Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. (832 Views)

Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent / What Can I Do? My Two Sons Are Not My Biological Sons. / 11 Things You Must Know Before Your Parents Clock 50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by DrAda(f): 5:11am On Apr 19, 2016
When I hit puberty, I quickly learnt from my mom, grandmom and well virtually everyone at large "na oge Nwanyi na-agwu agwu" meaning that women do not have the luxury of time.

As soon as our biological clock starts ticking, which starts when our menses begins, the countdown is on: Either marry on time and give birth to all your children before the age of 35 years or face menopause and certain genetic health problems.

The men don't have that pressure. They are regarded as free beings, virile, strong and forever on nature's beck and call to multiply and fill the earth with babies all the days of their lives. Well, you might just want to pause on that calling.

The scientific community has realized that certain genetic diseases are now associated with an increased age in men. Although the exact age has not been specified like that of the females which is 35 years and above, it is clear that the more aged a man is, the more likely his offspring will become affected with these diseases.

So Daddies, your biological clock though moving much slower than the Mummies, still ticks. Tick tock, tick tock.

www.kiddiesmatters.com

1 Like

Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by Flexherbal(m): 6:06am On Apr 19, 2016
OK. We have heard your voice.
Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by DrAda(f): 6:08am On Apr 19, 2016
Flexherbal:
OK. We have heard your voice.
Thank you for hearing my voice
Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by VoteDemiladgold: 6:33am On Apr 19, 2016
Dr Ada please can you school us further in what these genetic diseases are
Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by DrAda(f): 6:43am On Apr 19, 2016
VoteDemiladgold:
Dr Ada please can you school us further in what these genetic diseases are

Yes dear, advanced paternal age of 45 years and above associated with achondroplasia, neurofibromatosis, Marfan syndrome, Treacher Collins syndrome, Waardenburg syndrome, thanatophoric dysplasia, osteogenesis imperfecta, and Apert syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by VoteDemiladgold: 6:52am On Apr 19, 2016
DrAda:

Yes dear, advanced paternal age of 45 years and above associated with achondroplasia, neurofibromatosis, Marfan syndrome, Treacher Collins syndrome, Waardenburg syndrome, thanatophoric dysplasia, osteogenesis imperfecta, and Apert syndrome.
wooow, i'm learning a lot.. thanks for your tips.. i"ll look at them online holistically.
Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by Janeyinspires(f): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by Janeyinspires(f): 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
And everytime the torchlight is on women,the pressure becoming more evident in white and black..Guess it's time for men to consider the effect of delay too!

Op,those listed diseases seems scary o!
Re: Daddies: Your Biological Clock Is Also Ticking. by ogawisdom(m): 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
If this is true it will happen in less than 10percent of men above 65yrs. A man of 45 is at his peak other things being equal but a woman at 40 has expired reproduction wise shocked

(1) (Reply)

Girl Who Lost Her Life Due To Disobedience/carelessness / Here's The True Meaning Of Trusting In God / You Come From Work And See Ur Children Doing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.