Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,462 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … (10242 Views)

See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge / The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge / Land Use Charge Law Of 2018: Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … by glossy6(f): 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
samuelzion:
lipsrsealed

Government thats asking landowners like us to pay for our properties, did they provide us with even one free bag of cement to build the house?

Negodi.....

Don't mind them. They did not construct common gutters and they want to collect money.

Well, thank God they did not serve us any demand notice. I saw demand notices being posted in my neighbourhood but saw none posted on our gate
Re: Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … by ItuExchange(m): 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2016
These land use charges people are suspected to be scammers, using ruse to siphon money from citizens. I read that ICPC arrested a female civil servant who had 16 houses! See the letter I sent to them:

Land Use Charge 2016 - A Serious Mistake Detected

Dear Sir or Madam:

I want to call your attention to a serious mistake detected in the Land Use Charge you brought to our house at XXXX, XXXXX, Cele Bus Stop, Alimosho

Apart from notice of many unsavory changes in the bill you brought this year, as opposed to the one you brought in the year 2015, I saw that you billed us wrongly!

I paid the bill/charges that were brought to me last year. Please see all evidence attached.

But I was surprised that some balance was carried forward in the bill/charges brought this year. The money carried forward was even bigger than the bill for last year. Please see attached.

Please, why? Could you explain the reason why this is so?

Could this error be fixed quickly while another Land Use Charge is brought to us?

Please reply to this message and fix this issue as soon as possible.

Your numbers are always busy or not picked when called. Plus, I am busy, and I think this issue can be resolved without me visiting your office.

NB: The owner of the house is my dad, Mr. XXXX XXXX. Since he is semi-illiterate, I am the one in charge of the Land Use Charges, paying the bills in his behalf.

Sent to: dmin@landusecharge.com, satax@lagosstate.gov.ng, luc@lagosstate.gov.ng, lsgmof.luc@lagosstate.gov.ng, info@lagosstate.gov.ng,

PS: I'm still waiting for their answers. Actually I know the steps to take to deal with them.

Neteller here: .com.ng

1 Like

Re: Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … by IamforGod: 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2016
anonimi:

It is to provide essential COMMON services to the people and the state is supposed to give part to the LGAs for the purpose of cleaning gutters, clearing road side bush etc
That is how they pay it in those "civilised" oyinbo places we like to run to.

1)then what is tax used for?

2)how many clean gutters do u see in lagos? If u see a clean gutter then it was cleaned by people surrounding it.how many road side bush have u seen in lag?

Am sure ur presently not in nigeria!
Re: Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … by anonimi: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2016
IamforGod:
1)then what is tax used for?

2)how many clean gutters do u see in lagos? If u see a clean gutter then it was cleaned by people surrounding it.how many road side bush have u seen in lag?

Am sure ur presently not in nigeria!

Paying TAXES increases the PRESSURE on our governments to sit up and do their work. Not so
Re: Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … by CookieBrown: 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
SOPIGO:
APC IS FRAUD....... IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR NIGERIAN TO PRACTICE..... THEY ONLY FOCUS ON THEIR ACTS & BILL THAT TAKE MONEY FROM THE CITIZENS ACCOUNT. SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN IN POWERADE THEY HAVEN'T DON ANYTHING MEANIFUL TO BENEFIT THE CITIZENS.... EVERYTHING ABOUT THEY IS HOW TO COLLECT MONEY FROM CITIZENS... WAT A SHAME POLICY FOR A GOVERNMENT THAT DRY HER CITIZENS & CALL IT CHANGE!
A PARTY THAT BEND EXISTING LAW TO CATER FOR THESE FRAUD... A COUNTRY WHERE THE BILLS THAT FAVOR THE COMMONER ARE NOT IMPLIMENTED... A PARTY THAT IS SO SO CORNY THAT EVERYTHING THEY THINK IS TO EXPLORE THEIR CITIZENS. WHEN LAW MAYER COMPLAIN THAT THERE IS NO MONEY BUT THEY ARE BUYING EXOTIC CAR OF 36MILLION PER ONE. WHAT A FAILED NATION NIGERIA

After all your rants, you failed to mention PDP even though you are fully aware PDP is 5 times worse than APC and many APC were ex PDP scum. I wonder how much folks like you get paid to come on here, create lots of dummy accounts and type rubbish, i guess its certainly worth more than your future.

Ethnic , religious and racial sentiments never gets anyone anywhere.
Re: Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
samuelzion:
lipsrsealed

Government thats asking landowners like us to pay for our properties, did they provide us with even one free bag of cement to build the house?

Negodi.....
Oga no be you own the land o, u re just a tenant....according to the land use act of 1978, you are to occupy the land for a period of 99years. So techncially by 2077, the first c/o would expire and need possible renewal.... That's why C of O is called CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY and not CERTIFICATE OF OWNERSHIP....na occupy we just dey occupy!!!
Re: Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … by IamforGod: 1:14pm On May 19, 2016
anonimi:

Paying TAXES increases the PRESSURE on our governments to sit up and do their work. Not so

Nawa o. I have never heard of people paying someone to sit up ooo. Please give me a concrete reason abeg!

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Bedroom bungalow For Sale In P.H / Building Hostels A Low Cost Investment / Classic 3bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design + Interior For Half Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.