Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) (2228 Views)

John Randle Centre For Yoruba Culture: Noisy And Unapologetically Non-European / China People And Culture In Anambra / The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
Quick question for Yoruba people. In the story of Moremi the woman who saved the Yorubas from the Forest people called Igbo In Yoruba. Did the Yoruba assimilate with them or are these people still the same Igbo people in South east or nothing in common. Abeg ai jus de ask? Wu fi hepp MI na?
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by MightySparrow: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
No relationship. Igbo in the history is the one in Ondo state where Oba Akinruntan reigns

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by amaniro: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Igbo is a place in Yoruba land.
so the indigenes can never be Igbo

just a coincident

am I clear?

FYI am Igbo

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
amaniro:

just a coincident

am I clear?

FYI am Igbo
Thanks
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
MightySparrow:
No relationship. Igbo in the history is the onein Ondo state where Oba Akinruntan reigns

Thanks
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by AntiGod: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
THE STORY WAS FAKE AND FORGED

IT NEVER HAPPENED

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by SenorFax(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
AntiGod:

IT NEVER HAPPENED
Ideregbe ni e

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by SenorFax(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
AntiGod:

IT NEVER HAPPENED
Honestly, Ideregbe ni e

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by OneCorner: 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
Never true.
We igbos are still in Israel then

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by AntiGod: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
SenorFax:

Honestly, Ideregbe ni e

2 Likes

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by AntiGod: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
SenorFax:

Ideregbe ni e

2 Likes

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by AntiGod: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
OneCorner:
Never true.
We igbos are still in Israel then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by SenorFax(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
[quote author=AntiGod post=69192418][/quote]
grin grin
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2018
SenorFax:
Ideregbe ni e
Explain more.
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Fatherofdragons: 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2018
Sinistami:
Quick question for Yoruba people. In the story of Moremi the woman who saved the Yorubas from the Forest people called Igbo In Yoruba. Did the Yoruba assimilate with them or are these people still the same Igbo people in South east or nothing in common. Abeg ai jus de ask? Wu fi hepp MI na?

I used to think of u as a sane person but u are as evil as these afonjas.

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

I used to think of u as a sane person but u are as evil as these afonjas.

Ah Ah wetin I do now na. I only ask question na. My girl friend told me the story and she couldn't answer the question so I moved to Nairaland to quench mah Thirst. I didn't mean to offend anyone .

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by BabaRamota1980: 3:15am On Jul 09, 2018
amaniro:

just a coincident

am I clear?

FYI am Igbo

No it is not a coincident. The people in SE now called Igbo are historically Ibo. Nothing in their cultural history is Igbo. The change from Ibo to Igbo happened not too long ago during a scramble to create and amass tangible artifacts to back its cultural identity. SE becoming Igbo was for political convenience and not for truth of cultural history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Fatherofdragons: 4:08am On Jul 09, 2018
Sinistami:

Ah Ah wetin I do now na. I only ask question na. My girl friend told me the story and she couldn't answer the question so I moved to Nairaland to quench mah Thirst. I didn't mean to offend anyone .

my friend will u stop that nonsense, u think I don't know how ppl like u behave in this forum? this bloody place is already tribal enough but u had to create such a topic.

and the worst part is that u are neither igbo nor yor.oba.

how about I create a topic about ijaw history in the most mischievous way, let me see if u would be smiling by then.

3 Likes

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by BabaRamota1980: 4:14am On Jul 09, 2018
Sinistami:

If true that you are Ijaw as stated in above post you should cover your face in shame. Dont make me put up a exploratory on your ethnic group and put your yansh out here for all to see. Watch yourself!

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

If true that you are Ijaw as stated in above post you should cover your face in shame. Dont make me put up a exploratory on your ethnic group and put your yansh out here for all to see. Watch yourself!

Sorry o na MI cause am I was just curious I didn't mean for it to come out this way am new to nairaland if you don't know. just curious I didn't knowingly insult any tribe I was just asking. anyway even if you say something bad about the Ijaw e nor do MI anything is Ijaw my name it's just a group that I belong to. so goan insult away.
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 10:20am On Jul 09, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

my friend will u stop that nonsense, u think I don't know how ppl like u behave in this forum? this bloody place is already tribal enough but u had to create such a topic.

and the worst part is that u are neither igbo nor yor.oba.

how about I create a topic about ijaw history in the most mischievous way, let me see if u would be smiling by then.

See Iam new to nairaland if u didn't notice I didn't mean to I was only asking a question which I thought nairaland would be the best place to answer me. though I expected some bad replies but not really like this. if u say u want to create a topic of Ijaw history that would hurt me which it won't because Ijaw isn't my name Iam pretty much detribalized I've got a dad who is half Ijaw half Igbo whos great granddad was a Saro also showing Yoruba Ancestry. goan and do your mind I no go send when Iam just Ijaw because my dad chose there. e no do mi anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2018
Iam the wrongest person you should be threatening with Tribal bashing anyway bash away the only I'd do is delete the thread. See pipo de Kari tribe wan Yan me as if I bi one kain old man. Abegi am just 19 o don't really have much emotional connections with my tribe Iam only Emotional for The Niger delta and Naija as a whole I even created a thread once about loving the Yoruba people (Because my girlfriend was Yoruba and she made me love her culture) and heck I can't even speak Ijaw so bash away o. Una never Jam sef I just de Laff.
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Lancevancedance: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

No it is not a coincident. The people in SE now called Igbo are historically Ibo. Nothing in their cultural history is Igbo. The change from Ibo to Igbo happened not too long ago during a scramble to create and amass tangible artifacts to back its cultural identity. SE becoming Igbo was for political convenience and not for truth of cultural history.

what about Igbo people bearing surnames like Igbokwe
Igboanusi,Igboanugo or Igbo towns like Igboukwu,igbere?
So these people ancestors changed their former names so as to amass the tangible artifacts too?
Many are mad but few roams the street

4 Likes

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Fatherofdragons: 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2018
Lancevancedance:
what about Igbo people bearing surnames like Igbokwe
Igboanusi,Igboanugo or Igbo towns like Igboukwu,igbere?
So these people ancestors changed their former names so as to amass the tangible artifacts too?
Many are mad by few roams the street

u dey mind am, that's why I ignored that ignorant post in the first place.

imagine afonja, onye ofe mmanu telling me the right spelling for my ethnic name? what a joke

2 Likes

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by OlaoChi: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

u dey mind am, that's why I ignored that ignorant post in the first place.

imagine afonja, onye ofe mmanu telling me the right spelling for my ethnic name? what a joke

All Yorubas are not as ignorant as that so do not generalize

I laughed when I read that too but the guy is known to post nonsense on this forum

We should be working towards peace and brotherhood not senseless war if words

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
OlaoChi:

All Yorubas are not as ignorant as that so do not generalize

I laughed when I read that too but the guy is known to post nonsense on this forum

We should be working towards peace and brotherhood not senseless war if words

Thank you my brother

2 Likes

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by FisifunKododada: 12:57am On Jul 14, 2018
The OP did not do anything wrong. OP carry on joor.

2 Likes

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
FisifunKododada:
The OP did not do anything wrong. OP carry on joor.

Thank you Bross tell them. we're are u from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by FisifunKododada: 1:11am On Jul 15, 2018
Sinistami:

Thank you Bross tell them. we're are u from

Ogun state. You from Delta?

1 Like

Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 6:22am On Jul 15, 2018
FisifunKododada:

Ogun state. You from Delta?

No Yenagoa Bayelsa State. LOL why yu think say I from delta
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by FisifunKododada: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2018
Sinistami:

No Yenagoa Bayelsa State. LOL why yu think say I from delta

cheesy You dey yarn dat Warri yarn cheesy
Re: Quick Question For Yoruba People (and Igbos Too) by Sinistami(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
FisifunKododada:

cheesy You dey yarn dat Warri yarn cheesy

looks like you're not very familiar with the Niger Delta lol men the full core south that is Bayelsa Delta and Rivers na awa talk be that. Warri just got that accent. anyway I understand Bayelsa and delta dem no too give each other yard na them de share boundary na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unclad Girls, Flood The Set With Unclad Girls Joor - My Arguable opinion / Learn Chinese In 5 Minutes / Olu Of Warri Masked With Traditional Attire Against Convid 19- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.