Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos (22549 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Ooni Of Ife In His Palace (Photos) / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by juman(m): 8:16am On Apr 19, 2016
Generally all kinds of leaders are bad in nigeria, but he is a new super king.
Hope he has a ​road ​map to ​achieve a position of being a successful super king.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by mayortm001(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Dem dey find Loja.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by SmartMugu: 8:21am On Apr 19, 2016
This is starting to get annoying. The men in the purple, why do they have to sit on the floor while Ooni sits on a chair. These men are probably older than him and have their own families too. I guess people are way too brainwashed to understand reality. I definitely won't fall for that tradition crap.
That's probably why we haven't heard of notable minds like Wole Soyinka visiting Ooni. He definitely wouldn't prostrate nor sit on the floor like these purple men.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by justmenoni: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2016
before nko? mk dem stand for hin head greet am? op are u igbo? cos someone told me the igbo ppl usually kick their parents to wake them in the morning...

let me run sharply before them come for me...
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by mapet: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2016
Life is funny.......to think that the "Yeye" that used to roll with my cousins in Akobo don become Oni.........God is great cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by jojosweet(f): 8:30am On Apr 19, 2016
Mrbigman1:
For just a mare man?

I keep wondering.
even the bible acknowledges kings and rulers so there is nothing mere about a king
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by merits(m): 8:39am On Apr 19, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Who their visit Don epp?

You!
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by DonBenny77(m): 8:53am On Apr 19, 2016
Tradition and idolatry are like twin brothers
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Mrbigman1(m): 8:58am On Apr 19, 2016
jojosweet:
even the bible acknowledges kings and rulers so there is nothing mere about a king

You can justify your believe dear.
Am not against anyone honouring his king or prostrating, but did you notice a lot of empty chairs around there?

Is it not meant to be used?
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by mkpikpub(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Who their visit Don epp?

End time visit
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by israelotics: 9:08am On Apr 19, 2016
juman:
Generally all kinds of leaders are bad in nigeria, but he is a new super king.
Hope he has a ​road ​map to ​achieve a position of being a successful super king.

ogbni e no be all kind of leaders oooo my dad is d leader of egbe ologun.......one medical association lyk DAT.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Prymestrr(m): 9:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Mrbigman1:

I guess those same guys goes to church with sagged Jean, make noise and do what so ever they wish.

Not saying we should not respect our kings, I respected mine when I visited him and he gave me a seat to seat.
Lol! I love dis response. EPIC!!!
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Olarewajub: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2016
boolet:
.Emese chiefs... The claim is that they are dedicated castrated men at the service of the king.

Chiefs, castrated men? This is interestlng. Thanks for the reply, now i'm enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by skymath(m): 10:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Give honor to whom honor is due....respect everyone in authority....I hope we've been taught something like that....
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by KiNiBiGd: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2016
Mrbigman1:

I guess those same guys goes to church with sagged Jean, make noise and do what so ever they wish.

Not saying we should not respect our kings, I respected mine when I visited him and he gave me a seat to seat.

Oga you no get valid point
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by compoundC: 10:36am On Apr 19, 2016
[size=28pt]Why will Ibadan student go all the way to ife, when there is the olu of Ibadan in Ibadan to visit. It looks funny[/size]
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by juman(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2016
israelotics:
ogbni e no be all kind of leaders oooo my dad is d leader of egbe ologun.......one medical association lyk DAT.

OK. Very few exceptions.
Particularly people of useless generation are mostly useless.
Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by Giyerte(m): 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2016
compoundC:
[size=28pt]Why will Ibadan student go all the way to ife, when there is the olu of Ibadan in Ibadan to visit. It looks funny[/size]

Not funny, maybe you are not aware that he's the leader of the Yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by dessyranking(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
dearsly:
Nothing special about this Oni....just yoruba (APC) people flaring the whole fink up!...

Who Oni epp??.... undecided undecided undecided IRANU

Quoting me means u gat brain cancer take note!

He don epp me, he gave me #50,000 plus a new HP windows 8.1 nd he also promise we student that he is going to build a huge hall 4 us in our polytechnic nd a radio station

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by punta(f): 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
magicminister:
[size=15pt]see the way they be like refugees!
Nigerian youths keep selling out Nigeria at every given opportunity.

We should stop respecting or acknowledging anyone in political positions of authority unless they are championing the cause of the masses.

[/size]

Stop respecting or acknowledging anyone in political position of authority? Are you kidding?

So our traditional rulers are no longer to be acknowledged? Do you know who and what the Ooni represents? He is a traditional ruler, the custodian of the Yoruba culture and traditions. If you disrespect him, you disrespect the people and all that he represents. When you don't know much about some issues, ask questions or you search google.

I do not blame you though, I blame the white man who brought their way of life to us and made us forget ours. We owe it to ourselves to uphold and preserve our culture.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Students Visit Ooni Of Ife In His Palace -Photos by ibadanfinest(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
Ooni is a product of the polytechnic, ibadan. He is an alumnus of the skul. Its the same way they will praise Fayose and Aregberascal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday / 7 Things Westerners Think When They Hear Africa / Who Are These Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.