Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? (720 Views)

Draw Your Building Plans And Structural Detailing Here.... / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert / Profile Of An Architects/builder With Sound Xperience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by duke2000: 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2009
I have a building project on hand but very wary of ripoff by contractors and builders. Pls I need the following information:

1) How many steel rods are contained in 12mm 2tons and 16mm 1/2 tons
2) An experienced structural engineer and architect to develop the plan @ affordable cost. They should have verifiable offices.

Please contact me on: chukablue@gmail.com
Re: Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 07, 2009
Sent you a mail
Re: Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by larez(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2009
duke2000:

I have a building project on hand but very wary of ripoff by contractors and builders. Pls I need the following information:

1) How many steel rods are contained in 12mm 2tons and 16mm 1/2 tons
2) An experienced structural engineer and architect to develop the plan @ affordable cost. They should have verifiable offices.

Please contact me on: chukablue@gmail.com

It's funny that you asked this question today, just as I needed them answered as well. I hope Design5 will share the answers here. I am currently working on a spreadsheet solution to make costing very efficient for some potential developments that I am looking at. I will be starting a thread on this.
Re: Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2009
@ Larez
Am sorry to inform you that your cost sheet will not work expect the project is standardized.
The fluctuation in cost of building materials is very alarming in Nigeria.
You always have to study the market.
Sometimes it might be in your favour.
For instance, the price of a ton of local steel just reduced from about 176k to about 130k. But am sure it will go back very soon. That of foreign steel remains constant
You must constantly be in the business have an effective cost analysis sheet.

@ Poster
A ton of 12mm steel has 93 pieces of rods
1/2 ton of 16mm steel has 26 pieces of rods

A regards development of affordable plans (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical), cost analysis and construction, mail me. My mail is beneath this post
Re: Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by larez(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hi Design5. Thanks for the info. However, you left the length out. Can you tell me what the lengths are, and are they always precut that way, or can you opt to keep them at 60 feet for example? Once again thanks.
Re: Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by Mowire: 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
Always approximately 10m, i. e 39-40ft
Re: Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by larez(m): 7:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
Thanks. Are you a builder? If so, would you know hoe much 2500# and 3000# Concrete goes for per Truck of 9 Yards, or per Ton? I am almost completed with my take-off, and only have a few more questions. If you will indulge me, I need local prices for the following:

[table]
Plumbing and Fixtures
Toilets
Standard Bath Tubs
Jacuzzi Tub
Sinks
Water Tank Installed
Laundry
Kitchen Faucets
Powder Rm Faucet
Hot Water Heaters (60 or 80 Gals)
2nd Fl Bath Faucets
Master bath Faucets
Hose Bibs

Windows (Thermal Panes)
Type A (36"X72"')
Type B (36"X 60"wink
Type C (30"X38"wink
Type D (48"X48" Tempered Glass)
Skylight Tunnel (36"X 60"wink

Doors (4 Panel Standard)
Ext Type A (36"X 84"wink
Ext Type B (36" X 84"wink
Interior Type A (32"X 84"wink
Interior Type B (60"X84" DBL)
Interior Type C (72"X 84" Sliding Panel)
Garage (14'-0"X 84"wink

Flooring
Type A Floor (Grade A Carpet w/1" Thick underlay)
Type B Floor (Grade A Granite Tile)
Type B Floor (Grade A Ceramic Tile)

Trimwork
6" Base Board
4" Crown Mouldings

Electric
Openings/Receptacles installed and wired (ea)
Electric Service Panel 9000 watts
Door Bell
Can Lights
Security Contacts
Cable
Cat 5 to Server
Power Meter
Smoke Detectors

Current Cement Prices, as well as Pozzolan.
[/table]

They say some of us are dreamers. In this case, I'll be pleasantly surprised if you guys actually take the time to throw out these figures. I may share my Master Spreadsheet once completed with Nairalanders who could want to use it for quick detailed estimates. It's a lot of work, but once complete, it will be well worth it. I may also create a template that will feed the spreadsheet to spit out the lists and estimate. The Middle to Upper Middle class market is the target for this particular project. Thanks in advance.
Re: Any Builder/structural Engineer In The House? by Henrypp: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2020
[b]Nairaland please I need engineer in the house to help me out..... I bought a land and i discovered when am about to drill my borehole. That the land is fill with dirty and they use sand to covered the dirty. What will i do before building on the land

(1) (Reply)

3 Bedrooms Luxury Semi-detached Bungalow Plus 1 Room Bq Inside May Fair Gardens / 2 Plots Of Land Needed. / 2 Plots Of Land @ Isheri Lagos Before L.s.d.p.c River View N4m Per Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.