Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Hope In God In Hopeless Times - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hope In God In Hopeless Times (8080 Views)

The Church Of GOD In Nigeria Is Not The Government Of Nigeria - Nneka Okumazie / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by Olukologia(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
BodyKiss:

Smh for this one. Dude, the only one holding you back is you.
you can say that again, but U think its convenient to be in a University area for yes. U cant understand.
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by olayincar(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Haggia 2 vs 9
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
uzolexis:
ok
This is the problem i have with my fellow Africans, we will forever remain 3rd world and underdeveloped nations if we leave all our problems to religion. Pple we have brains use them, we are jobless because our leaders know we will not hold them accountable for how they treat us instead we will pray for Nigeria and pray to God continously.
Pls watch this video and you would understand better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTioEAmeqnY

grin grin

in all thy getting, get wisdom & understanding.

U can easily get swayed by demagogues bro.

take Saudi Arabia & Israel 4 example. Are they not religious? Are they poor?
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by dominique(f): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

smiley

The fact that U are still alive is enough proof that there is a Great & merciful God.

When U sleep at night, can U explain where Ur consciousness travels to?

Can U explain the connection between the brain in Ur skull & the bones in Ur fingers that makes it possible for U to type what I quoted?

Can U explain hw breath gets to a foetus in the womb?

Can U explain Y "by the grace of God" U will see tomorrow?

My dear, God is real ooooooo

Every single one of these 'mysteries' has been explained by science. Watch more of discovery channel and Natgeo to improve your scope of knowledge.
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
dominique:

Every single one of these 'mysteries' has been explained by science. Watch more of discovery channel and Natgeo to improve your scope of knowledge.

pls bro quote their explanation for me.
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by naijamakossa(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
I am certainly sure that there is a living God up there,I am a full Christian who loves God with all my heart many people have abandoned Christianity because of the hardship they are facing,sometimes I weep for some Christian,most of them can't even acquire 3 square meal,,all over them is poverty but I know the God we are serving is a wealthy God,,,not like I am making mouth I have seen many who die in poverty without there destinn being fulfilled,,

my question is this how do we win soul whiles our condition is very bad maybe the person u are talking to Will just be laughing at u.I was talking with a sister and she told me that it is like God love sinner that most of her friends who don't worship God are doing very well in there life.

it is only those that are born with silver spoon can't understand the meaning of suffering or poverty these two diseases are very painful

God please bless your people.amen
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by naijamakossa(m): 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
ifenes:
Belief in one's self is all that matters in a period when all hope is lost. If you don't service your brains they will remain dull. Problems are meant to be solved and not pushed to a god. Putting hope in a religious god is as good as being dead.
all this pastors being telling you to put your hope on God when they are in need they will not put there hope on God rather they put there hope on us the congregation to contribute for them,,I vividly remember contributing for a pastor son to go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by Bondesniger(m): 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
i hope in you oh GOD
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by uzolexis(f): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

grin grin

in all thy getting, get wisdom & understanding.

U can easily get swayed by demagogues bro.

take Saudi Arabia & Israel 4 example. Are they not religious? Are they poor?

Have you heard of outliers,outliers are exception to the rule. If you do an experiment and majority of your samples give similar result except very few, those few are outliers and they occur in every economic study of which this is not an exception. Saudi Arabia and Israel are outliers, most countries that are very religious are very poor. Lots of economic studies that have been done on the relationship btw religion and poverty and the result has not changed. Poverty aside, both countries you mentioned do you know how much human right violation goes on in these countries
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by naijamakossa(m): 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
uzolexis:

Have you heard of outliers,outliers are exception to the rule. If you do an experiment and majority of your samples give similar result except very few, those few are outliers and they occur in every economic study of which this is not an exception. Saudi Arabia and Israel are outliers, most countries that are very religious are very poor. Lots of economic studies that have been done on the relationship btw religion and poverty and the result has not changed. Poverty aside, both countries you mentioned do you know how much human right violation goes on in these countries
someone told me that if you want to worship God with all your heart and obey every of his commandment be ready to suffer,,,
and it is like only the poors can make heaven then why do Jesus tell nichodimus to sell all his property to inherit the kingdom of God LOL

I just dey pray God mek he no tempt me the way he did with job LOL
true talk I no go fit to withstand I go just give up.

God have mercy on us
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by virginboy1(m): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
Strongbest:

Suffer? Lols. Expensive joke!

Well, let's not derail this beautiful thread.

If you can explain the mystery of 'sleep' then I can buy into your school of thought.
Since Goat,Bear,Chicken,Rat et al sleeps will they go to heaven or hell?
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by virginboy1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

smiley

The fact that U are still alive is enough proof that there is a Great & merciful God.

When U sleep at night, can U explain where Ur consciousness travels to?

Can U explain the connection between the brain in Ur skull & the bones in Ur fingers that makes it possible for U to type what I quoted?

Can U explain hw breath gets to a foetus in the womb?

Can U explain Y "by the grace of God" U will see tomorrow?

My dear, God is real ooooooo

Dude explain this excerpt

Have u seen kids born with neonatal defects?
Have u been with kids in the last stage of cancer?
The dejected look on the mother's face?
The hopelessness of a God in her life at the moment?
What kinda God creates worms that only survive by
burrowing into kid's eyes?
What kinda god creates a being knowing beforehand that
the being would fail, then creates an eternal punishment
for the being for failing? I know you will use freewill as an excuse to buttress your fallacy.
well I am here to learn
Brianike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by Drizhystc(m): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
The devil didn't even make d mistake of saying there is no God
freecocoa:
When will you people start using your heads?

Is all the unanswered prayers on behalf of Nigeria, not proof enough that there is no God anywhere looking out for you? Na wa o.

Stop wasting your time hoping on any gods, you and I are all we need to achieve what we want.

With humanity and more of it, in us all, the world will be a lot better.
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by Cityguy: 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
This is a wonderful post. Thought provoking and inspiring. I have gotten to a point where I can conclusively say there is God. Problem with many of us is that we have allowed our spirituality/religiosity rob us of humanity. We pray ceaselessly, fast and speak in different languages but milk of kindness has dried up in us. We care less of others. Let us stop all forms of extortion, God is not bribed by our pretentious pious outward dispositions on Fridays and Sundays. Let us love one another, respect others and aim to leave this world better than we met it. No need fighting or killing others over what we feel is best way to worship God. When we get there, we will receive our rewards and vindication as to whether we chose the right way or not. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by donbenie(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Drizhystc:
The devil didn't even make d mistake of saying there is no God
Maybe because there's no Devil..

Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
uzolexis:

U will rule all my samples as exceptions so I won't bother myself to list them 4 U.

Stop blaming God for the failures of men.

9ja for example. Na God say make our leaders corrupt?

Na God say make me & U dey do favouritism when we wan dish out jobs?

1 Like

Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
virginboy1:

Dude explain this excerpt

Have u seen kids born with neonatal defects?
Have u been with kids in the last stage of cancer?
The dejected look on the mother's face?
The hopelessness of a God in her life at the moment?
What kinda God creates worms that only survive by
burrowing into kid's eyes?
What kinda god creates a being knowing beforehand that
the being would fail, then creates an eternal punishment
for the being for failing? I know you will use freewill as an excuse to buttress your fallacy.
well I am here to learn
Brianike

grin

So U really think God created all these diseases.

The God that love Humans so much as to die for Us

Devil go do us bad. we go begin blame God. Na wa for Human beings ooooooo
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by virginboy1(m): 7:17am On Apr 25, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

grin

Who created the devil?
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
virginboy1:

Who created the devil?

God.

He (the devil) was a very good chorister till he felt too big & the rest is history.
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by virginboy1(m): 4:51am On Apr 26, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

grin

You see, one issue I have with most conventional
Christians is that, they are averse to questions that has
to do with logic. When curiosity triggers one to ask a
certain question they direct it to devil .

if I may ask, "Where were you 1000yrs ago. Heaven or Hell?
Re: Hope In God In Hopeless Times by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
virginboy1:

You see, one issue I have with most conventional Christians is that, they are averse to questions that has to do with logic. When curiosity triggers one to ask a certain question they direct it to devil .
if I may ask, "Where were you 1000yrs ago. Heaven or Hell?

No where.

I did not exist 1000 years ago.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reincarnation - Deepsight, Let's Talk Here / Was Jesus Christ Crucified? / The Evidence Of Nephilis, The Giants In The Bible - PITURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.