Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208776 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 6:25am On Oct 31, 2016
KIKIADE:
Hello e-family,

just got a positive outcome from TRA with 19 years experience. I want to specially thank everyone. Thanks for the encouragement and support.

congrats

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 7:01am On Oct 31, 2016
KIKIADE
pls, How many companies reference letters did you submit for the 19 years experience?
KIKIADE:
Hello e-family,

just got a positive outcome from TRA with 19 years experience. I want to specially thank everyone. Thanks for the encouragement and support.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:06am On Oct 31, 2016
Thanks to all for the greetings. Well appreciated..

@Kikiade,

Good on you.. on to the next stage - 15 points assured from experience
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:19am On Oct 31, 2016
Prolivingproof:
KIKIADE
pls, How many companies reference letters did you submit for the 19 years experience?

You need not ask this question..

You have to submit reference letters from any company/experience you want to claim experience and points from.

HE will submit letter from all the companies he listed the experience as relevant
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 8:26am On Oct 31, 2016
bellong
welcome back, I hope u had a wonderful celebration?
Thanks for your response.
I have altogether 12 years post Bachelors degree work experience, thought they only consider the. past 10 years of work experience, that is where my question is driving at. That means, I can submit Reference for the 12yrs I guess
bellong:

You need not ask this question..

You have to submit reference letters from any company/experience you want to claim experience and points from.

HE will submit letter from all the companies he listed the experience as relevant
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:45am On Oct 31, 2016
Prolivingproof:
bellong
welcome back, I hope u had a wonderful celebration?
Thanks for your response.
I have altogether 12 years post Bachelors degree work experience, thought they only consider the. past 10 years of work experience, that is where my question is driving at. That means, I can submit Reference for the 12yrs I guess

Assessing authorities use the last 10 years to assess skills as that is reasonably recent. However, you can claim points for all your experience if the authority doesn't cut off some years from it like ACS normally do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2016
Good morning Bellong, Trust you enjoyed your double celebration. I apologise for sending this late. Na circumstances beyond my control.

Death dealt me a deadly blow on Wednesday as I lost my immediate elder sister on Wednesday night!

Very painful but we have to move on.

She left behind two children whose responsibility largely rests on me. Please I need your advice if I can include them in our application and if yes, what steps can we take?

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2016
@Ifexsco,

As a permanent resident, you can start a business if you want. The process of business registration is simple and straight forward. Go to Australian Taxation Office's (ATO) website, register for an ABN (Australian Business Number) just like an individual register for TFN.

Once you register for an ABN, you can start your business as you will then be charged tax as a business entity. It may not be that straight forward depending on the kind of business you plan to start but if it is buying and selling and other small businesses, the process is simple.

I may not be the best to issue advice as per business because my interest lies somewhere else. However, for every business, I know for sure that it is better to first understand your target market before jumping in. One of the best ways to make money in this country is to engage in government business through delivering social services which is what I am looking at.

You have to consider your interest, business appetite and knowledge before entering into the market. SO on what kind of business to do, I don't think anyone can offer advice to another on that as I do not know what you can do or where your interest lies but certainly you can start a business if you have the resources.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2016
Congrats bro, pls when did you receive your acknowledgement letter and what date was written on the acknowledgement letter? when did you receive the outcome?

KIKIADE:
Hello e-family,

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sftt: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2016
Hey my people @Bellong,

Kindly advise on the payment system to use for Vetasses as this issue with Nigerian Banks. How do we make the payment Kind of urgent pls.

bellong:
@Ifexsco,

As a permanent resident, you can start a business if you want. The process of business registration is simple and straight forward. Go to Australian Taxation Office's (ATO) website, register for an ABN (Australian Business Number) just like an individual register for TFN.

Once you register for an ABN, you can start your business as you will then be charged tax as a business entity. It may not be that straight forward depending on the kind of business you plan to start but if it is buying and selling and other small businesses, the process is simple.

I may not be the best to issue advice as per business because my interest lies somewhere else. However, for every business, I know for sure that it is better to first understand your target market before jumping in. One of the best ways to make money in this country is to engage in government business through delivering social services which is what I am looking at.

You have to consider your interest, business appetite and knowledge before entering into the market. SO on what kind of business to do, I don't think anyone can offer advice to another on that as I do not know what you can do or where your interest lies but certainly you can start a business if you have the resources.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2016
Thanks Chairman
bellong:

Assessing authorities use the last 10 years to assess skills as that is reasonably recent. However, you can claim points for all your experience if the authority doesn't cut off some years from it like ACS normally do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2016
@Toslad,

May her soul rest in peace. I pray God give the family strength and fortitude to bear the loss... Accept my heartfelt condolence.

As per custody, yes you can but you have to proof you have been taking care of them prior to their mother's death or you have been granted their custody by providing legal documents to support your claim.

What of their father?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2016
sftt:
Hey my people @Bellong,

Kindly advise on the payment system to use for Vetasses as this issue with Nigerian Banks. How do we make the payment Kind of urgent pls.

If you have a domiciliary account, get a dollar card, buy dollars from the black market and pay with it.

or find someone here who will pay for you and you pay the Naira equivalent to his/her Nigeria account.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2016
Thank you so much Bellong for your usual prompt and concise response and Amen to your prayers.

Their father is a sailor and he is hardly available.

bellong:
@Toslad,

May her soul rest in peace. I pray God give the family strength and fortitude to bear the loss... Accept my heartfelt condolence.

As per custody, yes you can but you have to proof you have been taking care of them prior to their mother's death or you have been granted their custody by providing legal documents to support your claim.

What of their father?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sftt: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2016
Please please pleaaaaaasssse. I am in need of 810 Aud for vetassess assessment. If there is anyone who can help so i pay the naira equivalent. This will be so much appreciated. Thanks.

bellong:

Hold on for VETASSES to conclude their modified advisory service before submitting for full assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:42am On Oct 31, 2016
toslad:
Thank you so much Bellong for your usual prompt and concise response and Amen to your prayers.

Their father is a sailor and he is hardly available.

That is not enough reason to grant you custody.

Well, the fathers will have to release them to you. I believe your lawyer will be able to guide you through the process.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adesolami36: 11:14am On Oct 31, 2016
sftt:
Please please pleaaaaaasssse. I am in need of 810 Aud for vetassess assessment. If there is anyone who can help so i pay the naira equivalent. This will be so much appreciated. Thanks.

DM me maybe I could be of help.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by flgd: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
i have a Bachelors degree in PHYSICS, however my work experience has been in banking for about 8 years. In what field can i apply please as it's only medical physics that is available on the sol.... is it possible to apply under internal audit or accounting?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
bellong:
@Ifexsco,

Thanks so much for the info. I will take it up from here. Thasks once again!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by HIDDENSECRECY: 12:30am On Nov 01, 2016
Please My good people.
Where can one certify copies of original documents for assessment abeg?

Any one that know of any court around VI, kindly tell me the area abeg.

Can the documents be certified in a police station? Abeg make una help me ohh, I need to finish this tomorrow.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:39am On Nov 01, 2016
HIDDENSECRECY:
Please My good people.

Can the documents be certified in a police station? Abeg make una help me ohh, I need to finish this tomorrow.

Which body are you assessing with?

You don't need to certify the documents if you are uploading coloured original.

Google can help you with court address

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 5:47am On Nov 01, 2016
ONE
Prolivingproof:
KIKIADE
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 5:49am On Nov 01, 2016
THANKS
bellong:
Thanks to all for the greetings. Well appreciated..

@Kikiade,

Good on you.. on to the next stage - 15 points assured from experience
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 5:55am On Nov 01, 2016
Sir,
I received the acknowledgement letter on August 26 and the outcome very late on October 30
afolaseg:
Congrats bro, pls when did you receive your acknowledgement letter and what date was written on the acknowledgement letter? when did you receive the outcome?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 6:13am On Nov 01, 2016
Hello All,
how can I get job offers in OZ from Nigeria, is it even possible, one of the requirements for almost all the states in OZ.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2016
Thanks for your response sir, i am actually asking for the date written on the acknowledgment letter not the date you received it because some people receive late. the date is written below. that is the date they always start counting the processing days. pls help me with the information. Thanks.

KIKIADE:
Sir,
I received the acknowledgment letter on August 26 and the outcome very late on October 30
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adesolami36: 9:48am On Nov 01, 2016
HIDDENSECRECY:
Please My good people.

Just go to the stated address and call that number, he will certify all your documents genuinely but make sure you negotiate your price well.
Please don't go through any third party (agent) we Yoruba call them 'baranda pple' was once in that shoe and I was ripped off for certifying documents, I later found out that they go to the man to do it on your behalf and they get the larger share of what you paid.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by HIDDENSECRECY: 10:01am On Nov 01, 2016
My brother, its ACS ohh.
see the reply I got from ACS below ohh.
One guy here submitted scanned copy of his crendentilas for assessment, so I tolled his line nah, since he got positive assessment.
Mind you my transcripts and certificate nah coloured ohh. Me self just dey wonder!!

"A stamp is required on the certified copy to signify that it is a true copy of the original document.
The following information is required on each page of the certified copy:
• The words “Certified True Copy of the Original”
• The signature of the certifying person
• The name, date and provider or registration number or designation (eg: Police Officer) of the certifying person.
Legal professionals and embassy officials can provide further information regarding certifying documents outside Australia.

Please upload the following documents into the online application form in PDF format:
• Certified copy of ALL documents

If there is no response within 30 days of this notification, your application will not be able to be assessed.
"
bellong:

Which body are you assessing with?

You don't need to certify the documents if you are uploading coloured original.

Google can help you with court address
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
grin it's my turn to testify, I got my grant today!!!
I woke up this morning to d good news, u can't imagine how excited I am.

Here goes my time-line :
Ielts :L8.5,R9.0,W7.0,S7.5, (8.0 overall) -10 points
Skills assessment :10/08/16(agric consultant, 3.7 years, assessment took 4months)
EOI: 12/08/16 (60 POINTS)
ITA:17/08/16
LODGED:10/10/6(delay due exchange rate.)
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED except pcc and medicals :12/10/16
PCC: 25/10/16
MEDICALS UPLOADED :26/10 /16
DIRECT GRANT:01/11/16(subclass 189)

I am saying a huge thank you to Mr bellong and everyone whose post I have read on this thread and particularly to the nice lady ADESOLAMI36, who helped me overcome the exchange rate issue when I was helpless. May God bless you all

My advice to everyone in the process of application is to carefully read every post here and adhere to the invaluable advice provided., and don't give up, Urs shall come soon.

23 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=cuteannie02 post=50683927] grin it's my turn to testify, I got my grant today!!!

Here goes my time-line :
Skills assessment :10/08/16(agric consultant, 3.7 years, assessment took 4months)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is kinda fast. Wishing you the best.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
cuteannie02:
grin it's my turn to testify, I got my grant today!!!

Here goes my time-line :

I am saying a huge thank you to Mr bellong and everyone whose post I have read on this thread and particularly to the nice lady ADESOLAMI36, who helped me overcome the exchange rate issue when I was helpless. May God bless you all

My advice to everyone in the process of application is to carefully read every post here and adhere to the invaluable advice provided., and don't give up, Urs shall come soon.

Congrats.. Wish you well...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adesunloye11(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Am not just tapping into your testimony am Porting into it am happy for u congrt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.