Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Life Is A Fight: (poem) By Kaydee - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Is A Fight: (poem) By Kaydee (580 Views)

You Beat Your Wife You Pay The Price. You Win A Fight, You Get The Price / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / Life Is Short (no Pun Intended) - Ebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Is A Fight: (poem) By Kaydee by sommyblaze(m): 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
Life Is a Fight
They told me "Life is a fight" You have to be prepared, she will knock you down Try your best to smile, she will make you frown.
Yeah they told me, "Life is a fight" And though she treat you wrong, you gotta treat her right And though she seems so long, you gotta know she might Just give up on you, it could be tonight
Heh, so I took deep breath and braced myself I learned to Cherish each moment like it was a Treasure For the length of one's life no tape can measure It could be 12cm, it could be 16, it could be 8 millimetres or maybe 6 feet.
One thing I knew though, many had fought this battle Some victorious, some could barely paddle But I was determined to win this fight To overcome darkness with light so bright I tried and tried with all of my might To be ready to give this life a fright.
But I had barely started training when they threw me out to the battlefield And I screamed "Somebody save me!" "Stop acting like a baby!" The Commander barked at me. But baby is what I am, how could he not see that? I can't act like a man until I grow to be that.
And the memory once again flashed across my brain. "Life is a fight" they told me, and that was all I heard For I ran off to play and didn't hear them say "You will never be prepared."
#KayDee #Life #Poem
Re: Life Is A Fight: (poem) By Kaydee by spidey77: 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
Na wao for dis b ur poem....i hope u know that a poem is a creative work...

If u want to write a story, ur free...bur if u wanna write a poem....at least organise d helpless work
#apoemisnotastory

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sword Of Truth Series / Political Consciousness : Our Role In The Change Process / L!mbo (an urban fantasy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.