Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji (3020 Views)

Now That You Are Here – Episode Five (A Tale Of Deception, Betrayal And Murder) / Now That You Are Here – Episode Four (A Tale Of Deception, Betrayal And Murder) / Now That You Are Here – Episode One (A Tale Of Deception, Betrayal And Murder) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
hey guys these actually my first time of doing these and I seriously need your encouragement....mind you criticism is allowed ....I love my nairalanders....

Shades Of Deception
Copyright © 2016 by Olarhtunji writes

All rights reserved. Except for use in any review, the
reproduction or utilization of this work in whole or in part in
any form by any electronic, mechanical or other means, now
known or hereafter invented, including xerography,
photocopying and recording, or in any information storage or
retrieval system, is forbidden without the written permission
of the author,Esan Babatunde,

Email me for More ---Traviebond@gmail.com,

This book is sold subject to the condition that it shall not, by
way of trade or otherwise, be lent, resold, hired out or
otherwise circulated without the prior consent of the author
in any form of binding or cover other than that in which it is
published and without a similar condition including this
condition being imposed on the subsequent purchaser.

DISCLAIMER:_______________

All characters in this book have no existence outside the
imagination of the author and have no relation whatsoever
to anyone bearing the same name or names. They are not
even distantly inspired by any individual known or unknown
to the author, and all incidents are pure invention.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
PROLOGUE

Ayomide Sarah Olayiwola:
All she cares about in the world is being the best at what she does. She has no friends neither does she want to get herself involved in any relationship drama. This was due to the fact that her only friend in the world committed suicide after her lover (who she has been dating for 7 years) impregnated her co-worker. Ever since, she just wants to be alone and maybe at some point in her career, adopt a child. She examined her life and found out that there is certainly no space for a guy. She does not believe in life surprising her because she always sees everything coming. Her promotion at work is as the result of her hard work and nothing else. So also, the house she bought at Lekki recently was as a result of her hard work.
She is the first child of five children and has a lot of responsibilities on her so she can’t think about a man coming into her life. She is 28 years old , would be 29 in 7 months time and her perception about marriage is still very low. She is ambitious that all she has to think about is her job, keeping her body elegant, smooth and healthy. She thinks she does not need any sexual relationship with anyone to be fit because she hit the gym almost every weekend. She is sometimes called a nerd. She had her first degree her in mass communication and further to obtain her masters in international relations and public management at Kansas University in the United State.
She stayed free from any serious love-sexual relationship with any guy but sometimes went on couple of blind dates which never actually worked out. This always makes her to remember the ugliest part of her life.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
CHAPTER 1 : PILOT

Ayomide olayiwola
Its 9.am already and still stalked in the heavy traffic on third mainland bridge when she ought to have resume work before 8am. She has an appointment with the owner of telecommunication network by 8am to sign a huge contract which she can’t afford to screw up in other to avoid conflict with her boss. As she is the acting general manager of the newspaper company, the only person to question her is her boss. She likes punctuality to work so that the other workers can emulate that. Aside that she has to be of good conduct if she is going to be given the post of the general manager full time.
Still wondering what was causing the traffic, very furious a voice from the back spoke out in a very calm but high tone ,”madam please move forward’’, the voice echoed from the traffic. Ayomide a well discipline lady, a no nonsense lady though well groomed woman who grew up on the street, looked back and shouted “you must be mad why don’t you come and carry the car and fly". She yelled at the top of her lungs that even those passing by could see her veins showing her level of anger. The driver of the other car came down, as he was not expecting that. Ayomide sensing that there was going to be trouble, put away her sit belt, tied her headgear very well and switched off her engine not minding those in the traffic with them as these was always part of Nigerians mentality. She came down, sprung towards this the man not even minding is physique or the fact he his putting on an expensive suit, and she yelled out “And what are you going to do? Are you going to beat a woman?" Pushing the man but lo and behold the young man did not touch her, all he said was "Madam calm down am the one who is meant to be angry not you, but Ayomide won't listen to his words. She will not go down without a fight either. She was saying
"You think women her inferior because you are putting on a tuxedo suit? It makes you think you can talk to me anyhow."
Now the tension was building up and she was creating a huge scene while this young man is prevent himself from being dirty as he is suppose to be at a very important meeting that would help boost the popularity of his telecommunication company which he just started 2 years. This newspaper company will help with publicity and some other business related issues. He was very polite and respectful as he pleaded with the woman to please go back to her car and bury the hatchet. Ayomide would not listen until people intervened and by now they were the only two causing traffic, as the road is now free. Out of anger, Ayomide went back to her 2015 G-WAGON with a little bit of satisfaction in her mind that no one in Nigeria can treat her like dirt. As she drove, off to her office.

On getting to her office, she was welcome by her secretary Esther,
"Ma you arrived late today I hope all is well?"
Ayomide sharing not only business bond with her secretary was quick to respond as she said
"It was one stupid man and the traffic that caused it, well, that is by the way has our client arrived?"
"No ma, he also called to say he was stalked in the traffic. He changed the appointment meeting to this afternoon without giving a reason for that."
Ayomide immediately responded, "This is why men should not even rule this country. They make appointment and then cancel it in the last minute."
She and Esther laughed aloud about it as she walked to her office to settle over some unfinished business from the previous day.

12:00pm
"Has he called yet?" Ayomide asked.
"Yes ma he said he will be with us in a jiffy." Esther responded hastily as she dashed into Ayomide’s office to set things up for the closed-door meeting.
A security guard ran inside very fast as if he was going to lose his job. He said madam, "he is here."
As they have been preparing for the meeting two days ago and will not want to screw things up. This is the company's first major deal to set a reputation and Ayomide knows that she the deal is her only chance of maintaining her integrity in the company. "Please bring him in here," she said with nervousness in her voice.
She could hear the footstep coming closer towards her office. “Good afternoon sir” she said immediately the door opened with her hands stretched out. As sweat was rolling down from her nicely plaited braid, she got the shocker of her life.

“what goes around always comes back around” _law of karma
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2016
eunisam (35), Harrisibor, engineerjt (30 ), afanda ( 34 ), sino , sekeyso (30), ajos145 , kunlef(41 ), Tukura (26 ), Tumiki (36 ), oladsey , bb6xt (32 ), obiachina ( 39 ), ehretata ( 32 ), favouredon , mamagee3 ( 22 ), eejo(36 ), Zzyluv , Idolys (26 ), Deyemmy (27 ), duro4chang ( 51 ), hayweezee , fleczon , ogbajeik(27 ), dharniehl (26 ), Richcreed (30 ), Addegbuyi (37 ), prisho (38 ), sebod , Inansmanny , dukenestor , pdf90 , pclever1 (32 ), Ogojohn (45 ), BANKY4GOD (31 ), oote (35), deesquarediddy, omogbolahanwon (26 ), Lawrence4556 ( 36 ), Krasid , ladokuntlad, phatjerry , Igboboy59 ( 22 ), gandyluv (23 ), Dahveydson , xtremeinv (27 ), dolphinbee , temmiesexy(21 ), Hemmyjay( 26 ), bquin2all , heayey ( 21 ), shawrygal, realwan44 (24 ), bunku (26 ), ImanuelJannah ( 26 ), ajatim( 30 ), ycmdng , monimekaz (23 ), pabon (24 ), Mayordiva (31 ), ajilegend (31 ), emaboi ( 22 ), Kingakanimo (21 ), boyafx (31 ),

1 Like

Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Repogirl : am now writing

slap1 come n see ur brother

funnynation. most mentioned guy

ada9103 my crush

modsennemy come n see

ironkurtain u inspired me with bloodline bro

lalasticlala

ishilove

mynd44

audreytimms
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by Ashiat39(f): 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nice job. But please, you have to work on your discriptive skill. For instance, you suppose to give full details of each characters especially, the prominent one(s).
Another thing is that of your use of tenses and typological error, make sure you proof read befor you update.
Lastly, don't starve us please, i know it may not be easy but please try
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ashiat39:
Nice job. But please, you have to work on your discriptive skill. For instance, you suppose to give full details of each characters especially, the prominent one(s).
Another thing is that of your use of tenses and typological error, make sure you proof read befor you update.
Lastly, don't starve us please, i know it may not be easy but please try

thank you.... I sincerely appreciate... I would work more on that in d next chapter
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by Ashiat39(f): 4:52am On Apr 21, 2016
olarhtunji:

thank you.... I sincerely appreciate... I would work more on that in d next chapter

you are welcom.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by Ada9103(f): 7:48am On Apr 21, 2016
olarhtunji:

ada9103 my crush

modsennemy come n see

lalasticlala

ishilove

mynd44

audreytimms

OK dear more ink to your pen abi more data.... Whichever ways am following but hope you won't stop mid way? Audrey timms rocks she's too good
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by funnynation(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2016
olarhtunji:
ada9103 my crush
modsennemy come n see
lalasticlala
ishilove
mynd44
audreytimms
nice one brother.. Keep it up
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by funnynation(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2016
can u develop movie script?

1 Like

Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
yes ....Email me traviebond@gmail.com

funnynation
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
Chapter 2: what karma says

Standing right in her front, was a young man with average height, an athletic body and a very broad shoulder that you could probably see is bisects through the shirt he was wearing. He had a clean shave that the smell of his cologne could be perceive from miles away. He is in his early thirties. Ayomide did not notice all these in him as she was still in shock seeing that the person standing in front of her, was the same man she insulted in the traffic. She stood there in front of him for minutes, speechless hoping it should not be true.
"Hello, are you there?" the man said as he waved his hands in front of her. Ayomide noticing this quickly realize that she needs to face reality now because there is nowhere to run to rather than apologise for what happened earlier in the morning.
She said in a very low tone, "come and have your sit sir." She pointed towards the direction of the chair facing the window where you could see the busy street of Lagos.
The man politely sat down on the chair has they began their meeting; he said pretending as if he could not recognise her, "Sorry, I am late. A woman in traffic today tore my cloth so I had to go home and change."
Ayomide as polite as she could be, said, oh! Sorry, that is just women for you. They don’t like been cheated because of their gender," trying to justify herself for her action and praying he not notice she was the one. Hearing this, he smiled at her and immediately apologized for not introducing himself.
"Well, I am Michael Adebanjo, the chairman and owner of STF telecommunication."
"It is nice to finally meet you sir. We have been expecting you for over a month now, sir."
"Well, that is by the way," he said.
Immediately, Ayomide went for a paper she kept inside her drawer and handed it over to Michael to sign. Michael collected the paper, which has the company's terms and condition. He unzipped is bag and kept the paper inside.
Ayomide, surprised by his action, immediately said with a shaky voice, "Sir, you are supposed to go through the document and sign so we can commence publication. Michael said politely with a faint smile across his face,
"I would have to take this and review it later as I am still suffering from trauma of what I experienced this morning from you."
Ayomide was so shocked now that it was as if all the weight of the world was resting on her shoulder. Deep inside her mind she was saying, "o my God! I cannot believe he recognised me. She was almost in tears and started pleading, "please forgive me, sir." She was almost on her knee.
Michael said, "a mad man would not be kneeing down begging unnecessarily with a little of anger in his voice" as he picked his bag to leave. A thousand thought ran through Ayomide’s mind because she knew if she does not get the deal, it will not only affect her promotion as the general manager but would also mean she was going to lose her job immediately. She ran towards the door trying to stop Micheal from leaving the office.
Michael immediately said in a low tone, "are you going to create another scene here or planning to tear my shirt?" Ayomide now in tears as her mascara, roll down her face, pleaded seriously has she tried to convince him to sign the deal. She would not let go off the door, as Micheal will not struggle with her over letting him out of the office. He definitely wants to leave the office very quick as he has somewhere to be.
He said, "Let me out please, there are companies out there wanting this deal and I have to go see if i consider their deal." Ayo knowing he will not listen to anything pleaded to at least let her treat him to lunch the next day so she could explain herself and maybe try to convince him to please reconsider signing the deal.
Michael laughed aloud and said "really? So you can disgrace me there also right?" After much pleading and persuasion, he agreed to accept the lunch offer. She was happy and grateful to hear this. She left the door for him to leave the office as she wiped off her tears with a tissue.

(“At times life comes with unexpected pleasures that might be sweet or bitter but you decide what to choose."wink
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
I will try to post frequently.... very busy ATM
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
hapter 3: the meeting

The alarm sounded out very loud. She rolled to the left side of the bed to stop it but stopped; deep inside of her, she could feel something was different about that day. She was not feeling like herself. Has she actually asked a male out for lunch because of a contract deal? "But well, that is part of business she thought as she rolled out of bed. She put on her slippers and head towards the kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee as she has refused to have a housemaid.
"Good morning madam," said Esther. Ayomide replied with a nod has she was stilling sipping her coffee. "Madam, I think Mr Michael is kind man. His physique is just what all ladies are looking for in a man." Hearing this, Ayomide spilled her coffee all over the floor. She seems irritated by what Esther said. "His smile and laughter is just breath taking. I think this is the kind of guy you should associate yourself with."
Ayomide burst into laughter and said, "Why do you think my kind of man would be someone with such physique? Do you think I am interested in any man right now? They cannot be trusted. I love myself more like this." They both laughed about it and then Esther said, "I don’t mind dating him though he is my kind of man."
"You can go on. There is no string attached between Mr Michael and me. Just be careful with such a handsome person. They find it easy to cheat on their partner. I see them as Casanovas." Ayomide said and went into her office.
Immediately after she closed the door, she went through the documents on her table. She could not concentrate. The event of the previous day kept coming through her mind. Still thinking about the shock she had and the promise she made to convince Mr. Michael.
"How will I be able to convince this man like this? God, please help with this. I hope I get this contract signed," she thought. She picked the phone to tell her boss the recent development on the contract deal and how she has to meet Mr. Michael to seal the deal regardless of what happened between her and Michael.

1:00pm
"Madam, you have a call from Mr. Michael," said Esther has she gives the phone to Ayomide. Shocked at how desperate Michael is, she collected the phone and said immediately, ‘what do you want from me sir?’
Michael responded with calmness, ‘why are you not picking my calls?’ Ayomide said, ‘it rudeness. Am I supposed to pick up during office hours?’ Michael sighed has he said, ‘I was wondering if you would be free this weekend and would like to go watch a movie at the cinema with me.’ Ayomide was quick to respond has she said, ‘Am very sorry but I think it would not be possible. I don’t allow my relationships with my clients to be more than business related. Michael said very smartly, ‘you don’t have to say no because you still owe me and moreover the business deal have not been finalized. It can possibly be cancelled.’ Ayomide hearing this smiled as she has never actually met a guy that can stand against her. She agreed to go with him just once which he should not call her again after that but only business meetings. Michael reluctantly agreed.
Ayomide with much nervousness in her, thought about how it was going to look like. Right from the day she met Michael, her life and thought has begin to change. She has being having feelings that she cannot really explain. She possibly does not want to get caught up in the middle of any of this. After thinking for a little while she went online to shop for new clothes and shoes has she was very nervous about her date the next day.

Saturday night
‘Wow! That was a really nice movie. We should do that more often or what do you think,’ as Michael walked Ayomide to the front of her door. Ayomide said in a low tone, ‘I do not know. I am a little tired right now. I think I need to sleep.’
Michael said, ‘Am sorry about the crazy ex we bashed into. She just won’t stop disturbing,’ as he held on to her hand and Ayomide could feel the hair on his arms brushing through her skin and her mind was all blown up about these.
As they got the front the door mike said, ‘at least I can get a hug if not anything and they laughed as Ayomide threw herself into the warmth of his hands. She could feel his chest on her breast and she wanted to UnCloth right in front of him. Michael was slowly loosing it; he could feel her breast hard on his chest and her soft skin on his. He looked into her eyes and kissed her lips softly and even the weather agreed to it and did not disturb.
Ayomide was lost between worlds not knowing where she was and Michael slowly backed away as he whispered in her ears, ‘please be mine, I promide not to break your heart.’ Ayomide lost for words, she could not say anything but ran inside and locked the door as she sat on the floor very close to the door. She held her chest like she was trying to guide her heart from falling for him.
Michael walked away gently without bothering to knock on the door. He felt like he has messed up really bad but something inside of him felt like he did the right thing has he would not let the opportunity of dating her pass by.
Ayomide still on the floor started crying not because she did not have a nice time but because she could not believe she is starting to fall for him, after she has promised herself not to. Knowing very well that she would be running a plan she and her boss had set aside. She thought about everything, whether to go on with loving him or just break up all connections with him as she slowly drifts away into sleeping right where she was lying down.
Secrets.......at times they survive for years at times they fight to reveal themselves............

2 Likes

Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by funnynation(m): 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
olarhtunji:
yes ....Email me traviebond@gmail.com
funnynation
lets talk for watsapp first or facebook. 08066679200 or funnynation comedian for facebook
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 7:13am On Apr 23, 2016
Chapter 4 :
agreement
Two months later............
‘Babe what’s wrong?’ Why are you so moody?’ Michael asked as he was really worried about Ayomide mood.
‘Don’t worry. It’s nothing. I would be fine.’ Michael cuts in, ‘I insist tell me.’
After much persuasion, Ayomide finally gave in as he said to her, ‘if we can’t tell each other what’s wrong with us, then how are we suppose to move forward.’
Ayomide sighed as she said, ‘the company is in debt of about 200 million naira and the companies we are owing debt are demanding for their money. They are planning on taking us to court and you know what that means. They would have to take all our assets and probably sell it to get their money. I love my job so much and don’t want to see my colleagues unemployed. We have tried some banks to give us loan but they can’t give us up to that amount and even if they would, it can’t be this week and we have just a month to refund the money.’ She said all these in tears as Micheal tried to console her. He thought about what he could do to help. Then, he remembered he has been keeping about 500 million naira for a politician and he does not think he would need the money anytime soon. He told Ayomide all these but she refused to accept it the money from him because it’s not his concern. He insists and then she finally agreed to accept but he gave a condition that it has to be done legally between the two parties.
Ayomide was furious and said, ‘so you don’t trust me that we have to involve a lawyer in this?
‘No, it’s not that. It just that it’s not a little amount of money. Moreover, I am not borrowing you directly but your firm.’ Then they both agree as she hugged him and gave him a happy kiss.

The twist

‘Hello, am I speaking to Mr. Michael?
‘Yes, I am the one. How can I help you?
‘This is the corruption investigation agency. We are calling on behalf of the 500 million given to you by Honourable David Boye. He is now in our custody for embezzling the money from the fund placed for building a hospital in a rural area. He has given us a document that shows that the money is with you.’
Mike was lost of words as he heard this. He almost fainted has he had this, he started stammering. He said, ‘yes, the money was sent to me but I presently do not have it.’
The voice speaking to him through the phone said, ‘that’s not our business as of now. We are sending our delegates to pick you up and you are going to be probed immediately. The caller hung up. Michael now almost in tears, felt as if the world was falling apart.
He called Ayomide, ‘Ayomide, am in trouble with the CIA and...’ Before he could finish his statement, the agency where already at his office and he was dragged into their car and drove off.
Ayomide now worried and confuse, immediately picked her car keys and dashed out of the office without even telling anyone. She drove straight to the headquarters where she met with Michael who had by then is undergone investigation. All his properties have been seized, he had nothing to call his and was given a week ultimatum to return the remaining the money or his assets would be taken.
‘Am very sorry, she said with tears in her eyes. ‘You are not the one that supposed to be here. Tell them I am with the remaining money.’
Michael with a weak smile said to her, ‘don’t worry. It would be alright. I am not going to implicate you. I love you. If my asset would go for it so be it.’
‘No’, Ayomide said as she was by now crying vigorously. Michael was trying to console her said, ‘you should not be crying instead we should be thinking on how to get the money from your company.’ He held on to Ayomide tightly like he feared she was going to break apart and told her, ‘I hope you don’t mind if I stay at your place for a couple of days till we figure something out. Ayomide nodded immediately with very much agreement as they both walked into Ayomide’s car.

Betrayal

By now mike have stayed at ayomides house for three weeks with a week left before deadline and there is still no development on the issue as he took time to talk to ayomide when she got back from work has he said ayo whats going on here am not hearingany update on the issue,whats your boss saying, ayomide its my career we are talking about here all i have struggled to build all by myself. Ayomide immediately cuts in the CEO would be visiting tomorrow so i would table it before him she said the matter was closed
Goodmorning sir she greeted the ma in front of her the CEO of metro international News paper. Yes how may i help you ayomide he said. Sir its about the money we lent from mr mike, yes what about the money. He his now undergoing investigation and all his asset has been seized unless he returns the money before the end of the month she said as mr peter Johnson looked at her with annoyance and said its not our concern its simply the logic of business collect from someone here pay someone there aand don’t care who gets hurt he , its not part of our plan to return the money or are you telling me you are in love with him already he said i thought you really cared about these company and nothing more she cuts in immediately now very much uncomfortable as she was almost screaming but these is an human being who woud lost everything he has worked for all his life and you telling me the law of business she said very much angry and mr peter replied how dare you raise your voice on me why didn’t you disagree with the idea when i brought it before you started going out with him he said. She replied i was blind then but now i see and we have to pay back and save him....mr peter now on his feet said to her i hope you are blind enough to see these that in the agreement signed if the company cant pay then you are the one to pay as he laughed mischieviously and immediately she said but theres a second agreement that says if i don’t pay up early all my assets including my shares here would go for it and i have 70% of the shares here as you don’t know i have been buying shares under an anonymous name so i can own the company later on.. on hearing these he laughed and said to her only me have the paper so now you are fired! Get out of my office before i call the security on you and hey don’t forget carry all your properties on hearing these she burst into tears,confused about what to do or the next step to take has she has nothing she can use against him.
Meanwhile while all these went on the office esther overheard their discussion and immediately called mike as she was never happy about the relationship between mike and ayomide hey am i speaking with mr mike she said, yes who am i speaking with please mike said politely,yes am esther ayomides secretary she said without much hesitation she hurriedly said are you available on whatsapp i want to send an audio file to you hand immediately she hanged up before anyone could possibly hear her making a call. Ayomide on the other hand now is devastated and does not know what to do angrily packed her things and on the road home to tell mike the truth and nothing but the truth but unfortunately on getting home mike as packed his stuffs prepared to leave and she not knowing what was going on asked him with a shaky voice mike where are you going? , so you have the guts to tell me that right, i loved you with all i had and would not even call you out he said with tears rolling down eyes as he carried the little things he brought to her house. Please don’t go i can explain everything she said with tears are eyes too, don’t give me that look ayomide, don’t you dare give me that look i gave up everything for you thinking i was fighting for something worth more than money and properties he said as he slowly walks away , am sorry i never knew i would fall in love i was manipulated by my boss, she said immediately he heard these he looked back and said i think you should go and love yourself because i don’t love you anylonger slamming the gate behind him as he walks away thinking about where he would go now he cant go back to his uncles place as it would be a big disgrace going back there after several years of not seting his eyes on them the only option he has left his to go to ex girlfriends place though she might judge him but that is his only option. Meanwhile ayomides world is crashing apart she does not know what to do, where to go or who to call due to the fact she is the one to blame but she was scared also of what mike would be up to or even where he would go.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 8:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Chapter 5

the devil in white

good morning, i made you breakfast as a little token of appreciation for allowing me to stay with you he said as he dropped a meal of bread,egg and tea on the centre table just close to the bed becky was lying on as he sat close to her with a smile on his face that can be seen a distance away, immediately she said oh you don’t have to do these, but have always wanted these but that psychopath you call your girlfriend came and ruined the moment now you see what you get after i begged you not to go with her but you refused , mike cuts in and said but you were the one making it look as if you are with because of my money and wanted us to get married just barely two months we met but ayomide did not even act like she was with me because of what i had he said with a little smile on his face she cuts in said immediately just imagine what you are saying the same girl you are glamouring about have ruined it all for you and you just two days to call her out or its over for you , we cannot live in these in one room self contain together you better get back to your senses and claim whats yours. After much convincing he finally gave into what becky said as he thought to himself i have nothing to loose at least she played with my emotions too has he prepares to go the CIA office to testify, where are you going becky said, am going to collect whats mine from the agency he said with a big smile cutting through is face. On hearing these becky was very much excited as she jumped him and gave a very warm kiss after she he then told her am sorry if i had judged you all along and am wondering if you would still want to be my girlfriend after all might have made you go through emotionally, without hesitation or much thinking she said yes immediately and yet again with a kiss as deep as the ocean.

Never Regret

Sorry ma we need you to evacuate these apartment with immediate effect as the officer in front of ayomide showed her a letter, she was not surprised as she has expected that to happen and was ready to leave the house admist tears as she thought to herself that where else can she go she certainly cannot go back to parent and certainly cannot go to her family members, she was not ready to face such a embarasement at least not yet but maybe if things get out of hand she certainly might have to lay her Ego to rest and go back to her parent but she does not want to involve family in the issue as mother might not take very well as she is suffering from high blood –pressure. What other option does she have left she thought to herself and she rememberd esther hetr then secretary as she i,,ediately packed her properties as she lives the building and been escorted to the headquarters for proper questioning.
Madam we had that the sum of 200 miillion naira was transferred to you by mr miike and the proper documents are here saying you would be the one to pay the money if the company cant pay it but madam can i ask you a question the investigator said as she nodded knowing she has nothing left to loose why would you be willing to take such risk for a company that is not even owned or co owned by you the man said . ayomide could not utter a word as it was all coming back to her aat why she was so desperate to take such a risk for a company she might not find herself working in more years to come . well the man said we are going to give you grace of a week to refund the money or else we would have to sell all your assets and if after selling all we cant still get the money complete he said now with anger in his voice we would communicate the consequence to you. You may take your live now ma th man said as he pointsn to the door ayomide stood up as she walked out in shame.
Good morning sweetheart becky said as she placed a cup of hot coffee on the table for mike by now she has moved into mikes apartment and now are already living together has couples, thank you honey mike said as he was so engrossed with the game he was playing and did not even notice to when becky went out. As he turned to take a sip of the coffee he smelt milk in it and immediately dropped it because he was lactose intolerant as he wondered why becky would forget these after telling her several times he beckoned on his house help sola he called out yes my oga she said, take these rubbish out my sight please he said angrily as sola rushed and took the cup away but thought to herself why waste a good creamy coffee when she can drink it. It was not up to 10 minutes after she drank it she started screaming she has stomach ache and was rolling on the floor and unfortunately befotr mike could get to the hospital she has given up the ghost he was surprised and scared as at what could have killed her and demanded that an autopsy be done on her to ascertain the cause of her death.
Whats your problem esther said with much strength in her voice, i would go to work everyday and yet you cant cook for me before i come back or wash the clothes i left outside or you are still feeling like the boss if you know you cant do what i ask you to do its better you leave right now you hear me as she pulled ayomides ear who was just there crying and regretting all her actions she has taken . in fact start going, get out of my house esther said as she went inside the room where ayomide was staying at started throwing her things out one after the other . Ayomide tried begging to given some extra time to figure out where to go but esther kept on deaf ears as she continued throwing her things out while all these were happening ayomide was wondering and thbking where else she could go by now her siblings were already calling her for fees and allowance . something in her was telling to go back to mike another thing was telling not to dare butv instead go back to her parent house but she was not sure she is ready to face the disgrace and embarrassment she would meet there.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by Modsenemy(f): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2016
olarhtunji:

ada9103 my crush

modsennemy come n see

lalasticlala

ishilove

mynd44

audreytimms

I wldnt hav know u were writing a story if not that I mistakenly checked my "following tab" . Is dis d spelling of my my moniker? undecided

Well lemme start reading sha even though the writeup has piled up cry
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by joanee20(f): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
Great story..following
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by sebod(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
Following with keen interest!
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
Am sorry d last chapter I updated was not well organized... I thought I pasted d one I edited....please pardon me as I would modify it later on before posting the next chapter.

.thank u
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2016
download the new story I wrote
unveiling the truth
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/9440fd55
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by eunisam: 11:06pm On May 06, 2016
next pls
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2016
Chapter 6

By now,becky have not come home for about 3days now. making mike worried has he does not even know what was going on and her number is switched off,even friends said they don’t know are whereabout. while he was at it trying to call her he received a mail from the hospital stating the cause of the death of the housemaid as poisoning, after she drank the coffee prepared for him. him noticing these broke down in tears and it became clear immediately why becky would want to kill him and after much thinking he got the answer to his question as he remembered it was part of her quest to kill him so she could inherit all his properties and he was really heartbroken as why he has bad luck towards women as he sank deep into the sofa lost in his thoughts and what to do from here he was thinking never to get himself involved with anything that as to do with girls and vowed to himself to be alone and probably even die alone because right now, he his very tired of trying.he stood up and headed to the fridge where he had quite a whole lot of alcohol as he started gulping a full bottle down he had the house bell rang has he moved towards the door slowly and sluggishly,
as he opened the door without even asking who was there he saw Ayomide to his uttermost surprised and immediately said "what are you looking for here", are you here to blackmail me again like you did previously?" as he was about to shut the door she held on to the door with all her strength as she said to him "i know i have wronged you and i do not expect you to forgive me or accept we date back. i just want you to please think of my family,my mother she has high blood pressure and if she hears all that his going on she probably might not even make it to the next day and i have no where to go, Esther threw me out of her house and her main reason was because she loved you first and i came along. I know you certainly do not care but please help me i promise you will never see me again in your life i will be gone forever".mike was still very much angry and he said i see no reason why i should help you because your excuse is still not enough but because of your siblings as i don’t want them to be orphans just like me,but know if it were only you i would probably call the police on you and yes i want you out of my life forever and ever and after much convincing he decided to help and he asked her what can i do to help you? And she said, "while i was leaving the company i took his phone and i believe he his having extra marital affair with somebody who has a kid for him abroad but i don’t know his password,have tried everything i know and i believe since you good with computers you might be able to hack through it" on hearing this, mike answered you want me to help you hack a stolen phone that's so crazy must you take a part of everyone you meet?", well whats the deal here after hacking he said , i would use it to blackmail him that's my last resort she said and after much convincing mike agreed to help[ based on the agreement that if things get out of hands and does not go has expected she would not mention his name and she agreed to the terms he gave her.

Now its around 5pm in the evening and mike was still busy trying to hack through the phone before it started raining heavily till about 9pm and he knew ayomide would not be able to leave that evening and he said to her the guest room is available for you and you know where it is, without saying anything ayomide stood up and headed directly towards the direction of the room to have her bath while mike was still busy with the hacking and drinking heavy to stop himself from thinking about all he has been through lately.
Ayomide walked towards where mike was sitting with her towel rolled round her waist you could probably see her hair wet making her so sexy and she said to mike "how is it going?" who looked up at her face and immediately got cold chills that ran from is head through is bisects down is lower body which he could not help but reply the message it got by standing Erect and he could not say anything but just sat wondering then she leaned towards the computer to see how far he has gone and you could see the top her cleavages from the towel as it was so beautiful and revealing. The side of her breast were touching his shoulder and by now he was very much uncomfortable and still could not utter a word. As she looked towards him to ask him again there eyes met and these was like probably the most beautiful thing that could have happen as they both just stirred at each other like they were searching for answers in each others eyes...
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 2:04pm On May 08, 2016
The SHADES OF DECEPTION IS BACK AND UPDATING!!
cc eunisam

please I need you guys encouragement and criticism if am going to continue,I just feel like am alone and have seen the posy have over 600 views( ghost readers) its unfair please encourage or criticise

Thank You.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by Missmossy(f): 3:16pm On May 08, 2016
Interesting piece. Work more on the arrangement of your paragraph and also on the spacing.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by dammyluv911(f): 4:30pm On May 09, 2016
its vry interesting pls more update
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 5:13pm On May 09, 2016
as they moved slowly towards each other like in the movies but deep inside ayomide's mind if she actually want to do these it would be with nobody but him and mike who is very much sober was not thinking about any other thing more than just having the figure that is standing in front him. As they leaned closer enough to have a very much deep kiss which was mixed with the taste of alcohol that even made it more interesting as they kissed each other passionately and softly like they were scared they would bite each others lips off. He slowly reached for his wallet searching for a condom with his right hand while is second hand was busy working on her body and he could not find any he would not throw away a chance like this for anything in the world and by now he does care what the outcome would be as he slowly settled between her legs and reached down to her pant she was probably lost in worlds and could not utter a word but instead it turned her moans into a one long,high-pitched orgasm . She shuddered against him, her legs all round his waist as his chest was pinned to her breast until their sweat-slick bodies are sliding together as he slided slowly into her she made the most glorious sounds-raw, intense and very melodious to his ear as `he drove harder till he has no more strength left and he did these till they both got tired and exhausted and slept off.

Ayomide woke up and looked at her side and could not see mike and she dressed up went to the parlour and said Good morning and immediately he handed her the phone and said "its unlocked and you are right he has two kids abroad so good luck with you getting back your assets" as he stood up to go to his room and she said "that's just it?" He turned back and "what else? Is it about yesterday night it was totally a mistake i was sober and am sorry about it, it was a mistake so what do you want again from me" . hearing these she burst into tears as she rushed back to the guest room pack all her things and ran out of the house very angry and in tears and mike watched all these happen but something in him felt he was guilty but she started it all and now she knows how it feels to put everything on the line for someone and been taken advantage of.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by eunisam: 9:14pm On May 09, 2016
every ghost reader must be punished by the punished.you are the reason for the delay in update.why not make a comment registering your presence?
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 9:10am On May 19, 2016
Chapter 7

inside Sodom

Ayomide successful in getting her things back,was thinking on the next move for her life as she certainly need to change Environment after all the drama that have happened but she have been feeling a little sick lately so she decided to visit the hospital as she have been vomiting lately and adding weight has she feared she might be pregnant and does not want to believe she was and it was discovered she actually was. she's very confused on what to do can she raise a child alone, what about if he grows up and wants to know about his father , what about if mick does not accept the child,like she would even tell him in the first place about it. All these thoughts ran through her mind she thought about what to do she definitely would not abort the child she does not want to be a murder. In fact her mother would not be happy about it she thought about all these as she finally decided its better for to move out of the country and have a fresh start.

Mike now was probably having is tenth bottle of alcohol in five hours its been a month now and he could not stop thinking about the other night, he has had a lot of sleepless nights and felt really guilty as he took he was the one that deflowered her and yet he did not call to know how she was doing but another part of him told him he was on the right path.
Re: The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji by olarhtunji(m): 4:37pm On May 24, 2016
Exit out Sodom

By now mike has decided within himself to go and apologise to her before they eventually part ways though he still loved her very much but he was not sure she would feel the same after what happened but he has nothing to loose all he wants was for them to part ways on good note as headed to her gate knocking very hard, tried calling her her number wa switched off till the neighbour responded sorry she has moved out of the house. very surprised he asked to where please, i don’t know you should call the care taker the lady replied him as she was reaching to her phone to give him the number . immediately he called and was going to meet up with the caretaker while going he thought to himself should not just leave her at least she have moved on already and doing just fine but yet he still felt like she should go on find her trusting his instincts not to disappoint him he sets out to the caretakers place.
Thank you sir he said as he left the caretakers place headed for the airport hotel believing he might just probably see her he did not even search much after getting there before seeing her sitting alone by the pool side stirring at the water as he went straight to her and said Ayomide am sorry about everything have done, sorry about how i acted the other day after that night i was just scared without not even caring whether she was listening or not she turned and said so its after a month you are sorry right as tears begin to roll down her face like a waterfall, i gave myself to you, my dignity to you and all you told me that it was a mistake she said with a little anger. Now mike is in tears amd too amd he said i don’t expect you to accept me back, i just want to part ways in good note at least if it makes you happy, ayomide by now have stood up to leave and was about picking up her bag when a paper fell out and immediately mike bent down and picked it up and she was going to struggle to collect it when he saw it was a pregnancy test result and was surprised and said ayomide why did you not tell me? , now she was scared he might not accept the pregnancy and she was ready to live with that but was very surprised when she saw him jump up in excitement and was shouting am going to be daddy that everyone could here and people started congratulating them and he went on his knee in front of ayomide and said to her i knew me meeting was either going to two ways either you accept me or you don’t at least i know i would have to live with one for the rest of my life and am not scared to say i am ready to live with all your flaws as he brought out a diamond ring from the pocket of his jean and said looking at her by now people have gathered all around and those interested in taking pictures are doing that ayomide sarah olayiwola would you do me honour of been my wife till death do us part by now people her chanting say yes and ayomide very much surprised shouted yes in tears as he bent down to kiss him with strength and people clapped so hard as the day now itself was smiling at them.

GRATITUDE

so d story have ended and am very grateful to those that
read and dropped a comment ...u can read my next story by
clicking d link below
www.nairaland.com/3114345/unveiling-truth-shattered-
heart-olarhtunji

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diary Of A Lagos Housegirl 2 / Harbinger Of Darkness (a Mythology Fiction) / Life Afterwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.