Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Bread And Coconut - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bread And Coconut (3149 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni / How Do You Like Your Bread And Tea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bread And Coconut by ichommy(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
hi my fellow nairaland i just remeber when am in sec school we hostel stundent went to the teacher quaterz and plauge some coconut and buy bread to eat it, very delious it was reccomend by one of our friend which is hausa as anyone eat it before please you comment grin

thanks

ichommy
Re: Bread And Coconut by mohawkchic(f): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Interesting Combo. . and No! I havent tried it! grin

~Trying to imagine chewing that hard Coconut core w/ bread, . Hmm not working! cheesy
Re: Bread And Coconut by ichommy(m): 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
try it sad
Re: Bread And Coconut by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
tried it and tasted good.
Wont mind to try it again, better with fresh made bread
Re: Bread And Coconut by SeanT21(f): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2009
Mine was Coconut and roasted Cassava. Those were the dayz wink
Re: Bread And Coconut by Hauwa1: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
a great snack, coconut with bobozi is good also.

bobozi is what i heard others calling it.
Re: Bread And Coconut by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
coconut and boiled cassava taste good together

never tried bread and coconut.
Re: Bread And Coconut by Shentz(f): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2009
do you butter the bread then add coconut?

Do you use brown// white bread?
Re: Bread And Coconut by TOYOSI20(f): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2009
ichommy:

hi my fellow nairaland i just remeber when am in sec school we hostel stundent went to the teacher quaterz and plauge some coconut and buy bread to eat it, very delious it was reccomend by one of our friend which is hausa as anyone eat it before please you comment grin

thanks

ichommy

Bread an coconut ke??, . . . .i've tried coconut and grilled corn, . . .it was really tasty, . . . .but man, too much chewing. . . . . shocked cheesy
Re: Bread And Coconut by TOPE20001(f): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Bread an coconut ke??, . . . .i've tried coconut and grilled corn, . . .it was really tasty, . . . .but man, too much chewing. . . . . shocked cheesy

Gbam . . . . . it makes ur mouth hurt so i take breaks from chewing when eating it grin
Re: Bread And Coconut by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2009
oh, coconut and corn is also good.
Re: Bread And Coconut by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
I've heard of garri and coconut, but coconut and bread. . . .ehrrrm, right undecided
Re: Bread And Coconut by TOYOSI20(f): 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Gbam . . . . . it makes ur mouth hurt so i take breaks from chewing when eating it grin

Yup, . . . .as if the coconut isnt crunchy enough, . . . . .then there comes the corn, . . .(Hard as ever grin), i just keep drinking water and chewing embarassed cheesy
Re: Bread And Coconut by TOYOSI20(f): 12:05am On Aug 06, 2009
visual effect. . . .

Re: Bread And Coconut by Winnergal(f): 12:22am On Aug 06, 2009
If u could chew coconut with Corn(very hard), it should be less difficult chewing bread(lighter than corn) with coconut . . . smiley
Re: Bread And Coconut by mamag3: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2009
Mine was Coconut and Garri. kiss
Re: Bread And Coconut by TOYOSI20(f): 12:28am On Aug 06, 2009
Winnergal:

If u could chew coconut with Corn(very hard), it should be less difficult chewing bread(lighter than corn) with coconut . . . smiley

Unfortunately i don't think Bread and coconut go together very much , . . . .hence ma preference, . . . . . undecided
Re: Bread And Coconut by Winnergal(f): 12:46am On Aug 06, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Unfortunately i don't think Bread and coconut go together very much , . . . .hence ma preference, . . . . . undecided

Never said that . . .
I haven't tried it either . . . Would love to tho' . . .
Re: Bread And Coconut by SeanT21(f): 2:11am On Aug 06, 2009
mama-g:

Mine was Coconut and Garri. kiss

I also remember Coconut and Garri. I used to cut the coconut in small pieces, mix it with Garri, sugar and milk. Delicious!!
Re: Bread And Coconut by mohawkchic(f): 3:42am On Aug 06, 2009
~Of all the Combo's i've read on here,most of them for the first time,Coconut & anything takes the couch! grin Coconut Strong Like Stone cheesy

~Coconut & Garri :
~Coconut & Corn :
~Coconut & Bread:

~The only thing "Coconut" other than the Milk that I've come close to liking many moons ago was Shreded Coconut Cakes glazed together w/ Sugar . . . It's not hard/chewy either:Comes either White/Brown. . You Know it?
Re: Bread And Coconut by SeanT21(f): 3:46am On Aug 06, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Of all the Combo's i've read on here,most of them for the first time,Coconut & anything takes the couch! grin Coconut Strong Like Stone cheesy

~Coconut & Garri :
~Coconut & Corn :
~Coconut & Bread:

~The only thing "Coconut" other than the Milk that I've come close to liking many moons ago was Shreded Coconut Cakes glazed together w/ Sugar . . . It's not hard/chewy either:Comes either White/Brown. . You Know it?

U can soften the Coconut by sitting it in water till it softens to your taste.Soften Coconut is easy on the teeth and the jawbone.
Re: Bread And Coconut by mohawkchic(f): 4:00am On Aug 06, 2009
~Aaah! Thats prolly how they get the Coconut cakes soft. .

~For the folks who have tried coconut combo's do you soften it first or venture war w/ teeth,Jawbone& Coconut? tongue
Re: Bread And Coconut by ichommy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Bread And Coconut by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2009
I think i need to stop visiting this food section in the morning oh, cos you guy always making me hungry
Re: Bread And Coconut by ichommy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2009
hungry bawo
Re: Bread And Coconut by Hauwa1: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
Yes coconut and bread is very very delicious. not just any bread but those soft sweet nigerian bread.

i tried coconut with bread here it was aaaaarrrgggh not like the taste of coconut with bread back in nig

mohawk, we call that coconut candy. sliced coconut very very thinly, fried in coconut water and sugar. so so sweet grin. here i make do with coconut macaroon (sp) almost same thing.

i love my coconut rice anyday kiss
Re: Bread And Coconut by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2009
ichommy:

hungry bawo

cos reading about all these food alone is enuf to make a man's stomach a ground for Iran and iraq to re-war
Re: Bread And Coconut by mamagee6(f): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
SeanT21:

I also remember Coconut and Garri. I used to cut the coconut in small pieces, mix it with Garri, sugar and milk. Delicious!!

Yummy. grin wink kiss
Re: Bread And Coconut by Fhemmmy: 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
coconut inside gari? i fear that one oh
Re: Bread And Coconut by mamagee6(f): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

coconut inside gari? i fear that one oh

It tastes yummy. kiss
Re: Bread And Coconut by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
,mama-gee:

It tastes yummy. kiss

I know of the gari and then bite the coconut, but not to add the coconut inside the gari
Re: Bread And Coconut by mamagee6(f): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2009
add them both and it still tastes deliciousssssss. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Yam In Pounded-yam / Pandemonium Of People As Cold Stone Officially Open In Akwa-ibom... Photos / Hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.