Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204259 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
Big congrats my brother. It will end in Praise. This is another laudable PTE testimony. grin

Bnimz:

THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE

I took PTE-A on the 19th of October. My result just showed up...literally 10 minutes ago.

Listening - 90
Reading - 90
Speaking - 90
Writing - 90

Grammar - 90
Oral Fluency - 89
Pronunciation -90
Spelling - 90
Vocabulary - 90
Communicative Skills - 90
Enabling Skills - 90
Written Discourse - 90

grin grin grin grin grin

Chai.. well, okay... Funny thing is I had nightmares about this stuff just last night... Anyway,

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me when IELTS knacked me with the dreaded 7.5..

Awaiting EA assessment outcome.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
mamajaz:

Oga, u no dey respond for pm ni?

I dey respond o.. I never see any PM in the last 12 hours... Probably Nairaland never forward am

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jimcollins136: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
someone should assist with this request.

My employer are unwilling to issue me with a reference letter stating my roles / responsibilities as this against the company policy.

The only person available to sign for me is on the same level with me. Can i or my colleague of the same level sign the statutory declaration since i have all other documents like, tax clearance, pay slips, employment, promotion, confirmation, etc to support the claim.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:26am On Oct 25, 2016
^^^^ Yes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LezDiva(f): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2016
jimcollins136:
someone should assist with this request.

My employer are unwilling to issue me with a reference letter stating my roles / responsibilities as this against the company policy.

The only person available to sign for me is on the same level with me. Can i or my colleague of the same level sign the statutory declaration since i have all other documents like, tax clearance, pay slips, employment, promotion, confirmation, etc to support the claim.

I sent you a pm. kindly reply
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ideamaster(m): 11:27am On Oct 25, 2016
malkinburg:
Hi all, i am glad to finally make this post. The migration journey for me just ended.

grant: 24.10.16

Congrats bro. We are following your footsteps.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello All,
My Previous employer (a bank) declined to address my reference letter to: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN asking that I give a specific address.
Which address can I give that will be general as I don't want to be stuck. Currently not on 189 but might wait till I am on 189 and don't want to keep going back to the employer.

Urgent response will be appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
ajiifixing:
Hello All,
My Previous employer (a bank) declined to address my reference letter to: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN asking that I give a specific address.
Which address can I give that will be general as I don't want to be stuck. Currently not on 189 but might wait till I am on 189 and don't want to keep going back to the employer.

Urgent response will be appreciated.
@bolded,

What are you talking about?

The letter can be addressed to the assessing authority. You can use same letter for visa application.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
bellong:

@bolded,

What are you talking about?

The letter can be addressed to the assessing authority. You can use same letter for visa application.

Thanks @bellong. The assessing authority in this case means VETASSESS,AIM,ACS etc?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
Good evening all,

Attached are two word documents. The word document is template for writing an employment reference letter. This is what I submitted to VETASSES and I believe it can be used for other bodies as it contains all the information needed.

The 2nd document explains how to write a CV that meets the country's standard. I observed that all the CV sent to me for review contain personal discriminatory info like age, sex, religion etc. You don't include such here. Follow the instructions in the file and you will write a good CV.

It is pertinent to note that as CV is important, cover letter is much more important. A good cover letter will always land you an interview. Recruiters read your cover letter first to decide if your CV is worth looking at. Always work on your cover letter by convincingly addressing the selection criteria stated in the job advert.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
This is a short advice for new arrivals and everyone alike. I believe everybody knows that on arrival, you register on ATO website for Tax File Number (TFN) very important else you will be charged maximum tax. You should get it in the post within 1-2 weeks.

2. Register with Medicare and you will be given a temporary card till the permanent is posted within two weeks. Go to centrelink and register for the Family Tax benefits (which includes rent assistance) if you are married with child/children and Child care benefits. Even if you are not married, still register with them. For every other benefits, there is a-104 week waiting period before being entitled to them. For further read, check human services website or google centrelink.

3. Have a plan of what you want to do on arrival. Yes, you can get any job to pay the bills initially but don't just sit on it if it is not what you want to do. No matter how long it takes, keep applying for that particular position you want, along the line you will learn how to improve the quality of your application. If you are considering a career change, don't jump in with bandwagon who will advise you to study Nursing. There are so many good courses to study aside Nursing. Let your motivation be interest and passion. Good thing is you get to pay domestic fee and can pay on installment. Make sure you have a plan when you arrive and follow it through.

4. For utilities, compare the prices of all providers and choose the best (cheapest) to save cost. You can get unlimited broadband for as low as $60/month. You can also get an android TV box on ebay for $50 upward depending, it is what I use to watch live matches and all movies. Though I got a foxtel, I am doing away with it. The box only needs an internet and you have world of entertainment before you.

5. Every state does what is called homestay program for international students. If you have a spare room in your house, you can register with the department for education in your state to host international students. South Australia pays host $250/week, I have no idea of other states. Your only obligation is to feed them and make them feel at home. If it is something you want to do, you can join the program to save cost and make little change.

6. Networking is one of the easiest ways to get job. You will be surprised how connection get people jobs without going through the rigours of job application. Network with people in your field and it could be one of the best things for you.

Will update when I have more reasonable advice..

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
My wife got a positive assessment from CA today. Took about 20 days and the application was via email.

Thanks to the gurus in the house and others who gave us useful tips and encouragement.

cc: kubbiebrownie, angiesteve, mrsdee, Bimpsy99, bellong

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
@Bellong, Very informative! Thanks Boss!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 1:39am On Oct 26, 2016
Is there any CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER in this forum who has received a positive assessment from VETASSESS. Just getting my documents ready for submission to VETASSESS. I have obtained a 5year B.Eng degree in Building and Construction Engineering Technology under Civil Engineering and Msc in Structural Design and Construction Management. Worked for 5years before the Msc course and 7years after the MSc course. In all i have worked as a construction Manager for 9years i.e 2years before MSc and 7years after MSc.
The point is , I understand all the processes involved in this pathway to PR, but the qualification and work experience assessment are the issues i need opinions, 'cos' haven't seen anyone mention this job title in all the pages of this thread which i have judiciously perused that makes me shiver.

My appreciation to these men and women dishing out their precious and valuable time to educate and encourage others in this forum @bellong

bellong:
Good evening all,
Attached are two word documents. The word document is template for writing an employment reference letter. This is what I submitted to VETASSES and I believe it can be used for other bodies as it contains all the information needed.
The 2nd document explains how to write a CV that meets the country's standard. I observed that all the CV sent to me for review contain personal discriminatory info like age, sex, religion etc. You don't include such here. Follow the instructions in the file and you will write a good CV.
It is pertinent to note that as CV is important, cover letter is much more important. A good cover letter will always land you an interview. Recruiters read your cover letter first to decide if your CV is worth looking at. Always work on your cover letter by convincingly addressing the selection criteria stated in the job advert.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 2:16am On Oct 26, 2016
bellong:

This is a short advice for new arrivals and everyone alike. I believe everybody knows that on arrival, you register on ATO website for Tax File Number (TFN) very important else you will be charged maximum tax. You should get it in the post within 1-2 weeks.

2. Register with Medicare and you will be given a temporary card till the permanent is posted within two weeks. Go to centrelink and register for the Family Tax benefits (which includes rent assistance) if you are married with child/children and Child care benefits. Even if you are not married, still register with them. For every other benefits, there is a-104 week waiting period before being entitled to them. For further read, check human services website or google centrelink.

3. Have a plan of what you want to do on arrival. Yes, you can get any job to pay the bills initially but don't just sit on it if it is not what you want to do. No matter how long it takes, keep applying for that particular position you want, along the line you will learn how to improve the quality of your application. If you are considering a career change, don't jump in with bandwagon who will advise you to study Nursing. There are so many good courses to study aside Nursing. Let your motivation be interest and passion. Good thing is you get to pay domestic fee and can pay on installment. Make sure you have a plan when you arrive and follow it through.

4. For utilities, compare the prices of all providers and choose the best (cheapest) to save cost. You can get unlimited broadband for as low as $60/month. You can also get an android TV box on ebay for $50 upward depending, it is what I use to watch live matches and all movies. Though I got a foxtel, I am doing away with it. The box only needs an internet and you have world of entertainment before you.

5. Every state does what is called homestay program for international students. If you have a spare room in your house, you can register with the department for education in your state to host international students. South Australia pays host $250/week, I have no idea of other states. Your only obligation is to feed them and make them feel at home. If it is something you want to do, you can join the program to save cost and make little change.

6. Networking is one of the easiest ways to get job. You will be surprised how connection get people jobs without going through the rigours of job application. Network with people in your field and it could be one of the best things for you.

Thanks so much Sir for your Counsel,Advice and Quality Information to Us....Well Noted. Thanks n God bless u.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jimcollins136: 4:22am On Oct 26, 2016
LezDiva:

I sent you a pm. kindly reply

i didn't receive any PM from you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 4:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Prolivingproof:
Is there any CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER in this forum who has received a positive assessment from VETASSESS. Just getting my documents ready for submission to VETASSESS. I have obtained a 5year B.Eng degree in Building and Construction Engineering Technology under Civil Engineering and Msc in Structural Design and Construction Management. Worked for 5years before the Msc course and 7years after the MSc course. In all i have worked as a construction Manager for 9years i.e 2years before MSc and 7years after MSc.
The point is , I understand all the processes involved in this pathway to PR, but the qualification and work experience assessment are the issues i need opinions, 'cos' haven't seen anyone mention this job title in all the pages of this thread which i have judiciously perused that makes me shiver.

My appreciation to these men and women dishing out their precious and valuable time to educate and encourage others in this forum @bellong

Why not look at your B.Eng transcript critically and see if you can be assessed as a civil engineer under EA. If you really need work points, align your tasks as well to those of civil engineers on the anzsco task list and do away with VETASSESS

Going by people's opinions here, EA is easier and faster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 5:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Very timely info. Thanks a lot.
bellong:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 7:30am On Oct 26, 2016

jamson:

Why not look at your B.Eng transcript critically and see if you can be assessed as a civil engineer under EA. If you really need work points, align your tasks as well to those of civil engineers on the anzsco task list and do away with VETASSESS

Going by people's opinions here, EA is easier and faster.

@jamson, thanks for that idea I never gave it a thought. Definitely, it is possible, but my concern is getting a reference from my employer that will align with ANZSCO job tasks of a civil engineer, because i need the experience points. All i have been doing in the past 10years is purely construction management. Not sure whether construction manager title will fly with civil engineer title.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Prolivingproof,

Which university did you finish from?

With the five year degree, you shouldn't have problem with VETASSES.

You don't need to add your MSc so you can claim maximum points from your work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iambiola(m): 8:56am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello to everybody In the house,
I need advice and suggestion,
Am I eligible for a PR? Am 27years of age, have a 2 years Work experience as an accountant, after which I have a 3 years banking experience, Making it 5years experience in all, I Don't really know much about the PR. Would appreciate response and guideline, thank u,
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:29am On Oct 26, 2016
iambiola:
Hello to everybody In the house,
I need advice and suggestion,
Am I eligible for a PR? Am 27years of age, have a 2 years Work experience as an accountant, after which I have a 3 years banking experience, Making it 5years experience in all, I Don't really know much about the PR. Would appreciate response and guideline, thank u,

You don't have to know anything about it, you only need to read. What you need and all information are on the thread. Take time to read. No has got time for spoon-feeding

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:40am On Oct 26, 2016
Na this kind thing I no like. you dont start reading a thread from the last page.. haba. i started from page zero.. that time na 54 pages e dey.. it took me 3 days and by the time I was done, thread don reach page 56... .. make people dey browse through the thread before posting questions.. it really helps.

in other news, I remembered some more PTE-A tips..

MICROPHONE PLACEMENT.

na wetin dey lower scores pass be this... The computer does not understand BREATHING SOUNDS....

Your score gets lowered A LITTLE for every hesitation, repetition, pronunciation error or grammatical blunder..
The score gets lowered DRASTICALLY for every single thing you say that DOES NOT SOUND LIKE ENGLISH AT ALL..

so, you see where the microphone wahala dey..

if your mic is in front of your mouth, na problem... because, even though you might not be breathing through your mouth, (obviously not grin ), when you pronounce consonant sounds like 'P' , 'B', your mouth pushes air out.. These sounds are called 'PLOSIVE sounds by PTE-A, and they are the primary reason for low speaking scores..

I've seen posts online advising people to put the mic above the nose.. while this might indeed work, seeing a microphone in your peripheral vision while "reading aloud" for example can cause confusion or hesitation.. imagine make the mic don cover part of a pie chart you suppose describe... precious seconds will be wasted getting it out of the way..

Personally, I think the best mic position is under the chin.. I looked at pictures of pilots, customer service reps,, generally, na below the mouth dem dey put mic.. I got my clearest recordings when the mic was below my chin.

P.S. if you con get "Father Abraham" kinda beard grin position am such that the beard doesnt scratch the mic o... that is worse grin grin grin

CHEERS smiley smiley

10 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2016
Wow! Great wealth of information shared. Thank you Sir

bellong:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Bnimz:
Na this kind thing I no like. you dont start reading a thread from the last page.. haba. i started from page zero.. that time na 54 pages e dey.. it took me 3 days and by the time I was done, thread don reach page 56... .. make people dey browse through the thread before posting questions.. it really helps.

in other news, I remembered some more PTE-A tips..

MICROPHONE PLACEMENT.

na wetin dey lower scores pass be this... The computer does not understand BREATHING SOUNDS....

Your score gets lowered A LITTLE for every hesitation, repetition, pronunciation error or grammatical blunder..
The score gets lowered DRASTICALLY for every single thing you say that DOES NOT SOUND LIKE ENGLISH AT ALL..

so, you see where the microphone wahala dey..

if your mic is in front of your mouth, na problem... because, even though you might not be breathing through your mouth, (obviously not grin ), when you pronounce consonant sounds like 'P' , 'B', your mouth pushes air out.. These sounds are called 'PLOSIVE sounds by PTE-A, and they are the primary reason for low speaking scores..

I've seen posts online advising people to put the mic above the nose.. while this might indeed work, seeing a microphone in your peripheral vision while "reading aloud" for example can cause confusion or hesitation.. imagine make the mic don cover part of a pie chart you suppose describe... precious seconds will be wasted getting it out of the way..

Personally, I think the best mic position is under the chin.. I looked at pictures of pilots, customer service reps,, generally, na below the mouth dem dey put mic.. I got my clearest recordings when the mic was below my chin.

P.S. if you con get "Father Abraham" kinda beard grin position am such that the beard doesnt scratch the mic o... that is worse grin grin grin

CHEERS smiley smiley

Lolz. Thanks for the heads up though
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2016
bellong:
Prolivingproof,

Which university did you finish from?

With the five year degree, you shouldn't have problem with VETASSES.

You don't need to add your MSc so you can claim maximum points from your work experience.

@bellong
Thanks for the response.
I finished from FUTO (Federal University of Technology, Owerri) B.Eng and MSc from Kingston University London.
I was wondering if the Construction management component of the MSc will give the Job Title assessment a boast
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:33am On Oct 26, 2016
Prolivingproof:

@bellong
Thanks for the response.
I finished from FUTO (Federal University of Technology, Owerri) B.Eng and MSc from Kingston University London.
I was wondering if the Construction management component of the MSc will give the Job Title assessment a boast

You can submit your MSc then.. you are good to go. Should get a positive assessment. I reckon VETASSES will only go you the post MSc experience which is not bad for 10points
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cutiefy: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello, did ur wife use ICAN result to apply for CA assessment
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cutiefy: 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
40manlappy:
My wife got a positive assessment from CA today. Took about 20 days and the application was via email.

Thanks to the gurus in the house and others who gave us useful tips and encouragement.

cc: kubbiebrownie, angiesteve, mrsdee, Bimpsy99, bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
cutiefy:

Yes she did but it was in addition to her BSc:ACA certificate, ICAN transcript and letter of good standing from the institute.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 3:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
@40manlappy,

Congrats but didnt she use her transcript from school?

Yes she did but it was in addition to her BSc:ACA certificate, ICAN transcript and letter of good standing from the institute.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cutiefy: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
40manlappy:

Yes she did but it was in addition to her BSc:ACA certificate, ICAN transcript and letter of good standing from the institute.
OK, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.