Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High (15495 Views)

Oil Prices Hit $65 On North Sea Pipeline Closure / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by kolnel: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
Good
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by ademoladeji(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
Mynd44:
Kemi Adeosun be like

Wetin you expect?
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by shamecurls(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bad Friday for wailers

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Praktikals(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
Very cheering news. I pray it will get as high as $100/barrel before long IJN

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by shotin(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
A welcome development....
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
Investing in Mechanized Agriculture Technology Mineral resources and most importantly Human Resources that's the way forward for this country. Click LICK if you agree with me
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by muskaila114um(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2016
Thank God For dis
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Praktikals(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
Henrypraise:
I honestly pray d price stays down.
S'oro niyen undecided

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by yomz1e(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
It going up don't mean jack! Biggest oil consuming nation don't need it in quantum anymore! It's just a spike like Nigerian electricity, soon it will sag!
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by macaranta(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
Cool
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by lucien4scaffold(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
UP UP,come on Crude oil!
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
Atom57:
Land not for sale, beware of my daughter, hatmeu2
undecided

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
The whiteman predicted this, I thought it was a lie. It's happened now and I'm regretting.
To the men jubilating I wonder if you're getting paid? There's no reason to celebrate over something that would not change yours or my life - we would still suffer anyway because global fuel prices hardly reflect on our living standards.

Knowing the people in power they would slack off and remain lazy however I thank God this situation is temporary; our economy must diversify by fire by force.
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Praktikals(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
I pray the oil price hit 1 dollar per barrel or let Nigeria crude oil dry off so that our leaders will start thinking with their brain and diversify our economy.
Can you bear th hardship that will arise if your "prayer" is answered
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
This is not an occasion for rejoicing.

First, Nigerian needs oil to be at $123 per barrel to be in the safe zone.

Second, if there is anything the last two years have taught us, it is the futility of relying on revenues from resources to keep us alive. Serious nations are nations that rely on innovation and intelligence to move forward. To move forward, we must move away from a reliance on oil, and make the hard choice of becoming a strong manufacturing power.

Doing that means us making the hard choices, by spending more on industrial support infrastructure, and less on welfare projects....because right now we are not even in the financial position to afford welfare projects....unless we raise taxes massively.

So, it is either we are serious....or we take another IMF loan to deceive ourselves.

Nigeria must liberate itself from resource dependency. This low oil price is our chance for greatness. We must make the necessary sacrifices.
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Deadlytruth(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
While this is good news on the surface it is quite bad news when looked at more critically in the sense that once the price hits anything above $100 the quest for diversification may begin to wane automatically on the part of the FG and even as well on the part of the masses who love this unitary system that has been kept alive by oil revenue. I was initially praying that crude oil prices remain badly down so that we will return to agriculture and solid minerals mining which would engender a situation whereby no state would agree to toil under the sun farming and minning only to hand over the proceeds to the centre and be given 13% back as derivation as is currently happening to the SS states. In an atmosphere of scanty oil revenue occasioned by badly plummeted oil price thus leading to dependence on agriculture and mining, the agitation for resource control would be spontaneous in all the 36 states. Unfortunately however that has been truncated by this reversal.
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
cheesy
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by anonimi: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Deadlytruth:
While this is good news on the surface it is quite bad news when looked at more critically in the sense that once the price hits anything above $100 the quest for diversification may begin to wane automatically on the part of the FG and even as well on the part of the masses who love this unitary system that has been kept alive by oil revenue. I was initially praying that crude oil prices remain badly down so that we will return to agriculture and solid minerals mining which would engender a situation whereby no state would agree to toil under the sun farming and minning only to hand over the proceeds to the centre and be given 13% back as derivation as is currently happening to the SS states. In an atmosphere of scanty oil revenue occasioned by badly plummeted oil price thus leading to dependence on agriculture and mining, the agitation for resource control would be spontaneous in all the 36 states. Unfortunately however that has been truncated by this reversal.

Agric and mining are subject to the same price crashes as oil. Especially agric.

Nigeria must industrialize. It is our only choice. Resource dependency destroys.Especially as we do not control the price of the resources we sell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by anonimi: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by bakila: 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
ichidodo:
That is just absolute rubbish...We have Iran and Saudi Arabia all wanting to ruin each other with crashing this price.....nobody will or wants to freeze output.
Almajiri1:
Allahu Arkbar!!!! Buhari no longer has excuses not to deliver Eldorado before 2019.We shall also note how much he would leave behind in the excess crude accounts.
Godswillnwaoma:
I pray the oil price hit 1 dollar per barrel or let Nigeria crude oil dry off so that our leaders will start thinking with their brain and diversify our economy.
Whether misapplied criticism, wailing, abobakuing, pain from the defeat of pdp or plain dumbness it does not stop the gain in making life easier for Nigeria, the current government and the people. Thank you for showing the very black colour of your bellies.

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Deadlytruth(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Agric and mining are subject to the same price crashes as oil. Especially agric.

Nigeria must industrialize. It is our only choice. Resource dependency destroys.Especially as we do not control the price of the resources we sell.

But with agric we will, at least,stop importing food and retain huge foreign reserve, and both agric and mining will provide us with a rich source of raw materials for that very manufacturing industry you talked of.
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Roccoandrocco(m): 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
Imagine 46$ being a year high for crude oil, our politicians need to stop paying lip service to diversification and really get down to work.
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Deen77: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2016
mhunkey:
.... Even when it was over a $100 per barrel jona(the mighty clueless) still borrowed

Thank you, they display lack of knowledge.
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
Expect upward adjustment of Pietro pump price

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Deen77: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
Passy089:
Investing in
Mechanized Agriculture
Technology
Mineral resources
and most importantly Human Resources
that's the way forward for this country.
Click LICK if you agree with me
. And Fulani herdsmen should invest in ranches instead of roaming about with their cows causing problems for the nation
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
Mynd44:
Kemi Adeosun be like

I just hope they take DT $8 and place it in the excess crude account since the budget wasn't planned wt it in mind, so we can shore up our foreign reserves. This is what nkonjo iweala did during d obasanjo years, only for d presidency and d govs to demand for it to be spent in the Jonathan years.

We shouldn't repeat those mistakes DT put us in this shithole. Nkonjo iweala was on d right track wt d economy till d thieves suffocated her. Savings should be subsequently used for infrastructure & diversification of the economy and not wasteful sharing among dumb state governors. Governors should keep looking for ways to make their states productive and how to lose govt workers to d private sector.

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

True. The driving force of industrialization though is infrastructure.
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Gboliwe: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
Congrats Presidiot! You are stabalising global oil prices just like you said you would Mr-I-borrowed-to-buy-nomination-form aka Aisha's boo
Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Toscoas2(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Henrypraise:
I honestly pray d price stays down.

Let's diversify d economie, not depend on oil.

Zombies be like: sai baba d travelling is yielding result.
you people only shout diversification on paper and online, bt no action has bn taken towards dt. better shut ur mouth.

1 Like

Re: Crude Prices Hit $46 A Barrel Record-year High by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
ubecharles:
. And Fulani herdsmen should invest in ranches instead of roaming about with their cows causing problems for the nation

This herdsmen problem is interesting. They are a business industry. If d FG govt gives them ranch, then me too I want free land for my business. Being Fulani or being violent shldnt be a privilege for free land.

I agree wt u dt they shld be d one investing in ranches & paying for it. I think states can give them ranch leases for grazing on a quarterly basis or sthn dt they have to pay for, and then move them to another area of d state to graze if d grass finishes.
I don't think govt has a right to legislate DT states give them land by force as ranches - even in d north.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emeka Offor Bags Doctorate Degree In UNIZIK / Traders Turn To Barter Trading In Benue Over Naira Scarcity / Naira Redesign: Buhari Consigns Nigerians To Seven More Days Of Hardship - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.