Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208623 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 4:02am On Oct 12, 2017
Based on what I have read on this platform, I discovered that most people that applied for assessment by EA only paid for standard CDR assessment with fast track and excluded fees for assessment of work experience. They claim that DIBP will do the work experience assessment.

For me, I have about 9 years working experience and I need the points from work experience.
1. Do I include fees for work experience assessment when submitting my application to EA?
2. If eventually I do not pay for work experience assessment, can I claim points when submitting an EOI?

Thank you house for your prompt response.

@Bnimz and Jamson, I sent you PMs as I seek your professional advice being an Electrical Engr. pls respond. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 12, 2017
udz:

Ur email bounced back, check and correct.
Sorry man, it's double "e" not triple. Koleefem05atyahoodotcom. Thanks a lot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:45am On Oct 12, 2017
Yahwehgbemi:
Based on what I have read on this platform, I discovered that most people that applied for assessment by EA only paid for standard CDR assessment with fast track and excluded fees for assessment of work experience. They claim that DIBP will do the work experience assessment.

For me, I have about 9 years working experience and I need the points from work experience.
1. Do I include fees for work experience assessment when submitting my application to EA?
2. If eventually I do not pay for work experience assessment, can I claim points when submitting an EOI?

Thank you house for your prompt response.

@Bnimz and Jamson, I sent you PMs as I seek your professional advice being an Electrical Engr. pls respond. Thanks
Assess your employment. The same documents you used for the assessment are required by DIBP ( as regards claiming points for work). Your years of experience will be stated on your assessment letter. Not sure what that of EA looks like though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tkos: 7:08am On Oct 12, 2017
My own case, i did assessment of my work experience with EA to actually know my fate, because i combined Chemical Engineering & Cost Estimating Experience. All years was recognized by EA. Lesson learnt is that always align your job description with the ANZCO code.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tkos: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Assess your employment. The same documents you used for the assessment are required by DIBP ( as regards claiming points for work). Your years of experience will be stated on your assessment letter. Not sure what that of EA looks like though.
My own case, i did assessment of my work experience with EA to actually know my fate, because i combined Chemical Engineering & Cost Estimating Experience. All years was recognized by EA. Lesson learnt is that always align your job description with the ANZCO code.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:25am On Oct 12, 2017
Good hour fellas, so I'm about submitting my CDR again but can only find one slot to upload additional files. How do I do it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:41am On Oct 12, 2017
okdee:
Please what does N/A for accountants indicate

It means no information on invitation status for that round
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Yahwehgbemi:
Based on what I have read on this platform,

Will check and revert shortly.

Just do the regular MSA and claim your work points with DIBP only. Better chances at maximum work points and less cost of assessment

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
Alphadoor:
October 4th Round result.

Non pro rata still at 65, like play like this is yet to drop after 7 rounds

http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/04-october-2017-round-results.aspx

uncle alphadoor!...ayamm greeting you...#walkingaway..lol

Make una beg this man for advise if you are in the IT field oh.hehehe

meanwhile for computer network guys(2361..) ..what does that date really mean? they have been taking backlogs from February abi?
70 points is a must for sharp ITA oh.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by authenticdmj(m): 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hi Mr Jelmushboy. Please i will like to have an idea of how the valed house document looks like. also, do you just have to submitt only the value certificate or with other house document?

jelmusboy:
I submitted all the documents they requested for. For POF, I used my Uncle's house valued (#7.5M) by an Estate Valuer in my name and some British Pounds in my account (am in the UK) totalling AUD$53,000 (Oanda converter). I gave them six months statement.

Also, I certified all documents.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dannycrane77: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
bellong:
This thread aims at providing guide, instructions and genuine advice to prospective applicants for Australian permanent resident visa through the skilled migration program. For those looking to apply for study (student) visa, the link below will be more useful as it has enough information about applying to schools and Australian study visa. This new thread is specifically for permanent resident visa application.

Prospective students, follow this thread.. https://www.nairaland.com/2338380/general-australian-visa-enquiries-part

By way of introduction, Australia has a number of pathway to getting permanent resident status but the easiest is the skilled migration. Skilled migration, as the name implies means opportunity for both "academic skilled and technical skilled" people to migrate legally and permanently to Australia. The program was originally designed to address skill shortages in the country generally, so they came up with a system that attracts people who can meet the minimum requirements.

There are five visa subclass in the skilled migration pathway namely Subclass 189 (Independent), 190 (State sponsored), 489 (Regional/nominated provisional), 132 (Business Talent) and 188 (Business Innovation and investment, provisional). I will be talking strictly on the first three. See link for Australian Border Force's website for the skilled migration.. http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

The three visa subclass, 189, 190 and 489 are for professionals, technologists, artisans and trade workers who can meet up to minimum of 60points for 189, 55points for 190 and 50 points for 489. I will explain how the points are calculated, occupation list and application in the subsequent posts.

Please, avoid sending PMs, except for special circumstances, ask your question on this thread so others can benefit from it to prevent unnecessary repetition of questions. Thanks.

For easy access, I have attached the following documents . There will not be need resending or asking if people do read.

1, Reference letter sample
2, Statutory declaration sample
3, Vetasses general occupations list/instructions

DISCLAIMER:

THE CONTENTS OF THIS THREAD ARE STRICTLY THE OPINIONS OF THE AUTHOR. NONE SHOULD BE TAKEN AS MIGRATION ADVICE. FOR MIGRATION ADVICE.

Good day, Please I want you submit an assesment to australian engineers. I have a bachelor's degree in natural Gas engineering. But am a little bit confused under the pathway for migration skill assesment. Please which pathway should I pick.between Washington, Sydney,Dublin accord qualifications. By d way my degree is from uniport. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
Misoke:

uncle alphadoor!...ayamm greeting you...#walkingaway..lol

Make una beg this man for advise if you are in the IT field oh.hehehe

meanwhile for computer network guys(2361..) ..what does that date really mean? they have been taking backlogs from February abi?
70 points is a must for sharp ITA oh.

cool lipsrsealed
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by STAugustineOf13(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
mamajaz:

Somebody to get there for me bro.

Everyone is busy around here.
It would be hard or else the office is not far from where someone like me resides..

State the location for me to know.
And are you not in Nigeria at all?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Okdee sorry I had difficulty responding to you PM.

What about your experience? You left that out in your computation.

I will advise you assess through either CAAnz or CPA as External Auditor or Accountant (depending on your work experience).

I think you have a better chance with External Auditor though.

okdee:
hello house

Looking to assess: Auditor as my nominated qualification, which currently requires 75points
I am 27yrs
Bsc Accounting (Nigerian University)
Msc Accounting and finance (University in England)
ACCA membership
English looking to score maximum mark (test booked)

English: 20 points
Degree: 15 points

will i still be eligible to get 10 points for my professional qualification as it is recognized by the assessing body?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
dannycrane77:

Good day, Please I want you submit an assesment to australian engineers. I have a bachelor's degree in natural Gas engineering. But am a little bit confused under the pathway for migration skill assesment. Please which pathway should I pick.between Washington, Sydney,Dublin accord qualifications. By d way my degree is from uniport. Thanks

Nigerian degrees do not qualify for the accredited qualification pathway (the accords). You will need to write CDR. Download the MSA booklet for more info and guide.

Do you have any work experience? You can use that to write the report and claim some years of experience OR use your IT, NYSC or final year project to write your report.

Just post any further clarification(s) you might need here.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dannycrane77: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
zanyzara:

Nigerian degrees do not qualify for the accredited qualification pathway (the accords). You will need to write CDR. Download the MSA booklet for more info and guide.

Do you have any work experience? You can use that to write the report and claim some years of experience OR use your IT, NYSC or final year project to write your report.

Thank you zany. Yes I have 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. Please how do I go about it.I need further clarifications.

Just post any further clarification(s) you might need here.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
adesunloye11:
Good morning family I urgently need sample of job reference letter kindly send it to my email address thankz . adesunloye11@gmail.com

Pls help someone out here am still yet to get a sample. Thanks

Dr Adesunloye??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
[quote author=dannycrane77 post=61353346][/quote]

Download the MSA booklet from Engineers Australia website for more info and guide.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
adeolabilkis002:
Hello family

Thank you all for the good work.Please is there anyone who knows any tax officer that I can reach out to for some clarification on a few information.

Thank you

08086959584 Yemi -Ijora Office

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
udz:

Just reply with url.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gudxson: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hello House,

Kindly help assess the below:

Age 32.
Professional experience (currently Finance Mgr) - 9 years
Cert/Qual. - OND (accounting), ACCA member.
IELTS - to be booked (upon your assessment)

Any hope for me?

Lastly, please help me out, i think am lost on the process. Upon writing the above exam, do i just go ahead and apply for the EOI or there're other steps to complete?

Thanks you all.

Experts in the house, i await your response. Pls help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
tkos:

@tkos, any nominations yet?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tkos: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
No, waiting patiently for point to drop to 60.
majiouk2002:

@tkos, any nominations yet?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
jayooh:
Good hour fellas, so I'm about submitting my CDR again but can only find one slot to upload additional files. How do I do it?
Pls Engineers any lead on the above matter?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
jayooh:

Pls Engineers any lead on the above matter?
Have you tried to upload more than one file in the one slot provided and its not allowing you? Try that first.
Or you may have to merge all the files. Or better still you may talk to your assessor how he wants you to attach it. Call EA, you will be routed to your assessor.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
jayooh:

If you see one slot to upload a file, what you should upload would be stated there. But if not stated, then contact EA and you will get to your assessor.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
zanyzara:

Have you tried to upload more than one file in the one slot provided and its not allowing you? Try that first.
Or you may have to merge all the files. Or better still you may talk to your assessor how he wants you to attach it. Call EA, you will be routed to your assessor.

Zany.

OK thanks, I think I will just submit and wait for him/her to request it.
Michaelamo:

If you see one slot to upload a file, what you should upload would be stated there. But if not stated, then contact EA and you will get to your assessor.
Thanks. I just wanna attach evidence of employment upon which my latest episode is based.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by okdee: 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
Thanks for the reply,

As for my experience, I have just 3 years from multiple (4) organizations. Obtaining reference from all 4 will take a while, hence toking to see if i can do away with it.

Yes points required for Auditor is lower, thinking of going for that.

toslad:
Okdee sorry I had difficulty responding to you PM.

What about your experience? You left that out in your computation.

I will advise you assess through either CAAnz or CPA as External Auditor or Accountant (depending on your work experience).

I think you have a better chance with External Auditor though.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
[quote author=Cottyekundayo post=61336694]

thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
tkos:

thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
jamson:

Will check and revert shortly.

Just do the regular MSA and claim your work points with DIBP only. Better chances at maximum work points and less cost of assessment

I look forward to your response.

How do I know points I will be claiming when submitting my EOI if EA does not do work experience assessment?
I am sure of less cost of assessment but dont understand better chances at maximum work points.
Is DIBP also involved in Skill assessment thereby giving me choices to select from the options of EA or DIBP?
Help clarify these questions Sir.
Thanks Sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.