Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,214 members, 7,860,368 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1223311 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bligs: 9:17am On Aug 12, 2017
elothaddi:
If I may ask, what course did you study and where you working in Nigeria before moving to Australia.

Forget about his degree and where he's working in naija, there's always this stereotype "Australian experience" unless your degree and experience are from the western countries, upon getting here only few secure jobs relating to what they are doing in naija, most switch carrier or do something related, above all the long term gain is the factor motivating ppl.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Blitzenkreig66: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2017
jayooh:
All who have submitted EOIs for state nomination, should please re-quote and state their info so we can track state progress to see how they are rolling out their ITAs, using the format:
Moniker Occupation points state nominated date

Example

xyz Accountants 65 Victoria 25/0717
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Blitzenkreig66: 9:52am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:01am On Aug 12, 2017
[quote author=Michaelamo post=59385310][/quote]

please your feedback would be highly appreciated , cos the lady in question that loves milking peeps did same to me,i was ripped-off 11,000 naira. i didnt find that funny when i realized.

their official amount is 46,000 (written on their site)but it was sold at 57,000 thousand.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:10am On Aug 12, 2017
chuglothen:
@bellong, I am working as a Customer service manager in a bank. With over 4years experience... Just a little below 5 years. But I studied Biological sciences

grin grin grin
Its very funny , Naija factor . How do you explain to them now that your year of experience are in the banking sector and you read biological science grin shocked
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2017
All who have submitted EOIs for state nomination, should please re-quote and state their info so we can track state progress to see how they are rolling out their ITAs, using the format:
Moniker Occupation points state nominated date

Example

xyz Accountants 65 Victoria 25/0717

Awaiting state nomination
Phlunter01 Agric. Consultant 65 Victoria 13/07/17
Blitzenkreig Mechanical Engineers. 70 NSW. 13/03/2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2017
Rooneyboy:

grin grin grin
Its very funny , Naija factor . How do you explain to them now that your year of experience are in the banking sector and you read biological science grin shocked

That is where i guess your advise should come in. Does it look feasible at all? I dont want to throw away over 200k like that
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 11:56am On Aug 12, 2017
elothaddi:
If I may ask, what course did you study and where you working in Nigeria before moving to Australia.

Studied Petroleum Engineering, was lecturing in a private university down at Nigeria.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
phemmy28:

I hear you my brother...thanks plenty.

Quick question: do i have to write ielts before doing the EA assessment?
Good question. Download MSA Applicants guide and the MSA booklet. OGA Engineer, read these documents.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by solution1212: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
Azy123:
Plunge already taken since grin that is why I claimed 15 points. That was what I believed to be true but started doubting and fearing when I saw comments. As it is, nothing has changed.

CASE CLOSED. This case was open on this forum and closed before with the same conclusion.

Thanks lawland for the example from experience. If we like we can read all blogs but one single comparable experience helps put the mind at rest.
Thanks NNBB2012 for the info. Alphadoor #5 pt_movement#

Summary for others

As far as you have a positive assessment from an assessing body and the point you are claiming is clearly supported by CEP. the following applies...

1) If you have a positive assessment with one qualification and have another qualification that is higher you can use the higher qualification to claim point.
2) If your assessment authority is silent on the higher qualification - you can claim point for it
3) If the qualification is not related to your occupation - you can claim point for it
4) Even if you complete the highest qualification yesterday - you can claim point for it today

@ZoeW edit your 189 EOI Asap congrat on your ITA in advance grin

Bro, I am in this category. I want to be sure if anyone has done it before and received grant. It won't be good if one get visa refusal - a lot of money is at stake here.My assessing body (TRA) is silent about my qualification
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ifexsco:
My people....being a while! The journey so far.... I and my family landed Sydney 29th December 2016.

I can relate to your ordeal bro. I learned same way back in the UK and in the hard way too.

Besides their cores, people should learn to pick as many skills as possible with them before jumping on the plane. Nothing stops one from learning computer hardware repair, taking ICND/MCSE/CCNA, perfecting a coding language or even learning a trade (plumbing, barbing et al.)

For those who have flare for academics like my self, you could come up with a research proposal and start contacting researchers in your field once you submit your PR application or shortly before. You can then shoot a full application as a local student once you get your PR.
That way, tuition fee is waived before landing Oz plus you could even secure a living allowance and relocation stipends depending on your academic profile. The most interesting part is if you land Oz and find a good job in your field, you could switch your studies to a part time and work maximum hour, the catch is you might loose your stipend allowance but tuition waiver is always retained.

This is purely based on my personal experience and research o.....just thought to share as it might be applicable to some here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
bellong:

If you actually earned the degree, you don't need anybody to write it for you.

It just to write something to substantiate or defend your engineering knowledge.

Yes, someone can help to proofread what you have written but not to write for you.

@Chuglothen,

You must have at least one year experience in any occupation you claim before any possibility of a positive assessment with VETASSES.
I have read and digested every requirement for permanent residency,let me tell you my profile and tell me how many points this can earn me.
Age is between 27,Bsc Accounting unad 2012,5years working experience from then till now and ICAN ACA 2017.I hope have a superior score in the ielts.Kindly advice me and tell me If I will be suitable for the PR stuff
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2017
iceberg54:
Timeline of life!!!

Congrats Boss....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
Good day everyone, please I will like to ask, has anyone gone through this process as a self employed?

I was going through the documents required for self employed ..

1 audited financial statements for the relevant period
2 company registration documents
3 taxation documents
4 examples of major contracts
5 advertising and marketing material
6 company profile or prospectus
7 memberships of any business or professional associations.

I'm self employed but I don't have some of these documents.

Please kindly advice

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KayVutton: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
Good day everyone.
Kindly assist I've read from page 1-10 but the skill assessment seems so complex.

I'm 32, A system analyst.
Btech in physics
Ielts LRWS 8,7.5,7,8
I have 7 years work experience.

What are my chances and how do I go about the skill assessment with ACS.
I have a family of 3
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
KayVutton:
Good day everyone.
Kindly assist I've read from page 1-10 but the skill assessment seems so complex.

I'm 32, A system analyst.
Btech in physics
Ielts LRWS 8,7.5,7,8
I have 7 years work

Do you have any professional certificate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KayVutton: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
Alphadoor:

Do you have any professional certificate?

Yes please
ITIL intermediary
Cisco Certified Internetworking expert
CompTIA A+
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
KayVutton:

Yes please
ITIL intermediary
Cisco Certified Internetworking expert
CompTIA A+
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer

Bros ee
Na play I dey i play na
Someone cannot play with you

With ACS..
You will need a well packaged reference letter aligning your responsibilities and role as a system analyst.
Does the 7yrs include your NYSC....
what year did you graduate,
RPL seems like a better choice for you so you can claim work experience.
What year did you acquire the certs.

A positive assessment is not far from you.

cc
@zoew @azy123

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2017
Alphadoor:

Bros ee
Na play I dey i play na

With ACS..
You will need a well packaged reference letter aligning your responsibilities and role as a system analyst.

cc
@zoew @azy123

Hahahhahahah...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 4:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
I have read and digested every requirement for permanent residency,let me tell you my profile and tell me how many points this can earn me.
Age is 27,Bsc Accounting unad 2012,5years working experience from then till now and ICAN ACA 2017.I hope to have a superior score in the ielts.Kindly advice me and tell me If I will be suitable for the PR stuff,I particularly want to know if my degree will be assessed positively.
PLEASE REPLY ME
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KayVutton: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
Alphadoor:

Bros ee
Na play I dey i play na

With ACS..

cc
@zoew @azy123

I graduated 2009.
Nysc 2010

I've been picking the certifications in the last 10 years. But the most recent is 2years old.

Kindly forgive my ignorance. How does the RPL work? I want to do this alongside Canada but this one seems more complicated.

I've tried searching for RPL via Google but couldn't find anything informative.

Is it an exam? Or like wes or IQas of Canada.
I have Eca from IQAs though.

Do I need pof?

Honestly I've tried doing the research myself but I could not find anything.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2017
KayVutton:

I graduated 2009.
Nysc 2010

I've been picking the certifications in the last 10 years. But the most recent is 2years old.

Kindly forgive my ignorance. How does the RPL work? I want to do this alongside Canada but this one seems more complicated.

I've tried searching for RPL via Google but couldn't find anything informative.

Is it an exam? Or like wes or IQas of Canada.
I have Eca from IQAs though.

Do I need pof?

Honestly I've tried doing the research myself but I could not find anything.

RPL is recognition of prior learning. It requires you to demonstrate your IT competency through two project since you don't have a degree in IT. It's another to skills assessment. It's quite an easy task we have success stories of that path on this thread.

No pof required for RPL.

All certs and degree should be presented for assessment for maximum exploit.

Am sure @zoew @azy123 will be more than happy to assist with tested and trusted RPL report samples grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
Bankole1790:

Age is between 27,Bsc Accounting unad 2012,5years working experience from then till now and ICAN ACA 2017.I hope have a superior score in the ielts.Kindly advice me and tell me If I will be suitable for the PR stuff

You should get positive assessment with your profile.

However, I believe you know that accountants require at least 75points for a chance to get ITA quick.

@chuglothen,

There is no degree in customer service manager Na. wink. I think you should get a positive assessment provided you are able to package your descriptions well.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
Thanks bro...pls my major concern is if unad's BSC 4 year accounting degree will be assessed positively,otherwise if I will need ican ACA to be part of the plan,will I be able to claim 5 years work experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ItsYourFriend: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
Please I need your advice. I observed that the specialization for Mechanical Engineer ANZSCO 233512 are a follows...
1. Air conditioning engineer 2. Building services engineer and 3. Heating and ventilation engineer; but I have my work experience of over 8 years in the oil & gas industry as a Well Test Engineer and I hold an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering. Seeing that my work experience is not a specialization under my course of study, in what way can I prepare my CDR to get the maximum point?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aragonbaba(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hello guys, I need your advice . I am on the pathway to getting admission to run my masters in Australia on a second thought, i am thinking of applying for PR. I just got my IELTS result and it goes LWRS,8,7.5,7.5,7.5. Age 26, bachelors Mechanical engineering, work experience in a company is 3 years.
My challenges are;
1) I have been working with an electricity distribution company and my role has been more of managerial than technical.
2) I dont have pay slips or Tax clearance. I only receive salary alerts no document to that effect aside statement of my Account.
3) should I continue with the masters and start the PR over there in Australia.

Gurus in the house, your candid advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aragonbaba(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2017
My mechanical does not tally with my current job.
Should I continue with the process of acquiring masters or will PR be a better option at the moment?
aragonbaba:
Hello guys, I need your advice . I am on the pathway to getting admission to run my masters in Australia on a second thought, i am thinking of applying for PR. I just got my IELTS result and it goes LWRS,8,7.5,7.5,7.5. Age 26, bachelors Mechanical engineering, work experience in a company is 3 years.
My challenges are;
1) I have been working with an electricity distribution company and my role has been more of managerial than technical.
2) I dont have pay slips or Tax clearance. I only receive salary alerts no document to that effect aside statement of my Account.
3) should I continue with the masters and start the PR over there in Australia.

Gurus in the house, your candid advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KayVutton: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
Alphadoor:

RPL is recognition of prior learning. It requires you to demonstrate your IT competency through two project since you don't have a degree in IT. It's another to skills assessment. It's quite an easy task we have success stories of that path on this thread.

No pof required for RPL.

All certs and degree should be presented for assessment for maximum exploit.

Am sure @zoew @azy123 will be more than happy to assist with tested and trusted RPL report samples grin

Thanks a lot.

Please how do I go about it. azy123 and zoew kindly assist.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
[quote author=toslad post=54272139][/quo
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2017
icon2:
Good day everyone, please I will like to ask, has anyone gone through this process as a self employed?

I was going through the documents required for self employed ..

1 audited financial statements for the relevant period
2 company registration documents
3 taxation documents
4 examples of major contracts
5 advertising and marketing material
6 company profile or prospectus
7 memberships of any business or professional associations.

I'm self employed but I don't have some of these documents.

Please kindly advice

Thanks
Get any small accounting firm to prepare audited financial statements for your company, shouldn't cost too much. Bear in mind that you cannot say you earn 200k per month then your company only has revenue of 100k or some ridiculous amount, be sure that you put in correct numbers.

I believe you should have your company registration documents.

Once you have your audited financial statements, look for someone who works with the tax authorities or pleas your case, tell them you need tax clearance for your company, they'll tell you how much to pay and thats that.

I dont know the type of company you run but I'm sure you must have at some point entered into contracts with customers/suppliers, that's that.

For advertising material; fliers, proposals, etc

Sure you must have a company prospectus or profile that details what tge companies does and tboae running it.

Lastly I want to believe tou belong to some association, submit your membership vertifocate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kayla10:

Hi Chidike,

I sent you a PM request. I am currently in Australia and have a request seeing as you are coming over soon. Could you please respond to the PM?

Thanks.
Didn't get any request
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2017
Please house, if a person's occupation can be sponsored on 489& 457, and the person already had positive assessment, which visa type of these two is much more advisable
Can one change from 489 to 457 even if one is waiting for grant in 489.
cc
Bellong, Bnimz NNBB 2012, Jamson, mctowel01, iceberg 54....etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (607)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.