Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Jesus Has A Tattoo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Has A Tattoo (2987 Views)

Jesus Has Come the second time And Gone!!! (see Evidence) / Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 / Has Mohammed Appeared To Any Christian Yet? Jesus Has To Many Muslims! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Has A Tattoo by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
Rev 19 vs 16 "And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Never knew that --- though it's an odd place to have a tattoo and also odd choice of words like he needs constant reminding that he's the king of kings, point is our Lord and saviour has a tattoo.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2012
nice one!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the bible is a wonderful book.it has so many secrets that can make us laugh daily.we just need to read it more and the fun would be more!!! cheesy
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by martyns303(m): 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2012
Revelation is a book of proverbs, visions and predictions, I doubt the stated words are literal.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
martyns303:

Revelation is a book of proverbs, visions and predictions, I doubt the stated words are literal.

So you believe Jesus is the king of kings but you don't believe he has a tattoo to that effect? What's wrong with Jesus having a tattoo?
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Abbycrown(f): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2012
martyns303:

I agree with you.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2012
martyns303:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-841213.0.html#msg9915587

is the book of revelation not made up of fantasies? let us see what academics and intellectuals have said about the book of revelation itself:

Thomas Jefferson :"merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams."

Friedrich Engels :"primarily a political and anti-Roman work"

George Bernard Shaw :"a peculiar record of the visions of a drug addict" grin grin grin grin grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation#Criticism
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by martyns303(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2012
phxc:

So you believe Jesus is the king of kings but you don't believe he has a tattoo to that effect? What's wrong with Jesus having a tattoo?
am not a fanatic, i dont doubt the possibility but the very idea is absurd, how popular was tattoo then? am not that guy that will come and tell u ur statements are blasphemy or argue abt things like this, but being rational and using ur ability of judgement and reasoning. u make ur own decisions and ur freewill to beliv whateva u want. i jst dnt bliv he had tatts, thats all.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2012
@op

Take your time to decipher that verse before sounding dum dum. He wore a Vesture and on that "vesture on his thigh" was that name written. Did you get that?

ves·ture (vschr)
n.
1. Clothing; apparel.
2. Something that covers or cloaks: hills in a vesture of mist.
tr.v. ves·tured, ves·tur·ing, ves·tures
To cover with vesture; clothe.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 24, 2012
diluminati:

@op

Take your time to decipher that verse before sounding dum dum. He wore a Vesture and on that "vesture on his thigh" was that name written. Did you get that?

ves·ture (vschr)
n.
1. Clothing; apparel.
Thank you for teaching these guys what the have refuse to know, LagosShia what made you so excited about the post? Have you noe seen the meaning of Vesture? PHXC, have you learn somththg from the above? I will really like to know how you are feeling after reading the meaning of vesture. Cheers brothers and sisters
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2012
diluminati:

@op

ves·ture (vschr)
n.
1. Clothing; apparel.

please take a look at the verse again.it says:

"And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

from the verse you'd see that the writing is both on his vesture and also on his thigh.so not only on the vesture which is on the thigh or covering the thigh.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 9:56am On Jan 24, 2012
East:

Thank you for teaching these guys what the have refuse to know, LagosShia what made you so excited about the post? Have you noe seen the meaning of Vesture? PHXC, have you learn somththg from the above? I will really like to know how you are feeling after reading the meaning of vesture. Cheers brothers and sisters

you too did not see these:

"and on his thigh"

grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 24, 2012
diluminati:

@op

ves·ture (vschr)
n.
1. Clothing; apparel.

See word gymnastics from you; the verse didn't say vesture on his thigh, it said 'on his vesture and on his thigh', the operative word there being 'and'. The 'and' conveniently escaped you so that you can twist the verse to mean something else.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by proo212(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2012
is the book of revelation not made up of fantasies? let us see what academics and intellectuals have said about the book of revelation itself:

Thomas Jefferson :"merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams."

Friedrich Engels :"primarily a political and anti-Roman work"

George Bernard Shaw :"a peculiar record of the visions of a drug addict"     

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation#Criticism

Lagosshia, our resident chameleon, wikipedia agrees with you when it comes to bible bashing but not not quran bashing   grin

Rev 2: 8-11
8"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write: `These things saith the First and the Last, who was dead and is alive:
9I know thy works and tribulation and poverty (but thou art rich), and I know the blasphemy of them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried, and ye shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of Life.

11He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. He that overcometh shall not be hurt by the second death.'

Just do a search of the Smyrna massacare in the hands of the Turkish muslims (Kemal Ataturk). Holocaust denial you will be sent to prison, Smyrna confession you will be sent to prison

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16695133
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2012
proo212:

Lagosshia, our resident chameleon, wikipedia agrees with you when it comes to bible bashing but not not quran bashing grin
i am not bashing.God knows i dont base my words on wikipedia (at least not only) and i always back anything i say on christianity with the bible or christian writing acceptable or relied upon by christians.

Just do a search of the Smyrna massacare in the hands of the Turkish muslims (Kemal Ataturk). Holocaust denial you will be sent to prison, Smyrna confession you will be sent to prison

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16695133

please read who the a$$hole called Kemal Attaturk was (no offense to my turkish brothers).
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by proo212(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2012
If you are not bashing, what part of the quotes from all these "gentlemen" is edifying to the book of revelations? Now Ataturk is an a%%hole because he was moderate? I have just read a brief history of the guy and I now know why you think he is an a$%hole.

Wonders shall never end. He tried to remove the dominance of Islam from everyday life in Turkey and he did succeed by the way that is why you dislike him, But I thought the Islamists are now back in power in Turkey so what is your beef. Tayyip Recep Erdogan's party took over from Bulent Ecevit's and his party. When Abdullah Gul became President there was some opposition because secularism of Turkey was under threat. Is Turkey not trying to implement Sharia law now?

How everything just falls in place is just amazing. What I have discovered in the last hour is just amazing. My eyes are more open everyday. Knowledge is increasing and not decreasing btw (another wrong prophecy by your scholars)!

The book of Daniel and Revelations that your gentlemen rubbished is so true. Praise the Lord. Proverbs 4:7 says wisdom is the principal thing therefore get wisdom in all they getting get understanding.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
proo212:

If you are not bashing, what part of the quotes from all these "gentlemen" is edifying to the book of revelations? Now Ataturk is an a%%hole because he was moderate? I have just read a brief history of the guy and I now know why you think he is an a$%hole.

Wonders shall never end. He tried to remove the dominance of Islam from everyday life in Turkey and he did succeed by the way that is why you dislike him, But I thought the Islamists are now back in power in Turkey so what is your beef. Tayyip Recep Erdogan's party took over from Bulent Ecevit's and his party. When Abdullah Gul became President there was some opposition because secularism of Turkey was under threat. Is Turkey not trying to implement Sharia law now?

How everything just falls in place is just amazing. What I have discovered in the last hour is just amazing. My eyes are more open everyday. Knowledge is increasing and not decreasing btw (another wrong prophecy by your scholars)!

The book of Daniel and Revelations that your gentlemen rubbished is so true. Praise the Lord. Proverbs 4:7 says wisdom is the principal thing therefore get wisdom in all they getting get understanding.

your eyes are not yet opened.

otherwise you'd have seen your arrogance,stu.pidity and hatred based on following your desires.

didn't you try to bash Islam by using a massacre committed by Ataturk?

oh now he is the good guy for being a secularist and anti-religion because Islam was his target in Turkey.you only read about him after your attempt to portray him as a muslim committing massacres failed.LOL

you have totallly forgotten that he committed massacres.why?
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by chinedumo(m): 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2012
This is simply marvelous!
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by chinedumo(m): 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
phxc:

Rev 19 vs 16 "And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Never knew that --- though it's an odd place to have a tattoo and also odd choice of words like he needs constant reminding that he's the king of kings, point is our Lord and saviour has a tattoo.

so A tattoo is for reminders?

not all tattoo is for reminders

the thigh is symbolic
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2012
LagosShia:

your eyes are not yet opened.

otherwise you'd have seen your arrogance,stu.pidity and hatred based on following your desires.

didn't you try to bash Islam by using a massacre committed by Ataturk?

oh now he is the good guy for being a secularist and anti-religion because Islam was his target in Turkey.you only read about him after your attempt to portray him as a muslim committing massacres failed.LOL

you have totallly forgotten that he committed massacres.why?

Typical LagosShia, cursing , cussing and swearing !!

That's the sure way to attract believers to your faith , lol.

Even your own Muslims in the ISLAM section are trying hard to teach you a lesson on how to debate without throwing around invectives  grin
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by proo212(m): 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
That he oversaw the massacre whilst trying to make Turkey a secular state doesn't make him a good guy. All it did was just make me search for where Smyrna was on the world map.

I found it in Turkey, read the history after I heard about the massacre of the Eastern Christians in 1922. It makes you think and ponder. The prophecy in the book of revelations said they shall suffer persecution and they did!

The same book you and your gentlemen friends rubbished. Do I believe you and the gentlemen or the book of revelations. You tell me.

Like the book says, he who has an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying to the churches,
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2012
Hmmmmmmm grin
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2012
proo212:

That he oversaw the massacre whilst trying to make Turkey a secular state doesn't make him a good guy. All it did was just make me search for where Smyrna was on the world map.

I found it in Turkey, read the history after I heard about the massacre of the Eastern Christians in 1922. It makes you think and ponder. The prophecy in the book of revelations said they shall suffer persecution and they did!

The same book you and your gentlemen friends rubbished. Do I believe you and the gentlemen or the book of revelations. You tell me.

Like the book says, he who has an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying to the churches,
if you are so concerned,please you can feel free to join me in calling Attaturk an a$$hole and not use him to attack Islam and provoke muslims.have some shame.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by proo212(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2012
I will not join you in condemning Monsieur Kemal and calling him names, the bible says in James 1:26 If any man among you seems to be religious, and bridles not his tongue, but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

For whatever he did he will give an account of himself at the end of time, at the white throne judgement of Jesus Christ.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2012
proo212:

I will not join you in condemning Monsieur Kemal and calling him names, the bible says in James 1:26 If any man among you seems to be religious, and bridles not his tongue, but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

For whatever he did he will give an account of himself at the end of time, at the white throne judgement of Jesus Christ.

that is your business.

the bible you are quoting even though its state is no different from yours,have little bearing on you.

you're not god-fearing and innocent going by your posts and vulgar comments.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by proo212(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2012
Me vulgar comments?

Everybody knows you are the one who calls people names and insults when you are offended by the falsehood of your religion being exposed. All I have done on this forum is research and give my input (based on research, not hear say).

I have never abused anyone or belittled anyone. If you are not willing to see the obvious falsehood, that is fine with me. Each to their own.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 11:30am On Jan 25, 2012
proo212:

Me vulgar comments?

Everybody knows you are the one who calls people names and insults when you are offended by the falsehood of your religion being exposed. All I have done on this forum is research and give my input (based on research, not hear say).

I have never abused anyone or belittled anyone. If you are not willing to see the obvious falsehood, that is fine with me. Each to their own.

its like christians are masters in copying others.i opened a thread called "demolishing the falsehood of christianity and its bible".now the christians are repeating "falsehood".lol

anyways,i thought we were talking about attaturk.and you acted so innocent that you dont call names.but you people do it endlessly to the greatest man that has stepped foot on earth muslims believe in.is that how troublesome and satanic you people are?
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by proo212(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
Keeps mum,
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LagosShia: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
proo212:

Keeps mum,

good!

stay like that forever;dont open your mouth before your eyes are.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Hutchie(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
Even from the time of ancient Israel, men were forbidden to put tattoos are marks on their bodies. To say then that Jesus has a tatoo would contradict Gods word.

'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD. (Lev 19:28)

Lets look at parallel translations of Rev 19:16 to see if the verse actually meant the skin of His thigh:

And he has on his garment over his thigh the name written: “The King of Kings and The Lord of Power.” (Aramaic in plain English)

On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords. (NLT)
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by chinedumo(m): 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
Hutchie:

Even from the time of ancient Israel, men were forbidden to put tattoos are marks on their bodies. To say then that Jesus has a tatoo would contradict Gods word.

'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD. (Lev 19:28)

The scripture u used Specifically Discouraged Writing and markings in honor of the dead

Every marking is not in honor of the dead
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by Hutchie(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2012

The section of the sentence relating to the tatto marks have no relation to honoring the dead.

If the scripture intended to say do not do either of these things in honor of the dead it would have instead say:

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead OR put tattoo marks on yourselves for the dead". But this is not what it says. The emphasis of the scriptures was not to put any kind of mark in your body for any reason.
Re: Jesus Has A Tattoo by LogicMind: 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
I have many tatoos. I am bound to hell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? / Has Anyone Read The Entire Bible - Genesis To Revelation? / Once Shaved Always Shaved? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.