Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever (48108 Views)

5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) / Mini Bus For Hire Purchase / UNIZIK Students Make Mini Bus From Local Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by chitosamax: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
The thought that this mini bus was designed and constructed in Nigeria, by Nigerian Engineers and not foreign Engineers, working here as expatriates; is indeed a hard one to believe, as it is looking more foreign than home made.

The thought that it was produced inside the University workshop of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, by 7 Graduate Engineers of Mechanical Engineering Department, of the Faculty of Engineering, is certainly a hard bone to swallow.

These lads have given in their best, to put up this gigantic project within a very short frame of time, and thus, it has become the talk of the town.

One will wonder how undergraduates, who know they have got very limited time to stay in the University and so, should enjoy their last days within the 4-walls of the University, still gave in to stressful and strenuous nights at the workshop, just to write their names on the sands of time.

These guys are worth all the laurels and awards in this country at this particular point in time and thus, be given immediate employment, so that their brains and zeal towards invention are kept in line.

They are:
EZEIGWE CALLISTUS CHITOO
OBINANI VICTOR CHIMDIKE
NWOBODO NNAMDI MIRACLE
OGBU THADDEUS IKENNA
OMINIGBO FIDELIS IGHO
EZEANOLUE IFEANYI EMMA
OKORO CHINAZA

Obliviously, these students are geniuses, as it is only people in that category that can put up something like this, using crude equipment and 100% local content. They improvised for barely everything that can be found in that mini bus, from the chassis to its roofing.

The bus was even test driven in front of the Minister of state for Education, Prof Anthony Onwuka and other top dignitaries present during the National Universities Commission (NUC), held in UNIZIK. This goes a long way to tell the world out there that, this is Naija's giant invention, its has been tested, and its indeed it can be trusted.

A warm kudoz! to these guys, for it is certain that a bright future awaits them. A big congratulations to their supervisor and the Head of Department at that time, Dr. C.H Achebe, for giving his boys every necessary vigor they needed to carry out this work, and above all, for being leading by example.

We wish them the best in their field of specialization, as we look forward to bringing our country on the top list of Innovators in the world.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Lol.... grin

This "mini bus" looks like one from a cartoon network grin grin grin

I wonder what's the fastest speed of this bus? shocked

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Openatyn(m): 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
Wonderful Student

13 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Galacious1: 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nice

U ehn
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin
This "mini bus" looks like from a cartoon network grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by ajalawole(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
lol........ Those guys are badest cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by zikIPE: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
Yea, they also presented it at this year's exhibition... Quite an impressive contraption it was

2 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by zikIPE: 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

with the current economic condition of Nigeria, how much can you muster to undertake such a project? Coupled with the fact that Nigerian universities don't teach jack.

Learn to appreciate people's efforts instead of ridiculing them.

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
zikIPE:
with the current economic condition of Nigeria, how much can you muster to undertake such a project? Coupled with the fact that Nigerian universities don't teach jack.

Learn to appreciate people's efforts instead of ridiculing them.

Why so grumpy? angry as if someone ate all ur Sunday tomato soup and u come up here murmuring....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Acidosis(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
We are very good at mimicking Oyinbo's products.

1000 prototypes & immovable Nigerian versions of Bugatti won't stop importation of Keke Napep from India & China.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by zikIPE: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
KashyBaby:

Why so grumpy? angry as if someone ate all ur Sunday tomato soup and u come up here murmuring....
if it was only tomato soup, i wouldn't mind....someone ate all the egusi soup in the pot angry undecided

20 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
zikIPE:
if it was only tomato soup, i wouldn't mind....someone ate all the egusi soup in the pot angry undecided

angry angry angry whoever ate it got a big mouth! I can pass u some of my fire cracker...nxtime u left ur soup somewhere u put that cracker inside the pot, whoever will eat it, his mouth will explode.... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by zikIPE: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
KashyBaby:

angry angry angry whoever ate it got a big mouth! I can pass u some of my fire cracker...nxtime u left ur soup somewhere u put that cracker inside the pot, whoever will eat it, his mouth will explode.... grin
bad idea.....i live with engineers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
zikIPE:
bad idea.....i live with engineers grin

Oohhh shocked

So all these engineers ate ur Sunday egosi soup? angry angry angry

Nottie men! angry Juz hide ur pounded yam under ur bed ,they may steal it as well...
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by nenergy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
OP, you have not communicated. You are just hailing them without giving technical information. Is it solar, battery or fuel powered? What is the speed? etc

Lastly, a link to a video of it moving.

You can't post a picture of phone and not tell us the OS at least...haba!

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by dreamworld: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nice work. I hail them

*that girl standing there if I carry that ride come marry her for her papa house. Shey she go gree follow me

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by baley(m): 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
Good pretty effort however,
it looks like Magic school bus cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Veektoria(f): 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
The joke about some engineering students and their professors in an airplane made by the students comes to mind grin grin....

Unilorin engine guys whatcha doing? grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by SpecialStar(m): 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nigeria Nigeriaaaa haaa, what a great nation we live in. Is this what we are celebrating??. Chai I wonder the punishment that will be given to someone that comes out to say this is his/her achieve as an Engineer in China..

............may God help us in this country............

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by rusher14: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
Not hating but I think we should concentrate on making one or two stroke engines from 100% locally fabricated materials.

What's the whole idea of designing the chassis of a vehicle from imported materials?

Beating metal sheets over assembled engine parts already in existence is for me not worthy technology.

Let us make simple motorcycles, wheels and pistons locally.
Ignitions, combustion engines and shock absorbers.

That is the technology.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Austin234(m): 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
I chalenge u to put up ur technological achievement. Learn to appreciate even the minut achievement

SpecialStar:
Nigeria Nigeriaaaa haaa, what a great nation we live in. Is this what we are celebrating??. Chai I wonder the punishment that will be given to someone that comes out to say this is his/her achieve as an Engineer in China..

............may God help us in this country............

3 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by GeniusDavid(m): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
KashyBaby:
Lol.... grin

Mother Of Banter!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by MilesLamar(m): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
grin breeze go blow am comot for road

1 Like

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by stteejax(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
JOKE OF THE DAY!
An old farmer wrote a letter to his son in prison. "Son, this year I will not plant cassava
and yam because I can't dig the field, I know if you were here you would have helped me". The son replied his father "Dad don't even think of digging the field because that's where I buried the money I stole".
The NIGERIAN POLICE & PRISON'S on reading this letter went early in the morning and dug the whole field in search of the money but nothing was found. The next day the son wrote his father again "Dad you can now plant your cassava and yam this is the best I can do from here."
Dad replied "haaa my son, you are too powerful indeed, even in prison you still command police men to work for me. I was so
surprised to see the IGP and his team holding hoes and shovels, digging my farm. I will write to you when I want to harvest.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by moscobabs(m): 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
Just like Toyota sienna grin
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Arizonaguy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
chitosamax:
The thought that this mini bus was designed and constructed in Nigeria, by Nigerian Engineers and not foreign Engineers, working here as expatriates; is indeed a hard one to believe, as it is looking more foreign than home made.

The thought that it was produced inside the University workshop of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, by 7 Graduate Engineers of Mechanical Engineering Department, of the Faculty of Engineering, is certainly a hard bone to swallow.

These lads have given in their best, to put up this gigantic project within a very short frame of time, and thus, it has become the talk of the town.

One will wonder how undergraduates, who know they have got very limited time to stay in the University and so, should enjoy their last days within the 4-walls of the University, still gave in to stressful and strenuous nights at the workshop, just to write their names on the sands of time.

These guys are worth all the laurels and awards in this country at this particular point in time and thus, be given immediate employment, so that their brains and zeal towards invention are kept in line.

They are:
EZEIGWE CALLISTUS CHITOO
OBINANI VICTOR CHIMDIKE
NWOBODO NNAMDI MIRACLE
OGBU THADDEUS IKENNA
OMINIGBO FIDELIS IGHO
EZEANOLUE IFEANYI EMMA
OKORO CHINAZA

Obliviously, these students are geniuses, as it is only people in that category that can put up something like this, using crude equipment and 100% local content. They improvised for barely everything that can be found in that mini bus, from the chassis to its roofing.

The bus was even test driven in front of the Minister of state for Education, Prof Anthony Onwuka and other top dignitaries present during the National Universities Commission (NUC), held in UNIZIK. This goes a long way to tell the world out there that, this is Naija's giant invention, its has been tested, and its indeed it can be trusted.

A warm kudoz! to these guys, for it is certain that a bright future awaits them. A big congratulations to their supervisor and the Head of Department at that time, Dr. C.H Achebe, for giving his boys every necessary vigor they needed to carry out this work, and above all, for being leading by example.

We wish them the best in their field of specialization, as we look forward to bringing our country on the top list of Innovators in the world.
who naija made mini bus don epp

3 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by hucienda: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nice try...

And a fine mechanical engineer there. cool

More power to all'o'y'all elbows.

1 Like

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by donholy28(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
Igbos lead others follow...Igbo kwenu!!

5 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by fortunechy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
nice one
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by Stanleywaxy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
All those criticising this fine work ... Who una EPP
Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by IamAtribalist: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
cool Encourage the young chaps please but lets not exaggerate their accomplishments cool

2 Likes

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by cardoctor(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
Unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever by 100Cents: 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
Who UNIZIK don help ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Ocean Discovered Towards The Earths Core / Manatee: Sea Cow Rescued In Lagos (Photo) / Beautiful But Deadly Poison Dart Frogs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.