Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Watermelon Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Watermelon Business (1059 Views)

Is Watermelon Business TRULY As Profitable As Claimed? / Watermelon/cucumber Training @ Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, PH And Enugu / Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watermelon Business by ismail77: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Good evening friends, I'm new on this forum and I want to be welcome.Please I need an assistance on water melon business.Am only making resarch on the business so I will be happy if someone can help out..Thanks.
Re: Watermelon Business by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
ismail77:
Good evening friends, I'm new on this forum and I want to be welcome.Please I need an assistance on water melon business.Am only making resarch on the business so I will be happy if someone can help out..Thanks.

mehn! I tried watermelon farming last year and it flopped terribly, due to late rains and inadequate planning. pls include research on the rainfall pattern for 2016 in Nigeria (most especially the region you'll be planting the crops). you can should also make provisions for irrigation facilities, it will add to the overall cost, but it will minimize loss.

vegetable farming is lucrative, yet labour intensive. its certainly not risk free, so watch yourself and don't invest what you cannot afford to loose. cheers!

PS; if you need a partner holla!
Re: Watermelon Business by ismail77: 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
Thanks bro.If I may ask did you attend any seminar before you emback on it..
Re: Watermelon Business by solbash11(m): 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
coollabman:

mehn! I tried watermelon farming last year and it flopped terribly, due to late rains and inadequate planning. pls include research on the rainfall pattern for 2016 in Nigeria (most especially the region you'll be planting the crops). you can should also make provisions for irrigation facilities, it will add to the overall cost, but it will minimize loss.

vegetable farming is lucrative, yet labour intensive. its certainly not risk free, so watch yourself and don't invest what you cannot afford to loose. cheers!

PS; if you need a partner holla!

I am impressed with how plain you're. I also got affected last year due to late rains and improper planning.

Let's relate on WhatsApp - 07035023150
or let me have your number.
Re: Watermelon Business by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 18, 2016
ismail77:
Thanks bro.If I may ask did you attend any seminar before you emback on it..

most of these so called "agricultural seminars" will never tell you everything you need to know neither will they reveal the secret about the type of farming they claim to know so much about (some of them don't even know, and want to use the seminar training fees to cover their losses). the best thing you can do is to partner with someone with enough experience and learn on the field.
Re: Watermelon Business by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 18, 2016
solbash11:

I am impressed with how plain you're. I also got affected last year due to late rains and improper planning.

Let's relate on WhatsApp - 070
or let me have your number.

I'll be in touch wink
Re: Watermelon Business by ismail77: 11:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Solbash11.Thanks bro for your contribution.Pls I want to know if you plant this year.

(1) (Reply)

Provision Of Parboiled Rice Mill Plant / Hybrid Cucumber For Sale (nagano) And Seedlings / How Do I Get Genuine Food And Regular Food Stuffs Suppliers To Abuja Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.