Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? (580 Views)

Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) / Question For The Hausa On NL / Refuting The Myth:African Americans Vs Africans(Nigerians) In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? by conniegirls(f): 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
Why do most of you feel that we in the diaspora are rich and 'ajebota', a lot of us are extremely hard working and are not rich at all. I am tired of whenever I go to Nigeria (I was born and raised in the UK) people make it seem like I am friends with the Queen of England.

2 Likes

Re: A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? by AfricanApple(f): 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
born and bred indeed

1 Like

Re: A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
conniegirls:
Why do most of you feel that we in the diaspora are rich and 'ajebota', a lot of us are extremely hard working and are not rich at all. I am tired of whenever I go to Nigeria (I was born and raised in the UK) people make it seem like I am friends with the Queen of England.

It is because some Nigerians in the United States and UK lie that it is much better when in fact it isn't. Thus, many Nigerians are led into believing that things are so much better in the West than they are in Naija. It's utterly false, I know. Nigerians in the west have to work their butts off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? by Amoto94(m): 11:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
Blame it on pop culture
Re: A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
People believe whst they see on TV. The West is portrayed as heaven on earth, and Africa as hell.

I hear African illegal immigrants are now crossing the Atlantic in a bid to catch the life of milk and honey. Imagine that, the massive Atlantic ocean!
Re: A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? by Wulfruna(f): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
Muafrika2:
People believe whst they see on TV. The West is portrayed as heaven on earth, and Africa as hell.

I hear African illegal immigrants are now crossing the Atlantic in a bid to catch the life of milk and honey. Imagine that, the massive Atlantic ocean!

The Atlantic? Lol, How? You probably mean the Mediterranean Sea.
Re: A BIG Question For Nigerians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
Wulfruna:

The Atlantic? Lol, How? You probably mean the Mediterranean Sea.
I saw it in one of the major news networks by passing on cnn or al jazeera. I thought they use similar boats but it seems they are doing it as stowaways..

African immigrants drift toward Latin America

X
By Luis Andres Henao

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Stowed away on cargo ships and unsure where their dangerous journeys will take them, increasing numbers of African immigrants are arriving in Latin America as European countries tighten border controls.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5AF0AG20091116

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin’s Funeral: Council Bans Benin Residents From Cooking With Fire / Igbo Language Writer/editor Wanted (great Pay) / What's The Essence Of Tribal Marks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.