevant to each other?
Help me ooo
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
Please let your wife have a go at it. I think she would fare better. Remember that her age alone would fetch her 30 points. Between, your 5 years work experience will give you 10 points if you are assessed favourably! You should do the maths.
Nope, nope.... @ phemmy28 Medicine is the biggest migration headache in existence after LAW in my opinion. ..

I assessed as an Electronic Engineer.. And I can confidently tell you,, going via the Engineer's pathway is the best route..... Infact, lets put it this way, the engineer's route is engineered for maximum speed and success... while the medical route is stressful enough to land someone in the hospital grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
Alphadoor:

what's the question?
Health checks.. Yes they do... check https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Pane/Pane-1

An Idea of what the charges are like.thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 11:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
Michaelamo:

No, it's always after the date of the awarded degree. Anything before that does not count.

But do you think I can get a positive assessment with a Bsc Accounting from Unad
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:03am On Aug 12, 2017
chuglothen:
@bellong, what if i "package" a work experience together with payslip? Will i be good to go?
Or I should just apply with my degree and current job experience which are highly irrelevant to each other?
Help me ooo

What is your current job and how long have you been doing it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by phemmy28(m): 8:16am On Aug 12, 2017
Bnimz:
Nope, nope.... @ phemmy28 Medicine is the biggest migration headache in existence after LAW in my opinion. ..

I assessed as an Electronic Engineer.. And I can confidently tell you,, going via the Engineer's pathway is the best route..... Infact, lets put it this way, the engineer's route is engineered for maximum speed and success... while the medical route is stressful enough to land someone in the hospital grin grin grin grin

I hear you my brother...thanks plenty.

Quick question: do i have to write ielts before doing the EA assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 8:26am On Aug 12, 2017
@bellong, I am working as a Customer service manager in a bank. With over 4years experience... Just a little below 5 years. But I studied Biological sciences
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kayla10: 8:31am On Aug 12, 2017
chidike:

Its not easy oh, anyone going to Australia should know that you have to work hard oh, no be beans oh. I can relate to your story, my relative a medical doctor before he left naija got there and did menial jobs, not medicine related oh, correct menial job for almost a year. He studied , passed his exams and now he works as a Doctor in a hospital. God will crown our efforts. We dey come.

Hi Chidike,

I sent you a PM request. I am currently in Australia and have a request seeing as you are coming over soon. Could you please respond to the PM?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (607)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.