Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206963 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by juliet002: 11:21am On Mar 15, 2018
Good day house, I’ve been following this thread though I won’t claim to have perused it to the last page yet but I’m very impressed, Kudos to you all.

Please are there nurses in the house who have applied or are in the process of the PR thing? I’d love to relate with them and others too. Thank you all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 15, 2018
wapu:
Sometime last two weeks I came here and cried that we got negative assessment from ACS.
Alphadoor and Azy123 came to my rescue (God bless you beyond measures).

Today I got a positive assessment with 8years given to us.
Age-30
English-20
Degree-15
Experience-15
Total points now 80points.

Azy123 and Alphadoor I really need to hug you guys. I don't know how to say thank you.
hello wapu ..congrats ..can i have a look at your cpd please?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Favoured17: 12:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hello Spyroxy 1. Pls i need PTE-A voucher and Mock Test Kit.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rudyislife: 12:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
I need info concerning Australia visit visa,is it possible to change status from Visit Visa to Student Visa?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hello,

Pls, Can someone with an accounting degree get positive assessment without experience and masters?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
BADNEAT:
hello wapu ..congrats ..can i have a look at your cpd please?

I don't understand what you mean by cpd.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omotayofaye7: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
Please I need someone to put me through , I just want to start with my Australia skill migration, I’m a welder in South Africa with 2 years experience, I have a Bsc in URP..... I’m 27, what’s my point with this and do I need to come to Nigeria to apply ? Do I need to write IETLs exams or what , someone should please me through please

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alexxiss: 1:27am On Mar 16, 2018
Hello everyone, you guys are doing a great job here. I have taken time to go through some parts of the thread but I need your advice.

My husband will be the principal applicant. He has a BSc in Economics from OAU, ICAN and 7 years experience as an Auditor/Accountant.

Education: 15 points
English: hopefully 20 points
Experience: 10 points
Total: 75 points

1) Please what are his chances? Will his degree fly or must he have a degree in accounting to qualify? And what occupation do you advice with his profile; Internal Auditor or Accountant?

2) I have read here about people having issues with VETAsses ( getting associate degree and cutting years of experience), Would this apply in our case?

3) Also, do you think it's worth it with 75 points considering the recent high points requirements for those occupations?

4) Are there any states nominating any of those occupations that do not require a job offer?

I'm sorry for asking too.much, but I want to be sure of what to do before we start.

Thanks a lot in anticipation...

Cc:
Bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 16, 2018
wapu:

I don't understand what you mean by cpd.
continuing professional Development
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 16, 2018
BADNEAT:
continuing professional Development

I was assessed by ACS vial RPL I have no idea what this CPD is about I'm sorry.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 16, 2018
wapu:

I was assessed by ACS vial RPL I have no idea what this CPD is about I'm sorry.
okay bro..its with Engineering...Thanks alot anyways..welcome to sydney when u come

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2018
juliet002:
Good day house, I’ve been following this thread though I won’t claim to have perused it to the last page yet but I’m very impressed, Kudos to you all.

Please are there nurses in the house who have applied or are in the process of the PR thing? I’d love to relate with them and others too. Thank you all.

@Mamajaz over to you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 9:24am On Mar 16, 2018
bornlegend:
Hello,

Pls, Can someone with an accounting degree get positive assessment without experience and masters?

The way the trend is right now for the Accountant occupation, I don't know how you can manage to garner those high points without experience. But let the account here make inputs.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 9:26am On Mar 16, 2018
Omotayofaye7:
Please I need someone to put me through , I just want to start with my Australia skill migration, I’m a welder in South Africa with 2 years experience, I have a Bsc in URP..... I’m 27, what’s my point with this and do I need to come to Nigeria to apply ? Do I need to write IETLs exams or what , someone should please me through please

Go back to page 0 and read to page 2. It's all spelt out there.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 11:23am On Mar 16, 2018
Michaelamo:

The way the trend is right now for the Accountant occupation, I don't know how you can manage to garner those high points without experience. But let the account here make inputs.

Thanks for the input. It is actually for partner points
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 11:39am On Mar 16, 2018
@ bornlegend,

The requirement for accounting includes one year experience. However, I have read of so many people that got their education assessed positively by CPA on expatforum.

So I will say it is likely possible to get positive qualification assessment without the requisite experience.

You may send mail to the assessing body.

All the best!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2018
Alexxiss:
Hello everyone, you guys are doing a great job here. I have taken time to go through some parts of the thread but I need your advice.

My husband will be the principal applicant. He has a BSc in Economics from OAU, ICAN and 7 years experience as an Auditor/Accountant.

Education: 15 points
English: hopefully 20 points
Experience: 10 points
Total: 75 points

1) Please what are his chances? Will his degree fly or must he have a degree in accounting to qualify? And what occupation do you advice with his profile; Internal Auditor or Accountant?

2) I have read here about people having issues with VETAsses ( getting associate degree and cutting years of experience), Would this apply in our case?

3) Also, do you think it's worth it with 75 points considering the recent high points requirements for those occupations?

4) Are there any states nominating any of those occupations that do not require a job offer?

I'm sorry for asking too.much, but I want to be sure of what to do before we start.

Thanks a lot in anticipation...

Cc:
Bellong

@ Alexxiss

1a) Your hubby has a good chance

1b) His degree will fly with CPA or ICAA. He graduated from the Only African University (aka Oba Awon University). Hence, his degree is like the Harvard of Africa. Help shout Great Ife!!! 3 times to him when he's back home. So many would have paid a fortune to attend that school.

1c) He can go for General Accountant or External Auditor (External Auditor and Internal Auditor possess the same skill set). I however recommend External Auditor as Accountants invitation is currently frozen.

2. This is the reason I suggest he goes for Gen. Accountant or External Auditor to avoid vetasses wahala. Cheaper, faster and favourable outcome

3. YES. Its very much worth it. You can assess your own qualification and add 5 points to his (If your occupation is on the list). Alternatively, he can go for state sponsorship and with 75 points + 5 points SS, he will most likely get it within a month

4. Yes. NSW have Accountant and Auditors on their priority list and they do not require job offer.

So whatever he wants to do, he should do quickly as rumour mills have it that changes (massive ones) are coming to the immigration process.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rapture07: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Made up my mind to leave this country after lots of thinking, come to think about the treasure trove of information I find in this forum. Congratulations to those who have succeeded. I begin my journey today and will share my story soon.
Already encountered my First challenge , my studied course microbiology isn't among the listed occupation, am also a sales rep for a Phama based coy, and it also isn't listed in Any of the categories.
But am not about to give up.
Pls guys is there anyway around this?

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
praiseisgood:
@ bornlegend,

The requirement for accounting includes one year experience. However, I have read of so many people that got their education assessed positively by CPA on expatforum.

So I will say it is likely possible to get positive qualification assessment without the requisite experience.

You may send mail to the assessing body.

All the best!

Noted. Thank You.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Favoured17: 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
@Spyroxy 1 pls help me i need PTE A voucher.&Mock Kits. Pls reply naa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2018
Good day house.I got ITA through Tasmania 489 provincial nomination. I'm a little bit confused about medicals,especially generating HAP ID.I'm aware I will do that through my immi account after health declaration .Its a family of three,would I generate HAP ID for the other two family members?If yes,would it be thru my immi account or I would have to create immi account for them,then generate their own HAP ID.Abeg,make una clear my novice mind.Thanks

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2018
Delovy:
Good day house.I got ITA through Tasmania 489 provincial nomination. I'm a little bit confused about medicals,especially generating HAP ID.I'm aware I will do that through my immi account after health declaration .Its a family of three,would I generate HAP ID for the other two family members?If yes,would it be thru my immi account or I would have to create immi account for them,then generate their own HAP ID.Abeg,make una clear my novice mind.Thanks

congratulations!!!! Pls, what occupation did you apply with?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 10:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Delovy:
Congrats.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Delovy(f): 11:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
Congratulations to u too diggy

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jydeez(m): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2018
Hello fam, I applied to vetassess since September 2017, and up to today the best I have heard is a mail to forward transcript and verified cert directly from uni (which I have done)in january and I got a call from them days ago asking about job roles and function which I answered as I have submitted.

The thing is I have been expecting them to reach my company hr to verify my job roles (do they really do that?) instead they called me.

Do they take up to 7 months for assessment?

Am trying to believe it is a positive sign after all the wait.
Please is there anyone with similar experience? please advice.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
Delovy:
Its a family of three,would I generate HAP ID for the other two family members?If yes,would it be thru my immi account or I would have to create immi account for them,then generate their own HAP ID.Abeg,make una clear my novice mind.Thanks

Congrats. Yes, you have to generate for the other two members if you are adding them to your application. Which actually makes more sense. You can generate all HAP ID through one (your) account, since you are the primary applicant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alexxiss: 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! for the very detailed response. It has helped a whole lot. I appreciate. #OftheGreatestIfe

I welcome every other opinion. Thank You!!!
praiseisgood:

@ Alexxiss

1a) Your hubby has a good chance

1b) His degree will fly with CPA or ICAA. He graduated from the Only African University (aka Oba Awon University). Hence, his degree is like the Harvard of Africa. Help shout Great Ife!!! 3 times to him when he's back home. So many would have paid a fortune to attend that school.

1c) He can go for General Accountant or External Auditor (External Auditor and Internal Auditor possess the same skill set). I however recommend External Auditor as Accountants invitation is currently frozen.

2. This is the reason I suggest he goes for Gen. Accountant or External Auditor to avoid vetasses wahala. Cheaper, faster and favourable outcome

3. YES. Its very much worth it. You can assess your own qualification and add 5 points to his (If your occupation is on the list). Alternatively, he can go for state sponsorship and with 75 points + 5 points SS, he will most likely get it within a month

4. Yes. NSW have Accountant and Auditors on their priority list and they do not require job offer.

So whatever he wants to do, he should do quickly as rumour mills have it that changes (massive ones) are coming to the immigration process.

It will end in praise.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Favoured17:
Hello Spyroxy 1. Pls i need PTE-A voucher and Mock Test Kit.

please PM me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
Alexxiss:
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! for the very detailed response. It has helped a whole lot. I appreciate. #OftheGreatestIfe

I welcome every other opinion. Thank You!!!

Identified!!! #OftheGreatestGboGBo

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
Delovy:
Good day house.I got ITA through Tasmania 489 provincial nomination. I'm a little bit confused about,make una clear my novice mind.Thanks

Please follow @michaelamo advice, its a bit tricky though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:02am On Mar 18, 2018
If you have the plan to seek for South Australia's nomination, the time to do it is now.

The Liberal party has won the state's election yesterday after 16years of Labour party's domination. It is not uncommon for Liberals to blame immigrants for every problem facing their jurisdiction. Therefore, it will not be long before the state's nomination list is revisited.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by candycush(m): 6:23am On Mar 18, 2018
jydeez:
Hello fam, I applied to vetassess since September 2017, and up to today the best I have heard is a mail to forward transcript and verified cert directly from uni (which I have done)in january and I got a call from them days ago asking about job roles and function which I answered as I have submitted.

The thing is I have been expecting them to reach my company hr to verify my job roles (do they really do that?) instead they called me.

Do they take up to 7 months for assessment?

Am trying to believe it is a positive sign after all the wait.
Please is there anyone with similar experience? please advice.
I also got a mail asking for my Transcript which i sent since january. I applied since january and d first feedback is ds email. We can connect as were in same shoes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.