Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Masturbate? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Masturbate? (2983 Views)

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Masturbate? by Peritus(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
promise101:

Joseph prince and chris, has no teaching of themselves, rather they preach the cross!!!!

You called me a grace pervert?
Please, quote any scripture to prove that!

I wouldn't have talked to you, if you are not accursed!

Gal 3:10; "For all who depend on the Law [seeking justification and salvation by OBEDIENCE TO THE LAW(right living) and the observance of rituals] are under a CURSE; for it is written, “CURSED (condemned to destruction) IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, SO AS TO PRACTICE THEM.”

When you commit those your mistaken sins that makes you imperfect, are you in the spirit.

The accusations I listed above are lie, were you in the spirit when you wrote them?

What is the difference between the sin of lying which you committed and the sin of masturbation?

YOU ARE A PHARISEE!!!!

One main character of a pharisee christians is this;

PHARISEES CHRISTIANS DON'T MINGLE WITH SINFUL PEOPLE, RATHER THEY CONDEMN THEM FOR THE SAME SINLESS IMPERFECTIONS THEY ARE GUILTY OF.

The Pharisees said to Jesus disciples, "Why is your Teacher eating with sinners?" (Matthew 9:11).

Pharisees will mingle only with their own crowd of "holy" Pharisees. They criticised even Jesus for mingling with sinners. Is your holiness one that prevents you from mingling with your unconverted relatives? It is true that we can find fellowship only with God's children. But we can be friendly with all.
Jesus was known as the "Friend of sinners". If you want to be like Jesus, YOU MUST BE A FRIEND OF SINNERS.

A Pharisee will not attend the wedding reception of an unconverted relative, because he feels he will be polluted thereby. Jesus however would have gladly attended an unconverted relative's wedding reception. He went to the homes of sinners, where they probably had dancing and drinking going on.

He would share the gospel with those sinners. Contact with them didn't defile Him because His righteousness was inward. It is true that He spent most of His time with His disciples. But He spent a lot of time talking to sinful people. HOW CAN WE WIN SINNERS TO THE LORD IF WE ARE NOT FRIENDLY WITH THEM?

Even if he was wrong for judging (which cannot be excused), that doesn't confer on you the power to judge him also to the extent of calling him an accursed and a Pharisee. If any man is overtaken in a fault, you which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Gal 6:1
Back to the topic. I saw your effort in trying to play down the act of masturbation while likening it to lying. Yes, both are sins, but the Op asked a simple question on masturbation. He never talked about lying because he knows it's a sin: a dangerous one for that matter.
We should let the world know that masturbation is demonic. Again I say: one cannot walk in the spirit and still fulfill the lusts of flesh (Gal 5:16) because both are contrary to each other, Gal 5:17. The world (system) is where Satan is god 2 Cor 4:4, and is made manifest in the lust of the flesh. If ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law, Gal 5:18,, but they which do such things (who fulfill the lust of the flesh) shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. Gal 5:21.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Masturbate? by Mekanus(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
Op go get your Vaseline or soap and join the wankers league. Who gives a fuuuck about what an ancient cave men book says. If there are no scientific proven side effects of masturbation I wonder y one should boarder about what some screwed religion says
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Masturbate? by promise101: 12:08am On Apr 29, 2016
Peritus:

Even if he was wrong for judging (which cannot be excused), that doesn't confer on you the power to judge him also to the extent of calling him an accursed and a Pharisee. If any man is overtaken in a fault, you which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Gal 6:1
Back to the topic. I saw your effort in trying to play down the act of masturbation while likening it to lying. Yes, both are sins, but the Op asked a simple question on masturbation. He never talked about lying because he knows it's a sin: a dangerous one for that matter.
We should let the world know that masturbation is demonic. Again I say: one cannot walk in the spirit and still fulfill the lusts of flesh (Gal 5:16) because both are contrary to each other, Gal 5:17. The world (system) is where Satan is god 2 Cor 4:4, and is made manifest in the lust of the flesh. If ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law, Gal 5:18,, but they which do such things (who fulfill the lust of the flesh) shall not inherit the Kingdom of God. Gal 5:21.
FIRST OF ALL, I DIDN'T CURSE HER!

I called her an accursed, because it is evident. I quote a bible verse to prove that. And that's the truth for now, until she stops relying on her works of the law(right living) for the righteousness of God. And I am not apologetic on that!

Yes, she is a pharisee Christians, Jesus said by there fruit we shall know them.

I think I have to show you several feature of a pharisee, which is evident in the bible stories.

1. THEY GRADE SIN; you remember when Jesus told the pharisees that they don't swear with the name of God, but they swear with the gold and vessels used in the church of God? Is that not the same sin? Yes, they are! Yet, they saw it as nothing, to swear with the vessel of God used in the temple.

You must not hear them say; "there is small and big sin". But their lives are filled with 2 opposite ways; with their mouth they say that all sins are equal, but with their attitude, they place higher hatred on SOME sins, and place less or even no hatred on some sins. Who is deceiving who? ALL SINS ARE EQUAL!!!!!

2. THEY LOVE TO LOOK RIGHTEOUS BEFORE MEN(works), BUT DON'T DESIRE TO LOOK RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD(faith).

3. THEY IGNORANTLY MAKE GOD A LAIR!!! Bible said that righteousness before God is faith alone, but they also SHOUT "Righteousness by faith BUT..."

There are many of them!!!!

YOU SAID THIS:"I saw your effort in trying to play down the act of masturbation while LIKENING it to lying. Yes, both are sins, but the Op asked a simple question on masturbation. He never talked about lying because he knows it's a sin: a DANGEROUS one for that matter. "

So by saying that I am likening it to lying it means that, it is not the same gravity with the sin of lying before God? What makes it not to be the gravity before God?

You see why I said that pharisee Christians grade sin? I am not calling you a pharisee, yet. But, you just acted like one!!!

I NEVER said that masturbation is not demonic or that masturbation is not a sin, I repeat, IT IS! Rather I am saying that if we see masturbation as demonic, we should at the same time see a mistaken lies as demonic as well, because it is also a sin! ALL SINS ARE EQUAL!!! There is no demonic name to each of them, they are all sin(evil)!!!

Yes, of course! Will we let the world know that masturbation is demonic and as well let them know that ALL SINS are VERY demonic too, whether we think it is "small" "big" "significant" "insignificant" "knowingly" or "knowingly" "less corrupted" or "highly corrupted".

I AGREE with you 100%, that it is a dangerous sin, but I am saying that it is NO MORE OR LESS dangerous than a mistaken lie. ALL SINS ARE EQUAL!

I am not arguing with you that one cannot walk in the spirit and fulfil the lust of the flesh. But, I am also saying that, if true then, it means that anyone who is not SINLESS PERFECT, is not walking in the spirit. Because, lust of the flesh, which can easily be committed BY HEART, without carrying it out by action, which is of the same gravity with any mistaken sin that can make a believer not to be sinless perfect.

NOW, I have to ask you; are you sinless perfect? Hopefully, NO! Are you walking in the spirit? NO!
I am not judging you, rather I am laying emphasis.

Because, it is eveident in the bible that, if we say we have no sin in us, WE MAKE GOD A LIAR. So, you denying that you are imperfect, is indirectly saying that God is a lair.

1 John 1:8-10 Amplified Bible (AMP) If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], WE DELUDE OURSELVES and the truth is not in us. [His word does not live in our hearts.] 10 If we say that WE HAVE NOT SINNED [refusing to admit acts of sin], WE MAKE HIM[out to be] A LAIR [by contradicting Him] and His word is not in us.

NOW, to address your post.

First of all, the passages you quoted are not talking about, sinless perfection(works) = eternal life.

YOU SAID THIS;"Again I say: one cannot walk in the spirit and still fulfill the lusts of flesh (Gal 5:16) because both are contrary to each other, Gal 5:17. "

Walking in the spirit is NOT sinless pefection(works), and walking by the flesh is NOT sinless imperfection. If so, then it means that paul, even peter never walked by the spirit, but BY THE FLESH. Because both of them committed sin BIG TIME, especially peter!

Walking in the spirit means walking in FAITH of the finished work of christ, from which we receive ETERNAL SALVATION. Walking in the flesh, means walking in the carnality of the mind. Example; Trying to force our self to stop sinning, so that we can look righteous before God, and of course, the more we TRY, the more we FALL DEEPER. This is walking in the flesh. Because he doesn't believe that it is christ that has been made righteousness and holiness to us and not right living(works of the law).

We walk in the spirit by FAITH, and not by right living which is of the works of the law. Which makes us accursed when we rely on them to please God.

Peter, John and paul committed sin but they never walked by the flesh, rather NOT WITHSTANDING THEIR SINS they walked by the faith in the finished work of christ(spirit).

Was it not paul that said that if our righteousness comes by the works of righteousness, then christ's death is in vain? Was it not paul that said that when there is NO law, sin is not imputed on a man? Was it not paul that said that blessed is the man who the lord shall not imput HIS sins upon? Does it mean that the blessed man does not have iniquity? NO! Rather, he has, that's why he said "HIS", but it is not imputed on him. Then why, because it was imputed on Jesus. That's the gospel!!!!!

Now, when he said that we, who walk in the spirit, cannot fulfil the lust of the flesh, it was a WORD OF FAITH, and not a commandment. Which every believer should believe, BUT even if we do it, we are are condemned! Because Jesus was condemned for it, and he disarmed the devil from harming us through sin, BY ABOLISHING THE LAW. That quotation, does NOT nullify the fact that sin is not imputed on a man when there is no law.

God is not like ALLAH, lol, who will allow two opposite words to proceed out of his mouth!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Been A Gay Is Natural / Scientific Evidence That Demands A Creator God / Jesus Has A Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.