Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Mistakes 'upcoming Artistes' Should Avoid - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mistakes 'upcoming Artistes' Should Avoid (1005 Views)

Pictures Upcoming Artistes Can Relate To / Why All Upcoming Artistes Should Do This Subscription / 13 Mistakes Nigerian Upcoming Artistes Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes 'upcoming Artistes' Should Avoid by Trendkingzblog(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
Am writing this article based on my personal experiences and things i have come across and noticed relating to Upcoming Music Acts over time.

Am not saying every music artist in don't go about things the right way. There are many who do things outstandingly well, and am a fan of a lot of them, there are some that when i listen to, i pray that their voices be heard someday.

But from the trends am noticing nowadays, a lot of things are going wrong due to the level of ignorance exhibited by most self acclaimed 'Musical Artistes' making it difficult for the voice of the good ones to be heard.

-They think its all about have a stage name, then next they have to belong to group of no music knowledge individuals which they ignorantly call music label/group/crew that mostly has an acronym like name (Something like; FFT, PTA, XME )

-At their little or no level they think they must have someone somewhere (mostly older than them) they ignorantly refer to as their 'Manager'. A manager without music knowledge and experience who could hardly manage his own self or life.

-They think it all about recording and dropping songs at every opportunity they get. Even they themselves, when this songs pops up on their 'Now playing' they are left with no choice but to click next.

Who any of these things don Epp?

Am not saying any of these is wrong to do/have. But most ya'll go about it wrongly or do it coz u see someone else doing it, without you even knowing why it is so.

'You say you want to blow', but you cant even successfully own or manage a Twitter or IG account, some of them would say Twitter is boring and not interesting, like WTF! Where else do you expect to meet those that would move your craft? On Whatsapp or 2go?

'You say you want to blow', and you don't event know or have an idea of what happening in the music scene up there. In the last 3months you cant remember intentionally visiting any of the big Nigerian Music site.

You call yourself a rapper, but under gun point you cant even freestyle smoothly to save your own life, the talent level is zero

You wan blow, but you think being an artist is all about recording songs only. You don't even care to push these songs, i call people like this 'MTN' artists, doing music for just 'family & friends'.
To get to the lime light, you have to take it as a challenge to do what others are not doing, the grind is important. Its not easy we know, but always remember that 'if it was easy everybody would do it'

I can tell you that there are a hundreds of thousand artists like or better you all over the country. Its not as easy as you think.

First you need to be good (trust me, within yourself you know it if ur good or not).

Secondly, you need to be passionate about this music thing, don't do it for the wrong reasons. After giving the producer headache recording a song for hours which shouldn't have lasted up to 40min, then you blame the producer for a poor output. I also wonder why these producers aren't honest to guys like this, they would end affecting you name negatively.

Third, you need to stand out and create you own niche, give any person who comes across you work a reason to be interested in you craft.
You cant be doing a particular artist and expect us to be interested in you. Why you, when the person you trying to be like is there. His definitely better than u coz his d source.

Fourthly, getting your song out there is vital, each song you drop should increase your audience base. Get a 'good' blogger/promoter that would help you with this and 'pay him'. Yes pay him, that's the sacrifice. Have it in mind that Someday you wouldn't have to pay him for that anymore. My definition of a good blog is one such as (@trendkingzblog), they would help you create the necessary structure you need.

Most of ya'll may say "who this one be, or 'wetin' this one know 'wey hin dey' talk all this things". I might not know much but am a blogger who knows a whack artist when i listen to or see one.

But trust me if your an artiste and you read this article from the top till here, i think you have a direction and i can say to you the sky is surely your limit if you do things rightly.

There is a lot to say, but i have to cut it right here leaving you with this tip. "Record every song like, that artist you look up to is going to listen to it and decide whether to sign you based on what he heard"
And also remember to stay humble and ready.

I wish you success. We would meet at the top.

- written by (@emidewd)
#Trendkingzblog Representer

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes 'upcoming Artistes' Should Avoid by Melancholy(m): 12:17am On Apr 22, 2016
Op Cool! But u forgot some serious ones amongst them, but quite unfortunate that they often misprioritize their plans going for video promotions when faaji fm at my backyard has never played their songs, and u wondering reason y we see myriad of upcoming artistes videos on either terrestial or cable stations everyday with no headway, only as huge revenue for these stations.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes 'upcoming Artistes' Should Avoid by crazygod(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ok. Nice write up. But i wanna correct a notion. Not all rappers can free style. Even the legends like 2pac cabt even free style. so plz take note
Re: Mistakes 'upcoming Artistes' Should Avoid by Mathewohnson: 6:36am On Apr 23, 2016
Great share op!
I think we should give them opportunity to prove themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Patoranking Should Not Be A Judge On The Voice Nigeria Show / MIXTAPE: DJ Kentalky – “swag 2.0” (something We Africans Got) MIX / Was 2face Really Better Than Faze?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.