Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. (10760 Views)

The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / Name Of Your First Car And Your Experience With It? / The First Car That Was Bought In Ido Ekiti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by tutuwater(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2016
Tell us about your first car experience. What car was it. What year. What stage of life were you. And how did you cope with managing a car.
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by ossaisly(m): 6:30am On Apr 22, 2016
I bought my first car for 620k, but despite that I spent almost 300k to fix it to my taste.

I was very ignorant and that act dealt with me.

My next car by the grace of God will a grade1 tokunbo, direct from source. That is if I don't money for a brand new one.

But one fact is that am no longer naÏve about cars.

8 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by tdayof(m): 6:32am On Apr 22, 2016
i will be back to share soon.
Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by steffans(m): 6:32am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car experience..
I was around 16-17 years old..

My mom took me to an open field with our Peugeot 504 and gave me the car...

First experience was very good bcuz I was longing to be on the steering for a long time.. So it was just nice to be behind d wheels officially.

But then again, the clutch of the old 504 was a hard thing to learn.. If anyone here understands what I am talking about..
The clutch was too high.. And releasing it b4 moving was a herculean task but I mastered it in no time. In a day or two..
Since then.. I have been driving different Honda Makes like Honda swear for me.... Lol

11 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:32am On Apr 22, 2016
Never owned a Car.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Farouksenior: 6:33am On Apr 22, 2016
Ikpa ...
Buhari no gree
Make we buy car
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by nicerichard05: 6:33am On Apr 22, 2016
First Car ko, Second Car ni? Abeg how I fit take get fuel? cry cry undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by akp202(m): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2016
..... Well I never buy car. I will comment when I must have

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by PissedOffWeed(m): 6:33am On Apr 22, 2016
All eyes were on me, friends were like Ben you don buy car? Car no fit you oh...mehn I woke up ...that dream yet not fulfilled.

7 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Darkchocolate(f): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was 'dashed' to me...make no mistakes though. It was a jalopy and the person wanted to get rid of it. Lmao! I was 18 years old...I can't even remember the name cos I never drove it. Hadn't passed my driving test at the time so had to park it up for years on end. embarassed

My second car was a Grey Nissan Primera...This was my practice car...lots of bumps and bumps and more bumps. I was 20 years...I finally passed my driving test. The jalopy was still parked up in the garage blocking up space, time and matter embarassed

Anyways...the next car was a Fiat Sciecento and then a Kia Picanto...and then a Leggedise Benz and then... Danfo buses cry...and then Uber cool...and then a *big reveal*....

wink

9 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by DBossNG(m): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2016
Car or vehicle?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by ednut1(m): 6:34am On Apr 22, 2016
about to launch my first car. its a 2014 dodge grin

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by defash8: 6:35am On Apr 22, 2016
I bought my brand new car same time I got married but my wife waited for a year before I allowed her to touch the car.
The car is looking wowo after.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Don't have a car yet sad
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by chukslawrence(m): 6:37am On Apr 22, 2016
Mine was bad ooo, i just day repair am day by day. It was agaba(used one) tho. "Oya make una come they lie".
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Amsonme(m): 6:37am On Apr 22, 2016
After I buy oneI will come nd comments
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by AdelokikiMr(m): 6:38am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car was Toyota Camry 2003 at d age of 24 in 2014 , I own that sexy car called big daddy , it never gave me any issue until this year when I change to Honda 2009 and am still loving it still and hoping to go to Benz next IJN .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 22, 2016
. Mechanic finished me.
I was ignorant of everything.
I almost regrate buying that car. Direct Toks in apperrent good condition

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by saaedlee: 6:40am On Apr 22, 2016
1994 volkswagen Jetta, My dad gave it to me in 2004. If I abandon it for 2 days straight, the only way I could start it was to open the caburetor and Pour fuel inside. There was this mechanic opposite Michelin at Trans-Amadi who was always saying I should buy one part or the other. He had a funny name; "chekube"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Biggestjoe72(m): 6:40am On Apr 22, 2016
My first car/expirience can better be described as, "One Week-One Trouble."

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by dokyOloye: 6:41am On Apr 22, 2016
My 1st was d popular Peugeot 504.
Was owned by my dad even though after a while, it technically became mine as I was d only one driving it then.
Learning to drive wasn't hard cos we also had a Yamaha motorcycle with a clutch set up wc I had already learnt hw to ride.
I was d envy of all friends then cos I started driving quiet early (JSS 3)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Wadasco(m): 6:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Car? my own? May be until next one year or two,
please nairalanders put me in your daily prayers to have one soonest.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by steffans(m): 6:42am On Apr 22, 2016
AdelokikiMr:
My first car was Toyota Camry 2003 at d age of 24 in 2014 , I own that sexy car called big daddy , it never gave me any issue until this year when I change to Honda 2009 and am still loving it still and hoping to go to Benz next IJN .
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by CaptainCodes(m): 6:44am On Apr 22, 2016
Had my first car experience at 17, during strike in school. I went to spend the break at my uncle's place, one of the weekdays, when he has gone to work, I took the key of his second car, (honda accord; bulldog) and started moving it within the compund. It was a beautiful experience. Kind of easy. When he came back from work, he found out, and asked me, "so you know how to drive?" I said "ah, yes sir". And that's how I learnt how to drive.

4 years later, I owned my first car. It was a Honda legend. Served me for a while, after which I disposed it off.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by banme1(m): 6:44am On Apr 22, 2016
defash8:
I bought my brand new car same time I got married but my wife waited for a year before I allowed her to touch the car.
The car is looking wowo after.
but u touched her right from the very first day I guess.

6 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by Wadasco(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=steffans post=44928134][/quote]
let you listen to big daddy story first...!!!
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by chukslawrence(m): 6:47am On Apr 22, 2016
nicerichard05:
First Car ko, Second Car ni? Abeg how I fit take get fuel? cry cry undecided
U wan use am for gen? I get 1 litre here for free at sambisa forest.
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by thesicilian: 6:48am On Apr 22, 2016
Bought my first car 3yrs ago, a Honda product. It was a nice fairly used car but I scattered it with my inexperience. Learnt a lot about cars with it, so I nicknamed it Mr. Lecturer. Still in good working condition, though I think my mechanic actually gets to see the car more than I do...

5 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by EagleScribes: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2016
I will post my comment when I get my first car.

I'm waiting for someone to bless me with it here

For now, I'm on the queue to get fuel for my bicycle sad

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by swagdopey: 6:51am On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=steffans post=44928134][/quote]
Re: Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. by HarryTellMe(m): 6:54am On Apr 22, 2016
Hmmm. My first personal car, aside the one I shared with my dad 9 years ago was bought this January.
It's a Honda Accord 1994 model, popularly called Honda Bullet. As a freelancing COMPUTER system administrator/ICT SUPPORT, earning less than 20k some months and close to 70k some few other months, the car has been the major shareholder of all my 2016 incomes so far. In an economic situation like this, you can all bear me witness that spending 3k one early morning on a car that had no issues the previous night, can make anyone want to sit down on sand sand and carry his two hands on his head and start crying without hearing any sorry from neighbours.
But truth be told, even at the age of my car, the chilling AC and sharp sound system in it are the only two things that give me the kind of joy that my ex-girlfriends have never given me. If you doubt me, just goan buy 2 litres of fuel for #500, wind up your windows and slam Wizkid ft. Sarkodie Ojuelegba on a Sunday evening while driving to "no where" ,you will see peace like you never seen before.
Tankyor.
Abeg make I go brush my sme sme mouth.

54 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Harassing For Driver's License Serial-Number / Diy: Immobiliser Delete On Bosch Motronic Me 7.5 Ecu (audi A4 B5 Facelift) / Best Gear To Use In Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.