Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship (1128 Views)

"My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" / A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants / She Wants To Quit Her Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by wwwkaycom(m): 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
Yemi is my adopted sister, she lives in my house, coolheaded, hardworking, neat, honest and godly, I and my wife decided to house her when she had accommodation problem 15 months ago. Before then she lived with her aunty and the hubby of the aunty wasn't well disposed to her staying with them because she avoided his advances and would not want to cause problem in her Aunty's home. She introduced her fiance yo me when she moved into our house. Fast forward 13 months later, she started complaining to me that her boyfriend/fiance has been showing lackadaisical attitude to their relationship, she claimed the guy takes decision only after taking approval from his mum. I tried yo intervene, called the guy, discussed as man to man with him, he uttered no word but thanked me for my advises. The mother of the boy called Yemi to warn her never to report her child to anyone again, Yemi seemed to be tired of the whole thing, l would have asked her to call of the relationship but l restrained myself, I wouldn't like to be quoted, Yemi is 29 while the guy is 32, she is no longer willing to continue with the affair, what's your advise?
Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by Achiles: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
She should run while still can.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by Cutehector(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mind ur business op. Yemi is an adult and if she can't make up her own decisions by herself, den dats her own cup of tea. I am so tired of people askin for what to do when it's very much obvious the solution to their problem is just not far fetched.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by wwwkaycom(m): 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
Cutehector:
Mind ur business op. Yemi is an adult and if she can't make up her own decisions by herself, den dats her own cup of tea. I am so tired of people askin for what to do when it's very much obvious the solution to their problem is just not far fetched.
its not just about talking without giving an advise or a suggestion, Yemi is here with me and my wife reading your comments.
Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by fatheritunu: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
I have such man in my family right now!! Getting married to such man is not really a good idea because his mum will be in charge of the marriage, she will be the one to decide all the time and even if the guy wants to change a little bit, the mum will know its the wife trying to poison her son's mind towards her, so she will report to the whole world
, Life will later be unbearable for the lady!! So the best tin is to let go of such man but I know it not gonna be easy tho but she just have to let go. Bless you sire, Bless your wife, Bless sis yemi, bless your family !!!

2 Likes

Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by nnamdiosu(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
wwwkaycom:
its not just about talking without giving an advise or a suggestion, Yemi is here with me and my wife reading your comments.

Bro help me tell yemi......
1. A man who can't take decisions on his own isn't a man but a child. When u said the man's mother called yemi and told her not to report her son to anyone, I realized the man's problem has gone far. That means he even went to report u to his mother also, ( then that kind of person can't be advised safely)

2. Bible says that for this reason will a man leave his father and mother and cling to his wife. But from the look of things he wants to cling to hemi with his mum.

3. Lastly, yemi should ask God for wisdom and advise if she should continue. Yemi should talk to the guy again. Heart to heart. Show him y marriage decisions should be between man and wife not man, mother and wife. How couples behave in court ship shows how marriage might be

Lastly sir, although you mean well, don't advise the man again. So he doesn't tell his mum and bad belly comes up. Tell yemi I said its well.

4 Likes

Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by Cutehector(m): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
wwwkaycom:
very good then! I hope she reads the part where she has to quit the relationship...
Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by DesChyko: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
For only one reason, she should quit.

Mother-in-laws and Daughter-in-laws are NEVER at peace in most homes. If her interference and influence is like this at this stage, the future is very very bleak.

Let her try Option B biko.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by tayo60(f): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Any man or woman tied to their mama's apron can't make a good husband or wife. She should free him to go marry his mama. grin
Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by Winneygirl(f): 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
If you are not happy in a relationship, maybe it's a sign for you to walk away.

The Mum is not the problem here. It is the guy who has not been showing enough commitment to the relationship.
Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by mylove4him(f): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
That is the worst thing that can happen to a wIfe. A man that can't take decisions with his wife but runs to the mother. Yemi should know that she will be married to the mother and her son. Run for your dear life. Unless God intervenes you will forever be marrying two husbands.
Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by focus7: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
It is better for Yemi to marry late than for her to marry mumy's boy.

1 Like

Re: She Wants To Call Off Her Relationship by mostyg(m): 10:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
He who has a good wife with bad in-laws is not like he who has a bad wife with good in-laws.

God please grant Yemi and all other single ladies on nl with good husbands and good in-laws.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Secrets Which You Dont Want Anybody To Know, Here / OMG! See What A Nurse Pulled Out From A Woman's Ear. / 5 Websites Nigerian Expecting Mothers Can Benefit From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.