Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

PHCN TARIFF EXTORTION - Please Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PHCN TARIFF EXTORTION - Please Help (374 Views)

Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review / Get Paid To Recharge Your Phone, To Buy Data, To Pay For Your Dstv/phcn Bills / The Problem With Nigeria Is Not PHCN. The Problem Is Stupidity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PHCN TARIFF EXTORTION - Please Help by Taiw(m): 9:08am On Apr 19, 2016
I live in a house where I have 2 fans, 2 laptops, a home theatre, a small fridge and 5 energy saving bulbs all connected to power outlets. My bill for this usage ranges between N5,600 - N6,300 monthly. Last month which was April, I paid 6,390 naira as PHCN bill. My consumption for that month according to PHCN is 300D. Please how is this possible, if they are actually taking my meter reading?

I have gone to their office to complain yet no action was taken. I was told by my neighbors that my bills are estimated based on what the previous occupant of the house used to pay monthly. Can this be true?

This wont have become much of an issue. I discovered that my neighbor pays around 3,700 naira. He has more gadgets than me including a T.v and uses 70 naira bulbs that consumes more power and generates heat. His family is always at home. For me, I am not always at home. I only use power when I am back and on weekends, that is if there is power.

If I am using prepaid, my charges wont be up to this.
Please can someone advice me on this because the rates are just too much for me to bear?

(1) (Reply)

Time For NCC To Grow A Spine / Flyers Distributor Is Urgently Needed / Attracting Food Industries To Produce Nutritious Foods With Zero Chemical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.