Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana (4277 Views)

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / Moving Permanently To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by Roccoandrocco(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Been considering relocating to another West African country, Ghana being one of the countries high on my list, but I have no idea about the financial implications, can anyone here living in Ghana shed a little light on these? And also how similar is the standard of living in both countries.
Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by successcard: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
Roccoandrocco:
Been considering relocating to another West African country, Ghana being one of the countries high on my list, but I have no idea about the financial implications, can anyone here living in Ghana shed a little light on these? And also how similar is the standard of living in both countries.
It's a good thing that you're considering moving to Ghana. Your safety and peace is a surety in this great nation. To begin with, I will like you to know the exchange rate first so that you can draw your own conclusions: $1 = 3.8 Cedis. If you're cool with that, then let me shed some light on the living standards in all regions in the country. The standard of living in Accra and Tema(Both cities in the Greater Accra region) is higher compared to most part of the country. This is because it is more cosmopolitan and vibrant compared to the other cities, and it also serves as the major economic hub of the country.
Next, Kumasi(Ashanti region) and Takoradi(Western region) seems to be on par in terms of cost of living. Kumasi is more of a business district where as Takoradi is the oil city of the country. Ho(Volta region), Koforidua(Eastern region), Cape Coast(Central region) and Sunyani(Brong Ahafo region) all seem to tie on cost of living although all these regions play different roles in the country. The cheapest places to live are in the north of Ghana: Wa(Upper West region), Bolgatanga(Upper East region) and Tamale(Northern region) although the latter is more economically vibrant compared to the aforementioned two.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2016
@success card,pls how much or what is the price range for Accomodation in these areas especially Kumasi and Accra, thanks.
Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by Roccoandrocco(m): 7:43am On Apr 23, 2016
successcard:

It's a good thing that you're considering moving to Ghana. Your safety and peace is a surety in this great nation. To begin with, I will like you to know the exchange rate first so that you can draw your own conclusions: $1 = 3.8 Cedis. If you're cool with that, then let me shed some light on the living standards in all regions in the country. The standard of living in Accra and Tema(Both cities in the Greater Accra region) is higher compared to most part of the country. This is because it is more cosmopolitan and vibrant compared to the other cities, and it also serves as the major economic hub of the country.
Next, Kumasi(Ashanti region) and Takoradi(Western region) seems to be on par in terms of cost of living. Kumasi is more of a business district where as Takoradi is the oil city of the country. Ho(Volta region), Koforidua(Eastern region), Cape Coast(Central region) and Sunyani(Brong Ahafo region) all seem to tie on cost of living although all these regions play different roles in the country. The cheapest places to live are in the north of Ghana: Wa(Upper West region), Bolgatanga(Upper East region) and Tamale(Northern region) although the latter is more economically vibrant compared to the aforementioned two.
Thanks alot bro.
Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by Sunnypar(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
heaven4me:
@success card,pls how much or what is the price range for Accomodation in these areas especially Kumasi and Accra, thanks.
150Ghana cedis for self contained, emoloyement opportunities is given to Ghananians than Foreigner and there is constant power supply. It is a lovely country to live in far better than some places in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by londoner: 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
Sunnypar:

150Ghana cedis for self contained, emoloyement opportunities is given to Ghananians than Foreigner and there is constant power supply. It is a lovely country to live in far better than some places in Nigeria.

I'm glad you said 'some' places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by masterplan303(m): 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
Sunnypar:

is it per month?
Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
masterplan303:
is it per month?
Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by successcard: 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
[quote author=YOUNGKAHUNA post=44979269][/quote]
yeah it is per month. 150 Cedis can only get you a single room self contained building. If you want an accommodation that has two or more rooms, then you will have to pay more. You can check the housing section of www.tonaton.com or www.olx.com.gh and you might find some good deals there.
Re: Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
Bump

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise Me / The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian / So Scary: Can You Imagine Driving On This Bridge? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.