Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? (1525 Views)

Job Offer For Corpers In The West (preservation Of Culture) / Capture The Best Of Culture In Igbo Traditional Wedding / The Role Of Culture In Creating A Better Future: The ‘omoluabi’ Concept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by oneluvb55(f): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
I will never marry a man that comes from Abiriba, Ohafia etc from Abia state.
their culture is very ugly, if u marry from their village, and ur husband died unfortunately, they will seize his properties and throw u out of the house whether u gave birth or not.

I have dis my aunty that married from Abiriba in Abia state Nigeria, her husband is working in a bank in Port-Harcourt of which i have forgotten the name and he is also the bank manager. she also has child, Kelechi by name, very handsome boy and was 2 years old then.unfortunately he was shot dead by armed robbers during an operation in the bank.

do u know wat happened?
Her husbands kinsmen threw her and her child away, seizing all her husband has,not thinking were she will be leaving to.
Wat a wicked tradition?

but i thank God that shes some 1 today, was helped by our relations, she started a work in fidelity bank plc Port-Harcourt, "like play like play", she built her own house a duplex in Eleme Port-Harcourt, they are planning to make her the bank manager before the end of this year due to hard work.

her child is 8 years old now and is attending one of the best school in portharcourt, PLAYPEN by name.
every thing she has in that house today is hers.

wat will u do or say to dis type of wicked culture.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by ChinenyeN(m): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2009
First, you're white?
Second. . I find your entire write up somewhat funny. Do you think that that doesn't happen in other parts of Igboland? Do you also believe that that is how all of Abia behaves in that context? Generalizations. . ga achota hwe odo i ga-idi-eme.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by agathamari(f): 9:53am On Aug 07, 2009
where did she say she is white?

my sister in law had a weird thing to. said she woulnt marry this guy because her cousin married a guy from that villiage and gave her aids so now they all have aids in that villiage. soo odd. just cause some do it doesnt mean everyone will. get a feel for the family before you make those claims.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by oneluvb55(f): 10:01am On Aug 07, 2009
First, you're white?
Second. . I find your entire write up somewhat funny. Do you think that that doesn't happen in other parts of Igboland? Do you also believe that that is how all of Abia behaves in that context? Generalizations. . ga achota hwe odo i ga-idi-eme.

did i tell u am white.
u wont just read well and conclude.

onwere nke imerela?
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
O di otutu hwe m'emeela eme ke mgba. 

and. . ta i maa. . agufugh m hwe i dere ede, bia ekpebia la i bu onye ocha. Hwe nmerenu mbu la m gara profile i, ga ahu nña onye ocha nno di-ele m anya. Ya emee, asi m ma m juo ma i bu onye ocha. O di hwe ojoo ndi la hwe aa m mere? O bu nmehie, ibia ajuo ma i bu onye ocha?
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by oneluvb55(f): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
odika i bu onye ngwa. lee ihe i na asu nimi nimi
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by asha80(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
oneluvb55:

What concerns whether he is ngwa in this topic?
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ One and Chinye

Ok, now we know you are Igbos. Please continue the thread in English or else, topic locked.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by ezeagu(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2009
I say love it or leave it, it's obvious that women are still marrying people from there, so I guess this generalisation isn't sinking into all of their minds.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by oneluvb55(f): 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
@michelin89

he started in igbo and i continued wit him.
he will be the first to start wit english.

but michelin oh, from which ethnic group are u from?
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
oneluvb55:

@michelin89

he started in igbo and i continued wit him.
he will be the first to start wit english.

but michelin oh, from which ethnic group are u from?

Esan!
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by ChinenyeN(m): 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
michelin89:

@ One and Chinye
Ok, now we know you are Igbos. Please continue the thread in English or else, topic locked.
Yes, moderator.

oneluvb55:

I take it that you didn't understand my post, if this is your reply.

ezeagu:

I say love it or leave it, it's obvious that women are still marrying people from there, so I guess this generalisation isn't sinking into all of their minds.
Thank you.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by oneluvb55(f): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2009
Esan!
which state?
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by oneluvb55(f): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2009
I take it that you didn't understand my post, if this is your reply
that one is ur business.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2009
I find this very dissappointing. I asked very simple, but serious questions. If you would prefer to not answer them then just say so, rather than get offended, and catch an attitude over one simple, but serious question.

If I did indeed offend you though with that question, then my mistake, because that was not my intention. My intention was/is to know for certain if you are white (because of the photo I saw when I visited your profile).

So, with all due respect, do you mind answering the questions that I posed? If you would rather not, then just say so. Then we can end this and move on.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by mamagee6(f): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2009
Nothing.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by davidif: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2009
We need to start laws that stops all this nonsense. It is practiced all over naija. Where is the house and the senate when you need them?
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by oneluvb55(f): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
I find this very dissappointing. I asked very simple, but serious questions. If you would prefer to not answer them then just say so, rather than get offended, and catch an attitude over one simple, but serious question.

If I did indeed offend you though with that question, then my mistake, because that was not my intention. My intention was/is to know for certain if you are white (because of the photo I saw when I visited your profile).

So, with all due respect, do you mind answering the questions that I posed? If you would rather not, then just say so. Then we can end this and move on.

ok.
lets stop and continue.
i am not white.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:33am On Aug 14, 2009
Okay, thank you. Now, can you answer me this. . . do you think that that kind of behavior you're referring to cannot be found anywhere else in Igboland? Do you also believe that that one incident in Abiriba defines culture for the various, varied Igbo groups in Abia state?
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by OgidiBoy(m): 4:46am On Aug 14, 2009
@ poster,

That is typical Igbo culture, practiced all over Igboland. Why do you think Igbos are so primitive compared to other Nigerian tribes.
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2009
Widowhood Practices in Nigeria : A Case Study of Afikpo Community
http://www.unn.edu.ng/home/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=1490&Itemid=1008
Re: What Do Say To This Type Of Culture? by mamagee6(f): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2009
I have nothing to say.

(1) (Reply)

The Origin Of The Adamu Orisha. / 5 Reasons Nigerian Women Stay In Abusive Relationships / Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas - Are we too different?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.