Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill (603 Views)

Clinton Becomes First Woman To Be Democratic Party's Nominee / Harriet Tubman, Will Be On New US $20 Bill - BBC / Harriet Tubman To Replace Andrew Jackson On The Face Of The $20 Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by Blackberrybabes: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Harriet Tubman, the escaped slave who became a mainstay of the Underground Railroad, is the new face of the $20 bill, according to the Treasury Department.

Tubman is bumping incumbent Andrew Jackson off the currency .The $5 bill is also expected to change and include other civil rights leaders.Politico reports..
Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton hailed the change, tweeting

“A woman, a leader, and a freedom fighter,. “I can't think of a better choice for the $20 bill than Harriet Tubman.”
Tubman becomes the first woman to appear on U.S. paper currency in a century, following President Washington’s wife Martha — who was featured on a $1 silver certificate.

The official announcement will come later Wednesday, but the change in bills was already generating huge cheers.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/04/african-american-harriet-tubman-becomes.html

lalasticlala

Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by Blackberrybabes: 6:43am On Apr 21, 2016
Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by Oche211(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Good
Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by jcross19: 6:46am On Apr 21, 2016
I think this is a means to get hillary to the white house!!!!! Well that's pedigree to the family of that woman.
Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
Obama my niqqa. Now that's a cool way to leave government.
Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by Nellybank(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2016
Meanwhile i neva chop since morning
Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by Acjohn(m): 7:11am On Apr 21, 2016
Racist will refuse to use it and may be Donald trump would have to change it when he becomes the President who knows. Am waiting to see what complaints may come up as a reason why they need to change the money.
Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by BLINGZ88: 7:25am On Apr 21, 2016
I is still being proposed!!!
Re: African-american Harriet Tubman Becomes First Woman On US $20 Bill by Mynd44: 7:43am On Apr 21, 2016

(1)

Obama's Policies Directly Responsible For Orlando Massacre - John Mccain / Nine Donald Trump’s Lies / French Cities Declare War On Muslim Burqinis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.