Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

A Nairaland Needs Your Votes In The On Going ETISALAT Prize For Flash Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Nairaland Needs Your Votes In The On Going ETISALAT Prize For Flash Fiction (578 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Yewande Omotoso & Ayobami Adebayo Nominated Baileys Women’s Prize For Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairaland Needs Your Votes In The On Going ETISALAT Prize For Flash Fiction by nicerichard05: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2016
kindly vote for this story titled 'The Burden of Proof ' for the ETISALAT Prize for Flash Fiction( 2016)

Click the link below and like the story. thanks

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php

The Burden of Proof by IMOKHAI
The gavel of the Judge hit the table with a bang and almost immediately Law Enforcement agents surrounded Kunle forming a protective ring around him. His mother like some others in the court room was crying. The case of the Drug Pusher who volunteered to expose the Drug Barons had been very tasking for the Drug Law Agency to crack. The Judge had sentenced the three drug barons to life imprisonment. The prosecution relied so much on Kunle’s testimony to build their case. Relief was an understatement for them.
The voice of Mrs. Belema Gregson, the Attorney-General of the Federation still echoed in Kunle’s head. “Kunle, I will make you an offer. You are a bright young man and the fact that the Malaysian Government agreed to release you to us as a test case is a divine call for you to help us end this problem once and for all.” Kunle nodded. “Help me prove that you are innocent”. Who could have thought that Malaysia would agree to release Kunle to the Nigerian Government? He could still picture the face of the Immigration official at Kuala Lumpur Airport when the colour of the body scanner turned red. “Step aside Sir” That was the beginning of the torture.
The Newspaper headlines were practically screaming ‘Nigerian First Class Graduate caught with drugs at Malaysia Airport’. Mrs. Belema Gregson knew that this was one Nigerian Citizen that should not be allowed to be executed in Malaysia. What would make a First Class graduate carry drugs to Malaysia? Her motherly instincts propelled her more that her being a lawyer and with her power as the Attorney –General of the Federation, she was going to save this young Man, Kunle Ola from the hangman in Malaysia. And she did.
Re: A Nairaland Needs Your Votes In The On Going ETISALAT Prize For Flash Fiction by Slimpotter(m): 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
Do u jst click like on d story
Re: A Nairaland Needs Your Votes In The On Going ETISALAT Prize For Flash Fiction by Krystalzkris(f): 11:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
We all know that it's not easy being a writer in Nigeria, where writers are treated somehow. I think we should help one another achieve our dreams. I was shortlisted for Etisalat flash writing contest, and I need your votes. It's simple. Copy and paste the link to your phone browser. Not opera mini or Uc browser. Your main browser. You will see my story. Please read the story and vote for me. You will see a blue stuff with a thumb on it. Click on it. You will be asked to log into Facebook. Once you are done, you have voted for me. The link is
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=651
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The Powers Of Saying "I Am Sorry" / Ifunanya; The Plague Of An African Child. / Poem Titled, Love You Always By Benjamin Bauda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.