Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:41 PM

MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me (1629 Views)

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / Kindly Advise Me On The Behaviour Of My Managing Director / I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by ticker(m): 5:50am On Apr 21, 2016
I am a banking and finance graduate. I intend to go for my masters but am a little bit confused on which to enrol. I need an advice on which of the two, MBF or MBA, do you think is the best and well recognised by employers. pls help a brother
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by ticker(m): 6:25am On Apr 21, 2016
pls i need advice
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by ticker(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2016
22 views with no comments.
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by janvier27(m): 7:59am On Apr 21, 2016
MBA will complement what you already have, since your first degree is in Banking & Finance.
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by calculator123(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2016
MBA should be ur main focus.
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by ticker(m): 11:32am On Apr 21, 2016
calculator123:
MBA should be ur main focus.
is it becos its more recognise than MBF or how sir? remember I study Banking n finance. I will appreciate ur response sir
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by ticker(m): 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
i need more helpful advice
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by calculator123(m): 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
ticker:
is it becos its more recognise than MBF or how sir? remember I study Banking n finance. I will appreciate ur response sir
it gives u an edge even when u get to executive level,u can apply for many roles unlike Mbf with is kind of restricted.
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by ticker(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2016
calculator123:
it gives u an edge even when u get to executive level,u can apply for many roles unlike Mbf with is kind of restricted.
tnx sir. God bless u
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by calculator123(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
ticker:
tnx sir. God bless u
you are welcome
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by Meetmeat(m): 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Go MBA and specialized in finance.MBA has many area of specialization like finance,hr,marketing,management
Re: MBA OR MBF. Pls Advise Me by Gerrard59(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
ticker:
I am a banking and finance graduate. I intend to go for my masters but am a little bit confused on which to enrol. I need an advice on which of the two, MBF or MBA, do you think is the best and well recognised by employers. pls help a brother

You're a Banking & Finance graduate, If I may ask, do you have any work experience(s)? At least 2 years?. How old are you? When did you graduate? School? Career aspirations? These are pertinent questions you NEED to ask yourself before embarking on a further degree and knowing which to choose.

Masters in Banking and Finance if you ask me is not advisable as it's restrictive, thereby making you to be solely in the banking industry. Most IB bankers, whether in VI or Wall Street or The City possess an MBA and not a MBF and from GOOD schools. Which brings us to the MBA program; which business school are you aiming at? Do you have the resources(exchange rate things)? The prestige and alumni of the school? Are you aiming global or intend staying local? If you aim global, I hope the school will give you value for your money? If it's local, anything apart from the Lagos Business School is a fraud. The sponsorship, is it going to be by your company(assuming you're working)? How many years is the business school? 1 or 2?

What are your career aspirations? Consulting, IB, Private Equity, Entrepreneurship, HR etc? If it's the first three, an MBA(CFA can suffice for IB) is invaluable and must be from a GOOD school!!.

In conclusion, an MBA is the best as it gives value for money and exit options(CEO, CFO, HR, Manager, Director). However, getting it depends on the business school and your work experience counts as most and the best business schools wouldn't accept anyone that has less than 2 years experience.

You can find more help here
http://www.jarushub.com/want-to-become-an-investment-banker-cfa-or-msc-finance/
http://www.jarushub.com/bsc-or-mba/?doing_wp_cron=1461344908.2945859432220458984375

Wish you the very best.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Attend Our 2 In 1 Certification Course On Sage 50 & Quickbooks Accounting(ibadan / Please Do Not Apply To Melrose Books And Publishing Ltd / A Uk Based Iso Certification Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.