Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204567 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2017
zanyzara:

Use the MSA booklet as a guide. Click here for some CDR samples.

Zany.

Thanks Zany. That link was very useful. If EA accepts some of those cdr as simple as they look, then mine is more than okay.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 11:42am On Nov 22, 2017
victree4:

Thanks Zany. That link was very useful. If EA accepts some of those cdr as simple as they look, then mine is more than okay.
It's actually not rocket science. People are just scared to start. Just make sure you address the competency elements in the summary statement very well.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 22, 2017
Hello, can i get scholarship with my neco result to an Australian school.

My account is zero but i hope to work and earn there. Pharmacy school has frustrated me here.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Please, in a case whereby the minimum point for the latest draw is 70, is it advisable for someone whose highest possible point is/will be 65 to continue? As in, is there hope for someone with 65 points?
I hope one will not get stuck in the system, after paying for assessment and other things, waiting for his or her time to come. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rinzylee(m): 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
Funnicator:
Hello, can i get scholarship with my neco result to an Australian school.

My account is zero but i hope to work and earn there. Pharmacy school has frustrated me here.

Maybe you should start by RENAMING yourself... Australia may not want FUNNICATORS

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2017
rinzylee:

Maybe you should start by RENAMING yourself... Australia may not want FUNNICATORS

Please I'm using a friend's account.

I don't have account on nairaland.
Can someone help and answer.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Please, in a case whereby the minimum point for the latest draw is 70, is it advisable for someone whose highest possible point is/will be 65 to continue? As in, is there hope for someone with 65 points?
I hope one will not get stuck in the system, after paying for assessment and other things, waiting for his or her time to come. Thanks

This is a good question bro but I believe the cutoff will still drop to the normal 60.if not now, @ least within the next few months. And assessment is valid for 1 year or so.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
korlahwarleh:

Excellent question

Even at 85 pts nothing is guaranteed until it comes to past.

As for whether there is hope for persons with 65pts, its neither a YES or a NO. its complicated depending on Occupation and cut-off, as different criteria applies to different occupation.
Example:
An accountant with 65 pts on a 189 queue is really in a bad spot because on a queue where people with 70/75 are waiting 3 to 6 months to get invited.
but if same person is an agric scientist with 65pts.. its only a matter of time..

However, my advise to you is..... if its 65pts you can claim for now, go ahead and pursue the points, it will enable to access either 189 or 190 or 489.

Despite the high unemployment rate in the country.. people are still earning degree certificate every other day.

Please don't be discouraged by the current statistics, its quite harsh at the moment, trust me i know ..........but nothing is written in stone.

The rules changes all the time... and when it does in your favor .... its better to be well positioned to take that opportunity immediately.

#HustleOn

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alphadoor:

Excellent question

Even at 85 pts nothing is guaranteed until it comes to past.

As for whether there is hope for persons with 65pts, its neither a YES or a NO. its complicated depending on Occupation and cut-off, as different criteria applies to different occupation.
Example:
An accountant with 65 pts on a 189 queue is really in a bad spot because on a queue where people with 70/75 are waiting 3 to 6 months to get invited.
but if same person is an agric scientist with 65pts.. its only a matter of time..

However, my advise to you is..... if its 65pts you can claim for now, go ahead and pursue the points, it will enable to access either 189 or 190 or 489.

Despite the high unemployment rate in the country.. people are still earning degree certificate every other day.

Please don't be discouraged by the current statistics, its quite harsh at the moment, trust me i know ..........but nothing is written in stone.

The rules changes all the time... and when it does in your favor .... its better to be well positioned to take that opportunity immediately.

#HustleOn

Adding to this, your 65 points can be good enough for a 190 or 489 with some states.. I believe once u begin to feel ur chances are low with 189, start considering other options. Spousal point is another thing to consider as well..
God help us all. Amin..

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spawne: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
Alphadoor:

Other occupations (E.g chemical engineer) are grouped as non pro rata .... minimum point is 70
I actually think it's 65 at the moment. It all depends on when you joined the pool.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
korlahwarleh:

For non pro-rata occupations, I don't think 70 Pts will be permanent. I think that happened because they reduced the number of invitations this month. Let's see what December holds.
I also read three new visa class that was formerly lodged in person was added to Immiaccount. Maybe this is all part of the upgrade or whatever system they are working on..
So let's stay hopeful.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
I'm fully back now. After I don talk to that man to step down from the throne in Zimb, I will go offline for a while again to talk to Bu to follow suit, and 'll finally go to DIBP to drop points to 60 again. I've been waiting for Alphadoor's and others ITAs as I dey wait for phlunter01's, Teewhysafe's and others grants. Nah so I dey wait for AHPRA's positive too.
Make I go hibernate for prayer mountain again.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
mamajaz:
I'm fully back now. After I don talk to that man to step down from the throne in Zimb, I will go offline for a while again to talk to Bu to follow suit, and 'll finally go to DIBP to drop points to 60 again. I've been waiting for Alphadoor's and others ITAs as I dey wait for phlunter01's, Teewhysafe's and others grants. Nah so I dey wait for AHPRA's positive too.
Make I go hibernate for prayer mountain again.

Mama ooooooooooo.
All will be well
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
majiouk2002:

Ok bro details confirmed. Please contact me ASAP for the voucher. best of luck in tour exams.

Amin. I just sent you an email with an address bearing my name.

Kindly contact me with the voucher details .

I look forward to receiving the information.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
grin

Welcome back sis it will all end in praise

quote author=mamajaz post=62620300]I'm fully back now. After I don talk to that man to step down from the throne in Zimb, I will go offline for a while again to talk to Bu to follow suit, and 'll finally go to DIBP to drop points to 60 again. I've been waiting for Alphadoor's and others ITAs as I dey wait for phlunter01's, Teewhysafe's and others grants. Nah so I dey wait for AHPRA's positive too.
Make I go hibernate for prayer mountain again.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dykodd: 9:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone. Good job you guys are doing. I apologise for the long post but I'm actually looking for some pieces of advice concerning the occupation to nominate. Let me break down my details...
- Studied Materials & Metallurgical Engineering (Metallurgy option) (FUTO 2009)
- I'm aiming for Visa 189 or 489 (family nominated), I have a brother who's a permanent residence holder in Australia and he lives in NSW. So he will nominate me.
- Both 189 and 489 (family nominated) require ones occupation to be on MLTSSL.
-My course of study is not on the MLTSSL, what they have there is "Materials Engineer"
-My question is...should I nominate "Engineering Technologist" since it's on the MLTSSL or should I go ahead and nominate "Materials Engineer"?

Note: There are two types of 489, one is family nominated (MLTSSL only) while the other is state/territory nominated.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by darebims: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
koleefem05:
Non pro rata occupations at 70 points? Interesting and scary at the same time. More scary is the fact that more states are removing Agric Consultant from both 190 and 489....#sigh. Anyhow dey do am, we all must land in Aussie. Forward ever.

Yeah it's more scary and I'm still stuck cause PTE keeps disappointing.

If you are a single male with 60 or 65 points and your occupation is on mltssl, but still needs extra 5 points for ITA, send me a PM let's collabo, or email my username atyahoodotcom

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 12:27am On Nov 23, 2017
majiouk2002:

Oga I didn't get your email o

I have sent several emails to you bro. please check and get back to me asap.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 5:06am On Nov 23, 2017
@koleefem05

A sis needs your help. Kindly assist if you can. She will pm you.

CC; fanne.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 23, 2017
zanyzara:
@koleefem05
A sis needs your help. Kindly assist if you can. She will pm you.
CC; fanne.
Zany.
I’m just a mail away.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 5:38am On Nov 23, 2017
koleefem05:
I’m just a mail away.
Chop knuckle like my brother alphadoor will say cheesy cheesy cheesy

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 9:04am On Nov 23, 2017
Dykodd:
Hi everyone. Good job you guys are doing. I apologise for the long post but I'm actually looking for some pieces of advice concerning the occupation to nominate. Let me break down my details...
- I'm aiming for Visa 189 or 489 (family nominated), I have a brother who's a permanent residence holder in Australia and he lives in NSW. So he will nominate me.
-My course of study is not on the MLTSSL, what they have there is "Materials Engineer"
-My question is...should I nominate "Engineering Technologist" since it's on the MLTSSL or should I go ahead and nominate "Materials Engineer"?

Note: There are two types of 489, one is family nominated (MLTSSL only) while the other is state/territory nominated.

Erm, courses aren't really what to look for on the list na..it's more of occupation..if you studied Materials and metallurgical engr, doesn't that make u "material/ mettalurgical engineer?".
I'm just curious myself..like I'm asking you back..are these two different things and we non-engineers don't get it?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 23, 2017
zanyzara:

Chop knuckle like my brother alphadoor will say cheesy cheesy cheesy
Zany.
@zany...got her pm, but mailer demon on replying. Let her just add atyahoodotcom to my moniker.
Cc: Fanne
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nosula: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2017
Dykodd:

Its Chemical/Materials Engineer. So Your occupation is on the list. A Bachelors degree in Materials & Metallurgical Engineering meets the educational requirement for a Materials Engineer. Go ahead and submit your assessment to Engineers Australia. I hope this helps. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stanlo300: 11:14am On Nov 23, 2017
Dykodd:

Welcome on board.go ahead and nomimate material Engineering, i graduated from FUTO, the same option and got positive outcome from EA as a material Engineer.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dykodd: 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Thanks a lot, you are far too kind!
nosula:

Its Chemical/Materials Engineer. So Your occupation is on the list. A Bachelors degree in Materials & Metallurgical Engineering meets the educational requirement for a Materials Engineer. Go ahead and submit your assessment to Engineers Australia. I hope this helps. Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dykodd: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
OK boss. Thanks a lot. If it won't be so much burden on you, I'd like to get in touch with you...to get a sample of your CDR. Kindly drop your email or better still, buzz me on ejibedike@gmail.com. Thanks once again!!!

stanlo300:

Welcome on board.go ahead and nomimate material Engineering, i graduated from FUTO, the same option and got positive outcome from EA as a material Engineer.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fanne: 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
@ koleefem05,

Hi Koleefem05, am unable to add to your moniker. I can only send the automated mail.

Thanks

Fanne
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
majiouk2002:

Please check your email. Voucher sent.

Also send a receipt confirmation.

Voucher received. Thank you so much
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by BlackMimir: 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
That moment when Iscah will just making scary predictions lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.