Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter (602 Views)

Whogohost Or Qservers: Which Host Should I Use? (poll) / Which Nigerian Web Host Should I Choose / Blog For Sale Interested Should Enter for Negotiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by Prospecmarley(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
i exported my database and i downloaded it now i want to import it to my new host this is what popup

#1064 - You have an error in
your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near '<!
DOCTYPE html> <html
xmlns="http://
www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xml:lang="en" lang="e' at line 1
Re: Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by akinjuly77(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Am not really an expert but i can help . Firstly i will like to know if the site was moved from another host and you want to set it up on another host ...

If you already have a host and then you want to move the whole site to a new host .

Firstly install a Joomla version of the existing website I mean a fresh joomla site just as if you want to create a website with joomla .

After going through the Joomla installation process then download the configuration.php file , then delete the rest of the files .

Now upload the Existing zip file ( I mean your existing site that your wish to move ) Extract it.

Go to the database and drop the database then upload the existing site database . If you view your site at this point you should get a error relating with mysql . Just calm down you are almost done. Finally upload the Configuration file I asked you to download before then your site will load perfectly . I hope it helps. smiley
Re: Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by Prospecmarley(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
akinjuly77:
Am not really an expert but i can help . Firstly i will like to know if the site was moved from another host and you want to set it up on another host ...

If you already have a host and then you want to move the whole site to a new host .

Firstly install a Joomla version of the existing website I mean a fresh joomla site just as if you want to create a website with joomla .

After going through the Joomla installation process then download the configuration.php file , then delete the rest of the files .

Now upload the Existing zip file ( I mean your existing site that your wish to move ) Extract it.

Go to the database and drop the database then upload the existing site database . If you view your site at this point you should get a error relating with mysql . Just calm down you are almost done. Finally upload the Configuration file I asked you to download before then your site will load perfectly . I hope it helps. smiley
bro thank you for the tutorial i understood it but the place am not clear with is the database how can upload my existing database kindly throw more light on that
Re: Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by akinjuly77(m): 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Go to PHPmy admin login wotht he database details . Then you will see your databse
Re: Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by Prospecmarley(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
i know but when i uploaded the database chk my first post that was the error i got
Re: Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by akinjuly77(m): 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
The link to your site please
Re: Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by CreativeWeb(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2016
Export your database from phpmyadmin of your old host. You will have it as databaseName.sql. Then go to the phpmyadmin of the new host and import the database you earlier exported. Change the details of your configuration.php to correspond and boom, your site is up and running.
Re: Joomla Gurus That Is Good In Importing Database To New Host Should Enter by Brandwone: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
Best Web Design Firm In Portharcourt grin cool

Looking for a Web Designer in Nigeria (Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, etc.) Brandwone is Port Harcourt's best web design company.

For professional services in
- Website Design and Ecommerce website (Fully Functional, Responsive and Dynamic websites)
- Software etc

We are also a:
- Network Management Firm
- Brand Management
- Logo Design
- Graphic Design

For Professional Web Design (...and other ICT Services):
Check us out on our;
Email us: info@brandwone.com
Call us today: +234 (0)7053142558, +234 (0)7063054631

Tags:
Port Harcourt's best web design company
web design port harcourt
Ecommerce website designer in port harcourt
Top web designers in port harcourt
Web Hosting company in port harcourt

(1) (Reply)

Joomla Masters Should Enter I Have Problem With My Site After Updating It / How To Make The VSF Free Mtn 2gb Work / We Need A Professional Digital Marketer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.