Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening (1007 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by HardMirror(m): 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
I remember my days as a member of ASF (Anglican Students' Fellowship) FUTA.
How we go on out-reaches and hold revivals in rural areas across Ondo State.

2010, We literally prayed down Lightening and it came. I recall how we jubilated and were excited that our god indeed answers by fire.

www.nairaland.com/3053116/lightning-kills-women-church-imo
That is a link to the story of how lightening killed 2 young, beautiful ladies recently in Imo State. This incidence brings a lot of questions to fore.

1. Why will a god strike people worshiping him?
Because that is what he does. At least he struck down a man trying to keep the ark of covenant from falling. Imagine that. God's ark wanted to fall and a man tried to hold it so it won't fall and god killed him INSTANTLY!
Lol
Forgive me for laughing. But this is damn funny. Only a psycho would kill someone trying to help him don't you think? Lol.

Well. I am no longer a christian. Cos I realized that we attribute coincidences to god that does not exist. Even if he or it did exist, it's so obvious god is not the god any religion worships now.

2. Why did they rush the pastor to an hospital? Does it mean god destroys and science repairs?
The hospital was able to revive the poor man and save him from death that would have followed.
Interesting indeed.
Why did they not cry to god to save him? Oh! It was god that struck him in the first place. Lol

This is just plain funny! cheesy but I am serious. angry it aint funny.

3. We try to justify god in every situation. We always say the problem must be us. These would be what you would hear.
-they had sins god was angry about.
Lol
- they were praying wrongly
- maybe the pastor was sleeping with those girls that the lightening killed.
-it is a fake church
-it is the devil

We always venerate god. I am sure that is how the bible came about too. Bad things happen to people and religious people find every possible way to blame the victim and uphold god.

4. It is sooo obvious the lightening strike was just a coincidence. Just like every othe misfortune. Road accidents happen to good people, bad people, ANYONE! Stop thinking you are alive because god kept you. Lol.
PEOPLE DIE! BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO EVERY ONE. GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO EVERYONE! There is nothing special about being a Christian or muslim.
Good things happen to unbelievers, bad things happen to unbelievers. Same for believers. NOTHING SPECIAL.
I can die at anytime and by any means. It's no big deal!
God does not do SH!T for anyone. FACT!

5. Science has answers. Lightening conductors were invented for a reason. Proper earthing is for a reason. There is nothing special about the death of this lovely sisters. Lightening could have struck anybody. And it is preventable.

6. What would christians have said if the news was "Lightening killed herbalists while performing rituals" cheesy they would have rejoiced.
Most things you praise god for are just coincidences.

#Peaceout

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Raphafire101: 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Are u through?

1 Like

Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Marvel1206: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Yawns* Buh brother.. Is that all?

1 Like

Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by UyiIredia(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
Mtcheew . . . in other news.
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Justycxx(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
put more effort next time.
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by johnydon22(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nobody is in control of nature, it happens when ever and however. Natural manifestations are random and does not take excuses from anyone. . . An asteroid can crash into new york city not minding the people there.

So there is no plan or schedule for natural manifestations, if you are standing right at the part of a lightening you are a gonna, no two ways about it.

For people blaming the victims they are just being moro0nic because it is nobody's fault for getting struck and nobody sent those lightening, it was just nature happening and a stroke of coincidence that they were in the way.

It is wicked to blame victims ..

By the way to calculate your nearness to a lightening part in the middle of a thunder storm. Get a stop watch and time the duration between a flash of lightening and the clap of thunder that follows.

Divide by 5.. If your answer falls below 0.5 try stay inside if its above 0.6 upwards you are good.

The less the value the more chance of danger

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by KevMitnick: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Why did you lose your faith in God Op? I am only being curious because i'm also on the brink, I am hanging on by a very thin thread.

1 Like

Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Chazzyboy: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
The problem is ours Bro GOD dey
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Peritus(m): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
To copy this tune, press 1.
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by urahara(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
HardMirror:
I remember my days as a member of ASF (Anglican Students' Fellowship) FUTA.
How we go on out-reaches and hold revivals in rural areas across Ondo State.

2010, We literally prayed down Lightening and it came. I recall how we jubilated and were excited that our god indeed answers by fire.

www.nairaland.com/3053116/lightning-kills-women-church-imo
That is a link to the story of how lightening killed 2 young, beautiful ladies recently in Imo State. This incidence brings a lot of questions to fore.

1. Why will a god strike people worshiping him?
Because that is what he does. At least he struck down a man trying to keep the ark of covenant from falling. Imagine that. God's ark wanted to fall and a man tried to hold it so it won't fall and god killed him INSTANTLY!
Lol
Forgive me for laughing. But this is damn funny. Only a psycho would kill someone trying to help him don't you think? Lol.

Well. I am no longer a christian. Cos I realized that we attribute coincidences to god that does not exist. Even if he or it did exist, it's so obvious god is not the god any religion worships now.

2. Why did they rush the pastor to an hospital? Does it mean god destroys and science repairs?
The hospital was able to revive the poor man and save him from death that would have followed.
Interesting indeed.
Why did they not cry to god to save him? Oh! It was god that struck him in the first place. Lol

This is just plain funny! cheesy but I am serious. angry it aint funny.

3. We try to justify god in every situation. We always say the problem must be us. These would be what you would hear.
-they had sins god was angry about.
Lol
- they were praying wrongly
- maybe the pastor was sleeping with those girls that the lightening killed.
-it is a fake church
-it is the devil

We always venerate god. I am sure that is how the bible came about too. Bad things happen to people and religious people find every possible way to blame the victim and uphold god.

4. It is sooo obvious the lightening strike was just a coincidence. Just like every othe misfortune. Road accidents happen to good people, bad people, ANYONE! Stop thinking you are alive because god kept you. Lol.
PEOPLE DIE! BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO EVERY ONE. GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO EVERYONE! There is nothing special about being a Christian or muslim.
Good things happen to unbelievers, bad things happen to unbelievers. Same for believers. NOTHING SPECIAL.
I can die at anytime and by any means. It's no big deal!
God does not do SH!T for anyone. FACT!

5. Science has answers. Lightening conductors were invented for a reason. Proper earthing is for a reason. There is nothing special about the death of this lovely sisters. Lightening could have struck anybody. And it is preventable.

6. What would christians have said if the news was "Lightening killed herbalists while performing rituals" cheesy they would have rejoiced.
Most things you praise god for are just coincidences.

#Peaceout

Or if lightening struck down atheists

3 Likes

Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
True
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by cloudgoddess(f): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
Great post OP. Everything here is so common sense for people living in reality but for the religious it is nearly impossible to comprehend. Religion causes minds to operate off confirmation bias - seeing only what you want to see given your pre-existing beliefs, and ignoring everything else that is happening in the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2016
grin grin grin Jewish zombies will soon take over this thread grin grin grin
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by spacyzuma(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Nice post.

Thanks for sharing, HardMirror.
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by Weah96: 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
KevMitnick:
Why did you lose your faith in God Op? I am only being curious because i'm also on the brink, I am hanging on by a very thin thread.

Because he's a man of integrity and truthfulness.
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by HardMirror(m): 9:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
Raphafire101:
Are u through?
Are you thru
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by HardMirror(m): 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
Marvel1206:
Yawns* Buh brother.. Is that all?
Boring* is that all?
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by HardMirror(m): 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
johnydon22:
Nobody is in control of nature, it happens when ever and however. Natural manifestations are random and does not take excuses from anyone. . . An asteroid can crash into new york city not minding the people there.

So there is no plan or schedule for natural manifestations, if you are standing right at the part of a lightening you are a gonna, no two ways about it.

For people blaming the victims they are just being moro0nic because it is nobody's fault for getting struck and nobody sent those lightening, it was just nature happening and a stroke of coincidence that they were in the way.

It is wicked to blame victims ..

By the way to calculate your nearness to a lightening part in the middle of a thunder storm. Get a stop watch and time the duration between a flash of lightening and the clap of thunder that follows.

Divide by 5.. If your answer falls below 0.5 try stay inside if its above 0.6 upwards you are good.

The less the value the more chance of danger
Thumbs up my man
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by HardMirror(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
KevMitnick:
Lol @ thin thread.
The yorubas say "if a man asks questions, he won't miss his way"
Just take a look at threads atheists open here asking critical questions. You will see the lies in Christianity. Terrible lies.
I read the bible back to back several times as a christian and its shocking that this is a book that a loving god inspired. Sooo full of lies and evil.

See, I can't talk much here and now. I have no regret being an atheist for 5 years now. Glad I took this step.

True freedom is freedom from the delusion of religion. Only fear of hell is keeping many from taking the bold step. We can discuss better if you want. I would love to open a thread where we discuss better
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by HardMirror(m): 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
spacyzuma:
Nice post.
Thanks for sharing, HardMirror.
You welcome boss
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by HardMirror(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2016
Thank u god for this incidence
Re: Atheism. Lessons From The Church That "Prayed" Down Lightening by damogul: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Please God / Nairaland Atheist, At Which Point Did You Become Atheist / "A Religion That Teaches Lies Cannot Be True"-watchtower, December 1,1991

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.