Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? (8040 Views)

"76" Movie: Rita Dominic,Ramsey Nouah, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chidi Mokeme Staring / Rita Dominic, Eniola Badmus At The Giama Awards 2015 / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by eShegz(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2009
A female colleague of mine showed me a youtube clip of this young lady participant during a presentation task on the ongoing koko mansion show and couldn't help but laugh real hard. Apparently, the organisers of the show must have included the lady to spice up the show ala Ali Baba style hoping the viewers in time will vote her out for a more "befitting" kokolette for D'banj.

Alas, feelers from viewers both from the diaspora and even within the country seems to be in favour of Rita. As a matter of fact, the organisers are being accused of introducing certain intellectual tasks so as to exploit the lady's educational weakness!

A response on the show's website even went as far as accusing the organisers of the show of changing the main theme of the show from searching for "AN IDEAL AFRICAN WOMAN" to searching for "AN IDEAL AFRICAN AMBASSADOR" with thier introduction of certain tasks. This, it was alleged was aimed at edging the young lady out of the top spot of the show! http://www.kokomansion.tv/shownews.php?id=32

Now, the winner emerges on August  9th and the organisers have defined their ideal African Woman thus :

1. She's attractive

2. She's intelligent

3. She's eloquent

4. She's got self-esteem

5. She's confident

6. She's neat

7. She's a homemaker

8. She's industrious and business savvy

9. Her words are graceful

10. And She's a virtuous woman.  http://www.kokomansion.tv/shownews.php?id=3

Of course, the caveat "It's time to discard sentiments and excuses" was added for effect.

The questions are, Will D'banj and the organisers of this show crown Rita the Ultimate Kokolette if she has the highest vote?

If Rita eventually wins this, will she be a good ambassador of the lady folks in the eyes of the world?

How will she grant interviews, hold press conferences, hold meaningful discussions without sending the audience reeling with laughter like "Jenifa"?

And if she loses, will there not be some accusation of conspiracy theory on the part of the organisers?

After this show, how much will Rita affect the D'banj brand?
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by maedan(f): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
If Rita wins(highly unlikely) then they'll probably hide her in a cupboard somewhere and use someone else for the main duties the real winner would have undertaken. grin

Seriously, though, RFC (Rita's Fan Club to you tongue) are truly blind sided to the fact that she is not the ideal African woman, and certainly not the ideal African Ambassador. I have studied her for hours and days on end and have sought, and failed, to find much that can improve my low opinion. Pretty, lively, yes. But intelligent, enlightened, well-spoken, no. And a real African woman should be all of these things. Not half, not a fraction, but all of the above. The people who did the initial auditions should be excused for thinking Rita had something to offer. When she did that magazine photoshoot and was all dressed up, she looked pretty hot. I'll give it to her, the girl has the face and shape - but when she opens her mouth ---embarassed.

I have nothing against Rita or her fans, but they dare not stir up any trouble if she is not picked the winner. I won't say who my winner is, she's in the final four and that's enough for now. wink
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by lato2(m): 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2009
Nice thread you have started, for followers of Kokomansion.
Yeah vote wise, she is the would be winner on sunday, but Dbanj and his crew havent realise this, had to bend the rules and introduce more stringent tasks they know would expose here weakness. However, she has the most fans of all the kokolettes in the house. But nevertheless if she wins, which i doubt much with the new measures, a speech/voice coach would do her good.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Divaville(f): 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2009
She's actually a big mistake. I know she wont win but it would really affect dbanj as a brand. She kpakorised d whole show!
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
Divaville:

She's actually a big mistake. I know she wont win but it would really affect dbanj as a brand. She kpakorised d whole show!

My dear Rita, she must win and disgrace Dbanj!! hehehehe
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by oyinda3(f): 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
well I really hope she wins.
the biggest mistake i would say is the theme of the show, not rita. it shouldn't be about "ideal african woman." I don't know who came up with that theme but it was definitely bound to fail from the start since d'banj and "ideal african woman" just do not mix. the only musician i would associate with ideal african woman is prolly lagbaja. that theme should have been changed to "ideal kokolet" or "tongolo" or something. lol

rita fits in perfectly with the show. but not for that stupid mistake of a theme.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by eShegz(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2009
maedan:

If Rita wins(highly unlikely) then they'll probably hide her in a cupboard somewhere and use someone else for the main duties the real winner would have undertaken. grin

Seriously, though, RFC (Rita's Fan Club to you tongue) are truly blind sided to the fact that she is not the ideal African woman, and certainly not the ideal African Ambassador. I have studied her for hours and days on end and have sought, and failed, to find much that can improve my low opinion. Pretty, lively, yes. But intelligent, enlightened, well-spoken, no. And a real African woman should be all of these things. Not half, not a fraction, but all of the above. The people who did the initial auditions should be excused for thinking Rita had something to offer. When she did that magazine photoshoot and was all dressed up, she looked pretty hot. I'll give it to her, the girl has the face and shape - but when she opens her mouth ---embarassed.

I have nothing against Rita or her fans, but they dare not stir up any trouble if she is not picked the winner. I won't say who my winner is, she's in the final four and that's enough for now. wink

Funny, about the hiding her in the cupboard!lol But then, there is an acceptable standard in conducting this kind of shows globally or else it will amount to the organisers shooting themselves in the foot, Remember Big Brother Africa has an audit firm that audit votes. While i am not sure this particular show has the same, i know that the organisers would have put in place an audit mechanism of some sort to prevent double standardand if the rules are followed, then Rita might emerge winner for the following reasons,

1. Sentiment, Most of the viewing masses tend to see this as an avenue to bring up someone from a lowly background. Many tend to identify with the lady as not many people were born with silver spoon.

2. Somehow, some sees this as an avenue to "punish" D'banj for his "perceived" indiscretion in floating the show in the first place. Remember the ruckus that has trailed the show since its inception.

3 Blind Voters, Now,so many might not have been watching this show, but now that is about to end, certain people might just vote based on hearsays and if hearsay will help anyone, Rita seems poised to take this one!

So watch out for the Real Life Jenifa, Really, Funke Akindele is a prophetess, lol
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2009
Yes she is the biggest mistake.

Anytime she is about to talk, i change channel knowing fully well she is about to start joining words together that barely makes sense. Whoever put her on the show has done a great diservice to an otherwise relatively average good show.

Sentiment aside, anyone outside Shona or probably Bolanle will eventually be the biggest mistake Dbanj would make.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
Dbanj is no better.

Dbanj's spoken english is . . . . . . . sorry,
Dbanj's attempt at speaking english is (put lightly) frightening.

Dude finds it hard to put two sentences together. But then again, he is better than Tubaba
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
Men, I saw a clip on facebook, where she was talking about 'Jazz' Which she pronounced 'Jass' and 'Demons'. First, I felt this was a joke, or a parody, but when I heard this was the real koko mansion show, I was weak. Some dude now did a remix of the video, where you hear gunshots, and see bullets flying from her mouth, whenever she made a grammatical blunder.  grin grin funny stuff!

Anyways, I wont be surprised if Rita wins. Because Nigerians and most people vote in favor of the underdog. They will vote because they think she 'needs' the money more than those 'women who are not real (Whatever that means)' and who speak phonetix. I really wonder why speaking good english seems to intimidate some people.
Rita even used the fact that she didn't come from a wealthy background as a selling point. So you see the picture. Its just like Americas best dance crew, when america voted Status Quo as best crew one time, even though the JabbaWockeez, and Kaba Modern were so much better.
So if she wins, it will be because of public sympathy, not because shes the 'Ideal' kokolette.

No offense against Rita though, but I don't think she represents what the show was meant to bring out, Imagine if she gives a press conference, she would be worse than 2baba! And thing is, she fires those bullets with one serious expression on her face  grin

Oh, and theres a chick from the Netherlands on the show, which episode is she in, so I can see this much talked about beauty?
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by beystwin: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
Call Rita a mistake or not, the bottom line is, if she does not win, this show is a scam. Because this is meant to be a reality show, and in any reality show, it is usually the viewers' votes which count. And the viewers can have any reason they want to vote for their favourite person. They should not be dictated their reasons to vote for someone. This simply shows desperation on the organisers' part.
I have noticed that the show has changed in terms of how the votes were cast. In the beginning, it was the housemates who voted for their least favourite. Then, it was the viewers voting for their favourite. Now, they have decided to tally the points accumulated during the tasks. They are doing this because they want to give the prize to their pre-determined winner (Shona). I say to them: if they already know whom they want to win, why bother getting the viewers involved, and even make them pay money when in the end their vote does not count? They could have simply used a panel of judges. It is just like Nigerian democracy - a scam, I am sorry to say.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
e-Shegz:

Funny, about the hiding her in the cupboard!lol But then, there is an acceptable standard in conducting this kind of shows globally or else it will amount to the organisers shooting themselves in the foot, Remember Big Brother Africa has an audit firm that audit votes. While i am not sure this particular show has the same, i know that the organisers would have put in place an audit mechanism of some sort to prevent double standardand if the rules are followed, then Rita might emerge winner for the following reasons,

1. Sentiment, Most of the viewing masses tend to see this as an avenue to bring up someone from a lowly background. Many tend to identify with the lady as not many people were born with silver spoon.

2. Somehow, some sees this as an avenue to "punish" D'banj for his "perceived" indiscretion in floating the show in the first place. Remember the ruckus that has trailed the show since its inception.

3 Blind Voters, Now,so many might not have been watching this show, but now that is about to end, certain people might just vote based on hearsays and if hearsay will help anyone, Rita seems poised to take this one!

So watch out for the Real Life Jenifa, Really, Funke Akindele is a prophetess, lol

hehhehehehehe, you got me laughing so hard, Funke Akindele is really a prophetess.

I fall into category 2 above, Rita must win and if Dbanj dares to abandon her before one year runs out, he would see my red eyes, lol tongue wink
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by eShegz(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
aysometin:

hehhehehehehe, you got me laughing so hard, Funke Akindele is really a prophetess.

I fall into category 2 above, Rita must win and if Dbanj dares to abandon her before one year runs out, he would see my red eyes, lol tongue wink

Don't wish D'banj ill luck ooo

I am sure the organisers will somehow wriggle out of this, but it will cost them "brain" and plenty of it too.
I think along this line:
Rita will lose out to either Shona or Bolanle whose personalities sticks to the script but will be heavily compensated like the last girl standing technique of the Ultimate search show.
I wish the PR machine of the organisers is working extra hard now. It's time to turn the Rita deficit to some brand gain.

You know, short term: Let D'banj identify with the lady at the end of the show, he should deliver some sound bite about her being a strong, bold and determined lady.Should not avoid her or even her "grammar",As a matter of fact, for closing effect, she should be allowed to talk, encourage her to interact on camera, probably bring in Funke Akindele to tease her(That will be a marketing coup!). It will be worth its while. That will be the entertainment value per excellence of the show. She should be used as the traffic driver to the programme.

Then long term strategy should include getting her into some good school even outside the country and yes, ensure she is in one of D'banj's forthcoming videos. That way,the RFC will definitely be pacified, because whether the D'banj and the organizing crew likes it or not, Rita is now the FACE of Koko Mansion,

On a lighter note, the rush for the next edition's form will be from unusual quarters, lol
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by sect(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2009
I think the show is gabbage, i took an hour of my precious time last week just to watch it and see if i can develop keen interest in it but the show still looks silly. There's nothing Africanish about it to me. The setting of the show, the costumes, the lifestyle exhibited by the contestants all look western so the show is basically crap to me. The show lacks purpose and in reality only foolish and ignorant people live a purposeless life. So everything about the show is senseless and stupid. I'd rather kiss a monkey's ass than watch that show again.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by akute(f): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2009
Give her a chance and she is definitely going to win grin
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by hackney(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2009
Judging by the youtube clips, the whole thing (not just rita) is a complete disaster.
How did they even hijack HiTV with that rubbish?

I sincerely hope that rita is not a bonafide product of ANY higher institution in Nigeria otherwise we have very little hope as a country.
Na wa.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
sect:

The setting of the show, the costumes, the lifestyle exhibited by the contestants all look western so the show is basically crap to me. The show lacks  I'd rather kiss a monkey's ass than watch that show again.

Shut the Bleep up!. Where do you expect them to go to? . . .  . jungle to make it African. Some poeple makes N/L sucks with their eccentricity.

. . . .yaah! you must have been kissing lot of monkey's ass for you to type that crap up there.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by PurestBoy(m): 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2009
I hate D'Banj and everything about that kokomansion
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by BadestBOBO(m): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2009
PurestBoy:

I hate D'Banj and everything about that kokomansion
Yes. I envy D'banj too
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Nija4Life(m): 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
Kokomansion represents everything wrong with our society. It lacks creativity, falls short to entertain and adds no value to both contestants and the viewers. It's another attempt in copying everything western without recourse to our socio-cultural environment. The only winner will be DBanj because at the end of the day he will be smiling to the bank with revenues from texts votes and sponsors. If he has N5 mil to throw around, why not set up a musical school or even a talent hunt agency to support young budding talents instead of embarking on a ego massaging exercise called Koko mansion.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by GooseBaba: 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rita my dear, you are not a mistake, at least u talk the one way u sabi, and I love the fact say, u are not speaking English from your anus like some people here would have u do. At the same on your behalf may thunder fire their keyboard!!! angry
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by waterworks(f): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
Kokomansion represents everything wrong with our society. It lacks creativity, falls short to entertain and adds no value to both contestants and the viewers. It's another attempt in copying everything western without recourse to our socio-cultural environment. The only winner will be DBanj because at the end of the day he will be smiling to the bank with revenues from texts votes and sponsors. If he has N5 mil to throw around, why not set up a musical school or even a talent hunt agency to support young budding talents instead of embarking on a ego massaging exercise called Koko mansion.

couldnt be said any better.

but on a more serious note Dbanj should have put more attention to detail jeez!!! 'this is my mansion anything can happen' hopping all about like a market man.  dont even get me started with the eviction show. pls is 'the contestants put thier back into it' the onlyexpression that woman knows?? for every task? for every show? and pls wat is up with the way the contestant are evicted? the ideal woman should be graceful and in turn shown grace so what the hell is 'pack ur bags a car is waiting of you outs side or 'thats the door'. if they are contesting to be the ideal woman surely they were more ideal than all the others who bought the forms? nigerians are so dull sometimes i swear.
eniways rita should win sha if it depends on the votes. he should do it to appease the masses. the others will get over it. but if he vexes the masses? they will never get over it oh!
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by ikamefa(f): 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
GooseBaba:

Rita my dear, you are not a mistake, at least u talk the one way u sabi, and I love the fact say, u are not speaking English from your anus like some people here would have u do. At the same on your behalf may thunder fire their keyboard!!! angry

" grin "
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by oge4real(f): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
I watched that show for a day and it was so below standard.
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by b0dnel: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
Have you guys read Rita's profile at all?

Probably the most emotional candidate in the mansion, Rita is a walking example of determination. Over the years, through experience, she’s learnt that the only way to succeed in life is to believe in your self 100%. “I came here because I want to get exposure, not necessarily because of the money, because if I represent myself well, the future will give me more money than the prize money”, she said, admitting that she intends to be caring to her fellow contestants, and guide them whenever they’re wrong.

Coming from a very humble background has made her resolute in her pursuit to become successful. She believes her chances at the title are obvious, as she puts it, “I can prove myself as a woman because I know my left from my right”. Her ambition was inspired by an emotionally daunting experience a few years ago, when she was sent packing from school for her parents inability to pay her school fees – as she remembers, her dad was broke, and the rich folks she knew berated her for being poor instead of helping her with the required sum to pay her school fees – that incident introduced her to how cold the world was to the poor, “it was after this incident that I swore to myself that I was going to succeed in life”

She comes to the mansion with the ability to tell emotionally gripping stories, and promises to be an interesting candidate.

I think she needs the money to go back to school,

Right now, they are 3 kokolets in the house.

She may hardly win it but at least she made an impression.

SHE EVEN HAS A FACEBOOK GROUP NOW O!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=105059609101&ref=ts
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by remoranger(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
dont you just wanna be Dbanj? grin grin
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by ikamefa(f): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
yeye dey smell grin grin grin
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
I think the organizers of the show are doing their best with the lot they have got.

If you are a woman and you can speak intelligently (and fluently) then count yourself a very privileged individual.

It is amazing the depth and intelligence you get from girls these days, their idea of street smarts will make you wonder what kind of families they grew up in. what kind of harsh emotional conditions will reek out such an individual her age, saying what she says with enough gusto to make Obama look like David Mark.

Let us blame it on the way Nigeria treats education, from kindergarten to university, we churn out more cheese than cream, our celebrities have dead-beat cliches as a strong vocabulary and our politicians are worse off with their antique grammar from way-back 70s.

Please we get what we deserve. I truly hope she wins and becomes exposed internationally, if criticism won't get Nigerians to put up a good act let alone a honest one, then international shame should.

I met a popular Nollywood actor and did not spare the chance to have a chat. man i was severely brutalized by his acting (off-camera). the guy made me feel liek i was in a cheesy nollywood movie.

Rita, you go girl, be a kokolet afterall kokolets are only good for one thing wink
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by seunbballo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abeg which one be the Bleep and knife wey dem dey use chop 4 KOKO MANSION SELF?
Them suppose be theirselves and not try to copy some kind of oyinbo culture. I dey uk and i dey use my hand chop eba, amala. I dey use ordinary spoon chop rice and stew.
Wetin i won use fork and knife for? Only when am out 4 dinner or an ideal setting.

About the contestant, there is no excuse not to speak good English. Nigeria's ist language is English no matter your parents condition. How many people for naija and their parents no poor. Abeg make we no use pity dey judge! Na ideal woman dem dey ask 4. RITA NOT TO WIN!! BOLANLE TO WIN(At least she try get the whole package)

The grammar wey that girl rita blow, i don't think i have ever heard such before live and not on a comedy show(baba suwe lol)

Dbanj- U self lie. No be the show wey dey him mind before be this, na strip show he won do before he change am to looking for the ideal african kokolet. lol
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by Pittbaby(f): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
Abeg which one be the Bleep and knife wey dem dey use chop 4 KOKO MANSION SELF?
Them suppose be theirselves and not try to copy some kind of oyinbo culture. I dey uk and i dey use my hand chop eba, amala. I dey use ordinary spoon chop rice and stew.

So it is now a sin to use Fork and Knife . i don't use a spoon to eat (only for taking soup) I use a fork (mostly ditch the knife ) . i eat meat and other finger foods with my hands , so how is it not being urself . depends on what applied in your household, i will wack amala faster than you with my fork and you will chase me away from the bowl if I attempt to use my hands. There is no rule that makes hand using or fork using any better or worse
Re: Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? by dfanthom(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
like play, like play she go win then eye go clear everyone! shocked shocked
the race isn't always for the swiftest otherwise yaraguy & gudluck for no dey there. . . . shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Most Addictive TV Shows? / Hisense Tv Vs Lg Tv: Who Wins? / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.