Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Ghana 1 Week Holiday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana 1 Week Holiday (1836 Views)

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana 1 Week Holiday by yinkay007: 9:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Hi Guys,

Please i'm about visiting Accra for the First Time Next Month and i willl need a couple of advice. I will be flying from Lagos. I will like to know some few things before i leave. Can i get suggestions of areas central i can stay during my time there at an affordable rate ( Also will like to know how much i can budget per night)and also not far from where i can have little fun and also explore the city.

Any informagtion will really Help.

Thanks so much

Cheers
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by bigtt76(f): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2016
Nice. If you tell us what you're going for then we can advise you appropriately.

yinkay007:
Hi Guys,

Please i'm about visiting Accra for the First Time Next Month and i willl need a couple of advice. I will be flying from Lagos. I will like to know some few things before i leave. Can i get suggestions of areas central i can stay during my time there at an affordable rate ( Also will like to know how much i can budget per night)and also not far from where i can have little fun and also explore the city.

Any informagtion will really Help.

Thanks so much

Cheers
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by yinkay007: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Nice. If you tell us what you're going for then we can advise you appropriately.

Im only going to spend my little break there.....
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by aumeehn: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2016
bigtt76:

its obvious that the guy is a working boy!
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by bigtt76(f): 11:21am On Apr 22, 2016
I know and that's why I need to know if he's coming to Ghana to work or just for the break. If he's coming to Ghana to work, then he might need to state where the office will be located. This way he's able to plan his movement. Transportation here in Ghana needs to be well planned. wink

aumeehn:
its obvious that the guy is a working boy!
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by bigtt76(f): 11:25am On Apr 22, 2016
Ok great. What is your itinery like? Are you going on a pre-packaged tour or just blindly? If on a pre-packaged tour, then it means you must have lined up places to visit, friends to meet up with. In this case you will have to know where they (your friends) stay or places you're visiting so that you can plan your own accommodation. Transportation cost here is like $1 (5 Ghana cedis) minimum.

On the other hand, if you are traveling blindly (on your own arrangement) then you would need to Google places of interest or according to your own taste before departing and through that you will know where to stay and save cost.

yinkay007:

Im only going to spend my little break there.....

1 Like

Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by yinkay007: 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Ok great. What is your itinery like? Are you going on a pre-packaged tour or just blindly? If on a pre-packaged tour, then it means you must have lined up places to visit, friends to meet up with. In this case you will have to know where they (your friends) stay or places you're visiting so that you can plan your own accommodation. Transportation cost here is like $1 (5 Ghana cedis) minimum.

On the other hand, if you are traveling blindly (on your own arrangement) then you would need to Google places of interest or according to your own taste before departing and through that you will know where to stay and save cost.

Im not doing with any pre packaged tour. Im going blindly . I will like to sist some of their museums, Park, Beach (Labadi or Coco Maybe) and anywhere close i can have a nice week but i wish to get accomodation to somewhere central to all these areas. Any Suggestions Brother?
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by successcard: 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Transportation cost here is like $1 (5 Ghana cedis) minimum.
$1 is 3.81 Cedis, and not 5 Cedis as mentioned in your post. There isn't any fixed amount for transportation in Accra- it varies from location to location. Moreover, have different forms of transportation here in Ghana. You can pick a Taxi, a shuttle(known as 'trotro' in Ghana) or even the Bus(Metro Mass). The cost of transportation depends on the type of vehicle you choose and also the location. NB The prices: Taxi>Trotro>Metro mass.
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by UrchBunny(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
In my opinion hotels in ghana are expensive. To get something reasonable,you'll have to look towards Spintex Road- Nungua Teshie axis. Make sure to learn to use tro-tro,as it'll save you money. You could visit Aburi Gardens, Elmina Castle,Kankum National Park,labadi Beach and the mansoleum.
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by bigtt76(f): 5:37am On Apr 23, 2016
Well the best bet will be to stay around those areas. There are hotels close by there. Paloma hotel is one close to Nkurumah Circle area or you can chose to stay at the Labadi Beach Hotel.

These might be expensive though. You got other cheaper options outskirt of Accra town where most Naija guys chose to stay. I don't have any particular name though.

A Google search of hotels in Ghana would help out.

Have a lovely stay and avoid too much contact with our Naija brodas der o. They're mostly into deeds you might not want to be associated with. grin

yinkay007:

Im not doing with any pre packaged tour. Im going blindly . I will like to sist some of their museums, Park, Beach (Labadi or Coco Maybe) and anywhere close i can have a nice week but i wish to get accomodation to somewhere central to all these areas. Any Suggestions Brother?
Re: Ghana 1 Week Holiday by ProGSM(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Interesting, I am also planning a visit to ghana soon!

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Montenegro With A Work Permit Visa / World Most Scariest Bridges Revealed - In Japan / More Info Needed-I Want To Visit Gambia For A Weekend Tourism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.