Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Six Type Of Testimony Givers In A Typical Naija Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Six Type Of Testimony Givers In A Typical Naija Church. (861 Views)

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / 7 Interesting Facts About Sundays In A Typical Nigerian Home / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Six Type Of Testimony Givers In A Typical Naija Church. by Buzzboy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
1. They are the normal testifiers. They go straight to the point when giving their testimony. You would hear things like ' praise the Lord, I thank God for adding a year to my life. Amen.
2. The second group of people are the talkers. Despite the minister's warning that they have only 1 minute. They would start explaining everything, from the time they had their bath, to when they now enter bike to mile 12, after all their talks they may now say 'I want to thank God for giving me the grace to come to church today' mtcheeew, smh.
3. These group of people are similar to number 2 but the difference is that they say usually divert a lot from their topic. They are not straightfoward you would hear things like 'I thank God, the jehovah shama, kings of kings, for making me see my Aunty that has three children that one of them just gained admission to U.I situated in Oyo, state Ibadan close to challenge, mm erm this my Aunty went to Imo state using the young shall grow buses for transportation, for her Mother-in-law's burial, chai, and the mother in law was so good, that woman was the one that gave me 10 naira when I had no money to buy purewater, that woman eh....' then the usher would be forced to collect the mic from them.
4. These set of people are like number 3 but the only difference is that they are there to boast about their properties. You would hear ' Praise Jesus, As I was driving to the office yesterday in my Rangerover, not that my former one that I gave my Daughter, I mean the 2016 model, I saw a young boy hawking, then I brought out 25 thousand naira and gave him. I then took my I-PAD and took his picture for future purposes, but I saw that it was not clear, so I took my Gold plated Samsung s7, since I dashed my I-Phone 6 to my gateman, and then I took his pictures... They are usually very rich and proud.
5. These set are very shy, You may not even hear what they are saying on the mic. When it is getting to their turn, they will start sweating, and when they eventually manage to stand up and talk, they start stammering because all eyes are on them. These are mostly handsome and quiet guys like me ;-)
6. The last group are the singers. Just to give one testimony na wahala. They would sing and sing their heart out and show out their singing skills to that sister that they have been eyeing. They would render special number instead of giving their testimony. If it were up to them they would sing till the close of service. A scenerio happened in my church where a sister was singing, the worst thing was that her voice was bad, from key A flat to D sharp. Then the usher wanted to collect the mic forcefully but she pushed him down. It took the sound man to turn off the sound engine so that she can stop singing and also the efforts of 3 ushers to carry her out.
Which group do you belong
Feel free to add yours

1 Like

Re: The Six Type Of Testimony Givers In A Typical Naija Church. by Luckyk(f): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
no 5...lolx
Re: The Six Type Of Testimony Givers In A Typical Naija Church. by Prevho: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
You never go village church go hear varying testimonies.

Why is "testimony" sounding like "Taste the money" to me? Abi i wan blow financially oh!

>>>>> 7 Signs To Know You Have an Expired and overdue relationship

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/08/16 / Super Rich Former New Ager, Steven Bancarz’s, Radical Conversion To Follow Jesus / Is Polygamy A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.