Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204378 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by geostrata(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
uchenna2017:
For qualification ....if your university is in tier 1 then you can claim 15point if not 10point it is which is still ok for the occupation.

For experience... Just pray that vetassess doesn't remove any years from your experience so I suggest you read will on English to get 20point this will cover for experience as long as you got positive assessment.

Good luck.

quote author=geostrata post=62527005]Hello Team,

Have been following this trend for a while and am impressed with the quality of information gotten. however I intend to start my application soon, just need one or two clarifications

1). Age : less than 30years old - 30points

2). Qualifications: BSc geology, my preferred occupation is earth science technician assessed by Vetassess from wat I read on their Vetassess site a minimum of AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) is wat is needed for this occupation. y I should claim 15 points after the assessment.

3). experience : 3 years post qualification experience, hopefully 5points claim

4) English Test: not done yet but at least 10points should b claimed

Hopefully total points should be 60points

wat category of visa can I apply for with this points? secondly I learnt this occupation is only available in the Northern territory

your feedback will be appreciated

thanks
Thanks for your response, well I graduated from Uniben, but since the minimum requirement is AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) my degree should fit into any of the 3 wen converted to enable me claim 15points

I pray no years of experience will be dropped, I will clock 4years in December.

with 55 points... which visa class can i apply for? do I need 60 points to apply for Independent visa?

Is it a must that I should show evidence of financial capacity in the visa process?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gracelevel: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
zanyzara:

In addition to Uchenna2017 post, project admin is also nominated by Tasmania for 190 and 489 and on special list in SA. Read the requirements and see which will be better for you/hubby.

Read page 0-3 to understand the process better.

Zany.

Thank you. Will still study again
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
No dear some university have higher ground than others, uniben among others are seen as associate degree which gives you 10point and not 15point Except it's a 5years course then you are good to go with the 15point.

Let's hope for the best with vetasess as per experience don't forget to align your Jd with that of Anzsco code.

With 55 point you can nominate for state sponsorship 190 visa 5point will be added for you to have 60point,but first you need to find the states sponsoring this occupation.

For proof of fund it depends on the state you choose some don't require POF.

All the best.

quote author=geostrata post=62528190]
Thanks for your response, well I graduated from Uniben, but since the minimum requirement is AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) my degree should fit into any of the 3 wen converted to enable me claim 15points

with 55 points... which visa class can i apply for? do I need 60 points to apply for Independent visa?

Is it a must that I should show evidence of financial capacity in the visa process?[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fatima04: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
I will advise you try canada PR route because your LLB increases ur chances combined with good ielts dough. Good luck

[quote author=gracelevel post=62478084]

Thanks Zany.
Please do I have a chance or my husband should be the principal?
Me Education .
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gracelevel: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
diggy4real:

Yes....I did that today...I read it takes up to 8 weeks to get an outcome... Let me watch and see. The skill select site has finally awarded me the 10points for work experience. How is your assessment going?
Hi diggy4real
Please can you help share light on applying for Visa 489 nominated by Tasmania.
Its like it's the only state for my nominated occupation
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Eladua:

Because you can't successfully pay online with your card I guess. But if you can, then you should get yours from their site.
Ok thanks.dors buying the voucher from people mean you can write the exam any day you want?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ezilytina(f): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
Good evening house, pls has anyone applied with an educational skill( teaching)? If yes how did u go about d initial teacher education qualification bcus it is one of the qualifications I need in order to proceed for my assessment. I nominate for a secondary school teacher. How did u obtain d letter or cert from ur sch? or does anyone in the house know how I can get it? Kinda confused
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ezilytina:
Good evening house, pls has anyone applied with an educational skill( teaching)? If yes how did u go about d initial teacher education qualification bcus it is one of the qualifications I need in order to proceed for my assessment. I nominate for a secondary school teacher. How did u obtain d letter or cert from ur sch? or does anyone in the house know how I can get it? Kinda confused

I believe that is your Bachelor of education qualification.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gracelevel: 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
fatima04:
I will advise you try canada PR route because your LLB increases ur chances combined with good ielts dough. Good luck

Thanks fatima
always found Canada immigration very confusing and cumbersome. ..but I will look into it
Thanks again
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by everdeen(f): 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
Good evening everyone, my cousin wants to apply for Australian PR next year, is N2 million enough for a single unmarried applicant?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NPCG: 11:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
Glad to be here,
Please I'm an optometrist,25 by next year... No job experience... From the little thing I can grab from this thread as a newbie I discovered I need 60 points to be invited and also to he registered in Australia board of optometrists....so first I need a general advice based on my details
Second is must I get registered before being granted visa or can I get the visa and get registered while in Australia because it seems there are some exams to be written before being registered.
3rdly....if it gets hard to go in as an optometrist, can I go in through another skill and how are skills proven...
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NPCG: 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
Please I graduated from uniben,studied optometry meaning I need to be registered with Australian board of optometrists, no year of experience,will be 25 next year....please I need advice from anybody who had such experience in times past...

uchenna2017:
No dear some university have higher ground than others, uniben among others are seen as associate degree which gives you 10point and not 15point Except it's a 5years course then you are good to go with the 15point.

Let's hope for the best with vetasess as per experience don't forget to align your Jd with that of Anzsco code.

With 55 point you can nominate for state sponsorship 190 visa 5point will be added for you to have 60point,but first you need to find the states sponsoring this occupation.

For proof of fund it depends on the state you choose some don't require POF.

All the best.

quote author=geostrata post=62528190]

Is it a must that I should show evidence of financial capacity in the visa process?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ceechedah: 7:09am On Nov 20, 2017
okdee:
Hello, I'm doing my assessment with CPA,

1. yes the $453 is for both qualification and experience assessment, I had a positive assessment for qualifications but requested additional documentation for experience which I recently forwarded to them.

2. I paid with a foreign card as it was the most convenient for me, but i don't think you'll have problems with payment.

3. My ACCA was assessed to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelors degree, I believe ICAN will similar faith, and yes its not compulsory.

4. I don't know

God bless you my brother Okdee
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NPCG: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2017
Please what about optometrists, do we need to register to the Australian board before heading for assessment or is it the same as nursing where you can go in first before doing a transitory course.....with the code they made it clear that registration or licensing is required but I don't know how I can register from nigeria

OmogeNG:

As a nurse with a degree from a Nigerian university, you will need to do a transition course of at least 3mths. This transition course will be done at a University in Australia.

It might be more than 3mths though. When you submit your documents to ANMAC, they will advise you of which stream you qualify for...3mths, 6mths or 1yr.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ezilytina(f): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2017
bellong:

I believe that is your Bachelor of education qualification.
OK . Tank you Sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2017
stepo707:

Ok thanks.dors buying the voucher from people mean you can write the exam any day you want?
Sure.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Abbey1987: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2017
The gurus in da house, I need a honest advice from the house. My student visa was denied based on the fact that my first degree doesnt align with my choosing Master course. Geology and social work respectively. I intend to reapply to a difft schools with relatively close degree with that of my first degree.. What's are my chance of getting the grants now? I'm so shattered d with the denial but I have to move on from it and hold my self to make some reasonable decisions ahead of the future.. Thanks
Cc Mr bellong
Mamajaz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2017
This journey is not a sprint but a marathon. It requires dedication, hardwork, time and perseverance.

No Guts. No Glory. No Legend. No Story.

While we await the next draw on November 22nd, here comes GRANTS recorded on this thread and still counting…………..

Jukeblam
Tyosho
Malkingburg
Sammywemmy
Cuteannie02
Akinnawou
Pinoralia
Kempguy47
Sesal
Oknee
Ome240
Jamson
Bolaobby
Vinsmuft
Chidike
Incemay
Martinoonline
Funkyjo
Catchdwind4rmkd
Bnimz
Greeneophyte
Majiouk2002
Baenoz
Disectur
Yoctek
Eladua
Blitzenkreig66
Royal54
Doyen06
Yeeshas
Babylove01
Samge
Duch1020
Ozymigrant
Sofi05
Iceberg54
Lalaazo
Nosula
Teejah80
Omooloriredade
Hephziebah
Sujydee
Ibiyemiara
Humanshado
Ifexsco
Kamotisha
Mctowel01
Yinlak
Johnsontade
Scrollmeout
Hordunayodt
SallyAUS
Afolaseg

#Be.Inspired #Hope.Alive #Light.In.The.Tunnel #Keep.Keeping.On #Note.To.Self

cc Alphadoor; Folatem; Mamajaz; Spyroxy1; Bornlegend; Koleefem05; Jayooh; Cottyekundayo; Babahameedah; Trastar

Zany.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2017
Abbey1987:
The gurus in da house, I need a honest advice from the house. My student visa was denied based on the fact that my first degree doesnt align with my choosing Master course. Geology and social work respectively. I intend to reapply to a difft schools with relatively close degree with that of my first degree.. What's are my chance of getting the grants now? I'm so shattered d with the denial but I have to move on from it and hold my self to make some reasonable decisions ahead of the future.. Thanks
Cc Mr bellong
Mamajaz

I am sorry, only DIBP official can give you a confident response on your question.

I have no idea. I guess you didn't address the reasons you wanted to switch career in your SOP.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 10:47am On Nov 20, 2017
Pls I just tried paying and it told me declined for pte website.how can I get the voucher?
Am in Abuja
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 11:20am On Nov 20, 2017
zanyzara:
This journey is not a sprint but a marathon. It requires dedication, hardwork, time and perseverance.

No Guts. No Glory. No Legend. No Story.

While we await the next draw on November 22nd, here comes GRANTS recorded on this thread and still counting…………..

Jukeblam
Tyosho
Malkingburg
Sammywemmy
Cuteannie02
Akinnawou
Pinoralia
Kempguy47
Sesal
Oknee
Ome240
Jamson
Bolaobby
Vinsmuft
Chidike
Incemay
Martinoonline
Funkyjo
Catchdwind4rmkd
Bnimz
Greeneophyte
Majiouk2002
Baenoz
Disectur
Yoctek
Eladua
Blitzenkreig66
Royal54
Doyen06
Yeeshas
Babylove01
Samge
Duch1020
Ozymigrant
Sofi05
Iceberg54
Lalaazo
Nosula
Teejah80
Omooloriredade
Hephziebah
Sujydee
Ibiyemiara
Humanshado
Ifexsco
Kamotisha
Mctowel01
Yinlak
Johnsontade
Scrollmeout
Hordunayodt

#Be.Inspired #Hope.Alive #Light.In.The.Tunnel #Keep.Keeping.On #Note.To.Self

cc Alphadoor; Folatem; Mamajaz; Spyroxy1; Bornlegend; Koleefem05; Jayooh; Cottyekundayo; Babahameedah; Trastar

Zany.

Dear God almighty, please let my grant be added to this list soonest in Jesus name. Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
Amenooo seconded

Phlunter01:

Dear God almighty, please let my grant be added to this list soonest in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
Phlunter01:

Everyone will smile

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
everdeen:
Good evening everyone, my cousin wants to apply for Australian PR next year, is N2 million enough for a single unmarried applicant?

It should be enough as long as air ticket is not included.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello Electrical Engineers in the house.
Please kindly assist with a successful cdr sample. I am currently writing mine and need a guide.

If you from another engineering department with a successful cdr, you can still help.

I am writing my cdr based on school project so something similar will be preferred.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
majiouk2002:

You may contact me (majiouk2002@yahoo.co.uk) for a voucher for #51,500
I have emailed you bro.waiting for ur reply so I can pay.am interested in Abuja centre for December 21st
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
It is enough including air ticket with enough change.

victree4:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 2:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
It can actually cover air travel as well.
Lemme break it down.
I was charged 288naira to 1 aud when I paid using my Gtb card for assessment recently
That means visa fees =3600aud =1,036,800
Accessment assuming 1000aud=288,000
Medical. =52k (?)
Police report. =5k (max)
PTE =52k
Transcript collection and misc. = 50k (or less)
All of these is less than 1.5M.
And ppl have bought tix for less than 400k through IOM here..
So yes. 2M will do

victree4:

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
Majiojk delivered and I got my test date booked.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by geostrata(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Please which occupation listed on TRA or ACS is closely related to a BSC in geology degree angry angry angry

@uchenna2017

did u submit POF and have a pre-employment wen u submitted for NT nomination?

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.